AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 252 of 1567)
Page / 1567
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 1:56:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Do the bottom of the EXPS3s have the UID/whatever it's called label code on the bottom?  So if one were to get laser engraver access, they could replicate the code from the bottom so it would read correctly?

Edit:  I guess what I meant to ask was are the markings on the bottom, the same as what should be engraved on the side?
View Quote

The matrix on the bottom has less data as it's just a serial, no model info included
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By asmig:

The matrix on the bottom has less data as it's just a serial, no model info included
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Do the bottom of the EXPS3s have the UID/whatever it's called label code on the bottom?  So if one were to get laser engraver access, they could replicate the code from the bottom so it would read correctly?

Edit:  I guess what I meant to ask was are the markings on the bottom, the same as what should be engraved on the side?

I understand.  Is it possible to create a matrix based on numbers?  So that it would read correctly?  <Not my expertise.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I pulled the pic of the close-up markings.  That'll be a piece of cake for the fiber laser.  I'll have Scott look at the hood where the existing markings are and see what can be done there.  This probably won't happen too fast, but now I have to do it!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By compuvette:
I pulled the pic of the close-up markings.  That'll be a piece of cake for the fiber laser.  I'll have Scott look at the hood where the existing markings are and see what can be done there.  This probably won't happen too fast, but now I have to do it!
View Quote

keep us updated!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]

I understand.  Is it possible to create a matrix based on numbers?  So that it would read correctly?  <Not my expertise.
View All Quotes

Yes, thats how the data matrix works. We need to get a scan of it to determine the formatting they used and then you can generate your own matrix. Have you emailed the owner of the SU231A marked one and asked if he can provide pictures and a rubbed imprint for size?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Couple of CQBR/URGs that I had to inspect the other day. (these belong to a 20th SFG ODA)

CD
View Quote

LOL...look at that old EOTech...ARFCOM heads will spin.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:40:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
I don't feel as bad having the 3 prong now.
View Quote

Seen in the wild...GOOOOO!!!!

I've been bugging our SF rep to a) get me a 4 prong (no joy) and b) find out if/when the 3P will replace the 4P on the mil side (no joy there, either).
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:45:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Yes, thats how the data matrix works. We need to get a scan of it to determine the formatting they used and then you can generate your own matrix. Have you emailed the owner of the SU231A marked one and asked if he can provide pictures and a rubbed imprint for size?
View All Quotes

I sent him a PM.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:52:44 PM EDT
[#9]

I'm probably talking out of my ass, but that group may not have not have access to Surefire cans yet state side and bought their own mounts and even a couple of cans to use overseas. They would also then have access to SOCOM RCs overseas and they wouldn't have to worry about mounts. Could be totally wrong.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

It's interesting to hear about the 3 prong. I wonder what the deal is with that. Like if someone actually wanted it because it's a better flash suppressor and/or it's different/cooler than all the standard 4 prongs or if it just came with the can or something.

I'm probably talking out of my ass, but that group may not have not have access to Surefire cans yet state side and bought their own mounts and even a couple of cans to use overseas. They would also then have access to SOCOM RCs overseas and they wouldn't have to worry about mounts. Could be totally wrong.

I'll be talking to the team again tomorrow.  They might have gotten the Mini's before they got the SF SOCOM cans.  Then purchased the 3 prongs to go with them since everyone knows how hard it is to find 4 prongs off the market.  Still quite a few ODAs don't have the SOCOM suppressors yet and are still running the KAC suppressors.

CD
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KILLERB6:
Couple of CQBR/URGs that I had to inspect the other day. (these belong to a 20th SFG ODA)

CD

not the first 552 spied on the Block II

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:44:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: compuvette] [#11]

I'll be talking to the team again tomorrow.  They might have gotten the Mini's before they got the SF SOCOM cans.  Then purchased the 3 prongs to go with them since everyone knows how hard it is to find 4 prongs off the market.  Still quite a few ODAs don't have the SOCOM suppressors yet and are still running the KAC suppressors.

CD
View All Quotes

It's interesting to hear about the 3 prong. I wonder what the deal is with that. Like if someone actually wanted it because it's a better flash suppressor and/or it's different/cooler than all the standard 4 prongs or if it just came with the can or something.

CD

Well, the Monster has to be gospel now because I just bought one......

On a more serious note, thanks CD for all you do.

ETA - Silencer Shop has the Mini Monsters on sale for $932.  Not a bad deal.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:46:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10Point3] [#12]
Larue mount on EOD MK18

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:33:44 PM EDT
[#14]

FACK I sold my tan magpul m93b
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:34:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#15]

Iphone double post ftl
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Looks like Gear Sector.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:23:36 PM EDT
[#18]
gear sector with different hooks buckles and qd doodads
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 5:43:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#19]

Thanks Asmig! These look great!

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:10:48 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

^Nice
Still waiting for mine
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't understand what happened, but I got a notice in my mailbox saying I owed $1.34 and a missed package slip.

I assume it's the stickers since I wasn't expecting anything else...USPS sucks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#22]
LMT SOPMOD at a great price.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 7:10:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks PFran

Makes my far-from-spec clones look more the part.

