Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 7:39:57 PM EDT
I want to order a BCM upper and have read as much as I can but i need a little help deciding.

What is the difference between
BCM Standard 16" Mid Length (ENHANCED Light Weight) Upper Receiver Group w/ BCM KMR 15" Handguard

and

BCM BFH 16" Mid Length (Light Weight) Upper Receiver Group w/ BCM KMR 15" Handguard

Is it only the hammer forged barrel?  Is this worth the extra cost?  What is the enhanced lightweight difference as I don't see weights provided?  Lastly, will they come out with ELW hammer forged barrels?  

I know I want a 16" barrel with a 15" handguard and after looking at DD offerings I have decided to go with BCM.  I appreciate any assistance you could provide.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to order a BCM upper and have read as much as I can but i need a little help deciding.

BCM Standard 16" Mid Length (ENHANCED Light Weight) Upper Receiver Group w/ BCM KMR 15" Handguard

and

BCM BFH 16" Mid Length (Light Weight) Upper Receiver Group w/ BCM KMR 15" Handguard

Is it only the hammer forged barrel?  Is this worth the extra cost?  What is the enhanced lightweight difference as I don't see weights provided?  Lastly, will they come out with ELW hammer forged barrels?  

I know I want a 16" barrel with a 15" handguard and after looking at DD offerings I have decided to go with BCM.  I appreciate any assistance you could provide.

Thanks!

View Quote

ELW is a BCM Exclusive Design (only offered in the standard, cut rifled, chrome lined chrome, chambered barrel groups)

Continuous taper designed for optimal weight, balance, and performance on a semi automatic carbine.

Heavier profile toward the rear near chamber area.

Thinner tapered profile out front.

No sharp handguard cap shoulder for improved barrel harmonics.

Please note for gas block selection, barrel journal measures .625"
Approximate Weight: 1lb 6oz.

Fluted version is approximately .5 oz lighter
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:22:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ELW is a BCM Exclusive Design (only offered in the standard, cut rifled, chrome lined chrome, chambered barrel groups)

Continuous taper designed for optimal weight, balance, and performance on a semi automatic carbine.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

and

Thanks!

This all the info you need in one post.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Just when I think I have everything I need, BCM goes and does this.

I mean !
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Are they ever going to release a 14.5" midlength BFH Enhanced Lightweight Fluted? Realize they have the standard version already; I'm specifically asking about the Hammer Forged barrel.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:45:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Are they ever going to release a 14.5" midlength BFH Enhanced Lightweight Fluted? Realize they have the standard version already; I'm specifically asking about the Hammer Forged barrel.
View Quote

The BFH versions were supposed to be released this summer, that didn't happen. Bcm is giving no eta for when they will be released.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top