BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 4:28:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Honorthevets] [#1]
Hi everyone, It's an honor joining your community. I live in Italy and this is my home defense Ar.
It's a european Ar15 11.9 barrel 5.56 but I've upgraded it with all made in USA components.
Jp Bcg
Wc 2 stage trigger
Vltor gas block
Magpul grip, vfg2 and Ubr stock
Kns non rotating pins
Troy handguard
Surefire Brake
Rainier Raptor CH
Magpul BUIS
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the Forum!
Is it hard to get a AR15 in Italy?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the forum.

Nice blaster.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dixiedog1980:
Welcome to the Forum!
View Quote

Is it hard to get parts with ITAR?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the Forum!
View Quote

Thanks for the welcome, It's not so hard to find Ar15s here in Italy, but legislation is far more different that in the US.
To be as simple as possible I can tell you that there are some restrinctions regarding guns similar to the military ones (f.e. the number of that kind of weapons you can own). For now I own 2 Ar15 and another one is in the way. Our politicians are worse than your "liberals" trying every couple of years to restrict firearms possession, but we try to be stronger than them.
Thanks again for the welcome
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:22:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By machinegunseabee:
Welcome to the forum.

Nice blaster.
View Quote

Thanks for welcome, God bless America.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gotuonpaper:
Welcome to the Forum!

Yes It is. You cannot order weapons parts directly in the US, so you must buy them through the importers. Result: you buy them but the price doubles.
But it doesn't matter us parts are the best so they are worth the expense.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:00:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the forum. Awesome rifle
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 2:14:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Welcome to the forum. Awesome rifle
View Quote

Thank you, the one you posted in the first pages is awesome too.
I saw you live in Tx lucky guy, great State.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
My Go To up until I started a slightly lighter version:

VCQB 11.5 INCH S.S BARREL, DOUGLAS PREMIUM, 1:7, M4 RAMPS, ION BOND FINISH (global tactical)
CMT Upper receiver (gts)
Young MFG Chrome BCG (gts)
Larue Tactical 9.0 rail (lt) (w/ LT index clips)
LT low profile gas block (lt)
Troy front & rear flip up iron sights (s&w)
Trijicon ACOG TA33R-8 w/ LT 105 QD Mount
Larue MBT-2 trigger
Magpul MIAD grip (black)
Magpul Mil-spec CTR (black) + Magpul Advanced Rubber Buttpad
Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Application Sling Padded (VCAS) w/ sewn in QD
YHM QD Phantom suppressor
Surefire M952V
-LaRue Tactical Surefire Offset Mount LT752E

http://poteau-oil.com/photography/firearm2016/sbr0316-04.jpg

The new upper, as my VCQB from Denny's guns wasn't getting the groups I'd desire and wanted to drop some weight

12” Larue Stealth Barrel 1:8 twist M4 ramps
BCM Complete Upper Receiver M4 ramps
SLR Adjustable Gas Block .750” (BCM gas tube)
BCM 10” KMR Alpha Keymod Free Float Handguard
Troy front & rear flip up iron sights (s&w)
LT M16 BCG
+ same add-ons as the other upper
http://poteau-oil.com/photography/firearm2016/sbr1016-05.jpg
View Quote

Super nice.  Do you find the TA-33 or better said, BAC works at Home Defense distances?
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:20:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Honorthevets:
Hi everyone, It's an honor joining your community. I live in Italy and this is my home defense Ar.
It's a european Ar15 11.9 barrel 5.56 but I've upgraded it with all made in USA components.
Jp Bcg
Wc 2 stage trigger
Vltor gas block
Kns non rotating pins
Troy handguard
Surefire Brake
Rainier Raptor CH
Magpul BUIS
https://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/molossousmc/image_zpsrfljzxku.jpeg
View Quote

Welcome!  Very nice rifle, but I especially love the flag patch and the backdrop.  You're alright in my book!
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Jp Bcg

Wc 2 stage trigger

Vltor gas block

Kns non rotating pins

Troy handguard

Surefire Brake

Rainier Raptor CH

Magpul BUIS

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/molossousmc/image_zpsrfljzxku.jpeg
View Quote
Nice piece of kit you got and welcome

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 2:24:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Honorthevets] [#13]
To M1tchell: (sorry I forgot to quote)

Thanks for welcome,
I think that here in Europe we should be more grateful to the Country and the people that fight all over the world for our freedom. USMC are always at the frontline not only for the US but for all the free world too. I have been lucky coming to the United Stetes several times and I can say you're a great country.
Thanks again for welcome.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 2:24:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
View All Quotes
Jp Bcg
Wc 2 stage trigger
Vltor gas block
Kns non rotating pins
Troy handguard
Surefire Brake
Rainier Raptor CH
Magpul BUIS
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh538/molossousmc/image_zpsrfljzxku.jpeg

Think you for your welcome.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 10:31:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Thanks for welcome,
I think that here in Europe we should be more grateful to the Country and the people that fight all over the world for our freedom. USMC are always at the frontline not only for the US but for all the free world too. I have been lucky coming to the United Stetes several times and I can say you're a great country.
View Quote

It's cool to hear that. Watch the news around here sometimes and it seems like the whole world hates us.