Govnah gonna be tested out tomorrow, with my extra-low gas setting .063/.043/.073
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 8:18:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
LMT SOPMOD at a great price.
View Quote

I was too slow. Thanks for posting!
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AstraPat] [#25]
Thanks again, Asmig!

Question for y'all. Since these labels were done on a limited run, should I strip the lower, install label, then repaint? Or just install over existing paint?. I only have 2 labels and want to make the most of them.

Another reason for a strip is that I've been wanting to try the Skilcraft Obliterating compound, tan.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:31:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#26]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
Thanks again, Amsig!

Question for y'all. Since these labels were done on a limited run, should I strip the lower, install label, then repaint? Or just install over existing paint?. I only have 2 labels and want to make the most of them.

Another reason for a strip is that I've been wanting to try the Skilcraft Obliterating compound, tan.

Thanks.

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq82/astrapat/7a95de0e4cdddf176e83fbc9bb3f480b_zps26de74a0.jpg
View Quote

I would strip the paint (or at least strip it in an area large enough to place the label).

On another note- I ordered a tan M3X with the push button long gun backplate. Ill be repainting soon.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Heads up guys, I just put up a FDE WMX 200 fixed mount in the EE.  

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:45:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

I would strip the paint (or at least strip it in an area large enough to place the label).

On another note- I ordered a tan M3X with the push button long gun backplate. Ill be repainting soon.
View All Quotes
Thanks again, Amsig!

Thanks.

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq82/astrapat/7a95de0e4cdddf176e83fbc9bb3f480b_zps26de74a0.jpg

That's what I'm thinking
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a funny DD rep story from today...
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:52:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
I have a funny DD rep story from today...
View Quote

Go on
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm mobile. When I hit a PC...

Ecprevatte heard it
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By m4socom:

View Quote

Look who showed up to the party
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m4socom] [#33]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View All Quotes

Lol, been busy lately, had a ton of catching up to do, like 100 pages i think!  Have a photo or two I need to upload....

*edit, thanks ASMIG!

AstraPat - just clean off a spot

Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Lol, been busy lately, had a ton of catching up to do, like 100 pages i think!  Have a photo or two I need to upload....
View All Quotes

Definitely. This thread moves with the quickness. And agreed on the pics, preferably including some quad-prongage.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:37:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#35]
Got back into town today - and an envelope with my IUIDs from Aaron were waiting for me!  

Sling on my CQBR is a Gear Sector GS-2P with an HK hook adapter in the back with an IWC 2-1 Point triglide, and a QD adapter and DD mount in front.  

And for hatexoc -

Ops Core BASE Jump with modified Ops Core mesh cover:  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Anybody have a kosher ambi selector (Colt or KAC) they want to get rid of?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:49:38 PM EDT
[#37]

That's what I'm thinking
View All Quotes
Thanks again, Amsig!

Thanks.

That's what I'm thinking

I've seen them each way; paint cleaned off, taped over when painted, and applied right onto paint. So here it would just boil down to personal preference for appearance.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#38]

I've seen them each way; paint cleaned off, taped over when painted, and applied right onto paint. So here it would just boil down to personal preference for appearance.
View All Quotes
Thanks again, Amsig!

Thanks.

That's what I'm thinking

Assuming the labels will adhere properly on top of Krylon, that's surely the route I'm gonna go.

Should they work fine being applied over a Krylon painted receiver?
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:20:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freedom556] [#39]
I just got mine to. Thanks! I just wiped down the paint with water to get any dirt/oil off the paint and put it over the paint. Im saving the other label (only got 2) incase I decide to repaint later.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:24:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

Assuming the labels will adhere properly on top of Krylon, that's surely the route I'm gonna go.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:
Thanks again, Amsig!

Thanks.

That's what I'm thinking

I slapped mine right on top of the paint(rustolium), adhere to the paint nicely.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By sully3acr:

Thats what I do, I'll have some new pic's tomorrow........Sully
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sully3acr:
Originally Posted By Freedom556:
Also, how do you guys mount your peq? I found that the only way to fit it on the rail was to flip the front sight around, which I'd rather not do. The cords don't reach the m3x with out doing it. Unless I move the light and pressure pad further back which I also don't want to do.

Thats what I do, I'll have some new pic's tomorrow........Sully

Split the wires and run the one to the M3X under the front part of the PEQ.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

I think I have a colt one laying around off of a 6920 socom.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

I'm looking for a KAC ambi scalloped if y'all have one.  Full auto or semi, I don't care.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#44]

View All Quotes

I'm looking for one of those too if anyone has some extras laying around.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:47:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By sbye:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sbye:

I've got a few more pretty much brand new knights 300 meter rears, (non micros) that I would be willing to trade one for a kac ambi selector.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:51:18 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

My guess is Joe found out what he could get for them, sold it in the EE, replaced it with a 3P, and spent the net on rehydration fluid.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By acmcgaha:

My guess is Joe found out what he could get for them, sold it in the EE, replaced it with a 3P, and spent the net on rehydration fluid.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By acmcgaha:

Imagination is running a little wild there buddy lol.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

IM replied
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:46:00 AM EDT
[#49]

Thx. That's what I did.

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#50]
You get a new upper Pat? I thought your upper and lower had the same awesome ass paint
Page / 1567
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 252 of 1567)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top