Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2015 7:41:37 PM EDT
My SSA-E has almost no resistance on the 1st stage. Is there a way to install this trigger wrong?
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just like installing a mil spec trigger. So,  I guess the short answer is,  yes,  it can be installed wrong.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My SSA-E has almost no resistance on the 1st stage. Is there a way to install this trigger wrong?
View Quote

Are you sure?  It's really light by design.  If you watched the installation video (youtube), I'm guessing you installed it just fine.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you get it new or used?  If used, perhaps the spring is bad or has been substituted
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 8:45:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you get it new or used?  If used, perhaps the spring is bad or has been substituted
View Quote

Brand new. Wondering if they accidentally sent me a diff. trigger. Either that or I put it in wrong. There is VERY little resistance in 1st stage, only 2nd stage do you feel resistance when it breaks. Prob. going to take it to a buddy (gunsmith) to re-install just to be safe.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#5]
What's your total pull?  If it's even lighter than a regular SSA-E, I'll trade you a new in package SSA-E for yours!

Sounds like a good problem to me.

If your rifle passes the function check, it's probably installed correctly.  The only obvious thing to check is to be sure the hammer spring is positioned corectly on the hammer and check to be sure the hammer spring legs are resting where they should be and not bent in or anything.

ETA:  My SSA-E's don't have much take up on the 1st stage, they're very smooth and light in the first stage - feels like it's almost non existent when compared to a 7-8 lb mass produced, gritty factory trigger.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#6]
It's a light trigger by design.

Have you tried someone else's SSA-E to compare it to?

Installs just like a stock trigger.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#7]
OP - The first stage is going to be about 2lbs with a real smooth pull. It will feel completely difference than a stock mil-spec trigger. All of your first stage weight is based off of your trigger spring. Your second stage weight is based off of your disconnect spring. If you want to shoot us a picture of it installed, we'd be more than happy to take a look at it. Our e-mail address is [email protected]

-Geissele Customer Service
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#8]
^ ^ ^  Now THAT is customer service!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a SSA-E...love it...like others have said light smooth 1st stage...nothing like factory trigger.

Hey how about Geissele CS Arty answering on a Saturday...WOW....!!!

I need a Super SCAR trigger for my 17....getting it probably in a few weeks. Love Geissele!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 9 of them installed. As noted the first stage is about 2 pounds but feels much less the second stage is 1.2 pounds. It sounds like it's OK but if you have a trigger pull gauge or can borrow one to check out the pull do that. Or send a photo to Geissele as requested. The trigger is difficult to install incorrectly. I.d first look at the diagram sent with the trigger. If it looks the same you are gtg. Better to be safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:05:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
OP - The first stage is going to be about 2lbs with a real smooth pull. It will feel completely difference than a stock mil-spec trigger. All of your first stage weight is based off of your trigger spring. Your second stage weight is based off of your disconnect spring. If you want to shoot us a picture of it installed, we'd be more than happy to take a look at it. Our e-mail address is [email protected]

View Quote

It goes without saying Geissele Triggers are second to none (IMHO), but their Customer Service is another reason why all my ARs have their triggers...
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't have one (yet), but a 2lb 1st stage isn't going to feel like hardly anything, which is a good thing on a precision gun.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Are you sure?  It's really light by design.  If you watched the installation video (youtube), I'm guessing you installed it just fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I didn't assume anything before trying to install it, and just watched the youtube video and followed it step by step.. Can't screw that up.

ETA: And seeing above posts, Geissele doesn't just make arguably the best triggers on the market, their customer service is amazing.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Take a pic of the inside of the trigger housing so the hive can see if the springs are in the proper position, This way you can eliminate the "installation" question. Then we can chat more on why the Geiselle SSA-E has such a smooth 1st stage and a crisp 2nd.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is the reason I will only use Geissele triggers, plus I like the fact that I'm supporting a fellow Pennsylvanian. Did I forget to mention how awesome their triggers are as well.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:13:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I have one on my DMR.  That is what it is.  Take up, then crisp, light break.  Do not mess with it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Here are 2 pics, hopefully you can see enough but if not let me know. I shot a friends SSA-E a while back, but just can't remember if it felt like mine.

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Here are 2 pics, hopefully you can see enough but if not let me know. I shot a friends SSA-E a while back, but just can't remember if it felt like mine.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/coolbrze/ssae1_zpsfcc3234a.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/coolbrze/ssae2_zpsed25c8ec.jpg
View Quote

Looks exactly like mine does. You should be GTG. Unless we both screwed up the installation, but I highly doubt it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#19]

coolbrze

shoot me in IM if you are in NOVA.  I have several SPR and target rifles with SSA and SSA-E that you are more than welcome to try for comparison purposes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s119.photobucket.com/user/coolbrze/media/ssae1_zpsfcc3234a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/coolbrze/ssae1_zpsfcc3234a.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s119.photobucket.com/user/coolbrze/media/ssae2_zpsed25c8ec.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/coolbrze/ssae2_zpsed25c8ec.jpg</a>
View Quote

Everything looks good to go. I would get a tester for the pull weight. If you don't have one, your local gunsmith or gun shop should probably have something to test the pull weight. We'd be more than happy to take a look at it if you wanted to send it in but judging from the pictures, everything is installed correctly. The SSA-E has such an incredibly smooth first stage that the resistance will seem minimal.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:10:35 PM EDT
[#21]
It's hard to see but are both springs sitting on top of the trigger pin? I can only make out 1 of them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top