Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/30/2015 10:15:37 PM EDT
Sorry for the craptastic picture. You can see the bolt and how it sits in the extension. If I ease the charging handle forward, the bolt "catches" as it tries to lock into battery. It seems like the bolt comes out fine without issue, but takes more force than I like to go all the way forward. Just want to get opinions. My fear is that I may be tearing up the extension with the bolt hitting it. Any thoughts or suggestions? It's a faxon barrel and PSA full auto BCG.

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:21:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have a pic of the barrel extension lugs?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have a pic of the barrel extension lugs?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:55:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Crisis may be averted.

I think half of the issue was the latch on my raptor charging handle and how it locked into the mega billet receiver. When I hold the latch open and push and pull the bolt into the extension I don't feel anything abnormal. Also, that first picture, the bolt wasn't all the way forward so it it looks "clocked" funny, that's why.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:03:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you done any work on the barrel nut recently? I recall a thread in which poster had similar problems. Using a reaction rod, he had sheered off the barrel extension pin and the barrel had rotated slightly.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have you done any work on the barrel nut recently? I recall a thread in which poster had similar problems. Using a reaction rod, he had sheered off the barrel extension pin and the barrel had rotated slightly.
View Quote

As a matter of fact I have. Upper was just assembled a few weeks ago. I did put a BCM BCG in the upper to function test before putting locktite on the gas block bolts and it ran an entire mag without issues. I think the charging had latch had me screwed up. I've got a few of these uppers with the same handle, and haven't noticed it so tight before, but I'm fairly certain that's where the majority of the resistence was coming from. Paying closer attention it was hanging up right where the hook of the latch was hitting the upper.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:15:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting. Have you tried a different charging handle?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Interesting. Have you tried a different charging handle?
View Quote

I will tomorrow. If everything points to that as the issue, I'll step out back and out some rounds through it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#8]
There is absolutely nothing wrong with your rifle.  The bolt rotates to lock behind the extension lugs.  That is called in battery.  There is no minimum force you should be feeling for, when the bolt locks into place.  As long as it locks under spring pressure, just as it does when firing, or when you properly chamber a round, that is all that matters.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top