Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/27/2016 11:45:41 PM EDT
Have two of these barrels, both have shot extremely well. By far the most accurate of all the chrome lined barrels that I've owned. Decided to do a little accuracy evaluation and here are my results, most of the groups were hand loaded but they were not developed for these barrels. One of the groups is a 10 shot group of CBC 77gr factory ammo, which has shot well for me in two other barrels. All groups fired are 10 shots except for one, which is only four due to having only 15 rounds of the load and then one primer being a dud.

Range was 104 yards confirmed by laser rangefinder, rifles were rested with sandbags in front and rear bag. Optics used were a SWFA 12x42 mil/mil quad in the railed FF rifle and a Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 Firedot-G TMR in the non-FF FSB rifle.

This rifle fired all groups except #8 and I don't currently have a picture of the other rifle.

Ammunition used in this test

#1,3,6 all the same load (77gr TMK)
#2 (Different 77 TMK Load)
#4 and 5 (55gr Sierra Gameking)
#7 (CBC 77gr 5.56 Factory Load)
#8 Same load as 1,3,6 but with same barrel in different rifle. (Non Free Floating)
#9 (Different 77 TMK load)

Another target this is the same as #1,3,6 (77 TMK)

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks!

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#2]
My favorite barrels.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:55:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My favorite barrels.
View Quote

Mine too, that's why after shooting the first one I bought another because I like it so much.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice!  My Spikes CHF LW is also, my most accurate CL barrel
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 10:50:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I can back up that data my experience with the same barrel has been the same as yours.  Even with crap steel ammo I was shooting 2-4MOA @ 200m and 2-3MOA @100.  I found mine loves 69gr FGMM or Hornady 75gr match and if I can do my part and it is not windy(almost always windy where I live).

I also love the weight of this barrel not being pencil but not being heavy IMO the perfect profile.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Glad to hear others are having the same results. I do plan on testing it at extended ranges of 300+ yards, can even shoot to 1k but I'll probably keep it around 700 yards.

Quoted:
I can back up that data my experience with the same barrel has been the same as yours.  Even with crap steel ammo I was shooting 2-4MOA @ 200m and 2-3MOA @100.  I found mine loves 69gr FGMM or Hornady 75gr match and if I can do my part and it is not windy(almost always windy where I live).

I also love the weight of this barrel not being pencil but not being heavy IMO the perfect profile.
View Quote

I have some 62gr Silverbear HP that'll be tested as well as the 75gr Hornady when I get some more in. I completely agree on the feel of the barrel, both rifles feel light and are very well balanced. My overall goal was to find a chrome lined barrel capable of 1.5" groups, one of the two has done it and I think the other will next time out if I do my part.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Glad to hear others are having the same results. I do plan on testing it at extended ranges of 300+ yards, can even shoot to 1k but I'll probably keep it around 700 yards.

I have some 62gr Silverbear HP that'll be tested as well as the 75gr Hornady when I get some more in. I completely agree on the feel of the barrel, both rifles feel light and are very well balanced. My overall goal was to find a chrome lined barrel capable of 1.5" groups, one of the two has done it and I think the other will next time out if I do my part.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

With the 69gr on a day I am not fighting wind I have been able to shoot at 100m 1.2MOA smallest groups to 1.5MOA largest group 10 shot groups (would have to consult my dope sheets).  The 75gr I was able to get 1MOA group one time but typical results were 1.2-1.5 as well.
Currently I am using a Spikes battle NiB trigger with JP springs that is 4.2-4.5#, Vortex PST 1-4x24 optic,  and barrel is FF using a bi-pod shooting prone.  I do not own a sled bench rest and really do not like shooting that way anyways because a rifle is only as accurate and precise as the shooter and I never hunt that way.  One of these weekends when I get out on a calm day I will do some shooting with the 20x scope and throw the upper on a lower with a match trigger I suppose I could get a little bit better numbers.
Said rifle

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Have two of these barrels, both have shot extremely well. By far the most accurate of all the chrome lined barrels that I've owned. Decided to do a little accuracy evaluation and here are my results, most of the groups were hand loaded but they were not developed for these barrels. One of the groups is a 10 shot group of CBC 77gr factory ammo, which has shot well for me in two other barrels. All groups fired are 10 shots except for one, which is only four due to having only 15 rounds of the load and then one primer being a dud.

Range was 104 yards confirmed by laser rangefinder, rifles were rested with sandbags in front and rear bag. Optics used were a SWFA 12x42 mil/mil quad in the railed FF rifle and a Leupold Mark AR Mod 1 Firedot-G TMR in the non-FF FSB rifle.

This rifle fired all groups except #8 and I don't currently have a picture of the other rifle.

<a href="http://s826.photobucket.com/user/DirtyMoe21/media/FullSizeRender%205_zpsfy0twajs.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz182/DirtyMoe21/FullSizeRender%205_zpsfy0twajs.jpg</a>

Ammunition used in this test

#1,3,6 all the same load (77gr TMK)
#2 (Different 77 TMK Load)
#4 and 5 (55gr Sierra Gameking)
#7 (CBC 77gr 5.56 Factory Load)
#8 Same load as 1,3,6 but with same barrel in different rifle. (Non Free Floating)
#9 (Different 77 TMK load)

<a href="http://s826.photobucket.com/user/DirtyMoe21/media/OptProfileBarrel_zpsg255mr5u.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz182/DirtyMoe21/OptProfileBarrel_zpsg255mr5u.jpg</a>

Another target this is the same as #1,3,6 (77 TMK)

<a href="http://s826.photobucket.com/user/DirtyMoe21/media/MK3.02.012616_zpsicjy747q.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz182/DirtyMoe21/MK3.02.012616_zpsicjy747q.jpg</a>

View Quote

Nice work!
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:With the 69gr on a day I am not fighting wind I have been able to shoot at 100m 1.2MOA smallest groups to 1.5MOA largest group 10 shot groups (would have to consult my dope sheets).  The 75gr I was able to get 1MOA group one time but typical results were 1.2-1.5 as well.
Currently I am using a Spikes battle NiB trigger with JP springs that is 4.2-4.5#, Vortex PST 1-4x24 optic,  and barrel is FF using a bi-pod shooting prone.  I do not own a sled bench rest and really do not like shooting that way anyways because a rifle is only as accurate and precise as the shooter and I never hunt that way.  One of these weekends when I get out on a calm day I will do some shooting with the 20x scope and throw the upper on a lower with a match trigger I suppose I could get a little bit better numbers.
Said rifle
http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz31/EdgecrusherXES/FCACC95C-ECA7-4262-9439-4A08298C7138_zpsq30uxkma.jpg

View Quote

Nice rifle!

It really sounds like I need to try the 75gr out in mine, I have a load (75gr) for them that I use in my A4 clone but it is loaded for velocity as that load is used for hunting. But I'm thinking of seeing how MK262 does, the 150 rounds that I had was give to my dad and will see if he can let me shoot about 20 rounds to see how it does out of curiosity. When you do throw on that 20x for seeing how yours does please post up your results.

Quoted:

Nice work!
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Will do .... I need to track down some different match ammo and give it a whirl I want to try several others down this barrel.  I have some MK318 and 1 box left of the 69gr FGMM.  Not sure if I have any boxes left of the Hornady 75gr but I will dig through my ammo cans and try.  I bet the trigger swap and high magnification scope will help.  Disclaimer it will be shooting prone off a bi-pod.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#11]
That does it. I'll just have to put my new to me HOG 1-4 on the Optimum for further review.

It wasn't my best barrel but far from being the worst
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top