Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2014 12:24:36 AM EDT
As a lefty I put these on all ARs, but I hate paying $90 for it and they disappear from the EE in minutes.  So I was excited to see them on sale for $70 at DSG  Not a DSG employee, just a good deal on something that is never on sale.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:28:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I run Norgons on all my ARs. One of the best mods a lefty can run.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:34:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm righty and I use them
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Sadly the troy was the only one that worked on my lower for some reason
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I am a fan of the Troy ambi mag release, but I am not giving them any more of my moneyuntil they fix their issues.  Does the Norgon work with Pmags?  I heard it didn't, but that was a while ago.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:09:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am a fan of the Troy ambi mag release, but I am not giving them any more of my moneyuntil they fix their issues.  Does the Norgon work with Pmags?  I heard it didn't, but that was a while ago.
View Quote
Works fine with PMags. The KAC ambi is nice too.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:31:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 4 or 5 of them and they all work with PMAGS just fine, even the one on my 308 AR.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 1:34:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a lefty I put these on all ARs, but I hate paying $90 for it and they disappear from the EE in minutes.  So I was excited to see them on sale for $70 at DSG  Not a DSG employee, just a good deal on something that is never on sale.
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. I've had one on my "want list"...actually it was the last thing to finish off a build, but the $90 price tag always seemed a bit ridiculous. $70 is still a bit much BUT much better
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:20:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I started out with two on clone Canadian Diemaco C7A2 and C8 FTHB carbine, then started to use them on all my builds, when I can get them reasonably.  For what little piece of metal they are, certainly are fricken expensive, gold plated or something.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#10]
good topic OP, I have been meaning to ask about the Norgon.  I'm eye balling one for the current build I'm working on.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:04:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a couple Norgon's but I prefer the Troy version.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Mine is nice and works as it should. I never use it unless I force myself to in drills, but never have to worry that it's going to stick.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 9:11:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Norgon worked on my aero precision 308 lower, troy didn't just fyi
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I started out with two on clone Canadian Diemaco C7A2 and C8 FTHB carbine, then started to use them on all my builds, when I can get them reasonably.  For what little piece of metal they are, certainly are fricken expensive, gold plated or something.
View Quote
Start adding BAD-ASS selectors and Raptor charging handles to lessen the pain.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The gold-plated PRI Gasbuster Handle:  

No problems with PMags, even the Fo'ty hangs ok on the Norgon. For transitioning both sides of barricade or doorways, its convenient, along with ambi selector and at a minimum, install the PRI Military Latch on your stock charging handle.  I like it better than the Diemaco ambi charging handle that catches every single piece of webbing withing a 1 meter radius.

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:46:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I too am a lefty I used to add all that stuff until I just bought an ambi lower, they work much better in my opinion.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm righty and I use them
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I too am a lefty I used to add all that stuff until I just bought an ambi lower, they work much better in my opinion.
View Quote

What is different/better about an ambi lower than a regular one with a left sided mag release and ambi safety?  I know they also have a right sided bolt catch release, but as a lefty I use my trigger finger.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Best ambi mag release available. I have them on all of my non-KAC rifles.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I just installed mine...great product, until I installed the BAD lever which I won't get rid of. Maybe it's my sausage fingers but it's extremely difficult to press the Norgon while gripping the rifle left handed and even using a right handed grip and attempting to press the lever while pulling the mag with my left hand is tough.

I did some reading on whether the Norgon would play well with the BAD lever and as far as I remember there weren't any issues? Oh well...at least it looks cool
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Just installed one on a Mega ambi lower and it works great and has no problems with pmags.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Is the button just hard to push or is because of the position?  If it's just hard, try unscrewing it 1-2 turns to lessen the tension.  Are you left handed? If so why do you need the BAD lever? I can just hit the bolt release with my trigger finger.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm a lefty and I have Troys on my fun guns, and norgans on my clones beacuse they are issued, and look like the original.

Why does everyone hate on Troy now? I think it is much easier to hit than the norgan, and is a bit lighter / faster being that it levers on the receiver. It would be easier to reach and hit around your BAD lever (which is right handed crap and should be taken off).

Personally I think the KAC looks like junk, I'm sure it works but it looks super bulky.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Is the button just hard to push or is because of the position?  If it's just hard, try unscrewing it 1-2 turns to lessen the tension.  Are you left handed? If so why do you need the BAD lever? I can just hit the bolt release with my trigger finger.
View Quote

It's a bit firm and maybe loosening it up will help, but mainly the Norgon is hard to press because of its position in relation to the BAD lever. I'm right handed but do a fair amount of left handed shooting with my ARs which is why I wanted an ambi mag release. Everything else on my rifles are ambi(Raptor CH, safety levers, BAD lever) so I figured why not
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Most of the ARs I've built are set up with Norgons and ambi selectors so they are easier for my left handed friends to use.  I practice shooting left handed, ut not enought to be very good at it
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:15:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm a lefty and I have Troys on my fun guns, and norgans on my clones beacuse they are issued, and look like the original.

Why does everyone hate on Troy now? I think it is much easier to hit than the norgan, and is a bit lighter / faster being that it levers on the receiver. It would be easier to reach and hit around your BAD lever (which is right handed crap and should be taken off).

Personally I think the KAC looks like junk, I'm sure it works but it looks super bulky.
View Quote

Most people dislike Troy for reasons other than the quality of their products.  I do have one of their ambi mag releases that I bought before I found out about the Norgon and it works just as well.  Some don't like it because it is leveraging against the surface of the receiver and may wear on the finish.  I like the Norgon better mostly because it looks cleaner and more natural.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:25:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Just installed one of mines from the sale
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm building a .308.
It's my understanding all the AR15 lower parts will work with my .308 lower except front takedown pin, bolt hold open/release and mag release. Is the Norgon ambi long enough to  accommodate the wider mag well of the .308?

I have a .223 Rainier billet ambi lower I'm planning on buying the Norgon for as well.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm building a .308.
It's my understanding all the AR15 lower parts will work with my .308 lower except front takedown pin, bolt hold open/release and mag release. Is the Norgon ambi long enough to  accommodate the wider mag well of the .308?

I have a .223 Rainier billet ambi lower I'm planning on buying the Norgon for as well.
View Quote

It depends on the lower, it fits perfectly on my 308 Rainier lower.
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm building a .308.

PSA PA10 lower. Visibly wider at the mag well than an AR15 lower.

Link Posted: 11/3/2014 3:47:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm building a .308.

You are probably going to have to ask PSA, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.  I think people have had issues with them not being compatible with various parts.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top