Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 23 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CarpNY:
For anyone considering installing a Remington 1100 or 11-87 wooden stock, make sure to purchase and install a bearing plate between the stock and the SCR receiver:

https://support.remington.com/@api/deki/files/1190/receiver_shotgun.PNG?revision=1

Not being familiar with shotguns, I initially did not.  I happened to read about needing to use them for woods stocks on 1100's, so I ordered one off of Ebay.  Sure enough, the depth of the receiver opening is 0.20" deep, which is exactly what the stock plus the plate gives you.  Installed it yesterday (had to open the hole up to just over 0.75") and it is rock solid now.  Fortunately, with a straight stock, the load is more inline with the stock, so there wasn't too much of a problem.  However, especially with "pistol grip" style stock, having it in their should add to long-run durability.
View Quote

thanks for sharing the Lesson Learned !!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 12:44:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Great tip Carp  
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By FightLite:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457617/IMG-4722-150180.jpg

Anybody up for a short barrel SCR? This gun assembled as a "what if" concept gun using a Mega Arms upper and 10" barrel. Perfect scabbard gun for hooved or iron horse!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457617/IMG-4726-150181.jpg
View Quote

Looks great!

What is that, a spikes brake on the barrel?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:07:34 AM EDT
[#5]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457617/IMG-4722-150180.jpg

Anybody up for a short barrel SCR? This gun assembled as a "what if" concept gun using a Mega Arms upper and 10" barrel. Perfect scabbard gun for hooved or iron horse!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457617/IMG-4726-150181.jpg
View Quote

Well done!

So when can we expect a nice stock of lowers to hit the market?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Thx. Already shipping...try DF Brothers, NY; Majestic Arms, NYC; Midwest Gun Works, MO...they all immediately come to mind but there are others too such as RT Smoke & Guns, NY.
Pallet size orders shipping this week and I'm not sure in what order, but Brownells/Crows, RSR, Amchar, AcuSport and other Distributors should have stock soon. It will go quick because product demand is high so contact them early and get on list. Thx for patience everyone!
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457617/IMG-4735-150285.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#9]
If you need a poor guy to cold weather test one in Alaska, I'm game 

Soon... 
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 2:25:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I have mine and love it, but still think not including the bolt catch is lame, despite your reasoning.
Put the plug in the box with the receiver if you really think some people wont want it
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:09:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good.

Too bad magpul doesn't make an 1100 compatible stock.

One of those plus your lower would probably make even more people want these.

Need to pick one up for a truck gun for sure

Thx. Already shipping...try DF Brothers, NY; Majestic Arms, NYC; Midwest Gun Works, MO...they all immediately come to mind but there are others too such as RT Smoke & Guns, NY.

Pallet size orders shipping this week and I'm not sure in what order, but Brownells/Crows, RSR, Amchar, AcuSport and other Distributors should have stock soon. It will go quick because product demand is high so contact them early and get on list. Thx for patience everyone!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457617/IMG-4735-150285.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:06:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Any dealers in south west CT getting any of these or whole rifles?

Thx
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:17:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Even though i'm not in a ban state I really want a lower. I drive by melbourne all the time although i doubt fightlite would sell me one factory direct
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Aeneas2020:
Even though i'm not in a ban state I really want a lower. I drive by melbourne all the time although i doubt fightlite would sell me one factory direct
View Quote

Couldn't hurt to ask em. They have an account here now, could just send em a pm.

I'm sure you could always just buy it from then and have it sent to a local dealer for the 4473 if they can't do it
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Lowers back in stock on the Midwest gunworkable site. Ares/flightlite or whatever they call themself raised the price even more. At the 400-500 price point I had interest at the 600+ price point for a lower, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:09:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spinbang] [#16]
Fightlite got it right and have the patent.  Good on them. Don't expect to see anyone else copying these unless they sell/lease their patent
These rifles handle great, no bullet button, and can use all the same upper stuff you already have.
I can't imagine putting up with fins or the other absurd grips people are coming up with because I  wouldn't spend a couple hundred bucks for a unique product.
Over the life of the rifle you will spend way more on ammo.
Hopefully Fightlite will get production up to demand but in the meantime, I'd get in line.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 10:48:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Out of stock on MGWs website.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:25:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By coldblue:

A "pass" you will regret in the coming years...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:  Lowers back in stock on the Midwest gunworkable site. Ares/flightlite or whatever they call themself raised the price even more. At the 400-500 price point I had interest at the 600+ price point for a lower, I'll pass.

It's a hard sell when complete ARs are getting down in the low $300s, sir.  It's neat & all, but not two AR neat unless you're behind enemy lines or have to travel there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Pretty ridiculous to bump the price the way they have when nothing has changed but the name.

