Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 11:03:06 PM EDT
Hey Everyone, I'm relatively new to the site, just recently got my first AR, an LE6920MPS.  Since it has the magpul rails, what accessories would y'all recommend? I'm already planning to get a mounting bracket for a Surefire.

Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Light, sling and a quality red dot, all a fighting rifle needs.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
An optic, mags, and ammo.

Some training if there is a quality instructor in the area.

If the trigger doesn't smooth out you can replace it with an ALG ACT or something better.

Here's your picture:

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the feedback and pic! What did I do wrong posting it?

I'm planning on getting an Aimpoint T-1 or T2 on Larue mounts after the new year.  I've got 11 pmags already and plan to keep buying them while they are affordable. Sling is definitely on the list to buy. I'm not terribly far from Tulsa and I'm told there are high quality instructors there.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:11:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks for the feedback and pic! What did I do wrong posting it?

View Quote

You're welcome, here's instructions for picture posting.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Mags, personally like at least 7 for each rifle and ammo.

After that its usage based for accessories.  Quality quick detach is your friend though. Home defense/ fighting gun, long range target, range plinking, or competition are different setups. Larue or bobro mounts make it possible to do it all with the same gun easily.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:12:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I didn't know Colt was using SL plastis as OE furniture.  Very cool.

You did good.  A 6920 was my first AR too.  Mine was back when they had .170" pins, restricted rollmarks, and semi auto carriers.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:17:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Can I ask what you paid for it?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 2:10:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats, nice choice with your new LE6920MPS with new Magpul SL furniture.

The new MPS MOE series models was not even shown in the Colt 2015 catalog but they were just added at the Colt site awhile back.

Since you already got some mags, ammo, maybe get a sling first there are plenty to choose from, popular brands are Magpul MS, Vickers VCAS, and Viking Tactics VTAC (or their LaRue Tactical padded version), two point slings.

The current trend in slings are the 2 point convertible to 1 point, Magpul and Vickers (made by Blue Force Gear) have these two to one point models and the Viking Tactics & LaRue version you could get a 2 to 1 conversion attachment.

Then you could add a Magpul M-Lok sling mount either QD sling swivel or the Magpul ParaClip type (which ever comes with your sling), next would be a Magpul M-Lok light mount for a Surefire light.

And when you're pretty good with your iron sights then it's time to get your Aimpoint red dot sight.

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:45:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The new MPS MOE series models was not even shown in the Colt 2015 catalog but they were just added at the Colt site awhile back.

Since you already got some mags, ammo, maybe get a sling first there are plenty to choose from, popular brands are Magpul MS, Vickers VCAS, and Viking Tactics VTAC (or their LaRue Tactical padded version), two point slings.

The current trend in slings are the 2 point convertible to 1 point, Magpul and Vickers (made by Blue Force Gear) have these two to one point models and the Viking Tactics & LaRue version you could get a 2 to 1 conversion attachment.

Then you could add a Magpul M-Lok sling mount either QD sling swivel or the Magpul ParaClip type (which ever comes with your sling), next would be a Magpul M-Lok light mount for a Surefire light.

And when you're pretty good with your iron sights then it's time to get your Aimpoint red dot sight.

View Quote

Meh, I heard the National Armory Bear was a better rifle.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:09:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Light, sling and a quality red dot, all a fighting rifle needs.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was very shilly here last night, I had to wear my heavy winter jacket.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Mount that light you have and get a sling, ammo, training.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:43:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got it for $879 from grabagun.com
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a first gun, you did well.  
Yes, get 7-10 Magpul Gen 2 window mags.
Learn to shoot with the iron sights, then get a red dot.
Personal preference, but you may consider a Ranier Raptor CH.
I also prefer the MOE+ grip over the SL, but again, preference.
Congrats.  You now have the disease..
Go forth and build your next 3.
You must have a mid-length, a 7.62*39, and an SBR.
Not necessarily in that order.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Light, sling, optic, mags, and ammo... you should be good.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome, in the Joplin area?  If so, Max Life Expectancy offers quality training.  Grant is a good guy and provided a fun and educational class.  IM me if you have any questions.  Again, welcome to the club!
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#17]
looking good!
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Good gun.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#19]
This should just be called the LE6920. Make this their base gun and be done with it. Looks great OP!

Come to think of it... It looks a lot like one of my beaters.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Light, sling, optic, mags, and ammo... you should be good.
View Quote

Many would also say training class, trigger, and possibly upgrade charging handle, in no particular order, as well.

Mags and ammo for sure.  Sling and light, then optic.  Then potentially trigger.

Don't forget extra lower parts kit, extra BCG...which end up becoming your next rifle.

Rinse and repeat.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:55:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Welcome, in the Joplin area?  If so, Max Life Expectancy offers quality training.  Grant is a good guy and provided a fun and educational class.  IM me if you have any questions.  Again, welcome to the club!
View Quote

I'm close to Springfield so Joplin is close, my wife used to live there in fact.  I'll keep Max Life Expectancy in mind.  Thanks!

And thanks to all that have answered so far, great information and I'm making a nice shopping list, gonna try to get a case or two of ammo a month to stockpile...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top