Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 145 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:50:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thunder79] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SpaceRanger:

Thanks for the reply!

May try and do both MK18 & CQBR

NO Nods but, going to get the ATPIAL-C for the cool factor since they are available.

Barrel I was thinking cut down some 6920 barrels?

Whats the best option for a can? the KAC or the SF SOCOM?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Conspiro-Agnew:
Hello all! I'm looking into starting a clone and was wondering if you guys could share some advice and let me know what parts and pieces to start getting first and will be the hardest to get?  Any help would be much appreciated.

CQBR or MK18? Assuming CQBR:

Assuming you're in an NFA-friendly state, I would start with setting up an NFA trust and get your form 1 submitted to the ATF for a lower. That'll be a process if you are new to the NFA game.

Next, in order of difficulty, I would also use that NFA trust sooner than later to start the process of getting a suppressor, since that will take much longer than the form 1 (though form 4's are getting quicker lately).

If you can find the rail, grab it, as they seem to be feast or famine.

What optic are you going for? Eotech? You can find those all day long. Elcan SpectreDR? Start looking and saving your pennies.

ATPIAL-C? Do you have Nods to use one?

10.3 barrel?

You wanted to know which parts are hard to find/get, it all depends on your patience and check book.

Everything else is pretty standard, for the most part.

All told, I've only got the ATPIAL-C left to get for mine, and that'll bring the total cost in mine to right around $7300 give or take, for a complete build. YMMV.

Thanks for the reply!

May try and do both MK18 & CQBR

NO Nods but, going to get the ATPIAL-C for the cool factor since they are available.

Barrel I was thinking cut down some 6920 barrels?

Whats the best option for a can? the KAC or the SF SOCOM?

MK18=KAC
CQBR=SF SOCOM RC

ETA: Accidental page ownage, sorry for the re-post, I'm not taking new photos for a week!

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Thunder79:

I would strongly suggest reading the last version of this thread ( the one that got shut down) in its entirety. It will save you a ton of money, help you avoid mistakes, and give you ideas.Obviously, read this entire thread as well! I did a registered lower and SOCOM RC on a trust, both form 4s, and e-filed them (currently unavailable for form 4). Depending on your budget these can take a while. I make good money (not as much as some of the guys in here) and after reading both MK18 threads, now closed, I made my first purchases (noted above) in Oct 2013. I'm waiting on a couple of items, G33, QR sticker, and teardrop FA, and then it will be done.

Some items can be harder to find than others (taupe front sight, FDE DD MK18 rail, etc...), you should snatch those up as soon as you see them.

This is by far the most fun, rewarding, and expensive project I have done. feel free to email me if you have questions or need help. I don't post very often; however, I check this thread about 5 times per week.

View All Quotes
Hello all! I'm looking into starting a clone and was wondering if you guys could share some advice and let me know what parts and pieces to start getting first and will be the hardest to get?  Any help would be much appreciated.

I would strongly suggest reading the last version of this thread ( the one that got shut down) in its entirety. It will save you a ton of money, help you avoid mistakes, and give you ideas.Obviously, read this entire thread as well! I did a registered lower and SOCOM RC on a trust, both form 4s, and e-filed them (currently unavailable for form 4). Depending on your budget these can take a while. I make good money (not as much as some of the guys in here) and after reading both MK18 threads, now closed, I made my first purchases (noted above) in Oct 2013. I'm waiting on a couple of items, G33, QR sticker, and teardrop FA, and then it will be done.

Some items can be harder to find than others (taupe front sight, FDE DD MK18 rail, etc...), you should snatch those up as soon as you see them.

This is by far the most fun, rewarding, and expensive project I have done. feel free to email me if you have questions or need help. I don't post very often; however, I check this thread about 5 times per week.

Thanks for the info!! I'm going to take your advice on the reading, I think it will only help.

I got lucky and got a Taupe KAC sight.

Still thinking and rethinking the can though. KAC vs SF SOCOM????
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
HOTNESS!!!

Very Nice!!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 9:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Thanks for the info!! I'm going to take your advice on the reading, I think it will only help.

View All Quotes

If you're using the KAC front sight, you'll want to go with the SOCOM, the corn cob rocks, but it belongs on the MK18!
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:01:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Thunder79

What Flash hider is that?  Looks a little differant then I'm used to. Unless its the angle?
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:50:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bending_rodriguez] [#6]
Thunder79

What Flash hider is that?  Looks a little differant then I'm used to. Unless its the angle?
View Quote

Its the ELUSIVE 4 prong Surefire flash hider mount.
Dont even bother

But thunder...lookin badass!

