AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I let my daughter pick the lower, Spikes Calico jack lower, and I snagged her a KAC SR15 E3 Mod 1 and a SWFA HD 1-6x. She picked the design but I kind of coached her in the paint colors on the job I did for her. Here's a pic of her shooting, she's 5 now.
<a href="http://s767.photobucket.com/user/sgtbutt/media/Screenshot_2016-01-20-20-21-42_zpsmhvv7vdc.png.html" target="_blank">http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx320/sgtbutt/Screenshot_2016-01-20-20-21-42_zpsmhvv7vdc.png</a>
Get them what they want and they'll love it. As far as like a battle worn I did this for a guy, it's kind of a pain in the ass but I painted one color and let cure then paint over and use 0000 steel wool to wear off top paint (makes a huge mess with steel fibers).
<a href="http://s767.photobucket.com/user/sgtbutt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PART_1437143054074_20150716_210137_zps3e907b10.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx320/sgtbutt/Mobile%20Uploads/PART_1437143054074_20150716_210137_zps3e907b10.jpg</a>
Bad pic but it shows the AK paint job. I would suggest finding someone local who can paint and have your daughter give him ideas and see what he can do from there, that way you can build it exactly how you want and paint it how you want.
View Quote

Your 5 year old has an SR15? I hate her
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#2]
What rifle has air vents?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Send yours to a guy name of Tom Murphy. He charges idiots 3000.00 to beat the shit out of a new 6000.00 dollar Gibson guitar then sends it back to them.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:50:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I wouldn't take a "pre-worn" AR if it came with a blow job. Some things just have to be done first-person/real time, or not at all.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When my niece told me she was interested in an AR15, I opened up the vault and told her she could pick any AR15 she wanted, and whatever optic and accessories she wanted.  She choose.... wisely.  
View Quote

Hey Uncle Stickman, Im interested in an AR15. Can you open up the vault for me too?!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
These guys don't build the rifles, but they'll paint yours.

http://blowndeadline.net/gallery/
View Quote

Here's my ADM UIC cerakoted by BDL in a distressed FDE.  They did a fantastic job.

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:30:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wouldn't take a "pre-worn" AR if it came with a blow job.
View Quote

Send it my way then! I'll take one for the team.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]
It's probably a Spike's Lower, you can get it at PSA
http://www.primaryarms.com/spikes-tactical-lower-multi-forged-spartan-stripped/p/stls021/

buy what you want, it's your money.  I don't even remotely agree with altering a rifle for just aesthetics.  But I'm not you and you're not me.  Do what you do man.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#10]
OP:

You do.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Blown Deadline has 2 types of "battleworn" cerakote, but the job isn't cheap as it requires a decent bit of hand work and looks great in pictures but may cause you to look a bit like a poser in reality.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I let my daughter pick the lower, Spikes Calico jack lower, and I snagged her a KAC SR15 E3 Mod 1 and a SWFA HD 1-6x. She picked the design but I kind of coached her in the paint colors on the job I did for her. Here's a pic of her shooting, she's 5 now.
<a href="http://s767.photobucket.com/user/sgtbutt/media/Screenshot_2016-01-20-20-21-42_zpsmhvv7vdc.png.html" target="_blank">http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx320/sgtbutt/Screenshot_2016-01-20-20-21-42_zpsmhvv7vdc.png</a>
Get them what they want and they'll love it. As far as like a battle worn I did this for a guy, it's kind of a pain in the ass but I painted one color and let cure then paint over and use 0000 steel wool to wear off top paint (makes a huge mess with steel fibers).
<a href="http://s767.photobucket.com/user/sgtbutt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/PART_1437143054074_20150716_210137_zps3e907b10.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx320/sgtbutt/Mobile%20Uploads/PART_1437143054074_20150716_210137_zps3e907b10.jpg</a>
Bad pic but it shows the AK paint job. I would suggest finding someone local who can paint and have your daughter give him ideas and see what he can do from there, that way you can build it exactly how you want and paint it how you want.
View Quote

THAT is so cool.  Whatever it takes to get them out there!  Well done
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 6:15:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Spikes makes a cool weathered upper/lower/rail set

http://www.spikestactical.com/sandbox-upper-spider-lower-set-w12-bar2-rail-p-1340.html  and I know a place that has one in stock

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Exactly.  Anyone who is giving you grief here for wanting to get something for your DAUGHTER, can go pound sand.  

Getting your daughter into shooting is awesome.

Your daughter spending time with you and going to the store is awesome.

Your daughter having interest in AR15s is awesome.

You wanting to make your daughter happy is awesome.

You wanting to have your daughter shooting is awesome.

People who trash your post are not awesome because they scum up the above awesomeness.  

When my niece told me she was interested in an AR15, I opened up the vault and told her she could pick any AR15 she wanted, and whatever optic and accessories she wanted.  She choose.... wisely.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dad/daughter time is priceless, imo. Never get lost time back. Spend it with them while they are interested.

Exactly.  Anyone who is giving you grief here for wanting to get something for your DAUGHTER, can go pound sand.  

People who trash your post are not awesome because they scum up the above awesomeness.  

Hey there, my wonderful long lost father, I have an interest in obtaining an AR15.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Its for his daughter, why would anyone care if she wants a pink rifle, or a battleworn rifle, it aint for you.

OP checkout blowndeadline.com

Buy a rifle send it to him, he can do any pattern/color your daughter would like.

A lot of cool guy operators around lately
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Lol thug life yo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Hey guys, I saw these rifles at this one store. They were black and one looked like it had this one thing on it, but it wasn't. They also had some neat stuff on them. What kind were they?"

Lol thug life yo

World Star!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 10:49:53 PM EDT
[#17]
I do Cerakote and quite often have battleworn requests. Mostly with greens though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:26:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Krylon + actual use = weathered look
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dad/daughter time is priceless, imo. Never get lost time back. Spend it with them while they are interested.

Great post Stick and I agree 100%. I have three daughters of my own and did the same thing you did with your niece although I did select a few that were off limits, like my SR25 and a couple of other KAC rifles ..

They also chose wisely and now each have their own that all happen to be set up to also be run suppressed and I think they knew that when they were deciding. They all love shooting suppressed anyways and I have more than enough for them to each have their own when we all go shooting.

Only one of them picked a Glock as their handgun though and the other two prefer the M&P.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:14:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Only one of them picked a Glock as their handgun though and the other two prefer the M&P.

View Quote

Ban them.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:31:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Really the easiest way is to paint it and use it. If you want to accelerate the look paint multiple coats in typical camp colors then hit with brake cleaner.

I'm in the process of stripping this but if I wanted work I'd leave it like this.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 10:20:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Do you own a concrete driveway? Or, perhaps can use the neighbors for a minute or two?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't use a case.

Mine get tossed in the truck together, tossed on the bench, laid on the ground, shot, not cleaned, painted then unpainted, tossed in the truck some more, and shot some more.

Time does what you seek.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#25]
DIY
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Can I pay someone to wear my jeans and break them in and make them look old?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I've always liked to get the 'look' the old fashioned way

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#28]
I bought one. Bushmaster xm15 police trade in. Its worn but not beat and it shoots great. $600 shipped

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top