Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 11:16:18 PM EDT
So I have a chance to buy a NIB Daniel Defense V7 M4 Lightweight for 1,091.00 plus 5 mags. I need to make my decision by Monday if I'm going to get it. The problem is a really don't need it but it seems like such a good deal to pass up. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
If you need a rifle, its a decent deal.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Good deal. I paid $1200 for mine and I'm very happy with it
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a helluva deal for a DD. V7 MSRPs for almost $1600 and you're getting it for Colt money.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:14:23 AM EDT
[#4]
What magazines does it come with? I would say go for it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a killer deal. Best I've seen a factory new V7 for was around $1125 shipped, and that wasn't with 5 mags - just the 1 mag the rifle ships with from the factory.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:28:38 AM EDT
[#6]
As long as you can afford it financially and it doesn't put you under any burden, then go for it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:58:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Wish I had the cash, I'd buy one for sure
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:11:09 AM EDT
[#8]
My DDM4V7 LW . Not so LW these days

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Do it. Love my DD
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dont NEED another rifle but would really LIKE another one lol

Quoted:
What magazines does it come with? I would say go for it.

Pmags

Quoted:
As long as you can afford it financially and it doesn't put you under any burden, then go for it.

Wouldnt be a burden but I did just buy an ACOG for my bushmaster, although if I do buy this the acog will be going on it.

Looks good! My plan is too keep mine light, just a angled forgrip and an ACOG

This just seems like the type of deal I'm going to regret if I dont take it, I may have to pull the trigger on it. Originally I wanted the standard version but it seems theres no real reason not to go with a lightweight barrel and figure it will be better for off-hand shooting.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 3:41:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Pulled the trigger on the deal. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and im happy with it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 10:44:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pulled the trigger on the deal. Hopefully it all goes smoothly and im happy with it.
View Quote

Congratulations! Daniel Defense makes fine rifles that will serve you well for many years to come. Pics are required when you receive it.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Da fuq? it's a great deal
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#14]
It's a decent deal, if you like that hand guard.

I bought a V5 from Bud's back in the summer for $1050 shipped and it came with $150 credit to DD for free that paid for a set of DD fixed sights.

THAT was an awesome deal.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#15]
So the deal seems to be off now. The only reason I was going to buy the rifle is I am an NRA instructor and got an E-mail from the NRA about DD offering 30% off to NRA instructors. I took a look at their website and they were also offering a promotion of 5 free mags with the purchase of a rifle. After completing the check out I filled out the form for the mags and wanted to make sure I received 30 round mags since I live in Mass but in August a new law was passed exempting LEOs from the AR ban and hi cap mag ban. I sent them a PDF file with the new law and a link to the law on the mass website along with my credentials. Still they said they wont send hi caps to Mass, even though its 100% legal for me to have them. So I said to just send the mags with the rifle to the FFL then. They said that they cant send the mags with the rifle because they are part of a promotion and entered in a different data base. So they would rather pay to ship two separate boxes rather than send everything in one box. So basically they are willing to lose a sale over 5 magazines. I am expecting a call tomorrow from a supervisor and we will see if they can make good on it or not.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Seems a good deal even without the mags.  But maybe you and the supervisor can work out something, some kind of work-around.   I am very fond of that modular rail.  Even though it is proprietary, neither KeyMod or new MLOK, it has performed flawlessly for me and is rock solid.  Smooth, slim, easy to set up the mini-rails, only where you want, if at all.   Nicely balances a carbine.  I hope you are able to get it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Seems a good deal even without the mags.  But maybe you and the supervisor can work out something, some kind of work-around.   I am very fond of that modular rail.  Even though it is proprietary, neither KeyMod or new MLOK, it has performed flawlessly for me and is rock solid.  Smooth, slim, easy to set up the mini-rails, only where you want, if at all.   Nicely balances a carbine.  I hope you are able to get it.
View Quote

