User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Thing is, PSA might be selling something fantastic one week, but next week...who knows.  PSA plays games dumping crap now and then. BCM is consistently very good to superb.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've seen Brutus's post about his defective KAC rifle.
The barrel could not group XM193 better than 6MOA or something similar.
I remember he sent it back to KAC for repair, but I'm not sure what happened after that.

I am a big KAC fanboy, and I own 4 SR15 Mod1 rifles... but what happened to Brutus's rifle was unacceptable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep... one thing BCM does much better than PSA is advertising. .. and it shows. I can post up threads where BCM was putting out pathetically out of square upper recievers... that doesn't mean BCM sucks.  They aren't perfect that is all. I have personally had experience with a defective  KAC rifle.  I have seen misassembled Colts aND when I posted my experinces here i was rat packed by rabid fanboys defending their brands to the death. The opposite is true with PSA... I have posted group shots and good reviews of m PSA uppers and half the responses are.."you should have got a BCM... Colt"... etc. Point being people will defend their purchases and justify spending more when no justification is needed.

Same with PSA. I know they arent perfect but I have never had an out of square PSA upper or a pin shear off the barrel, all the parts hAve been good...all shooters. I don't think the guys at Battlefield Vegas have any reason to lie about PSA either.  So in my experience PSA concerns are much more smoke than fire. A BCM is a solid choice no doubt.... so is a premium or CHF PSA

Care to post those threads? The only ones i found after a quick google are people complaining about a bit of play, or cosmetic issues

I've seen Brutus's post about his defective KAC rifle.
The barrel could not group XM193 better than 6MOA or something similar.
I remember he sent it back to KAC for repair, but I'm not sure what happened after that.

I am a big KAC fanboy, and I own 4 SR15 Mod1 rifles... but what happened to Brutus's rifle was unacceptable.

I was talking about BCM
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:03:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I Google two in about 2 minutes can't post pics from my tablet. I Googled "bcm crooked rail".
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#5]
So a crooked rail.

Ok

Should i post all of an example of all the bent rails/crooked sights on psa rifles?

Nobody here is saying that BCM bever makes a mistake, just that they make less mistakes than psa, if you have spent any amout of time on this site, that  should be obvious
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So a crooked rail.

Ok

Should i post all of an example of all the bent rails/crooked sights on psa rifles?

Nobody here is saying that BCM bever makes a mistake, just that they make less mistakes than psa, if you have spent any amout of time on this site, that  should be obvious
View Quote

It wasn't a crooked rail.... it was out of spec uppers that bcm assembled or sold. .... if you had spent any time on this site you would have known about it. Anyway ......like I have said before.... BCM puts out good shit..... so does PSA.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been very happy with all my PSA rifles and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. The only reason I see to buy a BCM is if you prefer their billboard advertising on the side of your upper so people know you payed for a BCM. I'd rather spend that money on a nicer optic.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:19:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't tell if some of you guys are talking about all psa stuff or if your talking about the PSA / FN barrel stuff that most of us are talking about.

I seriously doubt fn is producing junk for psa and letting them advertise FN's name on it.  I also doubt BCM knows anything more about specs than FN does.

I'm not talking about the bargain basement stuff psa offers that lots of people want............ it would be like bashing BCM back when they sold all kinds of DPMS stuff when people on this board flogged dpms at every opportunity  their was a market for it and bcm was selling it.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can't tell if some of you guys are talking about all psa stuff or if your talking about the PSA / FN barrel stuff that most of us are talking about.

I seriously doubt fn is producing junk for psa and letting them advertise FN's name on it.  I also doubt BCM knows anything more about specs than FN does.

I'm not talking about the bargain basement stuff psa offers that lots of people want............ it would be like bashing BCM back when they sold all kinds of DPMS stuff when people on this board flogged dpms at every opportunity  their was a market for it and bcm was selling it.

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I vote BCM, and would recommend their ELW barrel profile.
View Quote

I did take a look at the ELW uppers, but only have a couple in stock and once I add the BCG and CH, and pinned comp if I decided to go with the 14.5" they're $200-$300 more than I'm looking to spend.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:24:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Quoted:

I'm no snob, but there is a reason why you never see threads asking about the quality of BCM/DD/LMT/KAC/NOVESKE/RAINIER/etc, only PSA.

