Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 60
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Spartikis:
So is Franklin basically just making that trigger described in the link it are they adding extra features? Ie 2 stage semi trigger or other features? If not all you're buying from them is a modded mil spec trigger with a ATF approval letter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spartikis:

Originally Posted By ROMAD-556:

Wasn't there was a thread in here not too long ago that detailed out how you could make the same basic thing out of a modified M16A2 burst trigger group?

yup, here it is

So is Franklin basically just making that trigger described in the link it are they adding extra features? Ie 2 stage semi trigger or other features? If not all you're buying from them is a modded mil spec trigger with a ATF approval letter.
It looks like the BFS adds a sear on top of the hammer.

The DIY trigger just slips the disconnector. There is increased potential for hammer follow, doubling, etc.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:36:42 AM EDT
[#2]
So if you dont want to let the second round fire you must hold the trigger back and flip it on safe? .... I dont think im a fan
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Brutus2:

The guy is a felon.  He shouldered the brace.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mr_Smiley:
Damn that's fast.

http://youtu.be/AtuZfONeqbM

Why don't you let the law determine that.. You should relax and enjoy reading the content .
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I get my XO-26 from Franklin Armory next week if this gets approved I'll probably buy it if its reasonably priced just for fun  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:24:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Depending on the price and performance, I'll probably buy one. Seems like it could be a better solution to boosting ROF than bump fire stocks.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:28:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tecstar1:

Why don't you let the law determine that.. You should relax and enjoy reading the content .
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tecstar1:
Damn that's fast.

The internet is serious business.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By HatinHillbilly:

So if you dont want to let the second round fire you must hold the trigger back and flip it on safe? .... I dont think im a fan
View Quote
No, I beleive you have to just flip it back to semi.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I would buy one of these for sure...unless of course the new Geissele trigger is built along the same concept...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like it would be a fun thing to have. Hopefully it's not outrageously priced.  

I own a frankling armory libertas sbr-l and they make good quality shit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:42:31 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Or just don't use the third position.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By brodband8:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:

If your using this trigger in the third position it's highly unlikely your going to hold the trigger back.  The whole point is to dump rounds on target as fast as possible.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a receiver with H&K style "auto" markings, and a nearly complete LPK (minus the FCG). I think this might be a sign. Here's to hoping it gets the ATF's blessing, and isn't outrageously expensive.

On the other hand, the thought of putting machine gun parts in a new build does kind of concern me (there are burst FCG parts in this, correct?).
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
Damn that's fast.

They posted over a week ago that it was a AOW.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By Gingerbreadman:

I have a receiver with H&K style "auto" markings, and a nearly complete LPK (minus the FCG). I think this might be a sign. Here's to hoping it gets the ATF's blessing, and isn't outrageously expensive.

On the other hand, the thought of putting machine gun parts in a new build does kind of concern me (there are burst FCG parts in this, correct?).
View Quote
Not in Franklin Armory's trigger pack.  It appears to be all new parts, though some are similar in design to FA Burst parts.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 30calTBLkid] [#15]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Kinganuthin:
my old paintball gun could do this.  With a double trigger, it was pretty fast.  this aint gonna pass.
View Quote

By the ATF's own definition it HAS to pass. They state that pull of the trigger is one action and the release is a separate action. Just saying.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I will be very surprised if this passes.  

But if it does I see this more as a novelty item.  If the semi stage is a good trigger I'll prob pick one up to screw around with the third position once in awhile, but again this is just a novelty.  And of course they better price it way under the scamtastic taccons
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Do we have any idea WHEN?  I can't find any mention of the thing on their horrible website(s).
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Kuraki:

Do we have any idea WHEN?  I can't find any mention of the thing on their horrible website(s).
View Quote

Waiting on BATFE approval. There is no ETA, you just have to wait for BATFE.

