BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2015 11:26:11 AM EDT
Hello all!
NRA member since 1968.
Bought my first 'black rifle' for the shooting range from a dealer in Maine (reputable) who has sold over 40 of these Colt LE6920's

Upon arrival of my auction bid win ($815) the first thing that was pointed out to me was that the furniture didn't match other Colt LE6920s. This may or may not have been a production cost cutting procedure from Colt?

Colt have only 11 ribs, the dealer and the M4 buttstock does not look like the normal Colt which have a straight vertical web in front of the adjustment lever, mine is curved which are similar to commercial brands stocks.
Does anyone know who is providing 'stock' furniture to Colt recently ? It doesn't matter too much as I plan to upgrade the furniture.
I contacted the seller and he replied swiftying. saying the following.

Colt has been in bankruptcy for months now and has gone and used other manufacturer's parts to keep the line going. That's why they stopped using the A3 carry handle and their own mags and have substituted MagPul parts. As far as I know they never had markings on their stock or forearm saying "Colt".As far as the bolt I don't know why its does not say "MPC" but they still say they are providing that bolt. I even had one show without the 1-7 stamping on the end of the barrel. We have sold over 40 of these rifles in the last
2 months all from the same batch and have never heard anyone say that the furniture was not COLT.  I have attached the picture from the listing you bought.

That being said, if you want to ship the rifle back I can refund you the cost of the rifle per our 3-day inspection period warranty.

Link Posted: 10/10/2015 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I might add, the Bolt Carrier Group, barrel, everything else checked out as "Colt MilSpec" stuff. The Bolt is marked (lazered) "C" and the carrier is stamped "C".
From research, a lot of Bolts are no longer marked MPC but rather just "C" ?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like someone changed the furniture. I bought a new 6920 without the Magpul furniture on Monday and my stock and hand guard matches the pictures you provided, barrel date is 6/15.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
That is not a Colt type II. (waffle)

I would demand the seller send me a real Colt waffle and handguards on his dime.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is not a Colt type II. (waffle)

I would demand the seller send me a real Colt waffle and handguards on his dime.
View Quote

This^, and he probably neckbearded and sold the Colt stuff for a mark up as well.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
He will take the whole rifle back, but not the furniture.
I'm not really willing to do that with all the hassle in FFL, payment for shipping etc.
As I said, I already have my 'cart' full for Magpul furniture and I'm just going to store the handguard and buttstock.
Thanks Gentlement!
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#7]
That is definitely not a Colt stock, and those look like DPMS "GlacierGuard" handguards. I'll bet that if you remove them, they won't have heat shields.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Update,
after speaking with the dealer, he blames his distributor. He is ensuring that I get the proper furniture for the Colt rifle and will ship free of charge.
I really do think this dealer had no clue on the furniture, he seemed sincere enough to not want to lose business over it and wanted to ensure that I was happy.

And you were correct, NO heat shield whatsoever under those handguards.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Update,
after speaking with the dealer, he blames his distributor. He is ensuring that I get the proper furniture for the Colt rifle and will ship free of charge.
I really do think this dealer had no clue on the furniture, he seemed sincere enough to not want to lose business over it and wanted to ensure that I was happy.

View Quote

It likely was an OEM 1 rifle with furniture added by the distributor, dealer, whoever.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It likely was an OEM 1 rifle with furniture added by the distributor, dealer, whoever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update,

This. It's likely the seller purchased the stripped version and added the furniture pictured. It will function just fine as is.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, I wouldn't be buying from that dealer anymore.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Update,

Yep. Good eye OP. Tell us the dealer so we can all avoid him.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top