Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 228
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vuong0916] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:

Can you post a picture? If you've completely wallowed out the screw, or filled it completely with jb weld, you will probably wind up having to destroy the trigger guard to remove it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vuong0916:
i put some jb weld in the hole and put my hex screw in there and let it cure to try to turn it but no good. The screw is sitting flush no way to dremel it

Can you post a picture? If you've completely wallowed out the screw, or filled it completely with jb weld, you will probably wind up having to destroy the trigger guard to remove it.

I just applied some more jb weld, I'm going to give it a longer cure time then I did before so hopefully it can harden up enough where I can unscrew it

This is what I'm working on, I know I got to change my bravo and buis and grip and get a red dot
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:03:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think you're going to be successful with that, man. Looks like the JB Weld overflowed, and is going to want to stick to the receiver. To be honest with you, I'd try to remove what you can before it cures and gives you more trouble, and then just call it a loss on the trigger guard and VERY carefully cut it off.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:04:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DontBuryMe] [#3]

I just applied some more jb weld, I'm going to give it a longer cure time then I did before so hopefully it can harden up enough where I can unscrew it
http://<a href=http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/Vuong0916/9ABB56AA-C9E4-4AB5-8E43-AF66E0155BD4_zps95xjr186.jpg
View All Quotes
i put some jb weld in the hole and put my hex screw in there and let it cure to try to turn it but no good. The screw is sitting flush no way to dremel it

http://<a href=http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/Vuong0916/9ABB56AA-C9E4-4AB5-8E43-AF66E0155BD4_zps95xjr186.jpg

Upon closer examination, it would be easier to just cut that trigger guard off and chock it up as a loss.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:08:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think you're going to be successful with that, man. Looks like the JB Weld overflowed, and is going to want to stick to the receiver. To be honest with you, I'd try to remove what you can before it cures and gives you more trouble, and then just call it a loss on the trigger guard and VERY carefully cut it off.
View Quote

I removed most of the over flow already now I just have to wait 24h for it to cure
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By minion42:

The Matech sight is terrible. Lots of glare, oddly-sized peephole, breaks easily. Only reason I have one is because I didn't know better at the time, don't use it (BUIS), it was "clone correct," and it's not quite as ugly as the Magpul MBUS.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By minion42:
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
Originally Posted By RifleManWI:
I probably replaced 75 or so out of a battalions worth of weapons the 6 years I was in the army as a 45B/91F for the same reason. The newer ones seemed to lock down better. The few I have on my rifles currently have no issues, however they are not being constantly tossed in a conex on top of each other.

You'd think the military would have started issuing KAC rears, since they're in the system already, and significantly better in every way than the Matech. My personally owned one still stays down fine, but that's only because I've only popped it up like 3 times.

They do. Just not in the Army. The Marines get issued KAC rears.

The Matech sight is terrible. Lots of glare, oddly-sized peephole, breaks easily. Only reason I have one is because I didn't know better at the time, don't use it (BUIS), it was "clone correct," and it's not quite as ugly as the Magpul MBUS.

I disagree that it's terrible. I've been running one for years and have had zero issues. It's not as nice as the KAC, but I do prefer the elevation dial over the KAC. In the end it's a back up sight, and I don't expect anymore than function from it. And it does that just fine for me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Thing is the unit armorer can order KACs.  There are NSNs for the 300m and 600m.  I just received 20 ea Matech and 600m KACs.  Still haven't received anymore KAC folding front sights yet.  :(  I carry several of each when I travel around to the teams.

CD
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:39:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#7]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Thing is the unit armorer can order KACs.  There are NSNs for the 300m and 600m.  I just received 20 ea Matech and 600m KACs.  Still haven't received anymore KAC folding front sights yet.  :(  I carry several of each when I travel around to the teams.

CD
View Quote

I would love to see a pic of that.

Can you order taupe and black 99051's or do they just send you taupe?
Also, do you reviled all small arms weapons, or just M4A1's?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 6:56:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#8]

View All Quotes

CD

The three 99051's I still have are taupe.  I'm still waiting on back order on my others requested, color not specified.  I work on all SOF/SOCOM specific weapon systems.  Mk11, Mk12, Mk13,Mk16, Mk17, Mk18/URGs, G19, M1911A1s, Mk44, Mk46, Mk47, Mk48 and M3 Carl Gustav, etc.  Normally don't work on mother Army funded systems.

and do you mean these thingamajigs?????

CD

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
Didn't the TA01 predate TA31? I thought 01 was B1 and 31 was more B2? I know both models are made in ECOS variations which would work for B2.  