Put that in the roflmao category........ how the hell at the prices that KAC and Noveske charge do they ever let a bad product out the door at those prices.

The others i can understand they aren't charging a small fortune just a premium for a known good product.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been very happy with all my PSA rifles and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. The only reason I see to buy a BCM is if you prefer their billboard advertising on the side of your upper so people know you payed for a BCM. I'd rather spend that money on a nicer optic.
View Quote

LOL

Yeah, psa uppers dont have large logos
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Dbl tap
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

So what if they sold it? AIM sells troy, do you hear "fuck aim"?

No you dont.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:54:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Put that in the roflmao category........ how the hell at the prices that KAC and Noveske charge do they ever let a bad product out the door at those prices.

The others i can understand they aren't charging a small fortune just a premium for a known good product.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Quoted:

I'm no snob, but there is a reason why you never see threads asking about the quality of BCM/DD/LMT/KAC/NOVESKE/RAINIER/etc, only PSA.

What is the ratio of threads posted regarding KAC:PSA?  How many people asks if PAC/LMT/D/BCM/etc are 'good' ?

How many ask the same about PSA?  You've cited one thread about a KAC fuck up. How many PSA threads have there been? You're really grasping at straws here.  Do you work for PSA?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 11:55:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

snip for room

What is the ratio of threads posted regarding KAC:PSA?  How many people asks if PAC/LMT/D/BCM/etc are 'good' ?

How many ask the same about PSA?  You've cited one thread about a KAC fuck up. How many PSA threads have there been? You're really grasping at straws here.  Do you work for PSA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip for room

Lol i work for psa your the one grasping at straws.
Sorry i've been on this forum 4years longer than you that weak bully technique won't work man.
Reminds me of when dennys guns first started ripping people off here and people who were only ripped for a little bit of money didn't even bother bringing it to light because he was one of the favorite sons and could do no wrong.

I didn't cite any threads about any specific manufacturer ...... don't have to we all know their have been some

What does how many people ask about anything have to do with the price of rice in china man.
Offer up something technical like how many psa / fn barrels wore out faster with the same rate of fire as brand x.........i'll be waiting on those facts

I'm talking facts that everyone who's been around a while knows are true even if they try to bury their heads in the sand and say mines better.
Bad guns / parts get out the doors of all manufacturers / builders.  

PSA / FN barreled upper issues from what i've caught on here have been as far and few in between as anyone elses.

Their supper cheap stuff yea it has issues more often it seems ........ wow surprise.

Funny thing is the guys who have issues with any expensive / favorite on this site are probably less likely to bring it up because they have to deal with the arfcom dogpile
for daring to question.

Did you notice in my first post i recommended the OP buy a bcm.......... I'm just arguing against the bs some people are posting

Op i think you should get the BCM if your going to do what you say in the original post....
Doesn't makes sense financially to do all that to a PSA/FN barrel ............
The difference in accuracy will most likely be negligible between the fn / bcm barrel.

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:08:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No you dont.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you dont.

So your quoting me trying to make the same point i was making?

I'll write that off to your join date and post count....... i don't know how else to respond

Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:52:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

It's human nature to question why one company can offer a product at considerable savings when compared to another.

My PSA FN machine gun steel pencil barrel is a very good shooter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This exactl thread is happening on a local messageboard.

I'll repeat what I said there:

There must be a reason threads questioning the quality of PSA are posted daily.

It's human nature to question why one company can offer a product at considerable savings when compared to another.

This ^^

But also Volume.

I work for a large and highly regarded US manufacturer of goods. We build hundreds of millions of units per year. We have Law Enforcement and Military contracts as well as produce products for John Q Public. As such we have among the highest quality control standards in the industry. We also know that escapements can and will happen. We have an acceptable tolerance for this. We refer to it as Allowable Quality Percent or AQ%.

For the purpose of discussion we'll call this AQ% 0.0045. (Not our actual number)

So for example, if we produce a lot of 100,000 units and have an AQ% of 0.0045, it means that up to 4.5 units could be defective. Let's say this is the case. The 4.5 consumers that got the bad units will get replacements and some-or-all of them will inevitably tell a friend or relative about their bad experience and any one of these people will turn to internet discussion groups and bash our product; some of them having second or third hand knowledge. Remember, the other 99,995.5 consumers got good product. This is the nature of the beast.    

