Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 60
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:

FYI, Just got my shipping confirmation on the Drop-In I ordered on 12/17.
View Quote
No shipping notice for me and I ordered on the 16th

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By GunSafe:

Yes it is
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TacticalDeletion:
Is that the ARC buffer?

Originally Posted By Kuraki:

Ill post the results here. The only thing I would worried about with reducing the buffer weight is getting bolt bounce. I think 9mm is going to be interesting to work with tuning the rifle for optimum fast fire.

I think you're right.  I'm drawing up a roller delayed upper.  There's a guy on Weapons Guild who built a receiver plate that essentially turned an MP5 upper into an AR upper, (to use on his registered machine gun) and that was pretty sweet too.

Bolt bounce is a little bit of a worry for me on the 300 blackout. This afternoon I was screwing around with the buffer weights and these are the two I'm going to use.

The first is a standard carbine weight buffer 3.1 ounces. The photo shows the total weight with the bcg. Very light!
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151227_143351_zpshjkrpadd.jpg

The second is an H1 weight. I used one of the FA buffer steel weights which is lighter than any of my other steel weights.I placed a tungsten weight at the rear of the buffer and the FA steel weight at the front.
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a437/mark356/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20151227_143417_zpst0ulsfkb.jpg

My hope is that the tungsten weigh being at the rear will stop any bolt bounce but still tune the rifle to fire very fast like your setup. What do you think?

Yes it is

so that allows you to run the LWRC compact stock or similar w/ a normal bolt shaped/sized carrier???  This is very interesting...
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Squawk1200:
Do any of you BFS owners own or have access to a Sig MPX 9mm?  It would be interesting to know if or how well this trigger would run on that platform.  It sounds like other aftermarket AR triggers run fine in the MPX.  
View Quote

did not know the mpx took ar FCG.   The mpx is the pistol cal gun right??  This is very interesting as this might be s better solution than a blow back AR.   I would love a bianary 9mm, but I hate blocback 9mm ARs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 4:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalDeletion] [#4]
Talked to the lead armorer at FA a few days ago. He was prompt, informative, and helpful. He was completely forthcoming to answer any and all questions I put forth. Not cryptic at all, which I like, especially when a company is marketing you some high-dollar item that's purported to do this or that...

Some of the questions I asked pertained to:
o ST safeties (no-go) - too much unique geometry to each side of the safety selector.
o Various lever offerings (no-go, for now)- he implied other companies may partner up to make a compatible lever, but they have no plans or ambitions to offer various levers at this time (seems like a mistake)
o Shims - they go in a pocket on the bottom, created for that purpose alone.
o Cut springs - absolutely no modification to their rifles, he said they're just using stock everything, period. Not fine-tuned or trick-shotted to get good performance. Acknowleged average person's capability to outrun carrier with standardized bcg's
o Shipping - he stated that shipping will begin mid-Jan on stand-alone trigger units. There is a good backlog building up though
o No modifications of any kind to trigger planned at present (although I was intrigued to see [in this forum] they were going to look into that plunger that puts resistance on the smooth pull) - when I asked him how far we were from the first, second, third, etc redesigns. I hate beta testing stuff to then see it $150 cheaper and on Rev III within 6 months. All the while having to send my shit back in, etc.

o Forgot to ask him about a flat blade trigger

To Fo or not to Fo...
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 4:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turtlesniper] [#5]
I ordered mine 12/16 as a stand alone order ends in 685 i have shipping and tracking says it will be here thursday.
Im putting it in a glock qc10 9mm with a mvb arc stock 4.5 barrel and a form1 6 inch can total over all length collapsed at 21.75
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Got my shipping notice! Got an orange spring on the way and an aluminum carrier showed up today!
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]
so that allows you to run the LWRC compact stock or similar w/ a normal bolt shaped/sized carrier???  This is very interesting...
View Quote

You can run any carrier you want with the MVB stock. The buffer just slides into the end of the carriers. Its a weird little thing but it works great with all my carriers. It uses normal weights so changing those around is easy
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By onealphay2k:
FYI, Just got my shipping confirmation on the Drop-In I ordered on 12/17.

