Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 656 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 3:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR-Ryan21] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sbye:
So what does everyone think...

After the Arms Unlimited debacle I ended up ordering a RC2 from Silencer Shop. Now after about a month of searching. I finally found a shop that has a regular RC in stock.

I was planning to use this money towards a PVS14 if I couldn't find an RC in stock. I'm leaning towards buying it since I'm not sure if/when I will be able to find one again. Or should I save the money and put it towards night vision since I have a RC2 on the way...?
View Quote

I'd go the NV route for sure if it were me. The RC2 looks the same as the RC, and is an improved design.

Then again, I have QD cups in my SOPMOD stocks, so what do I know?

ETA - page ownage. Pic rehash of newest "CQBR":

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:01:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthGuy] [#2]

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
So I got a FDE for $999.99, but its in GA not AL. Now I guess I just have to sit and wait for the F3 and then for the F4.

I found it by looking at dealers on Surefire's website and searched out to 200 miles from my location then I looked at every dealer they had listed till I found one.  That may be the best bet for finding one if any of you guys are looking for them now.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Alshooter1526:
So I got a FDE for $999.99, but its in GA not AL. Now I guess I just have to sit and wait for the F3 and then for the F4.

I found it by looking at dealers on Surefire's website and searched out to 200 miles from my location then I looked at every dealer they had listed till I found one.  That may be the best bet for finding one if any of you guys are looking for them now.
View Quote

I guess you just made my decision for me lol. That was the one I was looking at and they only had 1 left I believe.

I just need a little self control... I know if I buy NV instead I will be happy I did lol
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
<a href="http://s578.photobucket.com/user/DeltaBF2s/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_273.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/DeltaBF2s/Mobile%20Uploads/image_273.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s578.photobucket.com/user/DeltaBF2s/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_274.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/DeltaBF2s/Mobile%20Uploads/image_274.jpg</a>
View Quote

Well, I've always known that you knew how to rattle can. I now know that you know how to lube as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

Smart purchase in my opinion. You can ask your dealer to file the Form 4 while the Form 3 is pending. I see conflicting dealers and thoughts on this method so it just comes down to your dealers decision on it.

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

Smart purchase in my opinion. You can ask your dealer to file the Form 4 while the Form 3 is pending. I see conflicting dealers and thoughts on this method so it just comes down to your dealers decision on it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Yep. Wish my dealer would do this.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Oh good idea.  I'll call and ask my dealer.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]

I guess you just made my decision for me lol. That was the one I was looking at and they only had 1 left I believe.

I just need a little self control... I know if I buy NV instead I will be happy I did lol
View All Quotes

Sorry  Are you in GA or were you going to do a F3 also?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:46:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb] [#10]

After the Arms Unlimited debacle I ended up ordering a RC2 from Silencer Shop. Now after about a month of searching. I finally found a shop that has a regular RC in stock.

I was planning to use this money towards a PVS14 if I couldn't find an RC in stock. I'm leaning towards buying it since I'm not sure if/when I will be able to find one again. Or should I save the money and put it towards night vision since I have a RC2 on the way...?
View Quote

Buy the RC. Nods will always be around and easily available.

ETA: Nevermind, haha.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#11]
<a href="http://s578.photobucket.com/user/DeltaBF2s/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_273.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/DeltaBF2s/Mobile%20Uploads/image_273.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s578.photobucket.com/user/DeltaBF2s/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_274.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss227/DeltaBF2s/Mobile%20Uploads/image_274.jpg</a>
View Quote

I miss the old paint but this is still such an f'n gorgeous build.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 4:54:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#12]

View All Quotes

I would have had to F3 to Michigan. I don't need it since I have a RC2 on the way... lol. I really want NV, but when I found that RC I was thinking about blowing my NV money on that. I'm glad it went to someone in this thread.

Edit: I was going to IM you the link if I didn't get it. I have been looking at it for a few days now, just haven't been able to make a decision
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:23:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I lack the patience required (or skill) to navigate the AR15 site...  Does anyone know what the current wait is for efile form 1, or can give me link to thread on site (I have seen it before)...
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:33:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Petes1552] [#14]
Originally Posted By acmcgaha:
I lack the patience required (or skill) to navigate the AR15 site...  Does anyone know what the current wait is for efile form 1, or can give me link to thread on site (I have seen it before)...
View Quote

There's a few threads:

Class 3 forum

SBR Forum

The below is my favorite way to track:

NFA Tracker Graph

Looks like 4ish months right now
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:33:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Conspiro-Agnew] [#15]
View Quote

NFA Wait Times

ETA, beat, and with extra credit too.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

NFA Wait Times

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:

NFA Wait Times

Thanks to both of you!
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:41:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#17]
That makes four FDE Socom RCs sold in the last week that I know of. They are moving pretty quick right now.

Also, I wish my newly finished 80% was approved as an SBR. I really want to use it on a CQBR. I also do kind of like how clean it is, without paint. It will get paint, just not until a couple of shots with a new upper and NT4.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys can avoid the whole Surefire debacle and get the GOAT

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By gaston4:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/760/23287602963_032a356de1_z.jpg
View Quote

You mean unicorn?  Not easier...
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:07:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

I'd go the NV route for sure if it were me. The RC2 looks the same as the RC, and is an improved design.

