Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 475 of 1566)
Page / 1566
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 8:38:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MrFrZZ:

Enlighten me.... Am i missing something.... Is this a new Iteration of the CQBR??? I really feel ignorant but the fact that it has gone a couple posts unaddressed is making me panic!!!   "rocks back and forth" Ohhhhhh hot water burn baby!! Hot water burn baby!!!!  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:

lol

Enlighten me.... Am i missing something.... Is this a new Iteration of the CQBR??? I really feel ignorant but the fact that it has gone a couple posts unaddressed is making me panic!!!   "rocks back and forth" Ohhhhhh hot water burn baby!! Hot water burn baby!!!!  

Anti rotation pins......

Do these clone troll pics ever get reported/deleted to help clean things up?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:21:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#2]
So how long are stamps taking to come back? I have a Colt M4A1 Carbine lower that is now collecting dust in limbo.
Got my barrel back from ADCO, 10.3" .070 gas port. Everything on the upper is full DD, barrel, upper, BCG, rail obviously!

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:

Anti rotation pins......

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brodband8:

lol

Anti rotation pins......

probably couldn't tell if it was 100 yards away.....  it's got the general idea of it.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:45:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#4]
Originally Posted By JJREA:
probably couldn't tell if it was 100 yards away.....  it's got the general idea of it.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't hold a candle to most of the ones in here, but I sure do have fun with it.  First attempt at somewhat quality photography.........need better lighting.  

[/img]
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:03:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#6]
Originally Posted By chenault:
Doesn't hold a candle to most of the ones in here, but I sure do have fun with it.  First attempt at somewhat quality photography.........need better lighting.  

http://<a href=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/pcrunnels/IMG_3179_zpsvn4qawte.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Nice rifle!

Play with your light sources (ETA: I see you already said that now haha). Rough edit (I'm driving lol):

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Roadblock:
So how long are stamps taking to come back? I have a Colt M4A1 Carbine lower that is now collecting dust in limbo.

Got my barrel back from ADCO, 10.3" .070 gas port. Everything on the upper is full DD, barrel, upper, BCG, rail obviously!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5622/21021172516_ce1788e191_c.jpg

View Quote

I've seen/heard 3-4 months e-filing?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

I was expecting 6 or so, we will see! :D

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you order a custom upper from DD and just swap out barrels?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GersonB90:
This might be a dumb question, but can I use KAC 99051 front with a KAC 300m micro? Or is there even a non micro version of the KAC 300m?
View Quote

Yes that combo is perfectly fine. I have the 99051 and 300m micro and it works flawlessly
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#11]
3 things guys..

1. Well I feel dumb. I didn't know this was a clone thread!  I should have caught on to that!

2. I'm sorry, I wasn't trolling!

3. I'm being serious!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Breitling:
3 things guys..

1. Well I feel dumb. I didn't know this was a clone thread!  I should have caught on to that!

3. I'm being serious!
View Quote

Here's a suggestion, take a couple days and start at page one of this thread.  When your eyes are blood shot, and your brain is fried from the vast array of knowledge, come back in here and try again.  I promise, you won't make the same mistake again
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:29:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Breitling:
3 things guys..

3. I'm being serious!
View Quote

Haha well either way, its a nice rifle. I always enjoy seeing your pics.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Mine took 98 days. Submitted 4/7 and approved 7/14. That was eform with a trust.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
So much CQBR win.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-JfwOn-7zo
View Quote

Always amazed how far the Marine Corps will push OPSEC and PERSEC for the sake of recruiting videos!
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

I just had a AOW and two form 1's take 2 months to the day. I mailed them in.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#17]

View Quote

Started life as a 16" complete DD upper with a M4A1 RIS II on a Colt M4A1 Carbine lower.

I decided to pin and weld to 14.5 but MILSPEC talked me into going SBR so I made up a Trust and filled out a Form 1 on the lower.
Then happened to find a new in the box Mk18 rail so I figured if I was going SBR, it might as well be an Mk 18-1 build. Was rocking a 16" Mk18 for a minute!