I got a shipping notice today too! It was for the first one I ordered. I have ordered two. I wonder if they will send them together.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By kenndogg:
What is the trigger pull weight in either mode?
View Quote

I was able to test the trigger weight today.
In semi auto mode it was 6.0 lbs
In binary mode it was 5.0 lbs on the first pull. I could not get a measurement for the release pull because his gauge would not go negative.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 9:57:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunSafe] [#10]
double tap
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:00:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunSafe] [#11]
At the range today I took a video of the two different buffers I wanted to test with the V Seven Ti BCG in order to see which one would work best for 300 blackout. I think the optimal weight range of BCG and buffer for 300 blackout is 10.7 oz  or maybe even 11 oz. I had two failures which had prime strikes with the H1 buffer. I did not have any problems with the carbine buffer but I did have the BUD engage once.  I ran out of ammo and I also had one guy come over and ask me if I was shooting full auto..lol

BFS trigger tuning for 300 blackout
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#12]
At the range today I took a video of the two different buffers I wanted to test with the V Seven Ti BCG in order to see which one would work best for 300 blackout. I think the optimal weight range of BCG and buffer for 300 blackout is 10.7 oz  or maybe even 11 oz. I had two failures which had prime strikes with the H1 buffer. I did not have any problems with the carbine buffer but I did have the BUD engage once.  I ran out of ammo and I also had one guy come over and ask me if I was shooting full auto..lol

View Quote

Nice! That thing ran awesome in my opinion. Out of 2 mags you had, what, 4 bad hits?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By xtreme762:

Nice! That thing ran awesome in my opinion. Out of 2 mags you had, what, 4 bad hits?
View All Quotes

The 11.4 oz combined carrier and buffer had the two bad hits but the 10.7 oz had none. I think blackout is going to be tuned differently from a 556 in the BFS trigger. From my test I think optimal is 10.7 oz for blackout.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#14]

You can run any carrier you want with the MVB stock. The buffer just slides into the end of the carriers. Its a weird little thing but it works great with all my carriers. It uses normal weights so changing those around is easy
View All Quotes

wow, even utilizes standard OD buffer weights?   Does it use normal action springs too?  effin brilliant.

This is making me rethink my plan to get a law tac folder.  Does that buffer work w/ any of the other PDW stock type receiver extensions?  

Thx
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my shipping notice! Got an orange spring on the way and an aluminum carrier showed up today!
View Quote

which carrier??
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By JSmithXYY:
which carrier??
View All Quotes

which carrier??
It's a limited run, I was given one for durability testing. Very nice part but I can't say the company at this point.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#17]
It's a limited run, I was given one for durability testing. Very nice part but I can't say the company at this point.  
View All Quotes

which carrier??

okay.  cool.  Does it have some sort of experimental hopefully wear resistent finish on it??
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

You got some nice RPM with the 10.7!
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:07:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jaqufrost] [#19]

okay.  cool.  Does it have some sort of experimental hopefully wear resistent finish on it??

View All Quotes

which carrier??

Type III hard coat anodizing and a coating of micro slick.

The interior isn't cut as wide, so I'm hoping it will work with the BFS. If not I'll put it in a BumpSAW.

ETA:

Weight is 4.7oz with the gas key.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:07:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GunSafe] [#20]

wow, even utilizes standard OD buffer weights?   Does it use normal action springs too?  effin brilliant.

This is making me rethink my plan to get a law tac folder.  Does that buffer work w/ any of the other PDW stock type receiver extensions?  

