Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2014 1:33:52 AM EDT
On a 18 inch rifle length AR barrel, how much distance is there between the front of the A2 FSB and the vertical face that the muzzle device tightens against?  I am trying to determine if a Surefire adapter that extends over the barrel will fit without interference with the FSB.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:15:44 AM EDT
[#1]

It's close, but should be doable. Might have to buzz the lug.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
About 2.5" is what it would come out to.  The FSB is typically 2" long from the handguard cap/shoulder and I recently built an 18" using a WOA with a rifle gas position.  The 1" gas block left 3.5" from the face to the shoulder of the threads, so figure 2.5" on a FSB type rifle.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Wow.  Very nicely done, Combat_Jack.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Not mine, I googled.

Mine is going together soon, and has an intermediate gas system, which is a first for me.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top