Then I found out you can't cross state lines with an SBR without notifying the ATF and I shoot down in Indiana often so I decided to do a AR pistol lower. Once that was completely (trying to avoid constructive possession) I sent off the barrel to ADCO which just came back. I just finished the pistol build tonight. Which actually I don't have the Colt lower right now anyway, it's out being NFA Trust engraved and I will probably just leave it else where until the stamp comes back.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:13:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Started life as a 16" complete DD upper with a M4A1 RIS II on a Colt M4A1 Carbine lower.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/Block%20II%20M4-A1/newestB2jpg_zps91ce6a38.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/Block%20II%20M4-A1/2015-06-30%2021.35.51_zpsuy6hamjq.jpg

I decided to pin and weld to 14.5 but MILSPEC talked me into going SBR so I made up a Trust and filled out a Form 1 on the lower.

Then happened to find a new in the box Mk18 rail so I figured if I was going SBR, it might as well be an Mk 18-1 build. Was rocking a 16" Mk18 for a minute!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/BLOCK%20II%20MK18-1/2015-08-03%2019.23.29_zpsalddu4ml.jpg

Then I found out you can't cross state lines with an SBR without notifying the ATF and I shoot down in Indiana often so I decided to do a AR pistol lower. Once that was completely (trying to avoid constructive possession) I sent off the barrel to ADCO which just came back. I just finished the pistol build tonight. Which actually I don't have the Colt lower right now anyway, it's out being NFA Trust engraved and I will probably just leave it else where until the stamp comes back.

View All Quotes

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/Block%20II%20M4-A1/newestB2jpg_zps91ce6a38.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/Block%20II%20M4-A1/2015-06-30%2021.35.51_zpsuy6hamjq.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/BLOCK%20II%20MK18-1/2015-08-03%2019.23.29_zpsalddu4ml.jpg

It's not hard to fill out the proper form to notify ATF

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:47:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:
View Quote

And you can set the form to 365 days before it expires so basically fill one out per year for areas you travel to regularly.  Zero costs involved in filling the form.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:19:59 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

66 Days snail mail for mine this summer... Examiner was H. Thompson I believe.
Wife's was sent the same day, but we didnt get it back for an additional 28 days or something like that. It was right before I could request the copy. Different examiner.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AnthonyL:

And you can set the form to 365 days before it expires so basically fill one out per year for areas you travel to regularly.  Zero costs involved in filling the form.
View All Quotes

Yup.

I do one every year for AL. No big deal  

Takes 20 seconds to fill out and costs a postage stamp
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Ok guys one more question. I snagged this pic about 150ish pages back I think. I forgot to see who's it was so sorry for not giving credit

This is what I'm kind of wanting to go with for my cqbr build minus the rear buis and some other small things. The question I have is are t1's gtg? Anyone have any pics of them in the wild? If you do could you post them. I ordered my car stock from M&A parts yesterday so I'm that much closer. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:37:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Well there are some other things that come into play here in Michigan too. There are a couple MCL codes that say you can not have a rifle/shotgun out in an area where you can take game without a hunting license, even if you are NOT hunting which is pretty much the WHOLE state. Someone here brought up that they still have to prove your hunting but one of our Michigan firearms lawyers on our local forums said actually the law does NOT say that. It's one of those gray area I don't want to be the test case things.

This does not include pistols so an AR pistol with a pistol brace would be good to go.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Yup.

View All Quotes

Yup.

What form is this? I shoot in new mexico often and dont take my NFA toys because of this
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By deuc224:

What form is this? I shoot in new mexico often and dont take my NFA toys because of this
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deuc224:

Yup.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:33:11 AM EDT
[#26]

Wife's was sent the same day, but we didnt get it back for an additional 28 days or something like that. It was right before I could request the copy. Different examiner.
View All Quotes

I did an eform trust 5/29.....still waiting. Last ones I saw approved were 5/4 file on the 28th.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By jparish62:

I did an eform trust 5/29.....still waiting. Last ones I saw approved were 5/4 file on the 28th.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jparish62:

Lol raise that eyebrow all you want to, but I called to get a status date and this is how the convo went:

ATF: Yea your status date is June 4th
Me: Ok
ATF: You add 6 months to that date.
Me: Ok..I've heard your wait times have been a little quicker than that recently, any truth to that?
ATF: Well we just tell everyone that, it just depends on how much work they have... wait, Hang on a second...
ME:.....
ATf:......
ME: "Crunch on cheeto"
ATF: That was approved 2 days ago.
Me: What?
ATF:It was approved 2 days ago
Me: So I'll get a stamp back?
ATF: yes
ME: It was approved...
ATF: Yes
Me:... As in not rejected and approved in 2 months>
ATF: yes.
Me: "happy dance"
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#28]
Jeez wait times have really stretched out since I submitted my last Form 1. I had two at the end of last year take 28 and 31 days respectively.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:
Jeez wait times have really stretched out since I submitted my last Form 1. I had two at the end of last year take 28 and 31 days respectively.
View Quote

