AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 27
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 3:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bakwa:

I see a hole in the bottom.
Are these going to be designed as pinned or set screwed GB's?
The OG's were pinned if I remember.
View Quote

The way I understand it, CLE can pin them to your barrel.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#2]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By orpheus762x51:
Slowly and steadily getting there

I think everyone will be satisfied with the discreetly placed logo at 6 o'clock.  Very authentic aesthetic, without the ability for someone to try and pass it off as authentic for a crazy mark up.

https://i.ibb.co/Jp70nQt/Screenshot-20230125-162256-Gmail.jpg

Gotta drill the gasport somehow.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 1:10:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#3]
Originally Posted By CMCctx:

I tried buying that off of you a few years back
View Quote
i have 3, ones useable, other two are spares.thing is, i need the aluminum flip sights if i make 4140 clone ones, so i camt risk selling em. another buddy bought 5....i need to get his extras haha.

making a gas block ismt even gonna be that bad. simple mill work really.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:17:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JT505th] [#4]
All DMs replied to.

As of right now, this is the list of people who want a PWS repro block:

@accurange
@CMCctx
@ringer706
@5pt56
@Acetomco
@TheFlyingNerd41
@smashhole1320
@Bakwa
@Theodoric
@eaglefive

If you do not see your name on the list, I do not have contact info for you.

It's not too late to get in yet, James has not gone into production yet.  When he does, there may be a couple extras, but that is not guaranteed.

I will post updates as I receive them.
View Quote

ETA; I need THREE. Will Email & DM you. Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/6/2023 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
All,

I'm doing my best to keep track, here's an update of who is on the list.  If you don't see your SN, please contact me.

@accurange
@CMCctx
@ringer706
@5pt56
@Acetomco
@TheFlyingNerd41
@smashhole1320
@Bakwa
@Theodoric
@eaglefive
@siles76
@SteelOnTarget29
@BSOG1
@JCap
@Dark_zero_x
@sleipnir_tacoma
@JT505th (x3)
Link Posted: 2/7/2023 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Sent you a PM requesting to be added to the list.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 3:41:37 AM EDT
[#7]
How much would the gas block be?
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
found something..... its already 7/8 thick toooooo

Link Posted: 2/15/2023 2:21:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

Not sure yet.  I think we're realistically looking at somewhere in the ballpark of $300-500.  It's a one off thing, so materials, time, finishing, etc. aren't coming cheap.

Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
found something..... its already 7/8 thick toooooo

https://i.postimg.cc/6qXCGB33/IMG-20230215-131447638.jpg

What are the details on that?
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Not sure yet.  I think we're realistically looking at somewhere in the ballpark of $300-500.  It's a one off thing, so materials, time, finishing, etc. aren't coming cheap.

What are the details on that?
View Quote
gotta check hardness and see if its PHT or just raw. theres another cutoff block thats PHT i could use as well. u am not sure what Rc of the gas blocks are myself.
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 11:55:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Haveblue please put me on a list if you build a repo knights gas block.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 8:52:57 AM EDT
[#12]
One more to the list of knights repro gasblock please
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#13]
i dont have the materials or flip sight spares from the umarex clone blocks to make more than 3 total as it is. i wont be able to make them for people like that. sadly. just gonna make 1-3 for myself for builds and to show proof of concept.

sorry yall
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Haveblue can't blame a man for trying but for any reason if you build one for yourself and decide it needs a new home please pm me
Link Posted: 3/2/2023 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#15]
So I finally built a SAM R.  I have had parts for a while and didn't want to build just another 5.56 when I had already built all four of the MK12's.  I had read about the new 6mm ARC and was intrigued.  I called up CLE and had them turn me a Criterion SAM-R profile barrel, just in 6mm ARC.  I still need to get the gas block mounted and work on the NT4 by maybe opening up the bore a smidge.  I know that the Knightforce is not kosher but I have all the Leupold Mk4's and wanted something different.

Link Posted: 3/11/2023 3:02:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cyclic240B] [#16]
Here's mine. I built it as soon as the parts were available bitd. ADCO had the proper Douglas SDM-R profile barrels way before anybody else made them available.

I have the proper set screw/windage adjustable front sight, with bayonet lug ordered from CLE

As you can see, the barrel fluting is pretty aggressive.

Link Posted: 3/22/2023 10:05:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M16Alpha2] [#17]
Hi guys,

I'm just now getting around to building my SDM-R. Talking to Compass Lake Engineering on the barrel.