Either way, fuck 01, I want fiber optic in an ACOG.
View Quote

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/company/history.php

The TA01NSN was specifically developed as the 4X DOS (Day Optical Sight) component of the original SOPMOD program.  The TA01-naught pre-existed the 01NSN.  

The TA11 was the first BAC/fiber optic ACOG developed, and released a few years later in the 4x32 form-factor.  

"Technically" speaking, the BAC/fiber optic ACOGs have never been a SOPMOD component - the SU-237/PVS was designed as an update of the 4X DOS PIP, which was a TA01NSN with an MRD (usually a JPoint in a winged mount, but not exclusively) piggybacked - and developed as the TA01ECOS.  The TA31ECOS was simply a no-brainer for Trijicon, given the popularity of the BAC ACOGs and the TA31-family, but what SOCOM requested was an upgraded 4X DOS/TA01NSN.  

That being said, the TA01-family was never formally "adopted" by any conventional forces - many different ACOG models and types were purchased and issued through a variety of means by conventional forces, but the most popular proved to be the TA31F model.  

The TA31F was then slightly modified and the TA31RCO models were "formalized," first as the AN/PVQ-31A (20" BDC) and AN/PVQ-31B (14.5" BDC), then later as the M150RCO with a few other changes.  A common "myth" is that the AN/PVQ-31A/B (TA31RCO) was a Marine Corps-only thing, however the "AN" designation is a Joint Electronics Type Designation System (JETDS) (yes, I know the ACOG doesn't have electronics) prefix meaning "Army/Navy," and the Army issued large numbers of AN/PVQ-31Bs before type-designating the M150RCO.  

WRT SOCOM units - you have to remember that SOCOM units are not limited to ordering supplies through SOPMOD/SOCOM, and they have access to anything that their "home" service has, and usually for much cheaper, so often they will order as much as they can through their "home" component, and only order SOF-specific items that they could not get through their native branch - meaning that particularly Army and Marine Corps pukes can get as many AN/PVQ-31Bs and M150RCOs as they want so long as they ask for them, because they're standard equipment for their native conventional forces.  

This is the same reason a lot of ARSOC M4A1s in the "Block I" era had M68CCOs rather than ECOS-Ns (the easiest way to tell the difference being the QRP versus Wilcox mount - they were both originally the Aimpoint CompM and CompM2).  

I'd say it says a little something something that ARSOC units could get as many M68CCOs (now CompM4s) as they wanted for basically nothing, but they all keep getting EOTechs through SOCOM, but we'll not open that can of worms.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#10]

The three 99051's I still have are taupe.  I'm still waiting on back order on my others requested, color not specified.  I work on all SOF/SOCOM specific weapon systems.  Mk11, Mk12, Mk13,Mk16, Mk17, Mk18/URGs, G19, M1911A1s, Mk44, Mk46, Mk47, Mk48 and M3 Carl Gustav, etc.  Normally don't work on mother Army funded systems.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/URG_goodies.jpg

CD

View All Quotes

CD

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/URG_goodies.jpg

CD

Yep, those thingamajiggs.

A legit block II assembly pic a day keeps the withdrawals at bay. (Or was it keeps the wallet empty?)

All of the above.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
On the topic of ACOG's what/is the approved QD mount for the ACOG, or does socom just issue the acog with the supplied ta51 mount?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:32:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:
On the topic of ACOG's what/is the approved QD mount for the ACOG, or does socom just issue the acog with the supplied ta51 mount?
View Quote

That's the only mount I've every seen since 95'

CD
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By iluvmy86:
View Quote

Yep. TA51. The Marines use the LaRue mount which is lightyears better than the TA51. So that's what I ran on my NSN/block 2. Nobody will sweat you for it, since it's in use somewhere. Conventional isn't SOCOM, but I already had both mounts, and wasn't about to nm pick the TA51 over my Larue considering the above
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#14]
thanks CD and MILSPEC
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#15]
BCM box sitting on my porch........hmmm
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:52:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#16]
Originally Posted By AmericanCheese:
View Quote

Best snag it before the neighborhood theif does
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:54:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Best snag it before the neighborhood the if does
View All Quotes

i'm so glad I listened to you and returned that heaping pile of Del-Ton.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 4:56:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#18]

View All Quotes

Yes yes. Another member got a bad barrel from them, it wasn't even useable, and they blamed it on him (even tho it was brand new) then blamed it on the ammo he tried (even tho he tried 3 different kinds of ammo) then they made him pay return shipping.