ETA: maybe Im mistaken, might just be the 3 prong.  But my other statement stands....VERY difficult to find, only a very few guys have one.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bending_rodriguez:

Dont even bother

ETA: maybe Im mistaken, might just be the 3 prong.  But my other statement stands....VERY difficult to find, only a very few guys have one.
View All Quotes
Thunder79

Dont even bother

It's the 3 prong. I thought about hunting down the 4 prong issued one, but it didn't seem worth it.  Kudos to the guys who have 'em. FWIW, DD claims the 3 prong performs better and it's my understanding that the military made the contract before that was figured out. However, that's third hand information and I haven't verified it myself.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:06:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpaceRanger] [#8]

sf 4p on gb should i get it?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:07:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Dont even bother

View All Quotes
Thunder79

Dont even bother

Elusive?  Yes.  Impossible?  Nope

I have a serious problem when it comes to these clones

I have not compared the flash side by side with a 3 prong so I cannot comment on that.  

Although one thing that I find interesting is it seems that the SOCOM cans were designed specifically for the 4 prongs as the gas is directed almost perfectly to the holes on the blast baffle.  

Could someone take a photo of a can that has been run with a 3 prong for comparison?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#10]
What pistol grips are kosher?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:11:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By m4socom:

http://parahue.smugmug.com/photos/i-v2S7xbH/0/M/i-v2S7xbH-M.jpg

I have not compared the flash side by side with a 3 prong so I cannot comment on that.  

Although one thing that I find interesting is it seems that the SOCOM cans were designed specifically for the 4 prongs as the gas is directed almost perfectly to the holes on the blast baffle.  

http://parahue.smugmug.com/photos/i-QcQwxgw/0/M/i-QcQwxgw-M.jpg

Could someone take a photo of a can that has been run with a 3 prong for comparison?
View All Quotes
Thunder79

Dont even bother

It looks like you're right. How much diid you pay for those 4 prongers? Just curious, not trying to buy your unobtainium.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:12:32 AM EDT
[#12]
m4socom

All I can say is

SHAA WING -A- DING!!

Awesome rigs!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:13:41 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes

That buy it now

I've used mine on both the 3 and 4 prong and so far the wear is in the 4 hole pattern only.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#14]
What pistol grips are kosher?
View Quote

A1,A2,ERGO, MIAD, MOE
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:14:53 AM EDT
[#15]
m4socom

what light is that? looks sweet!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:15:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

It looks like you're right. How much diid you pay for those 4 prongers? Just curious, not trying to buy your unobtainium.
View All Quotes
Thunder79

Dont even bother

Well.....two of them were reasonable, just a little more than a 3 prong, the third not so much.  Figured when you're in this far, what's it matter!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#17]
wow did not think MIAD was ok
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:20:33 AM EDT
[#18]

Well.....two of them were reasonable, just a little more than a 3 prong, the third not so much.  Figured when you're in this far, what's it matter!
View All Quotes
Thunder79

Dont even bother

I hear you on that. Clones are god damn addictive. The hunt for parts....its like a gambling addiction, except we actually get to keep something. Lol
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:21:41 AM EDT
[#19]
wow did not think MIAD was ok
View Quote

Yea MIAD's are good to go.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#20]
m4socom

what light is that? looks sweet!!
View Quote

Thanks!  It's the surefire 300v in the S&S IFM 3V Hinged Mount.  While it may not be clone approved, it's lighter and lower profile than the WMX200 and feels awesome were it's at!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:23:41 AM EDT
[#21]
looking at some of your rigs makes me feel like I will never be able to be in this club because some of you boys are light years ahead of where I can hope to be.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#22]
looking at some of your rigs makes me feel like I will never be able to be in this club because some of you boys are light years ahead of where I can hope to be.
View Quote

If it makes you feel better I can't legally put a mk 18 upper on a rifle lower right now, I have to put it on a sig braced pistol lower and pretend it's a mk 18 until I get out of this shit stain of a state
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:30:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpaceRanger] [#23]
That sucks! But at least you have the baddest pistols I've seen.

My bad MILSPEC556 I got confused
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:59:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#24]
Do not, I repeat DO NOT hang out in the Plate Carrier and Battle Belt threads. I somehow got linked to one of them while checking out the gear in one of the CQBR pics on this thread. Next thing I know, I have level 4 plates en-route and a Xmas card from SKD thanking me for my last four orders (OK, I'm kidding about the SKD Xmas card).

Btw... Kerif Night Vision has the FDE Elcan bikini covers in stock. I had been looking for one for at least a month when I ran across their site. Fast shipping too...

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:04:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thunder79] [#25]

View All Quotes
Thunder79

Dont even bother

That photo was harder to take than you would think. This has about 3k rounds through it. It might be in my head, but my can seems to be getting louder.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#26]
PFran42

that is another level of awesomeness
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#27]

PFran42

View Quote

If you like mine, you should check out Asmig's build... and pay close attention to his LA-5.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:21:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By PFran42:
If you like mine, you should check out Asmig's build... and pay close attention to his LA-5.
View Quote

Thanks man

A few reposts, no new stuff right now

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:24:44 AM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
PFran42

I was refering to everything as a whole in your pic but, I sure will check out anything you guys suggest. Thank you

This clone stuff is going to be a problem for my wallet I can tell already
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By asmig:

Thanks man

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3858/15159797208_a016ee3784_h.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3873/15159851317_bc32c254ad_h.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2944/15412451771_be61e57780_h.jpg

Still my favorite rifle in here! I love the sling, where can I get one?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:32:46 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Its a viking tactics VTAC MK2 in AOR1. There are few out there on the used market, I think airsoft guys probably have the most of them that out there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:33:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#32]

View All Quotes

Thanks man

Keep an eye on eBay. They pop up from time to time, but prepare to pay $300+. Another option is a company that purchases VTAC padded slings in FDE and then switches out the fabric on the padded portion to AOR1.

