Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2015 9:35:31 PM EDT
looking through the box recently came across a stripped Palmetto State Armory lower I  had forgotten I had. along with a couple of PSA BCGs and a lower parts kit. Also have have  a couple of Colt M4 waffle stocks. So I went to PSAs website saw this, which I decided to buy.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-mid-length-freedom-stainless-moe-blk-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

Looks like a nice cheapo builld, nothing fancy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, why not?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish I had that problem. I know exactly where every single spare part I own is. All 6 of them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:06:38 PM EDT
[#3]
But how else do you justify buying parts to complete a build?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]
"Oh look... a roll pin... time for another build!!"

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#5]
My spare PSA stock and buffer assembly and CMMG trigger guard are going to complete the transformation into a new lower tomorrow...

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:32:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a spare detent spring.  I have a new dissipator now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a pile of retro parts laying around, I've been thinking about getting rid of them for this exact reason.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a pile of retro parts laying around, I've been thinking about getting rid of them for this exact reason.
View Quote

And by "get rid of" you mean "do a retro build" right?

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have three retro builds pending already, that's what happens when you spend money buying up parts instead of finishing what you already have.

I've promised myself I wouldn't buy anything else except what I need to finish them, hopefully I keep that promise.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I've built the last AR I'm ever gonna build.................................................
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Built my wife an AR for Christmas last year. It all started when I found a spare charging handle
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#12]
I will second the roll pin "problem"...

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Happens all the time
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Small parts tend to remain just that for me, but yeah, major components-upper, lower, BCG, barrel-do tend to grow into rifles.

I had no intention of building another just yet, but there had been this stripped lower and assembled upper staring me in the face for a few weeks.  It became a no frills 20" A3 over the weekend.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:33:30 AM EDT
[#15]
I watch for sales on AR parts.
I usually don't have a plan on what I am going to build with them.
They go into my parts boxes.

When I see what someone has posted " with Pictures",  I start digging in the parts boxes.

I usually don't have to wait or hunt for the parts at vendors or on EE.
I can build it now.

Ron

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
"Oh look... a roll pin... time for another build!!"

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I know the feeling. Found a stripped lower in my safe. Had eVery thing but a buffer tube. Almost 2800 later I'm building a new gun and not even using that lower.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I'm going to finish my lower tonight.  And I have already figured out that it's going to leave me with a safety selector, grip screw, and the two FCG pins...

Fuck.

Guess I'll be buying another lower.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top