Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 9:15:49 AM EDT
Has anyone tried the Mega single stage trigger yet?? It is supposed to give a 4.5lb pull.. I added a jp spring kit .... Jus wondering if anyone else tried?? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#1]
The Mega trigger is a piece of crap. I had one and it would double tap or fail to reset without any adjustments . I called Mega and they pretty much said.. "ours works, use a different hammer or disconnecter.  Suffice to say I lost confidence in the Mega Trigger and after reading about similar problems from many others I tossed it in the failed parts bin
I might have messed with it if it had worked with no adjustments but then what point is there to the trigger..... an ALG trigger with a trigger adjuster screw and JP springs is a much more reliable, cheaper set that accomplishes the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Going by the post above this one and several others I think I would go with the ALG Nickel Boron coated trigger OP. I have one installed on my Mega Ambi GTR3H lower receiver and matching upper build, it's been great; and it pulls at about 5.5lbs, very smoothly. I'd go with that...
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Spikes NiB trigger + JP Trigger springs = perfection for under $75
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I am the odd duck.  I used one on a SPR and once adjusted it never gave me any issues.  I used a NiB disconnector and hammer along with JP red/gold spring kit and ended up with a hair over 4.5" pull.

I sold that rifle, and admittedly have been replacing my single stage triggers with  Geissele ones.  A vendor on here has the G2S triggers for $129 shipped.  That combined with same JP red/gold spring kit produced a hair over 3.5# pull.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have used it as well with the jp springs and speed hammer. I had a gew reset issues at first but after i got it adjusted the right way i havent had any issues with it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Maybe I'll dig it out and try  a Spikes hammer and disconnect. I wasn't interested in purchasing multiple hammers until I found one that worked. The problem may have been that I was using "used" hammers and disconnects.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm semi interested in the mega trigger as well, but the reviews are very hit and miss. I get the feeling that a lot of people don't properly adjust it before posting negative reviews of the trigger. If I remember right it has 2 or 3 set screws that have to be adjusted otherwise bad things can happen
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm semi interested in the mega trigger as well, but the reviews are very hit and miss. I get the feeling that a lot of people don't properly adjust it before posting negative reviews of the trigger. If I remember right it has 2 or 3 set screws that have to be adjusted otherwise bad things can happen
View Quote

It has 2 set screws that allow for adjusting of take up and overtravel. , I didnt put any adjustment into mine and it wouldnt reset the trigger consistently and it would do double and triple taps every now and again. Like i said, i was using a used milspec disconnector and hammer ( out of a DD rifle) so that may have complicated things. It aint rocket surgery though... all you are adjusting for is a bit of movement if you get malfunctions you back off a bit.  I am not too big on adjustable triggers on HD/PD/Duty weapons a anyway.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It has 2 set screws that allow for adjusting of take up and overtravel. , I didnt put any adjustment into mine and it wouldnt reset the trigger consistently and it would do double and triple taps every now and again. Like i said, i was using a used milspec disconnector and hammer ( out of a DD rifle) so that may have complicated things. It aint rocket surgery though... all you are adjusting for is a bit of movement if you get malfunctions you back off a bit.  I am not too big on adjustable triggers on HD/PD/Duty weapons a anyway.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not adjusting it at all is the same as not adjusting it properly. I bet if you followed the instructions and set it up you wouldn't have those problems
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 1:05:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Not adjusting it at all is the same as not adjusting it properly. I bet if you followed the instructions and set it up you wouldn't have those problems
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has 2 set screws that allow for adjusting of take up and overtravel. , I didnt put any adjustment into mine and it wouldnt reset the trigger consistently and it would do double and triple taps every now and again. Like i said, i was using a used milspec disconnector and hammer ( out of a DD rifle) so that may have complicated things. It aint rocket surgery though... all you are adjusting for is a bit of movement if you get malfunctions you back off a bit. I am not too big on adjustable triggers on HD/PD/Duty weapons a anyway.

His problem sounded like a disconnector timing issue.  While the adjustment screws may have effected it, there is a good chance he just needed to file the front of his disco a small amount.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I watched the vid. There isn't anything that decreasing the amount of travel in either direction would have fixed.

I suspect Jacufrost  is correct after looking at the trigger function but I didn't want to risk more spontaneous  triple taps or worse. I am going to try a new disconnector when I eventually get a doner.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top