Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 12:27:56 PM EDT
Over the past 2 months I have ordered the Seekins iRMT-R Upper, the SP223 (no logo) lower, and the 7" MCSR V2 Mod Rail.  After spending almost $800 for the set I was a bit let down as none of the finishes matched at all.  The handguard and the lower were actually a pretty close match in a satin black, but the upper is a completely flat black almost a dark gray and looks very out of place.  When I go on google and just search for Seekins products and see these components in pictures the finishes always match in a nice satin black.  In these pics have they been touched up or do people really spend $800+ on a billet set just to re-finish it in a different black?

Has anyone else had this problem, part of me is thinking, maybe the lower and the handguard I got were brand new as in recently made, and maybe the upper I got was an old stock that had fallen back behind something and was from a couple years ago or something to that effect.  Just trying to make since of this, I have had $150 forged sets that match perfectly so I would only expect an $800 set to match as well.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:07:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you called them?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#2]
You can anodize a group of lowers all together and they can vary in color.  This is extremely common that anodized parts will vary in color texture and shade.  It is very hard if not impossible to get different parts to match perfect.

FDE is even worse then black.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Cerakote the bitches.

I too have the SP223, the longest MCSR rail and the billet upper from seekins and I plan on getting them and a buffer tube burnt bronze.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#4]
When I ordered a SP223 lower, IRMT upper and MCSR hand guard, the hand guard was considerably flatter in color than the other two.  I was going to cerakote them anyway so I didn't care.  I'm not real picky about that kind of stuff, but it was bothersome enough that I would have sent it rail back if I wasn't cerakoting it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you oil all the parts?  An anodized part thats dry will appear to be a different shade than when its oiled.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:09:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did you oil all the parts?  An anodized part thats dry will appear to be a different shade than when its oiled.
View Quote

^This.  Once you slap some oil on them they should match up nicely
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top