Sure, today.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because its not firing 2 rounds on the pull. It's firing 1 round on the pull, and 1 round in the reset.

Doesn't "the law" (as written and constantly reinterpreted by the Alphabet boys) state something along the lines of "more than one round for each function of the trigger"?
the atf determined the pull is one function and the release is another function

Sure, today.  
i know , who knows what tomorrow brings with the atf  

but it sure is fun today
damn all of you guys got in early on the preorder , feb 23rd here

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Sure, today.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because its not firing 2 rounds on the pull. It's firing 1 round on the pull, and 1 round in the reset.

Doesn't "the law" (as written and constantly reinterpreted by the Alphabet boys) state something along the lines of "more than one round for each function of the trigger"?
the atf determined the pull is one function and the release is another function

Sure, today.  
Well, I am helping Fostech pay their light bills until any eventuality because I support freedom.

Don't be a freedom hater.  

If you don't want to stand in front of the pitcher and take a swing, take your ball and go home.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Just spoke with a nice lady at Fostech, first batch is still supposed to be going out before the end of the month!
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Just spoke with a nice lady at Fostech, first batch is still supposed to be going out before the end of the month!
View Quote

Would anyone here happen to be in on this first batch?
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

January 31 preorder here!!
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#6]
January 27 here.
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Can we just wait till someone has one in hand to roll the thread?
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I ordered mine I was told I would be sent one of the first ones for a video review... I'm patiently waiting.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When I ordered mine I was told I would be sent one of the first ones for a video review... I'm patiently waiting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

in your video review can you address that out of cycle fire that we caught in the iraqveteran video?

when the trigger spontaniously fires one single round.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 2:06:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

in your video review can you address that out of cycle fire that we caught in the iraqveteran video?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll go over the good and the bad I find with it. I want to do one range visit before doing the review and see if I can make the echo do what we saw in Erics video. That way I understand what's going on when I shoot the review. I hate doing an unboxing review becuase you can't really give a fair assessment of the item. I'm also planning also comparing the BFS and the fostech and imo which one is the better trigger based on features and performance.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 5:05:01 AM EDT
[#11]
An un boxing would be nice as like the first minute of the review so we see the trigger pack alone
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
An un boxing would be nice as like the first minute of the review so we see the trigger pack alone
View Quote

Naa, Nutin is better than a 10 minute unboxin where there are lots of close ups of the picture on the front, the bar code on the back, scrutiny of the way the lid flaps fold into the bottom etc.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 1:26:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Uggghhh I ordered on March 24

While we wait, somebody should defiantly write the ATF a letter.

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Its the 6th of June arghhhhhhhhhhh nothing in the wild yet?? I could not get them on the phone . Hopefully that means they are getting boxes really to ship
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 2:44:50 AM EDT
[#15]
They have now delayed shipping until late July/early August.

G.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#16]
That means I won't get mine until February....oh well, it'll be a birthday present.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

G.
View Quote

But I suppose it's better they correct the issues before release.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

G.
View Quote

Did you call them?
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I've called them multiple times.

All recent communication is by email.
Apparently they have quit answering the phone (based on my experience and what others are saying also).

If someone else is able to get in touch with them by phone, please let us all know.

G.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

G.
View Quote

So, about two weeks then?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I always thought the Tac Con was a $500 rip off mistake. Turned out it was.The Franklin Binary  and the upcoming Fostech Echo are much different.

In spite of the high price, the triggers are  the closest thing to CONTROLLED full auto fire for less than $25K! There IS a God!

I think any minor (or major) issues that the Franklin Binary has, will be cured with the superior tech of the Fostech.   Fostech Outdoors  was first the tech but last to get it on the market.

Fostech tech claims NO hammer follow or BUD issues. Even the T&E units ran flawlessly for the Fostech Echo.

I simply do not see why anyone would buy the Franklin Arms once the Fostech is available. Except for the  availability issue! Read on.

The problem IS that thousands of people have held off from purchasing the Franklin and are currently waiting for the Fostech Echo release. Looks like a 6month PLUS wait if you did not get in on the pre order offer. In the mean time I think many will get fed up and buy the Franklin version and spend some time and effort to tune their AR15's to the trigger.?

What do you all think? I mean, the Binary trigger CAN be amazing with the correct tuning. And they are available NOW.