I have one, it's a nice firearm, but it is not a competitor in the $1000 AR arena(for the complete rifle) Finish and machining are good, but not that good, and I can honestly say I haven't heard many good things about the factory upper that comes with the SCR, and the ones I handled wee more on par with the cheap/budget uppers you find all over for ~$250-300. Makes it awfully tough to support a company that appears to be attempting to take advantage of those that are "trapped behind enemy lines" as the saying goes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, I am glad I bought mine when I did now.  I think I picked up the lower for 200-300 iirc, way back before the shortage.  Pretty nice impulse buy I suppose.

As others have said I enjoy mine, but only you can make the decision if the price tag is "worth" it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:21:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By gadgetguy1288:  Pretty ridiculous to bump the price the way they have when nothing has changed but the name.

I have one, it's a nice firearm, but it is not a competitor in the $1000 AR arena(for the complete rifle) Finish and machining are good, but not that good, and I can honestly say I haven't heard many good things about the factory upper that comes with the SCR, and the ones I handled wee more on par with the cheap/budget uppers you find all over for ~$250-300. Makes it awfully tough to support a company that appears to be attempting to take advantage of those that are "trapped behind enemy lines" as the saying goes.
View Quote

California law HAS changed.  Supply and demand, what?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#24]
With more restrictions and this being a way not to be a felon/ register of course prices are going to go up.  And with nobody else making anything close to this, they have the market cornered.  Here in CT we don't have a lot of choices, this is great if you dont want to spend more money on 20+ year old pre bans, but at the current price im glad I bought earlier....
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:29:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rontalvos] [#25]
Originally Posted By gadgetguy1288:

Couldn't hurt to ask em. They have an account here now, could just send em a pm.
View Quote

Yeah, don't waste your breath with this. They don't answer PMs and don't use their Industry forum.

Also: The SCR prices are insane. $1,104 on MGW. I can't even fathom that price.

They have a piston model for $1,297. Utterly insane.

If they priced them to compete with Mini 14's they could absolutely dominate the California market. I love my SCR but at this rate I can't even afford to buy a second one. $604 for just the lower? Get real.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bjohnson425:
Lowers back in stock on the Midwest gunworkable site. Ares/flightlite or whatever they call themself raised the price even more. At the 400-500 price point I had interest at the 600+ price point for a lower, I'll pass.

No, not at all. I live in a free state my only interest was it was kind of different and interesting it wouldnt be anything but a range toy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Rontalvos:

Yeah, don't waste your breath with this. They don't answer PMs and don't use their Industry forum.

If they priced them to compete with Mini 14's they could absolutely dominate the California market. I love my SCR but at this rate I can't even afford to buy a second one. $604 for just the lower? Get real.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gadgetguy1288:

Yup.  $400 I'd still probably get one.  For $600, I personally would rather get a CMT PDW lower with their wire stock and still have $50-75 towards a tax stamp.  Not that I have the money for either.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I know someone who was interested in a free state as a hunting arm to carry.  He was a bit put off by the trigger.  @ $600?  He won't bite.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I am glad I pulled the trigger as soon as they dropped before the price went up (SCR-003 $960 OTD)
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:25:07 PM EDT
[#30]
I admit not thrilled about the price but that being said if I can grab one soon I will. Been saving and waiting for a lower for awhile, what's an additional $100...?
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#31]
well, to spite repeated calls to all the retailers nationally that supposedly have some SCRs they still seem to be unobtainable ... anyone else find any different??  

I even left a note with FightLite to see if any dealers in upstate NY would have some and got no reply...
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#32]
FightLite IndustriesFebruary 22 at 3:00pm · Shipment of SCR lowers headed over to @BrownellsInc today. Make sure you get your order in with them before they sell out. -And Midwest Gun Works has another batch of lowers and some rifles headed their way either tomorrow or Monday. Nobody can keep them in stock so I'd recommend getting your order in with them ASAP if your interestedLike · Reply · February 23 at 12:54pm

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/3/2017 8:21:57 PM EDT
[#33]

I am just saying because you have obviously thought about it, down the road (as I have read so many regrets on these gun pages on guns that you sold, or didn't buy when you had the chance) you will always wonder. And I would agree with these $300 AR's if they weren't junk guns...you get what you pay for in this world...
View Quote

All truth...

Never put off the purchase of a gun you want til tomorrow when you can purchase it today.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:35:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andromax] [#34]
Anyone tried the AR-Stoner reciprocating side charger?
Midway has a complete side charging upper on clearance in 300BO and 22 Nosler for $399 atm
I ordered the 300bo upper. I'll have to tap the SCR BC for the charging handle, should be an easy mod.
I know it's been discussed here, and the more I thought about a reciprocating side charger, the more I wanted to try it out. I already own 2 ASA side chargers, which I love. But I like the idea of the "M14" style ergonomics...