I have the correct DD rail but do not have the collar with the flats or steel barrel nut as observed in pictures.

Does anybody out there have one of the collars with flats on it they would part with?

If somebody has one they won't part with, would you be willing allow a machine shop to make copies of this w/ CNC equipment if it could be done without getting into trouble with DD?

There may be enough cloners out there to make it worthwhile for a machine shop to make a few.

Thoughts guys.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By M16Alpha2:
Hi guys,

I'm just now getting around to building my SDM-R. Talking to Compass Lake Engineering on the barrel.

I have the correct DD rail but do not have the collar with the flats or steel barrel nut as observed in pictures.

Does anybody out there have one of the collars with flats on it they would part with?

If somebody has one they won't part with, would you be willing allow a machine shop to make copies of this w/ CNC equipment if it could be done without getting into trouble with DD?

There may be enough cloners out there to make it worthwhile for a machine shop to make a few.

Thoughts guys.

Thanks.
View Quote

I'd be down for a "clone collar"
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Cyclic240B:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M16Alpha2:
Hi guys,

Thoughts guys.

Thanks.

Ditto on that.

Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:06:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Y'all really going to make me tear down my SDM-R upper to do this... No promises, but I'll make some phone calls this week.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

Originally Posted By FrankW134:

Ditto on that.
View Quote

Heck with the "clone collar."  I just want the "clone rail!"
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:14:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ringer706] [#22]
Alright, working on a drawing right now for the old-style faceted DD handguard nut for the SDM-R. Not going to do steel barrel nuts, this is the handguard nut only. Going to up front, it will probably be a little pricey. Can't say anything for certain before I have a quote back from the machine shop and for hardcoat anodizing, but my ballpark guess is that it'll be in the $100-$200 range since I'm probably only going to make ~25. Again, and I can't say it enough, that number is very much subject to change. It's not the cheapest/easiest part to machine. There's probably a reason they went to a mostly turned nut later on with only a few milled flats. Hint: $$$

What I really need to go forward is to know if that's feasible for anyone looking. Probably going to need to do a waitlist to get it off the ground.

Gentlemen, thoughts?

@FrankW134

@Cyclic240B

@M16Alpha2

@eaglefive
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By ringer706:
Alright, working on a drawing right now for the old-style faceted DD handguard nut for the SDM-R. Not going to do steel barrel nuts, this is the handguard nut only. Going to up front, it will probably be a little pricey. Can't say anything for certain before I have a quote back from the machine shop and for hardcoat anodizing, but my ballpark guess is that it'll be in the $100-$200 range since I'm probably only going to make ~25. Again, and I can't say it enough, that number is very much subject to change. It's not the cheapest/easiest part to machine. There's probably a reason they went to a mostly turned nut later on with only a few milled flats. Hint: $$$

What I really need to go forward is to know if that's feasible for anyone looking. Probably going to need to do a waitlist to get it off the ground.

Gentlemen, thoughts?

@FrankW134

@Cyclic240B

@M16Alpha2

@eaglefive
View Quote

ringer706 I sent you a PM
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ringer706:

Gentlemen, thoughts?

@FrankW134

@Cyclic240B

@M16Alpha2

@eaglefive
View Quote

I’d be interested in one.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Took mine out the other day

Link Posted: 6/14/2023 9:34:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Update for the people waiting.

Warmachine is working the railed gas block in when there's down time.  It is getting there, but it's very much a "it'll be done when it's done" situation.

I appreciate everyone's patience.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 7:56:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#28]
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009588950?pid=422394

Y'all need to know as well
View Quote

Says 5 left but when I try to put it in my cart it says unavailable.
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

View Quote
Weird. I already ordered mine lol
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

I don't need to be buying more glass right now anyway. Just getting over the wallet-shock on S&B glass.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Did these SAM-R repro gas blocks ever pan out?  Any way to get one still?
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 5:52:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: orpheus762x51] [#32]
Originally Posted By Elvis121:
Did these SAM-R repro gas blocks ever pan out?  Any way to get one still?
View Quote

They're about 90% prototyped, but unfortunately they only get worked on when War Machine LLC has down time (they often don't).  They're being worked on, but it's very much a "they'll be done when they're done" proposition.

The up shot is, no payment up front is required.  The word I got from War Machine was that no one will be asked for payment until they're complete.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#33]

They're about 90% prototyped, but unfortunately they only get worked on when War Machine LLC has down time (they often don't).  They're being worked on, but it's very much a "they'll be done when they're done" proposition.

