Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2016 12:52:18 PM EDT
Need some Dissy peeps to hopefully help me with a small problem. I had Windham Weaponry install their Dissy HBAR kit on my new build and it has a godawful rattle. I pulled the hand guards and the shields are tight, so is the gas block. The triangular cap seems to be very loose and under very little tension, is this normal ? What can I do to tighten it up ?

TIA

Pete
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Tap the gas tube hole in the front sight base and install a cap screw to keep the cap tight.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:11:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Put a couple strips of black tape on the end of the hand guards or the inside of the handguard cap, should build up a little bit of space and deaden the noise.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put a couple strips of black tape on the end of the hand guards or the inside of the handguard cap, should build up a little bit of space and deaden the noise.
View Quote

i've done that too. not perfect but it was better.

i have bending the edges of the cap too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought about a skim coat of black RTV, or epoxy and letting it cure before putting the guards back on. If that fails I'll have to do the bolt trick. Thanks Guys !!
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/27/2016 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tap the gas tube hole in the front sight base and install a cap screw to keep the cap tight.
View Quote

This works.

Hole is perfect tap drill size for 10-32.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#6]
UPDATE: Bought some e-clips at Ace and snapped one over the roll pin between the cap and FSB, works awesome ! Not even a hint of a rattle. It's even parkerized : )
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top