Back to the pic thread:

By the bed

This is the truck gun for now, but eventually it's going to get a 12.5" barrel instead of the 11.5"

Link Posted: 11/17/2016 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#16]

Thanks for welcome,
View Quote

Yeah...it's good to hear that.

And good for you keeping up the fight there in Italy!
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By M1tchell:

It's cool to hear that. Watch the news around here sometimes and it seems like the whole world hates us.

Back to the pic thread:

By the bed

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/88turbotime/media/IMG_20161117_081307294.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/88turbotime/IMG_20161117_081307294.jpg</a>

This is the truck gun for now, but eventually it's going to get a 12.5" barrel instead of the 11.5"

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/88turbotime/media/IMG_20161117_081541244.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/88turbotime/IMG_20161117_081541244.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

Thanks for welcome,

Back to the pic thread:

By the bed

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/88turbotime/media/IMG_20161117_081307294.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/88turbotime/IMG_20161117_081307294.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/88turbotime/media/IMG_20161117_081541244.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/88turbotime/IMG_20161117_081541244.jpg</a>

You would be surprised about how many people here think the same. Fortunately the news are often wrong, you know few weeks ago news told us that your next president would have been Hillary Clinton, but they were wrong. It has been a good surprise for us in Europe too.
Returning in topic how you feel with the Vortex on that Sbr? I have an ACOG on my other AR but I'm looking for something else for another build.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 1:34:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Honorthevets] [#18]
To minion42 (forgot to quote again sorry).

You can count on it. USA is the last bastion of freedom, and last election confirmed that.
Here you will have always good friends, except for that kind of "liberals" that you see on TV or you read on the papers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 2:57:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Returning in topic how you feel with the Vortex on that Sbr? I have an ACOG on my other AR but I'm looking for something else for another build.
View Quote

Actually I just got the vortex a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to put a lot of rounds through it yet.  As I mentioned it's still a work in progress, will have a longer barrel on it eventually without the front sight post but I'll run it like that for now.  It's sighted in at 200 yards, plenty easy enough to get hits at that range with it.  It's my first 1-4x scope, and I'm liking it so far, its nice and clear.  I do love ACOGs, but never owned one myself.  I'm intrigued by the new AA battery ones.  Is yours battery or tritium powered?
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Truck gun/ pack gun.... "not a huge loss if its stolen" gun

fullsizeoutput_7b0 by Johnny Ringo, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 3:49:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Actually I just got the vortex a couple weeks ago and haven't been able to put a lot of rounds through it yet.  As I mentioned it's still a work in progress, will have a longer barrel on it eventually without the front sight post but I'll run it like that for now.  It's sighted in at 200 yards, plenty easy enough to get hits at that range with it.  It's my first 1-4x scope, and I'm liking it so far, its nice and clear.  I do love ACOGs, but never owned one myself.  I'm intrigued by the new AA battery ones.  Is yours battery or tritium powered?
View All Quotes

I was in your same situation when I decided to buy an ACOG. At the beginning I wanted to buy the battery one then I thought "ACOGs were born with tritium because on the field is a big pro not having to change batteries" so I went with tritium. I'm very happy with that. After short time I had the chance to try the battery one too and I tell you that is awesome too. Little more weight because of the battery but you don't have any problem finding the right illumination (you know that with fiber optic dirctly under the sun reticle could become a little bit too bright). If you think to mount it on the trunk gun maybe could be better the battery one (using it the most outside) but I think it's an hard choice. Both are great optics and do their work perfectly. To take the best form them and from the reticle the best is zeroing it at 100 yd. As mentioned before now I would like to try a variable sight and I never had a chance to try Vortex but I read that are good optics and worth the money.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#22]
HD Gun

Trunk Gun

Couples Photo
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Beautiful rifles, which kind of mag is the one in the first pic?
View All Quotes

Ets
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#26]

RDS plans for the HD gun?
View All Quotes

Was wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 11/18/2016 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#27]

You would be surprised about how many people here think the same. Fortunately the news are often wrong, you know few weeks ago news told us that your next president would have been Hillary Clinton, but they were wrong. It has been a good surprise for us in Europe too.