Thx
View All Quotes

Thx

All weights will work in the buffer. I've switched out several playing with this trigger and other things not related to the BFS. The MVB arc stock does not use  a normal buffer spring. It uses a dual spring setup that is proprietary. I think they had to use the dual setup because they shortened the buffer tube. I'm not sure about the buffer working with other PDW stocks. I would think that MVB industries has it patented technology. The stock is a little short and I had to move the red dot forward on the rifle in order to get a good cheek weld on the buffer. However its a tiny little rifle that's good for HD imo.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:15:16 AM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Thanks, that is why I'm thinking it might be optimal for blackout. I would have to experiment more before I would know for sure. It was funny because right after I shot the second mag a guy appeared from one of the other range and asked if it was full auto. I thought i was in trouble but he had a suppressed sterling be was wanting to shoot. I got to see it rock n roll. Then an interesting conversation on the BFS trigger started.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:21:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fedele] [#22]
I wonder if this trigger will work well with a Spikes Lightened BCG. Is anyone getting it installed by Franklin Armory or will you all mostly do it yourselves?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:24:32 AM EDT
[#23]

View Quote
Great video, really interesting how much 1oz can change things.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:25:34 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By Fedele:

I wonder if this trigger will work well with a Spikes Lightened BCG.
View Quote
They really didn't take much weight off of those, it's more of an aesthetic mod IMO.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:50:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JSmithXYY] [#25]
They really didn't take much weight off of those, it's more of an aesthetic mod IMO.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fedele:
I wonder if this trigger will work well with a Spikes Lightened BCG.

yep.  Do the JP or the Aim if you want a steel low mass carrier.   That Aim surplus carreir is a helluva deal.  Don't sweat the F/A serrations.  F/A use in clearing stopages is dangerous.  Only good for chamber checks maybe.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:56:03 AM EDT
[#26]

The interior isn't cut as wide, so I'm hoping it will work with the BFS. If not I'll put it in a BumpSAW.

ETA:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=83860

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=83861

View All Quotes

which carrier??

ETA:

It's going to be interesting to see it run. Are you going to run it as light as possible? What's your plan?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:31:23 AM EDT
[#27]

ETA:

View All Quotes

which carrier??

ETA:

Interesting.

What type of aluminum is it made from?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#28]
7075T6
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#29]

It's going to be interesting to see it run. Are you going to run it as light as possible? What's your plan?
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By jaqufrost snip

ETA:

Current plan is a standard carbine buffer, orange spring, aluminum carrier, AIM BAK-UP bolt on a 10.5" 1:6 twist barrel I have laying around.

I will also bring Tubb flatwire spring, Tubb 308 spring, Armalite 308 spring, DPMS 308 spring, standard carbine spring, AIM LW BCG, and an H buffer.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Current plan is a standard carbine buffer, orange spring, aluminum carrier, AIM BAK-UP bolt on a 10.5" 1:6 twist barrel I have laying around.  

I will also bring Tubb flatwire spring, Tubb 308 spring, Armalite 308 spring, DPMS 308 spring, standard carbine spring, AIM LW BCG, and an H buffer.
View All Quotes

ETA:

1:6 twist? Whats that all about?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#31]
I sure would like to see high speed video with a standard carbine buffer and an aluminum carrier because see if that completely eliminates bolt bounce. Hell that even might be more  weights in as needed. I suspect with that aluminum carrier in an orange spring you are going to be running at around 1500 rounds per minute.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I would be curious to hear how it is that these things would do well with nine millimeter since nine millimeter stuff has to be so freaking heavy andit is not going to be able to be moving fast on both the ejection and chambering strokes. you might do one or the other but a nine millimeter blowback is going to run best moving relatively slowly in both the going into and coming out of battery.

also can someone explain why a nine millimeter does not use moving buffers? I guess the buffer stack could allow premature opening of the action depending on their position?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

ETA:

Experimental twist rate barrel. There was a handful of us that tested various barrels for Green Mountain barrels here on ARFCOM.

Look here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_660/256652____Official_Green_Mountain_Barrel_Thread___.html
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Muad:

Experimental twist rate barrel. There was a handful of us that tested various barrels for Green Mountain barrels here on ARFCOM.

Look here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_660/256652____Official_Green_Mountain_Barrel_Thread___.html
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Muad:

ETA:

Nice. I'll read the whole thread later. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#35]

I sure would like to see high speed video with a standard carbine buffer and an aluminum carrier because see if that completely eliminates bolt bounce. Hell that even might be more  weights in as needed. I suspect with that aluminum carrier in an orange spring you are going to be running at around 1500 rounds per minute.
View Quote
Yeah, I wish I had a high speed camera. It would really come in handy with aome of my projects.  I may throw an H3 and 9mm buffer in my bag to slow it down if needed.