I agree its a good deal without the mags. I mean they would send 10 rounders if I wanted them too but at this point for me its about principal. I can live without the gun. I just dont like how this has been handle especially when I know what the laws are.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Its 50 bucks worth of pmags when youre saving hundreds on the rifle. Buy the rifle regardless of the mag situation. I dont see how this is a dealbreaker. If you already have a bushy then you probably already have some mags to get you by until you buy more
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Its just the principal of them not doing the right thing here. I know the customer isnt always right but in this case im right with the paper work to prove it and they dont seem to care. Even if they dont want to ship me the mags directly its absurd that they wont ship them with the rifle because they are a promotional item, I mean as a business stand point it makes more sense to ship one package than two.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:06:58 PM EDT
[#20]
The cheapest in my area has been $1300
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:35:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Its just the principal of them not doing the right thing here. I know the customer isnt always right but in this case im right with the paper work to prove it and they dont seem to care. Even if they dont want to ship me the mags directly its absurd that they wont ship them with the rifle because they are a promotional item, I mean as a business stand point it makes more sense to ship one package than two.
View Quote

Blame your state and respect DD's honest fear of getting crossed up with them.  Don't blamed DD.  Manufacturers are gun shy, forgive the bad pun, about getting prosecuted, even if they and you are right.  Cost of defense would be enormous.  Hopefully they can work out something, like giving you a credit to purchase mags from an out of state dealer and you can pick them up across the state line.

My state has restriction on shipping wine from out of state.  Some wineries will do it anyway, others will not.  The US Constitution's Commerce Clause makes those shipping restrictions illegal, but most wineries do not want to risk the expense to fight this.

Buy the gun, vote your lawmakers out of office.  It is not DD's fault.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:52:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its just the principal of them not doing the right thing here. I know the customer isnt always right but in this case im right with the paper work to prove it and thenothing seem to care. Even if they dont want to ship me the mags directly its absurd that they wont ship them with the rifle because they are a promotional item, I mean as a business stand point it makes more sense to ship one package than two.
View Quote

Blame your state and respect DD's honest fear of getting crossed up with them.  Don't blamed DD.  Manufacturers are gun shy, forgive the bad pun, about getting prosecuted, even if they and you are right.  Cost of defense would be enormous.  Hopefully they can work out something, like giving you a credit to purchase mags from an out of state dealer and you can pick them up across the state line.

My state has restriction on shipping wine from out of state.  Some wineries will do it anyway, others will not.  The US Constitution's Commerce Clause makes those shipping restrictions illegal, but most wineries do not want to risk the expense to fight this.

Buy the gun, vote your lawmakers out of office.  It is not DD's fault.
View Quote

Trust me I understand if they dont want to ship me the mags but the point is that they have no problem shipping the rifle and the one 30 rounder it comes with to my FFL. So why is it so hard for them to put the 5 free mags in the box with the rifle? It just sounds silly to me, it has nothing to do with any laws and just some odd policy DD has with promotional items not being shipped together with the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Just to update anyone who cares, another strike for Daniel Defenses customer service. The sales rep assured me twice today that her supervisor would be giving me a call today. Its now 8PM and no call, clearly they do not care much for customer service. Worst part is I got my credit card statement today and already have been charged for the rifle that I'm not even sure if I'm going to be getting.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#24]
I would love for the outcome of this to be that they don't believe that you as an LEO in a ban state should be able to have something a private citizen can't.

That would make my year and I would go buy another DD rifle immediately.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 11:17:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would love for the outcome of this to be that they don't believe that you as an LEO in a ban state should be able to have something a private citizen can't.

That would make my year and I would go buy another DD rifle immediately.
View Quote

If that's the case I have no problem and will bring my money else where. I wish my state would repeal the AR and high cap ban for all private citizens that are legally licensed to own firearms but that's not the case and that's not something I can change. However the state did pass Bill 4376 that exempts law enforcement officers from both the AR and high cap ban.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top