AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 1:51:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I am finally beginning to understand. If you can't afford a Mercedes why even buy a car. I will forget the folks I know who have owned and shot Bushmasters for years and are sold on them. They just enjoy the sport and are not "Internet Gun Gurus" so what do they know?
View Quote

Like that is even close to the same thing being discussed here.  

You can get a quality AR from PSA for $600 or less any day of the week.  Nobody is claiming OP needs to spend $1,000+.  Stop being dramatic.  

ETA:  You seem to have this weird complex with trying to rationalize paying 80% of the cost of a quality rifle for a substandard one.  It just doesn't make any damn sense.  If you can save up $500-$600 for an AR, you can save for another month or two and get something with a lot better build quality, QC, attention to detail, etc.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
IIRC, Pat Rogers has reported issues with Bushmasters breaking their bolts at the cam pin hole. (more common than normal). And the improper staking of the carrier key screws is a well known issue. Other than those problems I believe that Bushmasters are better than many of the other offerings over the years.

They are DEFINITELY better than Olympic Arms!

I can't believe how much they were charging for stripped lowers several years back, Bushmaster was at the Tulsa Gun Show around 15 years ago and was getting around $150.00 DEALER for stripped lowers!
View Quote

Doesn't Pat Rogers also say that if you want a quality weapon you can trust you're life with; that a economy grade weapon or a build doesn't cut it?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You can get a quality AR from PSA for $600 or less any day of the week.  Nobody is claiming OP needs to spend $1,000+.  Stop being dramatic.  

ETA:  You seem to have this weird complex with trying to rationalize paying 80% of the cost of a quality rifle for a substandard one.  It just doesn't make any damn sense.  If you can save up $500-$600 for an AR, you can save for another month or two and get something with a lot better build quality, QC, attention to detail, etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I am finally beginning to understand. If you can't afford a Mercedes why even buy a car. I will forget the folks I know who have owned and shot Bushmasters for years and are sold on them. They just enjoy the sport and are not "Internet Gun Gurus" so what do they know?

PSA isn't quality. It's economy. Lol.

People here LOVE to forget that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think I am finally beginning to understand. DPMS, Busmaster and other lowly tier guns are mass produced by unskilled flunkies in bad conditions, while the high tier guns are assembled carefully by old world craftsman one piece at a time in modern well lighted conditions. Each part is hand perfected and sprinkled with generous amounts of "mil-spec". Ahh, Ok. Yep, I think I've got it.
View Quote

No, no you don't understand. I doubt you are capable of understanding since you haven't shown any so far.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:48:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No, no you don't understand. I doubt you are capable of understanding since you haven't shown any so far.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think I am finally beginning to understand. DPMS, Busmaster and other lowly tier guns are mass produced by unskilled flunkies in bad conditions, while the high tier guns are assembled carefully by old world craftsman one piece at a time in modern well lighted conditions. Each part is hand perfected and sprinkled with generous amounts of "mil-spec". Ahh, Ok. Yep, I think I've got it.

Thank you for the non snotty remarks. I have come to understand that disagreeing with the mainstream is totally unacceptable here as it gets very personal. I won't make any more comments as mine tend to be snotty. Enjoy your AR. I sure do mine. Finis.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:08:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Done. No longer technical.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top