I can only speculate, but I'd imagine that the numbers that PSA is putting out is quite large. Perhaps more than others in the industry. If this is the case, a greater number of quality escapements is going to be a statistical certainty which will go hand-in-hand with people in internet forums bashing the product.  

I'm three-for-three right now. Haven't gotten one of the bad ones yet, knock on wood.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:19:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This ^^

But also Volume.

I work for a large and highly regarded US manufacturer of goods. We build hundreds of millions of units per year. We have Law Enforcement and Military contracts as well as produce products for John Q Public. As such we have among the highest quality control standards in the industry. We also know that escapements can and will happen. We have an acceptable tolerance for this. We refer to it as Allowable Quality Percent or AQ%.

For the purpose of discussion we'll call this AQ% 0.0045. (Not our actual number)

So for example, if we produce a lot of 100,000 units and have an AQ% of 0.0045, it means that up to 4.5 units could be defective. Let's say this is the case. The 4.5 consumers that got the bad units will get replacements and some-or-all of them will inevitably tell a friend or relative about their bad experience and any one of these people will turn to internet discussion groups and bash our product; some of them having second or third hand knowledge. Remember, the other 99,995.5 consumers got good product. This is the nature of the beast.    

I can only speculate, but I'd imagine that the numbers that PSA is putting out is quite large. Perhaps more than others in the industry. If this is the case, a greater number of quality escapements is going to be a statistical certainty which will go hand-in-hand with people in internet forums bashing the product.  

I'm three-for-three right now. Haven't gotten one of the bad ones yet, knock on wood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This exactl thread is happening on a local messageboard.

I'll repeat what I said there:

There must be a reason threads questioning the quality of PSA are posted daily.

This ^^

But also Volume.

My theory all along.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

PSA and BCM logos are the same like a Yorkie and a Pitbull are the same.. and PSA you can go logoless if you choose... you can even go logoless on your lower reciever

</a>" />
</a>" />
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sorry i've been on this forum 4years longer than you that weak bully technique won't work man.
Reminds me of when dennys guns first started ripping people off here and people who were only ripped for a little bit of money didn't even bother bringing it to light because he was one of the favorite sons and could do no wrong.

I didn't cite any threads about any specific manufacturer ...... don't have to we all know their have been some

What does how many people ask about anything have to do with the price of rice in china man.
Offer up something technical like how many psa / fn barrels wore out faster with the same rate of fire as brand x.........i'll be waiting on those facts

I'm talking facts that everyone who's been around a while knows are true even if they try to bury their heads in the sand and say mines better.

PSA / FN barreled upper issues from what i've caught on here have been as far and few in between as anyone elses.

Their supper cheap stuff yea it has issues more often it seems ........ wow surprise.

Funny thing is the guys who have issues with any expensive / favorite on this site are probably less likely to bring it up because they have to deal with the arfcom dogpile
for daring to question.

Did you notice in my first post i recommended the OP buy a bcm.......... I'm just arguing against the bs some people are posting

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip for room

for daring to question.

Op i think you should get the BCM if your going to do what you say in the original post....
The difference in accuracy will most likely be negligible between the fn / bcm barrel.

Dogpile victim here    i dont understand why a person wouldnt base a top quality build off a PSA upper though.  I built a great shooter off a PSA stealth lower a PSA CHF 12" upper.... cerakoted,  CMC trigger.. Sentry GB,  LMT E-BCG.  Shoots 1 moa to 2moa depending on ammo... the only thing it lacks is coolguy branding status

I could have used a complete BCM Kino upper w BCG included but it cost  a bit more than the PSA CHF upper including the LMT BCG.  From previous experience with the PSA 12" uppers I couldnt justify the cost with any tangible improvement in durability, accuracy or quality especially since I was going to run it suppressed most of the time and the LMT BCG was an improvement in that application
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:00:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

for daring to question.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip for room

for daring to question.

It takes a big man to admit you make an inferior product.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#23]
500 "atabois"  to fix 1 "oh shit".  The interwebs make the matrix exponential.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Are we really quibbling over brand logos that can be blacked out with a sharpie in 5 seconds?  Come on guys, you're better than that
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'll write that off to your join date and post count....... i don't know how else to respond

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you dont.

