Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 278 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank you.
DSG it is.  Dieters checkout page was just freezing on the pick your state and I couldn't fill out anything.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Added some paint. Still waiting on RC approval and the WMX to ship.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sweatpants] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sawyer:

http://i.imgur.com/Wj3d54Z.jpg
View Quote

Bro your front sight is on backwards.  
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:42:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: coctailer] [#4]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Question... Excuse my noobness... On an all colt mod 0 upper would the lmt rear sight or the kac be more correct ?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Form 1 for another MK18 filed Sunday and was approved today, and I can't build the damn thing. Approved so fast I didn't have all my parts in yet.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By coctailer:

It's pretty common to install them that way. It's easier to deploy with a -15 installed, or with gloves.

That is why it is installed 1-slot past the rail.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By coctailer:
Originally Posted By sweatpants:
Originally Posted By Sawyer:

http://i.imgur.com/Wj3d54Z.jpg

Bro your front sight is on backwards.  

It's pretty common to install them that way. It's easier to deploy with a -15 installed, or with gloves.

That is why it is installed 1-slot past the rail.

I was being facetious

Repost
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:51:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Patchgunner:
Question... Excuse my noobness... On an all colt mod 0 upper would the lmt rear sight or the kac be more correct ?
View Quote

One of the pros can chime in if needed but I believe the LMT, or a cut carry handle would be the appropriate rear sight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By webnole78:

One of the pros can chime in if needed but I believe the LMT, or a cut carry handle would be the appropriate rear sight.
View All Quotes

If you use a TA01NSN on the upper, you wont be able to do the LMT rear sight FYI.  In that case you can use the KAC or even the Matech rear sight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 5:58:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:

If you use a TA01NSN on the upper, you wont be able to do the LMT rear sight FYI.  In that case you can use the KAC or even the Matech rear sight.
View All Quotes

Ok cool thanks.   Was planning on an aimpoint so I was hoping to run the lmt but wasn't sure if that was kosher on a colt upper.  Thank for clearing that up !
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Dinnertime:
Form 1 for another MK18 filed Sunday and was approved today, and I can't build the damn thing. Approved so fast I didn't have all my parts in yet.
View Quote

Say what?!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#12]

Ok cool thanks.   Was planning on an aimpoint so I was hoping to run the lmt but wasn't sure if that was kosher on a colt upper.  Thank for clearing that up !
View All Quotes

Absolutely, your GTG!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Absolutely, your GTG!
View All Quotes

Absolutely, your GTG!

Trying to get as kosher on the upper as I can since the first lower it will be on will be a sbred spikes so not technically correct but it will have the crane stock but with a b5 pistol grip.  Hopefully I'll get a correct lower to form1 soon are people still using nodak spud a1 lowers or just hunting down colts?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Yote7:

Say what?!
View All Quotes

Say what?!

It's happened before.  IIRC right around the time the BATFE started getting the e-form times down to about a month, a member here filed in the morning, and had an approval e-mail the next morning.  It's not the norm, but definitely not out of the realm of possibility.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:07:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By RJeff21:

It's happened before.  IIRC right around the time the BATFE started getting the e-form times down to about a month, a member here filed in the morning, and had an approval e-mail the next morning.  It's not the norm, but definitely not out of the realm of possibility.
View All Quotes

Say what?!

Damn that'd be sweet my last wait was 40 days
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:

Never hurts to see them again, don't worry about it.

Tiny does have some cool galleries put together and I know merged them into Imgur a couple weeks ago if anyone hasn't looked lately. He does a good job of keeping it updated.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Markedup123:
Sorry for all the reposts! Didn't realize those had been posted before

Tiny does have some cool galleries put together and I know merged them into Imgur a couple weeks ago if anyone hasn't looked lately. He does a good job of keeping it updated.

Frankly I haven't been doing as good of a job lately keeping the public gallery up to date. I keep everything in Dropbox, but I've been weary about just sharing that folder because Dropbox has bandwidth restrictions and I only keep the high-res originals in there. But yeah, on any photo that gets posted here or that I find elsewhere that's clear it was professionally taken I'll usually attempt to track down the high-res info and then use that so the attribution is in the EXIF. I just need to be better about remembering to frequently copy the new ones over to imgur. I'll try to get it updated in the next couple of days.

It depends on what you're trying to build :) If you're looking to build the classic NSWC Mk 18 Mod 0, then the LMT is the correct sight. There's a whole gallery dedicated to those linked in the OP. If you're looking to more build an M4 with a CQBR (10.3" upper), then it would really be either. The KAC would probably be more common for this setup since a lot of people would put optics like an ACOR or ELCAN on these that would have to clear over the rear sight. But even then the LMT rear would still be correct.

If you're going with a full-size Aimpoint in a Wilcox mount then the LMT would definitely be the right choice.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Frankly I haven't been doing as good of a job lately keeping the public gallery up to date. I keep everything in Dropbox, but I've been weary about just sharing that folder because Dropbox has bandwidth restrictions and I only keep the high-res originals in there. But yeah, on any photo that gets posted here or that I find elsewhere that's clear it was professionally taken I'll usually attempt to track down the high-res info and then use that so the attribution is in the EXIF. I just need to be better about remembering to frequently copy the new ones over to imgur. I'll try to get it updated in the next couple of days.

It depends on what you're trying to build :) If you're looking to build the classic NSWC Mk 18 Mod 0, then the LMT is the correct sight. There's a whole gallery dedicated to those linked in the OP. If you're looking to more build an M4 with a CQBR (10.3" upper), then it would really be either. The KAC would probably be more common for this setup since a lot of people would put optics like an ACOR or ELCAN on these that would have to clear over the rear sight. But even then the LMT rear would still be correct.