Mine was 39 in February time frame.
Even though my fy f3 was started in November -____-

Think f4's have gotten a tad faster though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:58:16 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

yeah, my first eform was 35 days, next was 91.  I've seen where paper submitted trust filing has been running faster than efile submissions, by about a month.  The plus to that is you get a physical stamp. I need to submit another and find out myself.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I've never understood those types of people who want to SBR their gun, but complain that it takes about 2-4 months, and sit and think about it for over a year.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:06:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I've never understood those types of people who want to SBR their gun, but complain that it takes about 2-4 months, and sit and think about it for over a year.
View Quote

Tater logic?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Tater logic?
View All Quotes

Tater logic?
I ended up SBRing my lower and not having the funds to get the SBR upper together for about a year lol.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:25:28 PM EDT
[#34]
May be a repost. I didn't know LAV was involved in pushing for the 416. Either way, I want one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O5HY_TRov2c
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

yeah, my first eform was 35 days, next was 91.  I've seen where paper submitted trust filing has been running faster than efile submissions, by about a month.  The plus to that is you get a physical stamp. I need to submit another and find out myself.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

I still need to do another lower, I better get on it before the wait times get longer. My first EF1 took 29 days.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:29:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#36]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:
May be a repost. I didn't know LAV was involved in pushing for the 416. Either way, I want one.

View Quote

Learn how to hot link/embed 13er.

LAV has been involved in all sorts of crap apparently.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
I ended up SBRing my lower and not having the funds to get the SBR upper together for about a year lol.  
View All Quotes

Tater logic?

Perhaps....but when you were ready for the upper, BAM! Lower was GTG and you didn't have to pistol it.

Disclaimer: i had a pistol lower for some time only because i got caught in the horseshit during MD's ban where the state police arbitrarily decided that sbrs were included in the list of banned firearms even though they weren't.

Shit was drawn out needlessly, of course.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:39:19 PM EDT
[#38]
My DD Mk18 upper came in the mail today

On to the pistol it goes for about another 3 weeks or so until the ATF should approve my form 4.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Perhaps....but when you were ready for the upper, BAM! Lower was GTG and you didn't have to pistol it.

Disclaimer: i had a pistol lower for some time only because i got caught in the horseshit during MD's ban where the state police arbitrarily decided that sbrs were included in the list of banned firearms even though they weren't.

View All Quotes

Tater logic?

MD laws are fucking weird. Cause we all know a criminal is gonna go "oh sorry guys, I can't go GTA tonight, I have my HBAR installed instead of my gov pro"
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

MD laws are fucking weird. Cause we all know a criminal is gonna go "oh sorry guys, I can't go GTA tonight, I have my HBAR installed instead of my gov pro"
View All Quotes

Tater logic?

Tater logic.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#41]

Tater logic.
View Quote

Hella tater logic. Fuck our states
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Then what would you do with all your free time

It's not like you're out shooting...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I'd spend it watching SpongeBob and eating ho-ho's.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

Yeah hate to say it but those days are long gone.  Starting around March the wait time started increasing dramatically.  I think it's for the most part due to the fear of ATF 41p going into effect.

Right now the Form 1 wait is 100+ days.  You can get an idea by looking at the trending on NFA Tracker.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:16:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Oh, shit it's the first of the month lol. You know what that means? I get my gubment cheese.

And also...

THE CHALLENGE IS OVER! CONGRATULATIONS TO ASMIG.

I'll be PM'ing you in the next couple of days to arrange your prize.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Allahdammit.

I knew i shoulda tossed my SS10X on there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Allahdammit.

I knew i shoulda tossed my SS10X on there.
View Quote

Lololol.

I said I was gonna send the dude in last place my ballsweat soaked PT belt, but I'm sure you already have one.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Oh, shit it's the first of the month lol. You know what that means? I get my gubment cheese.

And also...

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/600/20768148099_0625fece79_o.jpg
View Quote

Did you say cheese?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:41:56 PM EDT
[#49]

Did you say cheese?
View All Quotes

And also...

Did you say cheese?

He meant cheddar, not fromunda.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#50]

And also...

View Quote

Congrats Asmig!  

bastid, lol
Page / 1566
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 475 of 1566)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top