I was told they have had it for several months.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I have an idea! Lets everyone send the ATF letters asking for opinion letters on this LOL! :D
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:05:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Muad:

View All Quotes

They are probably trying to figure out how they can undo their previous two or more letters saying a trigger pull has two separate elements which makes something like this allowable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By Bretshooter:
They are probably trying to figure out how they can undo their previous two or more letters saying a trigger pull has two separate elements which makes something like this allowable.
View All Quotes

No doubt this trigger and the new Geissele trigger are giving them fits.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Ah, thank you.  I wasn't sure if it was actually sent for approval or if that was hearsay, since there are existing opinions already.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:27:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By jaqufrost:

View All Quotes

I wonder what BATFE is thinking right now, with both of these triggers in their possession.

I'm hoping both are approved, and soon. While not really my style (round chucking), the Geissele is something that may have to be purchased.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:41:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ben] [#25]

Saw this while visiting their booth. They are dubbing it the BFS (Binary Firing System). It's currently awaiting BATFE approval. The concept sounds interesting. In the third position, it fires a round when the trigger is pulled, then another when it is released forward to reset. No claimed cyclic rates or anything, and that's all the details I have right now.

View Quote

What say ye?

I'd like to see this paired with one of the BumpSAWs from the BumpSAW thread. Victory!

ETA if it is indeed setup to prevent the hammer dropping too soon...that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RockHard13F:
http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Franklin-Armory-BFS-trigger-1.jpg

What say ye?

I'd like to see this paired with one of the BumpSAWs from the BumpSAW thread. Victory!

ETA if it is indeed setup to prevent the hammer dropping too soon...that would be awesome.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RockHard13F:
Saw this while visiting their booth. They are dubbing it the BFS (Binary Firing System). It's currently awaiting BATFE approval. The concept sounds interesting. In the third position, it fires a round when the trigger is pulled, then another when it is released forward to reset. No claimed cyclic rates or anything, and that's all the details I have right now.
http://ar15hunter.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Franklin-Armory-BFS-trigger-1.jpg

What say ye?

With the ROFs seen with the bumpfires, I don't think this trigger would be necessary.  In fact, it would probably cause too much hammer follow like you say.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:48:00 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Damn that's fast.

It hard to tell if he shouldered it or if he check welded it and it was actually 1/8 of an inch from his shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#28]
tag for ATF ruling
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Just thought of pairing this trigger with the kns spade grips... I am gonna need a second job to pay for the ammo.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ControlledChaos999:
I would buy one of these for sure...unless of course the new Geissele trigger is built along the same concept...
View Quote

which trigger is this?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a feeling that this will get approved and then a few months later the ATF will issue a clarification about how it is legal to pull the trigger but not legal to release the trigger.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#32]
this is bad idea and dangerous

imagine after you pulled the trigger, "cease fire, cease fire!", you still hold the trigger back, what are you going to do?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll buy one for sure if it gets approved.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:09:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ns66:

imagine after you pulled the trigger, "cease fire, cease fire!", you still hold the trigger back, what are you going to do?
View Quote

It shows in the video you move the selector to semi it will not fire releasing the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:24:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By M4Tank:

It shows in the video you move the selector to semi it will not fire releasing the trigger.
View All Quotes

Well why would we bother to watch the video or read the previous pages when we could just throw out some random BS statement? I mean this is Arfcom isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Do you even video or read bro?

That aside, practice with the trigger so that you operate it properly.

All boils down to training.  I've got buddies I'd feel safe with operating an AR with one of these in it standing next to me, and I've met & seen people that scare me with standard triggers and general lack of safe handling discipline and firearms safety.

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 10:33:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ns66] [#37]

View All Quotes

in the field most likely the operator will forget and just release the trigger, it's so counter intuitive
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#38]

in the field most likely the operator will forget and just release the trigger, it's so counter intuitive
View All Quotes

If you are shooting and holding back the trigger, why would you be in the double tap position?  That is what middle position is for (aimed single fire target shooting with follow through)  And if you are in the third position, and they call cease fire, before the word "fire" passes their lips, you would have released the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 3:52:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
With the ROFs seen with the bumpfires, I don't think this trigger would be necessary.  In fact, it would probably cause too much hammer follow like you say.
View Quote

Careful double taps with this is more interesting and useful to me than bump firing with the whole f-ing gun reciprocating in my hands.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 4:13:46 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Well I have to imagine that most people are going to go quick bursts, with the trigger in the 3rd position anyway, not fire and hold the trigger indefinitely. Beside, there is a video that SHOWS you what to do if you need to take it out of the 3rd position mode when you are already holding the trigger down. You simply flip the safety back to semi or safe and it doesn't release that second shot.