I'll update this post with a link when I find it...

EDIT:

This might be it but it looks like it is sold out: http://www.semapogear.com/index.php/etc-11/aor1-devgru-sling.html

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:33:53 AM EDT
[#33]
asmig

That back drop is perfect because that pic just gave me wood!!

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:37:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Keep an eye on eBay. They pop up from time to time, but prepare to pay $300+. Another option is a company that purchases VTAC padded slings in FDE and then switches out the fabric on the padded portion to AOR1.

View All Quotes

Thanks man

Thats cool you guys help each other out. My kind of crew!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:47:00 AM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Thanks man

Thanks you guys for help with the sling, I saw one on Ebay last year and knew I should kick myself for not getting it! You guys rock!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:49:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:55:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Thanks man

very nice
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:12:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Do not, I repeat DO NOT hang out in the Plate Carrier and Battle Belt threads. I somehow got linked to one of them while checking out the gear in one of the CQBR pics on this thread. Next thing I know, I have level 4 plates en-route and a Xmas card from SKD thanking me for my last four orders (OK, I'm kidding about the SKD Xmas card).

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/psvDrrjJbGb7BsPBM6p8HEvjBX3II1NvlD8yOB95dezu=w1716-h1385-no

Btw... Kerif Night Vision has the FDE Elcan bikini covers in stock. I had been looking for one for at least a month when I ran across their site. Fast shipping too...

View Quote

GAHTF clone shoot anyone?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#39]
So since slings came up...

What are the 'proper' slings for a M4A1 CQBR Block I or Mk 18 Mod 0?  I've seen references in this thread, and the previous two, to at least CQD slings, VTAC MK1 slings, and MP5 slings. However, I haven't seen anything definitive. Is this because other than perhaps a CQD sling issued on a Mk 18, the slings are more typically a unit or individual choice?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#40]

That buy it now
I've used mine on both the 3 and 4 prong and so far the wear is in the 4 hole pattern only.
View All Quotes

That buy it now

I ran the one on GB up to $650.00 still did not meet reserve price.  

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:29:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By OStateFlyer:
So since slings came up...

What are the 'proper' slings for a M4A1 CQBR Block I or Mk 18 Mod 0?  I've seen references in this thread, and the previous two, to at least CQD slings, VTAC MK1 slings, and MP5 slings. However, I haven't seen anything definitive. Is this because other than perhaps a CQD sling issued on a Mk 18, the slings are more typically a unit or individual choice?
View Quote

Someone could correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe CQD mounts with the sling being user/operator choice. Most popular seem to be VTAC and Vickers.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:51:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpaceRanger] [#42]
safetyoff

Stay Back! I'm working a deal for it.  

and it's at 400 umm  are you confused or is there another one?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:54:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpaceRanger] [#43]
Thunder

You think the clips or QD sling attachment method is a better set up?

I see you are running the clips in your pic but thought I'd ask.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#44]

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/psvDrrjJbGb7BsPBM6p8HEvjBX3II1NvlD8yOB95dezu=w1716-h1385-no

View Quote

Diggin everything in that pic. What brand IFAK is that? I just picked up the Army issued IFAK from Augee ( disclaimer for Augee, it was NOT his issued IFAK)
Still need to pick up quick clot and a nasopharyngeal airway tho.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:35:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR15USA] [#45]
The SF 4 pong current bid on GB is $550, and still havt met reserve price yet. That's fucking crazy people willing to  spend that kinda money on a flash hider, and even more crazy, the seller wants more than that.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:38:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AR15USA:
The SF 4 pong current bid on GB is $550, and still havt met reserve price yet. That's fucking crazy to spend that kinda money on a flash hidder
View Quote

No kiddin. Especially considering the socom dude on the last page payed just over 3 prong MSRP for 2 of his 4 prongs. And 3 prong MSRP is $129...
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ECPrevatte] [#47]
That's a tough sell for me.

Maybe if I couldn't have a suppressor I would consider I guess for the sake of clone but I keep my can on almost exclusively.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd be cautious in bidding on that one due to the sellers location.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:49:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:
I'd be cautious in bidding on that one due to the sellers location.
View Quote

Too much pot ?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:51:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR15USA] [#50]
That seller must be on this board and read this thread. He just closed the auction
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 145 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top