The up shot is, no payment up front is required.  The word I got from War Machine was that no one will be asked for payment until they're complete.
View Quote

Hell yeah.  If anyone's keeping a list put me on it please.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 5:36:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmtsc] [#34]
Going a different route
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Thread bump with the wish.com BCM-R.

I'll see myself out lol.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Thread bump with the wish.com BCM-R.

https://i.postimg.cc/g09ZjzVX/IMG-20231016-182356776-2.jpg

I'll see myself out lol.
View Quote

FSGB is the harder part to source. Get on a waiting list to replace that handguard and you're one step closer.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:18:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#37]
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

FSGB is the harder part to source. Get on a waiting list to replace that handguard and you're one step closer.
View Quote

Welp....I had a KAC FF RAS, on a SAM-R clone awhile back.....it shot loose, a few times. Funny enough; the two real SAM-R uppers I worked on came in with red locktite and setscrews in the rails.....and both the rails were broken at the nut and I had to machine new threaded end inserts and press them in. I get its correct but it's not really good at all. I'd be more inclined to do a SDMR if anything.

I moved on from KAC parts, thankfully....
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 2:58:36 AM EDT
[#38]

Welp....I had a KAC FF RAS, on a SAM-R clone awhile back.....it shot loose, a few times. Funny enough; the two real SAM-R uppers I worked on came in with red locktite and setscrews in the rails.....and both the rails were broken at the nut and I had to machine new threaded end inserts and press them in. I get its correct but it's not really good at all. I'd be more inclined to do a SDMR if anything.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

I was gonna say why would you want an inferior rail. Lol
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Anybody know the finishing process for original SDMR barrels? I read before that they were rattlecanned with high heat paint, but I'm unsure if that's true or not. I'm working on building mine currently. Painted my barrel over the weekend and while putting it all together, I had to remove just about all the paint from the step up on which the FSB sits or else it wouldn't have fit. A bit disgruntled that my nice paint job is ruined now. Really curious as to how they managed to do it back then as most pictures I see, yes the barrel has paint scratched off,  but underneath the FSB it looks fine. I assume they did spray the barrels prior to assembly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Camaro69396:
Anybody know the finishing process for original SDMR barrels? I read before that they were rattlecanned with high heat paint, but I'm unsure if that's true or not. I'm working on building mine currently. Painted my barrel over the weekend and while putting it all together, I had to remove just about all the paint from the step up on which the FSB sits or else it wouldn't have fit. A bit disgruntled that my nice paint job is ruined now. Really curious as to how they managed to do it back then as most pictures I see, yes the barrel has paint scratched off,  but underneath the FSB it looks fine. I assume they did spray the barrels prior to assembly. Any help is greatly appreciated.
View Quote

I kryloned mine almost 15 years ago, still looks good.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Did you have any trouble with the FSB scraping the paint off, particularly on the step up portion of the barrel that it goes on? Did you bake yours to cure the paint?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:37:25 AM EDT
[#42]
I painted after assembly, did not bake.  My barrel is a superior barrels barrel that is basically a nitrided CLE barrel.  No issues with the paint adhering to the barrel without baking, the only wear is to areas that are commonly touched such as the grip and handguard.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#43]
So, if im understanding this correctly, only the portion of the barrel forward of the FF handguard is painted on yours? Did you tape off the FSB?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Camaro69396:
So, if im understanding this correctly, only the portion of the barrel forward of the FF handguard is painted on yours? Did you tape off the FSB?
View Quote

I rattle canned the whole gun.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:41:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JTM20] [#46]
Originally Posted By bigbore:

What a unused original steel DD barrel nuts going for these days?  Asking for a friend who has several.
View Quote

Barrel nut only? Or does it also include the octagonal shroud?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By bigbore:

What a unused original steel DD barrel nuts going for these days?  Asking for a friend who has several.
View Quote

I'd pay upper double digits for one.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 9:45:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JTM20] [#48]

View Quote

If it has the octagonal collar i would pay a decent amount. I’m itching to get the build done.

Link Posted: 12/7/2023 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Oh I see what you mean now. I'm looking to paint just my barrel black as they were when units received them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 2:04:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JTM20:

If it has the octagonal collar i would pay a decent amount. I’m itching to get the build done.

https://i.imgur.com/NeSVb8Al.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JTM20:

https://i.imgur.com/NeSVb8Al.jpg

I misread bigbores post, I need the octagonal nut, not the barrel nut.
Page / 27
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top