View All Quotes

Thanks for welcome,

Back to the pic thread:

By the bed

I know it is off topic.... but what is the general mood with the vote coming up to amend your constitution?

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#28]
I know it is off topic.... but what is the general mood with the vote coming up to amend your constitution?

I'm surprised that someone on the other side of atlantic knows about our vote . 
About the general mood you were asking me, I think that No it's gonna win. I don't know how our constitution amending was presented overseas, but it has multiple significance. We (conservative) will vote No above all to try giving a signal of discontinuity with the actual government. I tell you we are very tired of EU because we give every year billions of our taxes to be paid back with no help for the african invasion and with no consideration for the needs of italian families. 
Do you know what Bruxelles said the day after Paris attacks? "We have to limit access to weapons for European citizens" when everybody knew that the Aks used in the attacks were from the black market of the balcans. Italexit is the way.

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 7:05:49 AM EDT
[#29]

About the general mood you were asking me, I think that No it's gonna win. I don't know how our constitution amending was presented overseas, but it has multiple significance. We (conservative) will vote No above all to try giving a signal of discontinuity with the actual government. I tell you we are very tired of EU because we give every year billions of our taxes to be paid back with no help for the african invasion and with no consideration for the needs of italian families.

Do you know what Bruxelles said the day after Paris attacks? "We have to limit access to weapons for European citizens" when everybody knew that the Aks used in the attacks were from the black market of the balcans. Italexit is the way.

View Quote
It isn't being presented at all. Not a word on American Media. I know of it since I read foreign news sources and visit forums on the other side.

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#30]
It isn't being presented at all. Not a word on American Media. I know of it since I read foreign news sources and visit forums on the other side.  
View All Quotes

Understood, that's normal. I do the same to keep me informed about US news. I saw you live in FL, I have been there three times, beautiful State.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:48:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RLunyATL] [#31]

the recent truck gun build, rides in the Jeep in a Phitz violin case

Aero Precision Ghost Gun lower

ALG QMS trigger

KAK Shockwave blade & buffer tube

Spike's ST-T2 buffer

BAD lever & ambi safety

Damage Industries M4 upper

Toolcraft 1B1B6 BCG

Faxon 10.5" 300BLK barrel

KVP Linear Comp

Troy 11" M-Lok handguard w/ squid grips

DD fixed irons

Streamlight ProTac HL in an Arisaka inline M-Lok mount

Proctor Sling

20rd Pmags loaded w/ Hornady 110gr V-Max

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By LeonC:

Ets
View All Quotes

Yeah he's got it. It's an ETS mag. They work great for 5.56. Haven't had good luck with them functioning 300BLK though. But it looks good so...
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 4:28:08 PM EDT
[#33]

RDS plans for the HD gun?
View All Quotes

Yeah. Wanting to scope the BCM and maybe MRO or T1 the AAC. Eventually.
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Jp Bcg
Wc 2 stage trigger
Vltor gas block
Kns non rotating pins
Troy handguard
Surefire Brake
Rainier Raptor CH
Magpul BUIS
View Quote

Welcome aboard...Great looking rifle you got there...

Link Posted: 11/20/2016 9:16:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kenlivingston] [#35]
HD

Upper

Socom 14.5
BCM Upper Receiver
Noveske/RCA Carrier - LMT Bolt
BCM CH
DD RIS II FSP
Surefire Socom Brake
Knights Flip Up Rear
Troy VFG
Surefire Warden
Aimpoint T2 - Bobro Mount

Lower

Bushmaster Pre Ban
Geissele SSA
Ergo Grip
Sopmod Stock
H2 Buffer

Loaded with Speer GD or MK 262.

Can be used as a club if out of bullets and I love it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:10:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By thegakattack:
Here is my favorite rifle. It's my primary home defense and truck gun. It's my Frankenstein's creation from parts centered around a Rainer Ultra Match 14.3 with pinned KX3 PIG. The guts are an aero precision nickle plate BCG housed in a mil-spec upper on a CMMG receiver. Guts are mil-spec and is begging for a gissele trigger. It rests on an LWRC ultra compact stock. Sighting is accomplished via M68 in a larue and the internal and external Troy sights. I also have a zeroed vortex 2.5-10x32 FFP scope clamped in a bobro QD mount for when I have to stretch the legs a bit. I use a surefire scout for light and a VTAC padded sling. I have a bunch of black rifles but this on just feels right and shoots like a dream come true.
http://<a href=http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l43/thegakattack/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0568_zpsmwxdwkpr.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l43/thegakattack/Mobile%20Uploads/KIMG0567_zpsle7tbc2e.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Looking good. Pretty sure I sold you the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 2:38:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
Jp Bcg
Wc 2 stage trigger
Vltor gas block
Kns non rotating pins
Troy handguard
Surefire Brake
Rainier Raptor CH
Magpul BUIS

