AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 378 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By acmcgaha:
Ferret, DBM, I know you aren't sensitive but I was just joking.  In all seriousness, what's been up with the thread lately?  For the most part, EC, Tiny, Augee, etc have all been relatively AWOL lately.  I haven't been a participant for long, are there typically peaks and valleys of interest, or have we talked about everything there is to talk about (a few times over)?

In other news, my son drew his TA-50, and unit stuff, and I was checking out his Pro Mask for him.  Well, it seems that it went to the chamber recently and wasn't cleaned very well after.  Gave dinner a little different taste
View Quote

The problem is certain members treat this like Facebook instead of a tech forum, and they get their feelings hurt when called on it. No one here needs minute-by-minute updates on everything a member does. Certain members also show a level of immaturity, impatience, and an unwillingness to actually read and find the information they wants for themselves or to follow the rules of the forum.

An example would be telling us about a son who drew his issue gear. EVERY PERSON IN THE MILITARY DOES THIS AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. Why it needs to be mentioned here doesn't make any sense.

If we kept the GD posts to GD, this place would be better and several of the SMEs would return and start posting again. You know, guys who have experience from other than reading on the Internet.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Un tis un tis un tis. Definitely keeping Stealth's paint on this thing. That man knows his way around a rattle can.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:19:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Patchgunner] [#3]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Un tis un tis un tis. Definitely keeping Stealth's paint on this thing. That man knows his way around a rattle can.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/509/19043879446_275685e5e2_b.jpg
View Quote

Hey are those hooks the khaki or coyote on dsg I'm fixing to order two

Also on dsg pri marked down to 79 after the 10% discount for anyone that needs one
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TurbineGuy:

The problem is certain members treat this like Facebook instead of a tech forum, and they get their feelings hurt when called on it. No one here needs minute-by-minute updates on everything a member does. Certain members also show a level of immaturity, impatience, and an unwillingness to actually read and find the information they wants for themselves or to follow the rules of the forum.

An example would be telling us about a son who drew his issue gear. EVERY PERSON IN THE MILITARY DOES THIS AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER. Why it needs to be mentioned here doesn't make any sense.

If we kept the GD posts to GD, this place would be better and several of the SMEs would return and start posting again. You know, guys who have experience from other than reading on the Internet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Ferret, DBM, I know you aren't sensitive but I was just joking.  In all seriousness, what's been up with the thread lately?  For the most part, EC, Tiny, Augee, etc have all been relatively AWOL lately.  I haven't been a participant for long, are there typically peaks and valleys of interest, or have we talked about everything there is to talk about (a few times over)?

In other news, my son drew his TA-50, and unit stuff, and I was checking out his Pro Mask for him.  Well, it seems that it went to the chamber recently and wasn't cleaned very well after.  Gave dinner a little different taste

Oh my. Aren't we a grumpy goose.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

View All Quotes

Policing the interwebz makes him feel accepted
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Patchgunner:

Also on dsg pri marked down to 79 before the 10% discount for anyone that needs one
View All Quotes

Also on dsg pri marked down to 79 before the 10% discount for anyone that needs one

They're Coyote. Compliments of Mr. DBM
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

Grumpy? No. Truthful? Yes.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:28:17 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Comes to $79 after the discount for me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

Whatever's clever, man. I guess being "truthful" is your thing lol.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:30:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Patchgunner] [#10]
Originally Posted By Kph21:

View All Quotes

My bad your right their website is garbage.  Wouldn't work on my iPad or phone now I'm trying the computer

Eta. Edited my original post
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:33:24 PM EDT
[#11]

My bad your right their website is garbage.  Wouldn't work on my iPad or phone now I'm trying the computer

View All Quotes

Yea I've had to reload pages 3-4 times to get them to actually load, free shipping is nice though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Yea I've had to reload pages 3-4 times to get them to actually load, free shipping is nice though.
View All Quotes

Ya I can't get to checkout on anything yet seems like they don't want my money
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

Worked for me after a few tries and reloads.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Oh you's a grumpy ass mofo. The green weenie dun it to ya.

But you do have good points, but we ALL make off topic posts. Even talking about this is off topic.

I'm good with CD and warpig being our SME's tho, they're still around to spread the wealth. And I consider them to be cool as shit, moreso than some of the other SME's. That's enough Block II SME for me combined with the knowledge we have.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Selling my DD CQBR upper.
Will give $50 off to anyone In this thread
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:08:46 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

Fair enough, I asked.  I mean you could be less of an ass, but we all have our things - clearly you spell hypocrite with an "I"...  And, I'm not sure where these forum rules that have been violated are posted.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I know how some of you guys feel about me having to have my CQBR in pistol form, so I cropped out the pistol tube so you can pretend I live in a free state.