I REPEAT- FUCK DELTON!!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 5:11:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#19]
I'm amazed they are still a sponsor in here.  

BCM makes killer shit, but they aren't shy about whoring themselves out!

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Cross posting from MK18 thread ...

Originally Posted By sweatpants:
Originally Posted By sweatpants:
I've received several messages regarding AU and SF suppressors

Here is my current timeline ...

Jun 29 - I purchase the suppressor from AU
Jul 07 - AU contacts me for FFL information
Jul 07 - My FFL sends his information to AU
??? ?? - AU submits their F3
??? ?? - F3 approved by ATF
Sep 15 - AU ships my suppressor to my dealer
View Quote

Sep 22 - Suppressor delivered.
Sep 28 - F4 submitted

Following up for clone bros ... my suppressor showed up at my FFL with no info outside of the AU's dealer info.  If you ordered one and got tracking information contact your FFL and keep in touch.  My F4 wasn't submitted until today because my FFL couldn't figure out where a random SOCOM can came from.

Someone on a facebook group had a horror story kinda situation because of AU's general shittiness in regards to shipping.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2015 5:46:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#21]

<a href="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/americancheese1/media/3d1e0550-d500-4283-abb8-0168a980a3cf_zpsu6wyibkx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/americancheese1/3d1e0550-d500-4283-abb8-0168a980a3cf_zpsu6wyibkx.jpg</a>
View Quote

Ugh, dude I miss my first BCM SOCOM upper. That was a nice upper (that I traded for my first block 2 upper, not this one)
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#22]

<a href="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/americancheese1/media/3d1e0550-d500-4283-abb8-0168a980a3cf_zpsu6wyibkx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt202/americancheese1/3d1e0550-d500-4283-abb8-0168a980a3cf_zpsu6wyibkx.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice! 14.5 pinned to 16.1 ?
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I got a BCM charging handle fixed, and they sent me five stickers back with it. They definitely like giving stuff away.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:33:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By fastfoot:

View All Quotes

Yes sir! SF3P
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Yes sir! SF3P
View All Quotes

Yes sir! SF3P

Jelly! I've been thinking about redoing my Block I to a more legit barrel , just hate to give up a great shooting barrel to appease the clone gods.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Yeah, that's a tough one.  I would just build one from the ground up
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

My next one keeps looking more and more like it'll be a cqbr.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:26:39 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

I thought you were talking about the 14.7 at first, which I wouldn't replace. But if the "B1" has a 16"er on it, you gotta get on that shit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:50:13 PM EDT
[#29]
RAS on sale (another member) in EE for $125 with three panels if anyone is working on clone build:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_25/1474709_KAC__TD__BCM__VTAC.html
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:35:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seamasterpro] [#30]
I have pretty much come full circle with my ARs since I started in 2003/4. Originally I wanted a standard issue M4 carbine, I didn't know any better so I ended up with a 16" DPMS HBAR with a thick heavy gas block and free float, thing must have weighed 10lbs. After that I moved onto another carbine, an A4gery, a middy with a FSB (later shaved down and installed a Troy Alpha), a Noveske Rogue hunter (still have), a BCM lightweight KMR, a DD MK18 and finally back to what I always wanted: a (sort of) standard M4 carbine and I couldn't be happier, here are the specs:

Colt LE6920-OEM1
Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrel w/ pinned/welded BCM A2X
Colt side sling swivel
KAC M4 RAS
KAC 600M BUIS
Blue Force Gear Vickers sling
Aimpoint T-1

All that is left is possibly sell the Aimpoint to help buy a TA31RCO and to get a light

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:27:05 AM EDT
[#31]
reminds me of this pic:

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:11:02 AM EDT
[#32]

That was one of my inspiration photos, I kick myself for not picking up one of those lights when they were on clearance over labor day for like $150
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#33]
So it turns out after looking at old deployment pictures, my issued M4 had a Diemaco upper, so now I need to find one.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#34]
If anybody has an upper they want to get rid of pm me if you want to.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:25:41 PM EDT
[#35]

So it turns out after looking at old deployment pictures, my issued M4 had a Diemaco upper, so now I need to find one.
View Quote
There's been a few around lately. Check the EE.

