AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried a flat bow, but is was too inconsistent for me.  

Every pull felt different because my finger would be on a different spot on the face.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait until you try a SD3G.

He's not joking.  It's nicer than the ssa or the ssa-e. http://i.imgur.com/9LP5LNp.jpg
I tried a flat bow, but is was too inconsistent for me.  

Every pull felt different because my finger would be on a different spot on the face.

That's the same problem I am having with the SDE on my OBR and my groups suffer because of it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Nice hog! Any details on the hunt?

The SSA is probably my favorite do all trigger. It's the most versatile, all-in-one trigger Geissele offers. It does everything well, and if I had to chose just one trigger for all of my ARs, no matter their purpose, I'd choose the SSA.

Now, that's not to say I don't LOVE my Hi-speed NM DMR. For a hunting or precision rig, it's the cat's pajamas.

View Quote

Foggy, drizzly night in Texas, and we had left the blind just before sundown 30 minutes after the feeder threw.  We walked the 80 acre property through the set vehicle paths systematically walking up on various feeders throughout.  I'm PVS-14 mounted with my buddy as backup.  Coming around a corner at the end of our first walk-through, and I spot a group of hogs at the feeder facing the blind we originally left.  The pigs either heard or smelled us b/c no chance at seeing us.  We walked around the brushy bend, saw this one in a jog from the feeder to cover.  Hit him upper/front third.  He dropped immediately and rolled around.  three more shots shut him up.

It was the loudest, most active night I've had hunting in two years.  Going back around again we saw/heard at least two more groups of pigs totaling 20+.  Huge boars, sows, and piglets.  Couldn't get another clean shot as they were ducking in and out of the visible paths into treelines, and the fog/rain hampered my visibility making it too dangerous to track them.

Heading back a few more times in Oct. to down some more...
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:19:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Grab the trigger in the same place consistently, near the bottom seems to be the sweet spot for me. I have not had that issue at all..
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:49:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Between my Larue Black Gold, Geissele S3G, SSA, SSA-E, G2S, its hard to choose. However, if have to have only one, it would be the S3G.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Duty AR?  Read your department regulations and go from there.  I use a slightly heavier SSA in my duty weapon.  

Read up and see what your PD will allow you to use, as cops we both know department regulations don't always make sense, so sometimes we have to just go with what we are allowed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would the ssa be good for an all around duty/hunting ar? .

Duty AR?  Read your department regulations and go from there.  I use a slightly heavier SSA in my duty weapon.  

Read up and see what your PD will allow you to use, as cops we both know department regulations don't always make sense, so sometimes we have to just go with what we are allowed.

One department that I know of, issued A2 carbines as patrol rifles. The officers were not allowed to make any modifications to the carbines at all.
These rifles were issued without lights, and that is the way they are to stay.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yeah, I used my gritty stock DD trigger as my frame of reference for what is good.  The LMT is much better.  

The SSA makes them both feel like the other two are dragging a stick through a gravel tar pit.

I have KAC micros, Raptor CH, upgraded muzzle device...the SSA is the best upgrade by far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck. I've been happy with my lmt defender trigger. Ugh

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yeah, I used my gritty stock DD trigger as my frame of reference for what is good.  The LMT is much better.  

The SSA makes them both feel like the other two are dragging a stick through a gravel tar pit.

I have KAC micros, Raptor CH, upgraded muzzle device...the SSA is the best upgrade by far.

Weird. My DDM4 trigger coated in tw25 is the nicest "standard spec" AR trigger I've ever used.

I have 2 SSAs and love em. One in my SBR lower,  one in my DDM4. Moved the DDM4 trigger to my A2.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:50:47 AM EDT
[#7]
The DD trigger that came in my LPK once broke in became a pretty decent trigger. It's heavy but, pretty decent. That said, I ordered an SSA 5 minutes ago. $178 shipped. I've been trying to decide between the SSA and SSA-E for like 2 months. I finally decided I was going to order one of them this morning and the E was out of stock so.... SSA it is.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I did have one ND while raising a follow-up shot to target. Standing, I fired one foot below intended target at 50 yards due to the lighter pull. Some would say don't have the finger in the trigger guard, but either way be aware the pull is lighter.

I can see why some would say an SSA-E is too light for HD
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Where in tx?
Pm me and I have a lot of geisseles, suppressors and sbr's. I'll let you shoot
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#10]
All this talk about the SSA forced me to buy one. Thanks for the heads up about Trading Place Pawn and the coupon.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#11]

An SSA is the first upgrade I do on every AR that I own, the Second upgrade is throwing on a BADASS. That's just how I roll...

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:30:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I'm a curved bow, 2-stage guy.  Safe to say I'll never try it
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top