As MUAD pointed out, the 1:6 barrels are from Green Mountain and were part of some testing we did for him.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:20:41 PM EDT
[#36]
I would be curious to hear how it is that these things would do well with nine millimeter since nine millimeter stuff has to be so freaking heavy andit is not going to be able to be moving fast on both the ejection and chambering strokes. you might do one or the other but a nine millimeter blowback is going to run best moving relatively slowly in both the going into and coming out of battery.

also can someone explain why a nine millimeter does not use moving buffers? I guess the buffer stack could allow premature opening of the action depending on their position?
View Quote

I'm planning on putting the next trigger in a 9 mm qc10 build. I know I'm going to have to file the housing in order to get it to fit. I hope i can be successful in a balance between the wt and performance without have problems. I have never taken my yhm 9mm buffer apart , now after you mentioned it I'm going to have to..
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Just got my drop in and they must have made some changes it cis perfect in my quarter circle lower . It looks like the front of the housings are radiused now
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Turtlesniper:
Just got my drop in and they must have made some changes it cis perfect in my quarter circle lower . It looks like the front of the housings are radiused now
View Quote

Can you post a pic?  Mine is radiused in the front.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:17:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunSafe] [#39]
Originally Posted By Medicfrost:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Medicfrost:

Yes please post a pic. I'm interested to see it. Mine is radiused too but it might be different. Since minecwill not fit in my QC 10 lowers without a mod.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:44:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turtlesniper] [#40]

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:52:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turtlesniper] [#41]
Did the pictures come through. And to hell with putting the ambi side of the safty on im having to much fun switching the trigger around in lowers
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:03:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GunSafe] [#42]
I do not see any change from the one I got in my FA lower. Am I missing something? Thanks for posting the pics. I wonder why yours fits prefect but I can not get the current one I have to fit ,without a mod,  in either of my qc10 lowers.

Keep us updated on your tuning to get it to run faster.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turtlesniper] [#43]
Could it be that quarter circle changed there trigger cutout?

My number is in the high 1300
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:14:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turtlesniper] [#44]
By the way there are shim pockets on the bottom and it comes with pull and peel shims

I have not used them yet because im playing musical chairs but when i leave it in a lower for good i will
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:20:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turtlesniper] [#45]
I done about 100 rounds so far and what ive notice is you will have no problem with the secondary diconecter as long as you let completely off the trigger on the forward stroke

So the baest way to do this trigger in bionary seems to be by slapping it (shooting it like you have no clue what a reset is)
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Could it be that quarter circle changed there trigger cutout?

My number is in the high 1300
View Quote

Could be. I purchased the two lowers when they first started and there serial numbers are in the first hundred. Once I get the other BFS trigger I'll know for sure.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:32:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turtlesniper] [#47]
New discovery. There is a slot machined beside the secondary disconecter (it what causes the disconecter to gao back) put some grease on a toothpick and put it in the slot it smooths things out alot

So much so that releasing it if it does get hung is not much more than a regular trigger pull weight
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#48]
New discovery. There is a slot machined beside the secondary disconecter (it what causes the disconecter to gao back) put some grease on a toothpick and put it in the slot it smooths things out alot

So much so that releasing it if it does get hung is not much more than a regular trigger pull weight
View Quote

You jailbroke your trigger.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:37:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Turtlesniper] [#49]
On my gauge the secondary is actually 1/2 bound lighter than the regular trigger pull now

I hate that i cant leave well enough alone

Btw im using the grease that came with my ss-e trigger
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#50]
On my gauge the secondary is actually 1/2 bound lighter than the regular trigger pull now

I hate that i cant leave well enough alone

Btw im using the grease that came with my ss-e trigger
View Quote

I measured 6 lbs on semi pull and 5 lbs on binary mode first pull. I oiled up the pack really well and it helped break it in better.
Page / 60
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top