If you're going with a full-size Aimpoint in a Wilcox mount then the LMT would definitely be the right choice.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
Originally Posted By Markedup123:
Sorry for all the reposts! Didn't realize those had been posted before

Thanks!!! Going with the aimpoint and lmt rear just wanted to verify the lmt rear was fine on the colt upper, and it seems I'm gtg.  

I blew my budget on day 1 of ordering lol.  This mk18 stuff is addictive.  I've been working on rolling through all the info in this thread to educate myself, the first post is a huge help.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:38:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bending_rodriguez] [#18]
Been a while

ETA:  And just got my bender back today

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:43:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Been a while

http://i58.tinypic.com/bf5kj7.jpg
View Quote

Looking good. Glad to see Bender is back also lol.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

View All Quotes
Been a while

Thanks man.  Just bought my first MG, so it was a tough time to have to renew
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Say what?!

Dang that'd be nice! On day 15 and I'm expecting quite a bit longer lol
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Been a while

M16?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#23]

M16?
View All Quotes
Been a while

M16?

Nope, nowhere near my budget with a baby coming

A mint Sten MKII though
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#24]
This thread has finally taken control of my wallet.  Because of you all I now have two Mk18 uppers in the process of being built.  Damn you!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 8:57:58 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Say what?!

Its my first E-form. Submitted and paid Sunday, got an email today telling me APPROVED. When I got the email I assumed it was going to be a pending email, instead I have a shitty pdf with a stamp on it
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:49:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: romad99] [#26]
View Quote

That's something else.  I have one still waiting and it's been almost six weeks.

ETA: Accidental page ownage.  Here is my beast in pieces waiting for my barrel.  the upper was a DD Factory FDE Mk18 but I swapped out for Colt and am waiting for the barrel from Adco.

The bottom one has been taking up my time lately, however.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:54:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone happen to have a ballistics chart for M193 or M855 from a 10.3" bbl?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Trolling the interwebs looking for kac goodies, found factory seconds in stock on their website for the kac ras, any good lead on where to get the kac vfg under 60$?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:55:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sweatpants] [#29]
Trolling the interwebs looking for kac goodies, found factory seconds in stock on their website for the kac ras, any good lead on where to get the kac vfg under 60$?
View Quote

Secondary market is pretty good for me, EE here you can usually find the rail covers and VFG for under $30

ETA: $20

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_25/1417651_KAC_VFGs__20_shipped.html
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:57:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#30]
Originally Posted By romad99:

That's something else.  I have one still waiting and it's been almost six weeks.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By romad99:

Damn that's fast. I'm on 5 weeks right now... NFA tracker is starting to look like 2 months for a Form 1 efile.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Check the EE here and Ebay. I got the whole kit from a seller on Ebay for around $100 shipped.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

What color?  Black is cheapest on EE $10-$20, the rest of the colors vary in price from $30+ when you find them.  There are 4 colors, black, taupe, fde, od green.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:03:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TurbineBoiler] [#33]

View Quote
I should have 2 extra vfg's here in about a week. I'll send you one when I get em. IM me your address.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By TurbineBoiler:
I should have 2 extras here in about a week. I'll send you one when I get em. IM me your address.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TurbineBoiler:
I should have 2 extras here in about a week. I'll send you one when I get em. IM me your address.  

Oh man I wish I'd seen this I literally just found a new one on the EE for 20$ and committed before I saw your comment.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the help everyone.  Now to search for the ras , rail covers, pri gas buster , lmt rear sight
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:16:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#36]

The eFiled lower in this pic was approved in a little over 36 hours.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#38]
I sure do want a WMX....just can't justify the cost right now....So, I will stick with my WML...
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#39]

So far I think 4 of us are getting together this weekend for a night shoot with some CQBRs, M16s, and some other military clone rifles.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:50:11 PM EDT
[#40]

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7619/16417303853_4929929c09_c.jpg

So far I think 4 of us are getting together this weekend for a night shoot with some CQBRs, M16s, and some other military clone rifles.
View Quote

Great pic!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

Great pic!
View All Quotes

Great pic!

Yea, he just knows how to add a green filter to stuff.

ATN Eric
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Patchgunner] [#42]
Well damn EE was on point tonight.  

So far I've ordered

Colt 10.3" barrel with fsp
Colt upper
Colt gas tube
Kac ras
Kac rail covers
Kac vfg
Colt bcg
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

ATN Eric
View All Quotes

Great pic!

ATN Eric

" />
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:37:01 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZ_SBR:

Great pic!

ATN Eric

http://<a href=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/Scott_AZ/2nd%20Amendment/image.jpg</a>" />

Great pic!
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:42:44 PM EDT
[#45]

ATN Eric
View All Quotes

Great pic!

ATN Eric

You damn well it's not a filter haha.

It's just a green laserbrite long exposure.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 11:48:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DwayneHicks] [#46]
Building another mk18 mod0 clone because of this thread
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#47]
This guy needs a deal on a pri gas buster
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:13:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Patchgunner] [#48]
Wife: why you building another upper?
Me: I'm piecing one together over time

everything to build a complete mod 0 upper sans optics and lights now enroute to my house

Ps. Except the damn gas buster

Lmt sight now on way courtesy of a great member
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#49]
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/Scott_AZ/2nd%20Amendment/image.jpg</a>" />
  Great pic!
View Quote

Ha! Thanks. One of my kids - a door kicker of a different kind. And dat cat doe... Providing overwatch.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Great pic!

ATN Eric

Glad I told you to buy one...
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 278 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top