Thank you. See you around the forum.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:48:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Bumping with a pic of my all around beater.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Attachment Attached File

BCM LW upper with BCG and CH
PA MD-ADS
Aero lower
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bachelor_of_Science:
All of these are for home defense, recreational shooting and just plain fun:
View Quote

@Bachelor_of_Science
What FSB light mount is that on the top one?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By hammermill290:
Upper:
LMT LM8 MRP 10.5" (it's not cool, but I'm not one of the cool kids)
Gemtech SBC (on the suppressed setting always, because it drops in and it works for this dedicated suppressed gun)
BCM Gunfighter charging handle with a little RTV on it  (best CH for me)
WML on IWC mount  (light weight, but risky due to a chance of it spontaneously self destructing...may replace)
Aimpoint T1 on LT660  (the gold standard in RDS on the gold standard of mounts)
MBUS Pro BUIS (extra weight, should probably remove)
Griffin Armament Spartan 3 (freakin' awesome suppressor)

Lower:
Receiver (is a brand I now dislike but it's SBR'ed and it works, so...)
Larue MBT with heavy spring  (favorite trigger by far)
A5 buffer system (seems to lessen impact of variables on operation, so I like it)
BCM stock (lightweight stock used to get balance of the gun where I want it)
MIAD grip (using the big ass backstrap)

Mags:
Lancer L5AWM (I like my brass scratched up)
30rds of 62gr Fusion (good 'bang' for the buck in defensive ammo)

Blue Force Gear Vickers sling, not pictured.

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad258/hammermill290/EBR/2016-06-05%2011.39.42_zpshpxdi38d.jpg
View Quote

I personally still love the MRP platform.. I was at SHOT Show the year they debut this and sent some pics to other fellow MRP enthusiasts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By iasc300ia:
Bumping with a pic of my all around beater.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/310007/content---p2pmsg-2-133199.JPG
View Quote

Really nice rifle. Some specs?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Kley-Zion
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:24:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mindfull] [#44]

Really nice rifle. Some specs?
View Quote

Cerro forge keyhole upper
Anderson lower
BCM 14.5" HF/HP/MI barrel
51T
SparcAR
Magpul buis
Minimalist stock
BCM extended ch
Failzero FA exo NB bcg
Seekins ambidextrous SSS
Streamlight protac 2 WL
Spraypaint
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Here's my duty rifle that rides with me every day at work. It's a Colt LE 6933 with Magpul SL handguard, grip and buttstock, AP T2 in a KDG Sidelok mount and a Streamlight RM2 in a Larue Lt752 mount. G3 PMAGS are loaded with 62 grain TAP barrier.

Link Posted: 1/25/2017 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By JKS9:

Yeah. Wanting to scope the BCM and maybe MRO or T1 the AAC. Eventually.
View All Quotes

Pics when it happens.  Rifle is too nice to not have one
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 2:45:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Honorthevets] [#47]
To iasc300ia:

Nice build. Congrats
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:20:32 AM EDT
[#48]
I hope I never have to use it in the house for self defense purposes.

Anderson Stripped Lower
PSA Lower Parts Kit
BCM "16" Carbine Standard Upper
Midwest Industries Drop In Carbine Quad Rail
BCM Gunfighter Stock or B5 Systems Enhanced Sopmod Stock (Own Both)
Magpul Furnishings
Eotech 512
Inforce HSP WML

I also just bought a LMT Defender 2000 lower that I plan on turning into a MK18 Mod 0 or 1 if I ever get my fingerprint cards from the ATF that I sent for. They don't have to be from the ATF, do they? I would like to get the ball moving on the Unconstitutional SBR process. I am hoping Trump will change the NFA.

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By BusterBunker:

I also just bought a LMT Defender 2000 lower that I plan on turning into a MK18 Mod 0 or 1 if I ever get my fingerprint cards from the ATF that I sent for. They don't have to be from the ATF, do they? I would like to get the ball moving on the Unconstitutional SBR process. I am hoping Trump will change the NFA.
View Quote

Just go to a local fingerprint/photo and passport ID shop.  Lots of places do this now.  This is what I did.  I have never sent for anything from the BATFE.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:59:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 12
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top