Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2013 3:57:18 PM EDT
Has anyone ever ordered from Barrier Defense? Im thinking on ordering some stuff from them but want to know if there GTG since I have never heard of them before..
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:07:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 7:10:28 AM EDT
[#2]
What do they have that all of the well known site sponsors do not?
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Judging by some of the pics on their website i would stay away. They have pics of a complete upper with a quad rail that appears to be installed with the 3 and 9 o'clock rails installed at the 6 and 12 o'clock position. Looks like it has QD sling sockets on the top rail. Also no mention of barrel material, barrel twist rate, or if the barrels are chrome lined or not.  Non milspec BCG's. BCG is mil-spec in dimensions only, not in material quality. You would be better off ordering from PSA at this companies price points on their items. Also not to mention they are a no-name company that appears to be using sub-standard, low quality parts.

ETA: Just out of interest OP. What parts are looking to purchase from them?
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do they have that all of the well known site sponsors do not?
View Quote

in stock 7.62X39 barrels and BCG Trust me if a Site Sponsor has what Im looking for by all means I would rather other from them but I am finding nothing..
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 9:06:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Check out Ballistic Advantage and AR15 performance. I know the latter used to make 7.62x39 AR barrels. The former makes 5.45x39 barrels and bolts to order. Maybe they'll do 7.62x39 as well?

Honestly, if you want a 7.62x39 AR you should probably look at a Rock River Arms LAR-47. They use standard AK mags which should aid reliability IMO (the standard AR lower mag well just doesn't play nice with tapered cases).

Also, if you just want something that isn't an AK, you might look at the Sig 556R. Supposedly the new version worked out all the kinks from the prior version.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top