Block un, block dos.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#18]

But you do have good points, but we ALL make off topic posts. Even talking about this is off topic.

I'm good with CD and warpig being our SME's tho, they're still around to spread the wealth. And I consider them to be cool as shit, moreso than some of the other SME's. That's enough Block II SME for me combined with the knowledge we have.
View All Quotes

It's not even that "SME"s are being run off.

Augee has been posting sparingly as of late anyway, and he hasn't posted ANYWHERE for a few days. Same goes for ECPrevatte.

TinyCrumb still posts here frequently, and he JUST posted here earlier today.

People have things other than the Mk18/CQBR thread going on in their lives, and unlike some members would have people believe: this thread isn't the end all be all of life as we know it, and doesn't need to be 100% serious to be a good thread with good information.

This isn't directed at you MILSPEC, or at anyone in particular.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:40:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm too tired to add anything intelligent so I'll add this. I like bullshitting with all of you, for the most part. As long as it stays at least related to, or doesn't stray away from for long, CQBR's, then I personally don't see any harm in it.

I will also add that TG is WAY cooler than his posts make him look, he just likes Goin off on fools, but so do I so fuck it. When all of this is over were gettin an apartment together and throwing CQBR parties. McGaha's mom is invited too.

Now can somebody do a pic dump so we can get back to the good shit? My CQBR isn't exciting enough, cept the RAS wear.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:47:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Just got this together, need an optic and charging handle. Not sure if I want to go Comp M2 or 553 or EXPS...anyone have any thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm too tired to add anything intelligent so I'll add this. I like bullshitting with all of you, for the most part. As long as it stays at least related to, or doesn't stray away from for long, CQBR's, then I personally don't see any harm in it.

I will also add that TG is WAY cooler than his posts make him look, he just likes Goin off on fools, but so do I so fuck it. When all of this is over were gettin an apartment together and throwing CQBR parties. McGaha's mom is invited too.

Now can somebody do a pic dump so we can get back to the good shit? My CQBR isn't exciting enough, cept the RAS wear.
View Quote

I just don't appreciate people that need to police a thread while adding nothing constructive.   IMHO but than again I'm not 12 and than again I don't put ppl on ignore but still post shit.  

Very naked still. Needs moar paint

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#22]
<a href="http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/Kph21/media/Mobile%20Uploads/312AFE76-B595-44CC-9F1F-8CFE0CFD8184_zpsxnzwolvh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag16/Kph21/Mobile%20Uploads/312AFE76-B595-44CC-9F1F-8CFE0CFD8184_zpsxnzwolvh.jpg</a>

Just got this together, need an optic and charging handle. Not sure if I want to go Comp M2 or 553 or EXPS...anyone have any thoughts.
View Quote

I like the look of the EXPS on Block I CQBRs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#23]
<a href="http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/Kph21/media/Mobile%20Uploads/312AFE76-B595-44CC-9F1F-8CFE0CFD8184_zpsxnzwolvh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag16/Kph21/Mobile%20Uploads/312AFE76-B595-44CC-9F1F-8CFE0CFD8184_zpsxnzwolvh.jpg</a>

View Quote

I really liked the comp m2 in Wilcox I had on my mod 0
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:50:24 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Yeah buddy. Cause fixed rear sights are for the birds.
I dig it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:51:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Ordered the H3 buffer you guys recommended, also got a killflash and LSO grip going on when I return.
Will post results.
Also, may have gotten the Range Rover bug so I may be selling some clone (and non-clone) stuff. You guys get first dibs and discounts because I like his thread.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:51:49 PM EDT
[#26]

I just don't appreciate people that need to police a thread while adding nothing constructive.   IMHO but than again I'm not 12 and than again I don't put ppl on ignore but still post shit.  