Does anyone have any idea at the approximate numbers of sales predicted in the first six months to one year for the Echo? 10, 000 triggers? Might be a number like that. IDK. I do know that anyone who gets their trigger first will be able to sell it for around $700...I bet! I would. If $200 would save me 6-8 months waiting, I would probabaly pay that amount. So would SOME other people. The premium price could sky rocket for scalpers. IDK.  Because of the BFS, I would say a $200-$300 usd premium would be the max..likely. Who knows?
Link Posted: 6/16/2016 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I saw your post on my video.  I sold my Franklin to fund an echo. I think the echo will skip more rounds on slow uppers, but no dead hammer or skipped shots on pull.

Ideally I'll get a light weight carrier running fast and with the nicer echo pull be able to reach a reliable 900 RPM.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 2:56:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Any news?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Any news?
View Quote

Hurry up and wait....

I have heard nothing, other than I will likely see the unit I ordered sometime this fall...

Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#25]
2 weeks?
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#26]
OP really needs to change the title of this thread.
Link Posted: 6/30/2016 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
2 weeks?
View Quote

SOON
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#28]
This trigger looks awesome! I don't know how I missed it all these months to just find it now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 4:35:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By FostechOutdoors Item page
Echo Triggers are currently estimated to begin shipping in the fourth quarter of 2016.
View Quote

Looks like it might have gotten pushed back again... only update I've seen is that snippet on the Echo item page. Hopefully it's a misprint in that spot.

The Gen3 BFS looks a nice alternative.. Got rid of the BUD atleast an now is a drop in.. probably just gonna wait it out for the Fostech Echo though, that way I can bump the priority of the rifle that it's gonna go into. Now if they would only make these for the Evo3.....

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 2:01:14 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd be willing to bet the real reason it's been pushed back is due to the sear trip and the ATF, and now fostech is shitting bricks about coming up with the money to return the down payments lol
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'd be willing to bet the real reason it's been pushed back is due to the sear trip and the ATF, and now fostech is shitting bricks about coming up with the money to return the down payments lol
View Quote

Glad I didn't pre-order one. If that's the case, I wonder how long they'll hold onto everyone's money?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:54:06 AM EDT
[#32]
These things were finished last year, they were at shot show, and it's been almost been 8 months for delivery.  Hell even in that 8 month wait time BFS has come out with their gen 3 trigger.  Sear trip = ATF nightmare, why?  Because I'd also be willing to bet with a little engineering of this new trigger it can be rigged up as full auto.  The end
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:03:38 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm not sure why the sear would be a problem, seeing as when dropped into a firearm, it still won't be able to fire more than one round per trigger pull. The ATF already approved it, too, I thought.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 7:15:12 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
Long time no see, happy to have you around again
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:15:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Hmmmm.

Why has no one received any of these yet?
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm wondering if the delay is due to this trigger assembly being a drop in unit?

The patent lawsuits over this issue (filed against other manufacturers) are moving forward in court; that is a very expensive battle to wage for small company.

I'm betting they've already had quite a few units manufactured, and they are either negotiating with the patent holders, or awaiting word from their attorneys to move forward.
They have a good argument that their design (Fostech) is unique and not an infringement.

I hold several patents myself, so I am sympathetic to both sides in this arena.

G.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm not sure why the sear would be a problem, seeing as when dropped into a firearm, it still won't be able to fire more than one round per trigger pull. The ATF already approved it, too, I thought.
View Quote
I don't think they have an approval for the ECHO. What they have is Mr. Hawbaker's letter from 2014, for his design (which does not have the extra sear like the ECHO). The ECHO design is quite different from Mr. Hawbaker's, so I'm guessing they are still waiting for an approval on the design from the ATF. Which, I've heard the added sear will be quite difficult to get approved. I for one hope they do get the ECHO approved and shipping, but man this is taking forever.

I could be wrong, but nothing else makes sense as to why these shipments are being delayed like this.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I'm wondering if the delay is due to this trigger assembly being a drop in unit?

The patent lawsuits over this issue (filed against other manufacturers) are moving forward in court; that is a very expensive battle to wage for small company.

I'm betting they've already had quite a few units manufactured, and they are either negotiating with the patent holders, or awaiting word from their attorneys to move forward.

They have a good argument that their design (Fostech) is unique and not an infringement.

G.
View Quote
That thought had occurred to me as well.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

G.
If that was the case, why not tell all those who have preordered that this is the cause for the delay? Instead of the secrecy.

I'm a very understanding individual. Be honest with me, and I'll continue to support you. Lie to me, or purposely keep information from me, and I'll be inclined not to trust you; nor continue to give you money...

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:02:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

If that was the case, why not tell all those who have preordered that this is the cause for the delay? Instead of the secrecy.

I'm a very understanding individual. Be honest with me, and I'll continue to support you. Lie to me, or purposely keep information from me, and I'll be inclined not to trust you; nor continue to give you money...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

G.