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/AR-Ryan21/0A0BA467-3DBA-4592-BF66-3D9F75C3F3CB_zpsonncjtcn.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p500/AR-Ryan21/0A0BA467-3DBA-4592-BF66-3D9F75C3F3CB_zpsonncjtcn.jpg

Looks good man! PEQ15?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

I think he meant Greatest Of All Time.

HesRightYouKnow.jpg
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

HesRightYouKnow.jpg
View All Quotes

HesRightYouKnow.jpg

Corn on the cob!
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

If there is a hidden subliminal message in these 2 pics, I get it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:04:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MCDXXV] [#24]
AR-Ryan, did you recently list a Colt 14.5 barrel on backpage in the PHX area? I know one of you local guys wants to sell me a Block II M4 upper.

ETA: I can't find a M4 RIS II for the life of me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:08:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#25]
null....
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:08:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#26]
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

I've seen a couple SF cans painted that held up fine.....I was unaware the lock ring differed between the two (same nsn).  What exactly is different?

View All Quotes
Black carbine suppressors look like shit painted. The paint wears much faster and you're going to kick yourself buying a black one. Technically the locking collars are different on the FDE vs Black.

I've seen a couple SF cans painted that held up fine.....I was unaware the lock ring differed between the two (same nsn).  What exactly is different?

Still waiting on this one ECP???

Originally Posted By AZJBT:
AR-Ryan, did you recently list a Colt 14.5 barrel on backpage in the PHX area? I know one of you local guys wants to sell me a Block II M4 upper.

They turn up on the EE....patience!

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

I did not.

TNW, that 15 turned into a NF 1-4x/LaRue mount and another complete CQBR upper.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 7:50:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNW] [#28]

View Quote

One of the local shop around here may have one. I'll check in the next few days. Shoot me an IM if you want me to snag it for you.

Edit:

Ryan, mini SPR like we had talked about? Anxious for pics.

My block 2 CQBR may turn into a 10.4 MR566 upper...
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got my Colt 14.5" barrel, waiting on that and my jig to finish off my engraved 80%er.  Almost as the wait for my LMT 203

So I got a SXS, and now need to figure out how to secure my CQBR while riding.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#30]

I would have had to F3 to Michigan. I don't need it since I have a RC2 on the way... lol. I really want NV, but when I found that RC I was thinking about blowing my NV money on that. I'm glad it went to someone in this thread.

Edit: I was going to IM you the link if I didn't get it. I have been looking at it for a few days now, just haven't been able to make a decision
View All Quotes

Thanks for not buying it earlier!  I finally shot my NV last week and its the most fun I have ever had shooting.  I am going to hunt some coyotes on some friends property soon with mine.  You won't regret buying more NV!
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By TNW:

One of the local shop around here may have one. I'll check in the next few days. Shoot me an IM if you want me to snag it for you.

Edit:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNW:

Edit:

IM inbound.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:53:48 PM EDT
[#32]
fucking FINALLY.  My socom can was approved on the 18th. Should have it soon.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

yes.  more goats needed here from some people.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:33:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

View All Quotes

Goats needed? We got some dune poons 'round these parts?

Congrats on the can bro. I thought you already had one tho
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

It's been in transfer.  Basically available whenever I needed it kind of thing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:20:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Are the Wilcox Aimpoint mounts lower 1/3 or absolute co-witness?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:31:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
View Quote

I'm fairly sure they're lower 1/3. I know my standard issue mount is anyways
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 12:40:35 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Lower 1/3.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

QRP with spacer is lower 1/3.

Wilcox is lower 1/3.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes
Black carbine suppressors look like shit painted. The paint wears much faster and you're going to kick yourself buying a black one. Technically the locking collars are different on the FDE vs Black.

Still waiting too so I can pull the trigger...
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 3:23:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnnySasaki20] [#43]
New switch setup. I didn't know if the wire for the laser was the same on the inside after I cut open the surefire one. The DBALs switch was thinner, and the Surefire switch looked like it had some sort of braided shielding around the inner core, and I wasn't sure if that needed to be connected as well for the switch to still work. I don't imagine that it would, and if it did, a little solder should have done the trick. This was just easier.

</a>" />  

</a>" />

Oh, and btw, I think Daniel Defense forgot about my rail screws. Either that, or whoever is delivering them is really taking their time. I think I got an email saying they sent them like 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Did DD (Caroline I'm guessing) just tell you that they sent the screws out? Or did you also get a tracking info email?

I always get a second email with tracking info.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Same here.  She sent me the tracking on December 4th and it arrived the 14th.  Once the package was created it may have been in the back of the shipping order and takes awhile to get through to be shipped.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#46]
My hardware kit Caroline sent me took a while to get to me. Prob 3 weeks or so.
P.S. she's pretty hot, so I give her the verdict of "not guilty"

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:13:07 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Oh, go figure. I mention they forgot about me, and I check the tracking number and it says out for delivery today. They sent it on the 15th and it said 1-3 days. Is USPS just really cheap or something? Why does anyone still use that for shipping anymore?
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#48]

View Quote

wait.  how hot is she? lol

She sounds bangin' on the phone.

Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

Wilcox is lower 1/3.
View All Quotes

Wilcox is lower 1/3.

Negative.   QRP1 (12245) mount with spacer (12227) provides absolute co-witness.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By lanaire04:

Negative.   QRP1 (12245) mount with spacer (12227) provides absolute co-witness.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lanaire04:

Wilcox is lower 1/3.

IceForThatBurn.jpg

Brodband- she's pretty hot dude. Not Mila Kunis hot but I'll give her an 8.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 656 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top