I got the upper on the right (Diemaco) from TOS a little while ago:

2015-09-26_03-56-51 by azoutdoorsman, on Flickr

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
Here you go:

Link Posted: 10/2/2015 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By seamasterpro:

That was one of my inspiration photos, I kick myself for not picking up one of those lights when they were on clearance over labor day for like $150
View All Quotes

That would've been sweet.  But how about the LASER.  U need one of those.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:11:08 AM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By azoutdoorsman:
Here you go:  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_159/1463649_Colt_Diemaco_M4_14_5_Barreled_uppers_Colt_of_Canada_Lowered_Prices.html

Thanks man, I had my eye on those for a few days, but I think ide rather get a stripped upper and build off of that. I think genefromreno had some.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:04:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#40]
I have pretty much come full circle with my ARs since I started in 2003/4. Originally I wanted a standard issue M4 carbine, I didn't know any better so I ended up with a 16" DPMS HBAR with a thick heavy gas block and free float, thing must have weighed 10lbs. After that I moved onto another carbine, an A4gery, a middy with a FSB (later shaved down and installed a Troy Alpha), a Noveske Rogue hunter (still have), a BCM lightweight KMR, a DD MK18 and finally back to what I always wanted: a (sort of) standard M4 carbine and I couldn't be happier, here are the specs:

Colt LE6920-OEM1
Colt side sling swivel
KAC M4 RAS
KAC 600M BUIS
Aimpoint T-1

All that is left is possibly sell the Aimpoint to help buy a TA31RCO and to get a light

<a href="http://s184.photobucket.com/user/seamasterpro/media/A5EDEAEF-6577-45B4-9137-DE06D582670F_zpseqbnlvfj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x288/seamasterpro/A5EDEAEF-6577-45B4-9137-DE06D582670F_zpseqbnlvfj.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s184.photobucket.com/user/seamasterpro/media/1EFEB1A1-1D60-4B20-86A9-154A98A2195B_zps6q5wtr1p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x288/seamasterpro/1EFEB1A1-1D60-4B20-86A9-154A98A2195B_zps6q5wtr1p.jpg</a>
View Quote

Titties! I'd leave as is, that's gotta be a nice light weight carbine in that configuration . I'd just add the light and call it done.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:27:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Colt LE6920-OEM1
Colt side sling swivel
KAC M4 RAS
KAC 600M BUIS
Aimpoint T-1

<a href="http://s184.photobucket.com/user/seamasterpro/media/A5EDEAEF-6577-45B4-9137-DE06D582670F_zpseqbnlvfj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x288/seamasterpro/A5EDEAEF-6577-45B4-9137-DE06D582670F_zpseqbnlvfj.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s184.photobucket.com/user/seamasterpro/media/1EFEB1A1-1D60-4B20-86A9-154A98A2195B_zps6q5wtr1p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x288/seamasterpro/1EFEB1A1-1D60-4B20-86A9-154A98A2195B_zps6q5wtr1p.jpg</a>
View Quote

That is pretty much perfect.  I run an ACOG on mine and I like it a lot but that looks really good with the T-1.  I'd be pretty torn.  This thread always reminds me how much I like the basic Block I style M4's.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AmericanCheese] [#42]
I wonder why we see almost zero 1.5/PR's running an M3X......almost everything is 951's.  I'm going to throw the kitchen sink at my PR.  Colt car stock, M3X, A1 grip, SU-231a.......I don't care anymore.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I wonder why we see almost zero 1.5/PR's running an M3X......almost everything is 951's.  I'm going to throw the kitchen sink at my PR.  Colt car stock, M3X, A1 grip, SU-231a.......I don't care anymore.  
View Quote

I've seen a ton. Nowadays most PR's have the WMX though. The 951 and 961 is a block 1 optic, although we've seen some on PR's too.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Good stuff.....my 6 is covered then.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:53:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Good stuff.....my 6 is covered then.
View Quote

I'm probably going to run my 952V on this PR I'm collecting parts together for, but I may run the M3X/dual switch on it instead....
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#46]
How's the build coming along?  Do you only need a barrel?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 3:59:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#47]
How's the build coming along?  Do you only need a barrel?
View Quote

After hoag gets home from his deployment I should have the barrel good to go. Besides that, I need-

Another M4 RAS
Another BCG
Another Matech
Upper build kit (forward assist/dust cover)

And I think that's it. Maybe a Colt or BCM CH.
Oh, and a G.I. front sling mount (the one that faces to the side)
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I've got some parts laying around I can throw at you.  I definitely have a Colt CH.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Stickman:
Not my picture, this is a layout I had not seen before.  

http://www.americanspecialops.com/images/photos/force-recon/force-recon-marine-hr.jpg
View Quote

same setup travis haley ran on his. must be a force recon thing
Page / 228
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top