Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2015 2:07:49 PM EDT
I saw this mag release on the skeleton build in the forum here.  Just curious if any of you are using this mag release and if so how it works for you?  Is to a little too extended so as to cause unintentional pressing?

ODIN
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried it but it was entirely too wobbly.  Chock it up to falling for the hype of completely unnecessary parts for a perfectly good weapon design to begin with.....
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried it but it was entirely too wobbly.  Chock it up to falling for the hype of completely unnecessary parts for a perfectly good weapon design to begin with.....
View Quote

Looks like a solution to a non-existant problem.

However, I've been waiting for something like this for the SCAR's mag release, which is a bit
difficult to reach unless you have freakishly long fingers.
NVM. Handl makes one/ordered
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine wobbles some, it looks neat and I've done dumber things with twenty dollars, it works as advertised, but I agree with the above sentiment.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
good to know gentlemen.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going with Battle Arms Development's "EMR" button.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:28:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm going with Battle Arms Development's "EMR" button.
View Quote

Now you're talking!

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
If your wife has small hands...it helps with keeping her grip by decreasing her reach.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If your wife has small hands...it helps with keeping her grip by decreasing her reach.
View Quote

This is about the only legitimate use for this thing that I can think of. I have pretty large hands but I feel like the mag release button on an AR is well within reach of your average mans finger without shifting his grip.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a problem with my EMR.  I have it as many turns as it can go, but the button it too tall.  I hit it hard for a mag change and the mag catch can come out of the hole and drop to which ever way gravity dictates.  Tried on a couple lowers and with a couple mag catches.  Some are worse than others, but I don't trust it.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I had a problem with my EMR.  I have it as many turns as it can go, but the button it too tall.  I hit it hard for a mag change and the mag catch can come out of the hole and drop to which ever way gravity dictates.  Tried on a couple lowers and with a couple mag catches.  Some are worse than others, but I don't trust it.
View Quote

Mine runs fine......strange!
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 11:37:18 PM EDT
[#11]
It is something that should not be used on a self defense or duty use rifle. Mine kept hanging up, and wouldn't completely release the magazine. It needs a redesign. They had to make it one size fits all, accounting for the various tolerances each lower may have. I'd rather have them make it slightly larger, and allow for a self customized fit.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I'v been using them for over a year with no problems and have never accidentally pushed it when I didn't intend to. It's designed for people with short fingers or pistol grips that sit back further then normal.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 7:06:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I saw this mag release on the skeleton build in the forum here.  Just curious if any of you are using this mag release and if so how it works for you?  Is to a little too extended so as to cause unintentional pressing?

ODIN
View Quote

Yea, I put that on my skeletonized build purely for looks. Its wobbly as hell and not really needed. But it does extend the mag release button aft a bit and could be benificial to a small handed shooter I guess.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top