I'll post pics on wednesday when I get the package, and have a better idea of what this will be like.

Also, I updated the thread title..
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:20:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#35]
Originally Posted By Andromax:
Midway has a complete side charging upper on clearance in 300BO and 22 Nosler for $399 atm
I ordered the 300bo upper. I'll have to tap the SCR BC for the charging handle, should be an easy mod.
I know it's been discussed here, and the more I thought about a reciprocating side charger, the more I wanted to try it out. I already own 2 ASA side chargers, which I love. But I like the idea of the "M14" style ergonomics...
https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/155/155439.jpg

I'll post pics on wednesday when I get the package, and have a better idea of what this will be like.

View Quote

Looking forward to seeing how it works out.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 3:16:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bTanZ] [#36]
i saw the brownells deal and thought it was a heck of a price...keep us posted!!

i finally (after USPS lost it for 2+ weeks) received my Matrix left side charger... it will be a few weeks before it gets built up as i'm finishing some other projects for now & SCR lowers are still #unobtainium ... :(

update ... i spoke too soon. the package arrived today and it's now clear why it was stuck with USPS so long. an unknown (non water soluble) chemical that kinda smells like really-really strong fabric softener must have spilled/leaked on packages, mine included.  USPS bagged it in plastic so the post carrier wouldn't have to touch it, included a "we are sorry note" and sent in on 2+ weeks late. I emailed the retailer "Chander Hardwoods" this evening to begin a claim with USPS and hopefully get another upper on it's way to me...

It looked good for a minute, but the odor from the chem spill precludes it from coming in the house at present time...  :(
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#37]
That will probably be one of the best upper styles for that lower

Originally Posted By Andromax:
https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/155/155439.jpg

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:43:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#38]
so the AR Stoner upper has a flat bottomed knurled knob where the charging handle usually resides
Attachment Attached File

Jesse James Califas Nomad set up has a similar knob

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:52:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KolarSkeet] [#39]
If you are going to d&t your SCR carrier, make sure you know what you're doing.  They are hardened and can be a nightmare on drill bits and taps.  I wonder what Ares gets for a spare bolt carrier, might be worth an experiment if it isn't too crazy.

Here is another option for fixed sights I just stumbled on:

https://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=Mounting%20Systems&itemno=MNT-910

They have a couple different options for front sights, one for 22s and one for shotguns, not sure if either would provide a good height against this on a SCR though, but at least it would give you a cheap starting point for a back sight.  You might even be able to buy two, pull the guts out of the second one and drill and tap it for a threaded post, with a set screw to hold it in place, super low profile so you can get a decent cheek weld and fully adjustable for around 30 bucks if you buy 2.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:55:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#41]

Not a good fit for a rifle, they are not vertically adjustable (besides choosing a different aperture) and the front post is low to start with.
They are set up for the ballistics of a slug from a Saiga 12 after all.
I used them on my .45 SBR, and I like them, but I had to weld up the front sight post and file it down to dial it in.

Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:21:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FightingHellfish] [#42]

View Quote

A new Mini-14 is $850.  So....

Right now demand is way higher than supply.  Once the market for these slows, I'm sure prices will come back down.

If I lived in a ban state, I'd drop $600 for the lower.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I picked up an older SCR this morning. Read the instruction manual helps when you try to reasssemble it as you have to slide the upper back on the lower to line up the rat tail with whatever you call the receiver extension
View Quote

Pfft.  Half the fun of guns is tearing them apart and trying to get them back together without a lot of extra parts left over.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:50:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:39:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#46]
Originally Posted By SCW:
Pfft.  Half the fun of guns is tearing them apart and trying to get them back together without a lot of extra parts left over.
View Quote

That's why I bought two.  "Oh, that's where this goes ..."
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#47]
The new pricing on these is ridiculous, but if they are selling, then I guess it makes sense.

It is the only viable option, IMO, for ban states.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Castillo:
The new pricing on these is ridiculous, but if they are selling, then I guess it makes sense.

It is the only viable option, IMO, for ban states.
View Quote

How big is the ban state market?  Eventually they are going to run out of desperate people.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:36:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Tim_AZ:

How big is the ban state market?  Eventually they are going to run out of desperate people.
View Quote

That's my thinking as well. I picked up a gen 1 lower last year for $450/shipped. I think at that price($450-500) it was a good deal for something different, but at $600-650 like they are now, I think once the ban state demand is fulfilled they are going to have a tough time moving them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:40:41 PM EDT
[#50]
these are some very unique parts

it's not like an ar lower with 87 vendors
Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 23 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top