<a href="http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/Shorties2001gt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/866BFB96-3B8B-4B7A-845F-C004402B1186.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/Shorties2001gt/Mobile%20Uploads/866BFB96-3B8B-4B7A-845F-C004402B1186.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/Shorties2001gt/media/Mobile%20Uploads/866BFB96-3B8B-4B7A-845F-C004402B1186.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb404/Shorties2001gt/Mobile%20Uploads/866BFB96-3B8B-4B7A-845F-C004402B1186.jpg</a>

I really like it the way it is cept for the DD engravings on the upper.  At least you put your CQD on facing the right way.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#28]

I really like it the way it is cept for the DD engravings on the upper.  At least you put your CQD on facing the right way.
View All Quotes

Yes I agree about the engravings but once I find the balls to paint it than that problem will be solved
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:54:01 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

I do like the compactness of EXPS vs. the other two. But then again Comp M2 and 553 are more "correct"
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By TNW:
Ordered the H3 buffer you guys recommended, also got a killflash and LSO grip going on when I return.
Will post results.
Also, may have gotten the Range Rover bug so I may be selling some clone (and non-clone) stuff. You guys get first dibs and discounts because I like his thread.
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/6872cad2c778e2374816039e42a9e4ae_zps0d4kqvgh.jpg
View Quote

If I ever build a Mod 0/ Block 1/ L 119, it's going to look a lot like this.

P.S. I love my LR3
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#31]
The PRO works well with the Wilcox too... And is pretty similar once you remove the cap cord.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:59:33 PM EDT
[#32]

I do like the compactness of EXPS vs. the other two. But then again Comp M2 and 553 are more "correct"
View All Quotes

If you do the M2 with a Wilcox, you should go to an LMT rear or CCH.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:59:44 PM EDT
[#33]

P.S. I love my LR3
View All Quotes
Will post results.
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/6872cad2c778e2374816039e42a9e4ae_zps0d4kqvgh.jpg

P.S. I love my LR3

Thanks man it's a savage - and yeah, been looking at several. The Evoque has really shocked me, as has the new Discovery... And there is a 2012 Range Sport that's sweet too... Decisions...
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:59:58 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Yay, a 10.3!  EXPS gets my vote. Very nice.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:00:09 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Meh, I put it on the same way Stealth had it.

If there even is a right way, Stealth would know it.

TNW- what MRD is that? If you sell it let me know! I need another one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#36]

Yes I agree about the engravings but once I find the balls to paint it than that problem will be solved
View All Quotes

I just happen to be a big fan of the unpainted CQBR upper sharing the lower from a painted M4.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:01:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Patchgunner] [#37]

I just happen to be a big fan of the unpainted CQBR upper sharing the lower from a painted M4.
View All Quotes

It does present an odd smexy ness.   I need to nab an optic
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:03:26 AM EDT
[#38]
MILSPEC - it's a Docter. When I return I'll get more pics.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:05:00 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Fo cho bro. I needs one. Let's just say the one I have works well, but is temporary.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:06:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Thanks man it's a savage - and yeah, been looking at several. The Evoque has really shocked me, as has the new Discovery... And there is a 2012 Range Sport that's sweet too... Decisions...
http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/18cc5fc057af265598e97ada334657f1_zpsovxog0l8.jpg
View All Quotes
Will post results.

P.S. I love my LR3

http://i345.photobucket.com/albums/p390/Thenightwatchman88watchman88/18cc5fc057af265598e97ada334657f1_zpsovxog0l8.jpg

Personally, I think you should get something like an F250 superduty.....
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Supposedly, they are supposed to be the other way than what yours appears to be - so that the hook rubs against the mount, rather than the rail.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By jparish62:

View All Quotes
Will post results.

P.S. I love my LR3

Was looking at a raptor and it wouldn't fit in my garage:/
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:09:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Fo cho bro. I needs one. Let's just say the one I have works well, but is temporary.
View All Quotes

Also interested.  It's perfect for my 230.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:09:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jparish62] [#44]

View All Quotes
Will post results.

P.S. I love my LR3

If I had that kind of cash and found that out I'd start knocking down walls!!!
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#45]

Supposedly, they are supposed to be the other way than what yours appears to be - so that the hook rubs against the mount, rather than the rail.
View All Quotes

Who said that, CQD?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:14:58 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

On CQD website shows the hook portion to the rear?
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Both ways are the way? What is this fuckery?

I'll be the first to admit, this is my first set of CQD's, so I'm not "up on it" like I am with EOTech's etc
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#48]

Who said that, CQD?
View All Quotes
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Originally Posted By acmcgaha:

Who said that, CQD?

Not sure, it was in thread.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:20:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Patchgunner] [#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By [span style='font-weight: bold;']acmcgaha:

Who said that, CQD?

I have a v tac coming in but I pulled a sling off another rifle and was using that on the mod 0 and put it that way to keep the hook from rubbing on the d ring

Eta maybe I'm just weird lol
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By [span style='font-weight: bold;']acmcgaha:

Who said that, CQD?

Gotcha. Well, Stealth studies these pics more than anybody else I know of, so I'll prob just leave it this way.

I have a feeling there is no right way, but I'm confident Stealth knows it if there is considering the above.
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 378 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top