Publicly revealing their needs/concerns could affect their bargaining power in negotiations for the pattents or hurt their court claim that the trigger isn't covered by such patents. (If it goes that route.)

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 2:40:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

G.
View Quote

They were paying Mossberg for the drop in royalty so that is not the issue.

Franklin Armory changed probably due to that issue because FA was not paying royalties to Mossberg( to my knowledge).

I think with the echo it either out if spec parts or the new letter or both.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:02:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Fucking Mossberg, got a large tent but never shipped one, years later they patient troll, or am I missing something.  

I thought fostech held some patients and Franklin others, but that fosetrch's patient(pending?) Is dubious as they did not invent the first instance of this concept but built it after reading a FTB from the ATF written in response to the inventor, a garage inventer type
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm really interested in this trigger, but lack of info from Fostech and delays is keeping me away from it.
Not to stir up the bee's nest, but how many of you are considering a refund request (or have done so already) or just gonna wait it out (if so, why)?
Honestly, I would have bailed by now.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I'm really interested in this trigger, but lack of info from Fostech and delays is keeping me away from it.

Not to stir up the bee's nest, but how many of you are considering a refund request (or have done so already) or just gonna wait it out (if so, why)?

Honestly, I would have bailed by now.

View Quote
Going to wait it out. Might pick up the new Frankford if they take too long and have both.

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:12:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Patent bullshit doesn't bother me, it's the ATF that does.  I just don't think it's going to happen, you guys that ordered in January should have had your shit 2 months ago.  These things are finished and probly just sitting in a warehouse somewhere because something is up
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:14:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Patent bullshit doesn't bother me, it's the ATF that does.  I just don't think it's going to happen, you guys that ordered in January should have had your shit 2 months ago.  These things are finished and probly just sitting in a warehouse somewhere because something is up
View Quote

ATF pulling the sig brace move, but worse.

I find it odd that the company is not commenting on this situation
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#47]
I posted on their facebook page yesterday, with the simple question "Is it coming out 3rd quarter or 4th quarter 2016? Your website says both."

They took the post down this morning (and nothing smartass or vulgar in my post).

I'm not buying the story about problems with heat treatment/tolerance of the parts.
Something larger than that is blocking it.

If was really the heat treatment issue, a business like Fostech would get 20 or so units out to key customers (not me) right away to keep the buzz going, even if they had to hand-make those trigger units at a loss.

Sometimes when something is almost too good to be true, it's too good to be true.

G.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I posted on their facebook page yesterday, with the simple question "Is it coming out 3rd quarter or 4th quarter 2016? Your website says both."

They took the post down this morning (and nothing smartass or vulgar in my post).

I'm not buying the story about problems with heat treatment/tolerance of the parts.

If was really the heat treatment issue, a business like Fostech would get 20 or so units out to key customers (not me) right away to keep the buzz going, even if they had to hand-make those trigger units at a loss.

Sometimes when something is almost too good to be true, it's too good to be true.

G.
View Quote

Just get in line for the updated Franklin Armory Binary Trigger.  At least we know that one isn't vaporware.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Just get in line for the updated Franklin Armory Binary Trigger.  At least we know that one isn't vaporware.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

G.

It can still be over sped tho. The only reason I wanted the echo was because it had the interruptor
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:53:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Fucking Mossberg, got a large tent but never shipped one, years later they patient troll, or am I missing something.  

I thought fostech held some patients and Franklin others, but that fosetrch's patient(pending?) Is dubious as they did not invent the first instance of this concept but built it after reading a FTB from the ATF written in response to the inventor, a garage inventer type
View Quote

Mossberg has been going after the drop in trigger packs for a few years now. I dont think the stuff with timney is resolved yet but then again I have not kept up with it. My understanding on the ECHO/BFS is the original patent to this style trigger is or was held by a guy named Hawbaker. He sold the design to Fostech. From what I gather if Mossberg can sue over the drop ins then Fostech/Hawbaker could go after Franklin armory BFS design because it is very similar to the Hawbaker patent. The Fostech design that Eric showed in his video with the "faux" sear to stop hammer follow was not the Hawbaker design and probably is another patent pending design based on Hawbakers original design. What it all boils down to is who holds the original patent and I think legally Franklin Armory is screwed on this one. If you want a BFS gen II I would get one asap. I'm thinking about buying one to see how the gen ii works while I wait on the ECHO. I should call Fostech and get the info on the release delays. Delays happen but they may be waiting on a letter on the new design in the ECHO. If they cant get the letter then they might just produce the orginal Hawbaker design but I'm speculating.
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top