Youll have to forgive me, posting on arf's SFW site, makes the replys hard to read

I accept my 14'er status, ive earned it
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:50:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

PSA and BCM logos are the same like a Yorkie and a Pitbull are the same.. and PSA you can go logoless if you choose... you can even go logoless on your lower reciever

http://<a href=http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac345/stinkieloadie/IMG_0143_zpsv7m15lwd.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac345/stinkieloadie/3474786_02_psa_upper_receiver_and_parts_640_zpsm7j8autp.jpg</a>" />
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

http://<a href=http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac345/stinkieloadie/IMG_0143_zpsv7m15lwd.jpg</a>" />
http://<a href=http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac345/stinkieloadie/3474786_02_psa_upper_receiver_and_parts_640_zpsm7j8autp.jpg</a>" />

Still a pretty big logo.

Honestly your whole line of reasoning why someone whould buy BCM over PSA is absofuckinglutely retarded, that I wonder how much money PSA gave you to post that.

Yeah, people only buy BCM because of the logo

That is the most retarded thing i have EVER read in the tech forum
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 4:55:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are we really quibbling over brand logos that can be blacked out with a sharpie in 5 seconds?  Come on guys, you're better than that
View Quote

Dont you know? Its the only reason why people buy BCM
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dogpile victim here    i dont understand why a person wouldnt base a top quality build off a PSA upper though.  I built a great shooter off a PSA stealth lower a PSA CHF 12" upper.... cerakoted,  CMC trigger.. Sentry GB,  LMT E-BCG.  Shoots 1 moa to 2moa depending on ammo... the only thing it lacks is coolguy branding status

I could have used a complete BCM Kino upper w BCG included but it cost  a bit more than the PSA CHF upper including the LMT BCG.  From previous experience with the PSA 12" uppers I couldnt justify the cost with any tangible improvement in durability, accuracy or quality especially since I was going to run it suppressed most of the time and the LMT BCG was an improvement in that application
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip for room

for daring to question.

If your around north Texas you should holler at me /go shooting with me and my brother sometime........ you will have to put up with him having a bcm though
I'm a 10.5" guy so i'm either running LMT or psa.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 12:58:33 AM EDT
[#29]
I have PSA and BCM uppers and they both run with no issues. I am about to semi-retire my BCM 11.5 as it has around 2k rounds through it and it is my go to upper. Going to replace it with a PSA 10.5 because I know they run and  I can buy 2 for the price of the BCM. For a blaster/range gun why spend the $$ just to wear it out??

My sisters boyfriend bought a BCM 16" LW mid length upper and it is great. Very light, accurate and damn fun to shoot. I don't mind spending money on quality products. But for how I shoot most of the time, it is stupid to waste barrel and bolt life on a high dollar upper and bolt. Save those for when it counts.

Toad
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:06:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have PSA and BCM uppers and they both run with no issues. I am about to semi-retire my BCM 11.5 as it has around 2k rounds through it and it is my go to upper. Going to replace it with a PSA 10.5 because I know they run and  I can buy 2 for the price of the BCM. For a blaster/range gun why spend the $$ just to wear it out??

My sisters boyfriend bought a BCM 16" LW mid length upper and it is great. Very light, accurate and damn fun to shoot. I don't mind spending money on quality products. But for how I shoot most of the time, it is stupid to waste barrel and bolt life on a high dollar upper and bolt. Save those for when it counts.

Toad
View Quote

wat
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:40:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Still a pretty big logo.

Honestly your whole line of reasoning why someone whould buy BCM over PSA is absofuckinglutely retarded, that I wonder how much money PSA gave you to post that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Still a pretty big logo.

You brought logos. Size.. I agree that is retarded topic ... I just wanted to point out how your point did not match up with reality.

So my line of reasoning is retarded huh?  I weigh the advantages versus cost and go with facts plus I depend on my knowledge and ability to conduct my own inspection and verify proper assembly.   If that is retarded  to you ....I am sure that whatever method you use to discern quality wouldnt strike me as particularly intelligent
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 6:45:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only an idiot would think so..... and only a moron would try to paint it so to discredit other opinions
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top