This setup seems safe to me IF you have a good understanding of how it works and what your backstop is.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#41]
It's not hard to time yourself.  I can nearly do M3 ROF with a regular trigger (at least for 1 magazine).  I think it would be fairly common for people to get 800 to 900RPM with a fire on pull/fire on release design.  That's still not quite as fast as this semi auto:
http://youtu.be/VX8hSupbHcM

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GriswoldGuns:
Need to see Jerry Miculek do a side by side with normal trigger before I form any hard opinions. If he can make it shoot like an mg42, then I could maybe get M3 (greasegun) like rof. No practical value, could be fun with a .22 upper and tracers
It's not hard to time yourself.  I can nearly do M3 ROF with a regular trigger (at least for 1 magazine).  I think it would be fairly common for people to get 800 to 900RPM with a fire on pull/fire on release design.  That's still not quite as fast as this semi auto:

Dude stop posting your dumb bump fire comparing it to normal operatating guns. You can only bump fire controllably prone or benched so it has no play vs discussions over triggers.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Careful double taps with this is more interesting and useful to me than bump firing with the whole f-ing gun reciprocating in my hands.
View All Quotes

When I say "I don't think this trigger would be necessary," I was addressing the person I quoted, which was discussing bump fire weapons, not usefulness in general.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:
*fires more than one shot per trigger pull*

"Hurrdurr, isa masheengun!"

I doubt it gets approved.  
View Quote

Well the product only fires "one shot per trigger pull." It happens to fire another once released, which occurs after the trigger has been pulled, held, and released.

So it has a chance of being accepted. Hell the bumpfire was.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By Mike0341:
Well the product only fires "one shot per trigger pull." It happens to fire another once released, which occurs after the trigger has been pulled, held, and released.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mike0341:

Originally Posted By HighpowerRifleBrony:

*fires more than one shot per trigger pull*

"Hurrdurr, isa masheengun!"
I doubt it gets approved.  

Well, by the ATF's own definition, it's legal.

I have an idea..! Everyone should write them letters asking for opinion letters! :D
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#45]
I agree lmao. Everyone should send an email just in case
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#46]

When I say "I don't think this trigger would be necessary," I was addressing the person I quoted, which was discussing bump fire weapons, not usefulness in general.
View All Quotes

Yeah, I see that now.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#47]
In on 4. This would be amazing if it got approved
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By rtran:
Dude stop posting your dumb bump fire comparing it to normal operatating guns. You can only bump fire controllably prone or benched so it has no play vs discussions over triggers.
View All Quotes

Need to see Jerry Miculek do a side by side with normal trigger before I form any hard opinions. If he can make it shoot like an mg42, then I could maybe get M3 (greasegun) like rof. No practical value, could be fun with a .22 upper and tracers

You don't have to watch it.  My post was primarily about achievable ROF with semi auto triggers and how fast the average person would be able to cycle this trigger.  If you ever decide you want to try my dumb bump gun though, send me an IM. It's great fun, even if it does suffer controllability issues when not fired from the prone.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

It's not hard to time yourself. I can nearly do M3 ROF with a regular trigger (at least for 1 magazine). I think it would be fairly common for people to get 800 to 900RPM with a fire on pull/fire on release design. That's still not quite as fast as this semi auto:

And from what positions do you typically want to engage people with an automatic weapon that is designed for a support role?  From the standing?
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Update from Franklin on their facebook page:

"Recently we received a response from the ATF regarding our Binary Firing System. The ATF Firearms Technology Branch thoroughly evaluated the trigger and affirmed that the concept of a "pull-release" design is congruent with a semiautomatic definition. However, the FTB staff have required that we make one change to the design. This change has already been made, and a sample will be shipped to the ATF-FTB in the very near future. We hope that the secondary review doesn't take another 90 days, but we look forward to informing everyone as we progress on this long awaited product."

Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top