AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:58:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because I was there and bought the cheap 8620 bolts  for spares just in case.   Funny how I knew exactly what they were.  But I can see how you would be confused.  Don't be mad you got your dipstick caught in the chicken.  Your implication that they did this unscrupulously was unfair and wrong.  Now go make nice in the hen house. The bolts were 40 bucks btw.
View Quote

Right retard. You should spend more time reading and less time posting. Then not half as many people here will know about your genetic disability...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh no  name calling.   There is nothing lesser about someone with disabilities.  That you believe there is, speaks to your ignorance.  There is also nothing wrong with people getting educated at DeVry.  That is not my Alma Mater.  I don't look down those that try to better themselves.  You must be a real "gem" to hang out with.  Good Luck.

O.P.
Sorry for the total derail.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry about the angry children that have a habit of hijacking legitimate questions.  We understand that they have issues, unfortunately, its a waste of time for those who don't have such issues and who are interested in learning.

What you have is a metallurgical stress fracture and it has to do with an impurity in the steel.  It happens from time to time and is virtually impossible to avoid it due to the smelting process.

I would also suggest that you stick to c158 or 9130 bolts.  Both are very good and have very similar properties as I would caution against using bolts with harder materials as they are dissimilar (harder) then the barrel extension and can cause damage/premature wear of the extension itself.

It's just unfortunate that you got a bad one but fortunate that you got it from a company that stands by their products.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh no  name calling.   There is nothing lesser about someone with disabilities.  That you believe there is, speaks to your ignorance.  There is also nothing wrong with people getting educated at DeVry.  That is not my Alma Mater.  I don't look down those that try to better themselves.  You must be a real "gem" to hang out with.  Good Luck.

O.P.
View Quote

Your a total loser at life. Devry isn't too far off from my assessment of your intellectual/mental capacity is it??? I told you to PM  me if you had a problem instead of whoring up the OP's thread; but I figured you were a punk. The only thing you should concern yourself with is waiting until after the patron has stopped speaking to ask if they would like to SuperSize their order; as opposed to before they speak...  Now go back to your sisters basement and carry on...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your a total loser at life. Devry isn't too far off from my assessment of your intellectual/mental capacity is it??? I told you to PM  me if you had a problem instead of whoring up the OP's thread; but I figured you were a punk. The only thing you should concern yourself with is waiting until after the patron has stopped speaking to ask if they would like to SuperSize their order; as opposed to before they speak...  Now go back to your sisters basement and carry on...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

O.P.

I think you meant to say you're, and garbage and bought.    I guess I am the ignorant one here.   I like you.  I don't have to do anything to reveal your stupidity. Your turn.   Now you say something offensive and mean spirited.  I am finished.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:01:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think you meant to say you're, and garbage and bought.    I guess I am the ignorant one here.   I like you.  I don't have to do anything to reveal your stupidity. Your turn.   Now you say something offensive and mean spirited.  I am finished.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

O.P.

I didn't know Devry offered an English major there, Mr. Grammar Nazi... You started the name calling by the questioning of one's intellect via offering to teach me the proper use of the words "and", and "the." Then you make implications of poultry fucking. And now your feelings are all hurt because I point out your inadequacies at life in relation to education, academic capacity, and general socializing skills. That said, I like you too. Although we both have funny ways of showing it. I mean, your kinda funny. I'll give you that... Let's stop the purse swinging and get back to being humans again, OK? I wish you all the best. I sincerely do mean that bro.

Best regards,
JMREAGAN
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
*Get out popcorn and gets entertained at ppl insulting one another over AR15 bolts*

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:36:00 PM EDT
[#8]
It's gettin' mighty dusty in here
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Long read, has some good info sprinkled in the thread also

Glad nothing else was damaged or anyone was hurt. I have an aim bcg also I got the c158 hope it's gtg only have a few rounds through it. I'll be getting a couple spare bolts to add to my extra parts box.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Good point, defects will happen even with the best of parts. Something I learned over the years in industry. I recently got a bad bolt with a rifle kit from a well known distributor. The bolt locked up cambering a round on the SECOND round that went into the rifle. Oddly the first round went  in just find. I thought it was defective ammo until I got the thing taken apart and could look at every thing. I should have taken pictures it was a problem I hadn't see before. The chrome was worn off on one side of the bolt carrier (inside). Odd pattern. I swapped all the parts around and found that there was definitely a problem with the fit of the "Mil-spec" parts. Oddly each part on its own would work with other parts from different BCG's. It appears there was a tolerance stack problem and when these particular parts went together they just didn't work as a team. The supplier was very quick to replace the entire BCG.   New bolt and the rifle was just peachy.

Even the best of parts can have an occasional problem, its just how it is.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Good point, defects will happen even with the best of parts. Something I learned over the years in industry. I recently got a bad bolt with a rifle kit from a well known distributor. The bolt locked up cambering a round on the SECOND round that went into the rifle. Oddly the first round went  in just find. I thought it was defective ammo until I got the thing taken apart and could look at every thing. I should have taken pictures it was a problem I hadn't see before. The chrome was worn off on one side of the bolt carrier (inside). Odd pattern. I swapped all the parts around and found that there was definitely a problem with the fit of the "Mil-spec" parts. Oddly each part on its own would work with other parts from different BCG's. It appears there was a tolerance stack problem and when these particular parts went together they just didn't work as a team. The supplier was very quick to replace the entire BCG.   New bolt and the rifle was just peachy.

Even the best of parts can have an occasional problem, its just how it is.
View Quote

well said!

basically shit can happen to the best of products.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I had one split in half at the cam pin midway through the third stage of the FB3G several years ago.  I was in a squad with a couple guys from Sabre Defense and they hooked me up with a spare to finish the day with.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:02:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Received the replacement bolt in the mail yesterday and even found a voicemail on my phone from Rainier apologizing for the failure. Ridiculously nice people there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top