Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2013 8:35:24 PM EDT
http://live.denverpost.com/Event/Colorado_Senate_to_debate_seven_gun_bills_on_floor

They just voted at 12:30 Eastern Time.

Motion passed.

Mags are banned.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:37:36 PM EDT
[#1]
damn
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]
There goes the neighborhood.  And there goes MagPul.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I guess Magpul is going to Oklahoma.

I heard they were offered a sweet deal.

Not sure if any other states have offered deals.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell Yeah we won't make em leave. All the California commies fucked up Colorado.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://live.denverpost.com/Event/Colorado_Senate_to_debate_seven_gun_bills_on_floor

They just voted at 12:30 Eastern Time.

Motion passed.

Mags are banned.

Doesn't look they've voted...looks to still be in discussion to me. edit: nevermind they were voting on amendments to it
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:52:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Another law crammed through in the middle of the night. Fucking coward motherfuckers!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_22746922/colorado-gun-bills-limits-ammunition-magazines-be-debated

They passed the mag ban of 15 rounds or more.

They debated amendments after that.

One amendment was to ban ALL mags.

THAT failed.

On the link above, the story was updated with the passing of the mag ban.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:55:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Ouch
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you read your own link?

"The measure now heads to a final floor vote on Monday — moving it a step closer to being signed into law by Gov. John Hickenlooper, who has indicated his support of the legislation."

It will likely pass, but it's not law yet.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Fucking commie bastards have messed up yet another great state. May there be a special hell waiting for these pieces of s***.

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Just emailed the realtor I was working with on a condo in the Winter Park area.  Told her I was no longer interested and why.  So what are the good ski areas in Wyoming (besides Jackson Hole)?
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Colorado patriots put up a good fight.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#13]
What a bunch of dirtbags.

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just emailed the realtor I was working with on a condo in the Winter Park area.  Told her I was no longer interested and why.  So what are the good ski areas in Wyoming (besides Jackson Hole)?

Jackson Hole. (thats pretty much it.)

Look in Utah.

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Just Jackson

Check Idaho, too.  I'm from there and moving back home in June when I graduate.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:10:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Grand Targhee
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

"The measure now heads to a final floor vote on Monday — moving it a step closer to being signed into law by Gov. John Hickenlooper, who has indicated his support of the legislation."

WTF is it with people and not being able to read, or comprehend things on a first grade level.

According to some idiots here, this is about the tenth time that mags have been banned in Colorado.

Reading is Fundamental

And, if you are going to start a thread about legislation, try to have at least an inkling of understanding of the legislative process.  

Yes, mags will probably be banned in CO. No, they haven't been banned yet.

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Magpul should do what Barett and Larue are doing.  Hold state law enforcement to the same laws as the civilians.  Larue wont ship an AR15 to California law enforcement departments without the bullet button and a 10 round fixed magazine ha ha ha ha.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:32:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF is it with people and not being able to read, or comprehend things on a first grade level.

According to some idiots here, this is about the tenth time that mags have been banned in Colorado.

Reading is Fundamental
And, if you are going to start a thread about legislation, try to have at least an inkling of understanding of the legislative process.  

Yes, mags will probably be banned in CO. No, they haven't been banned yet.

You are right.  I missed that it was not the final vote.

Sorry for that.

It did pass the House and now the Senate.

It is a virtual certainty that it will pass the final vote.

No amendments were added which would cause House members to change their vote.

The Governor said he will sign it.

You are right though, we have to wait till Monday for official passing.

Then the Governor must sign it before it will be law.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#21]
After reading that it hasn't been signed in yet (but most likely will), I feel bad for the employees who can't relocate and will have to find new jobs, as well as the local economy that will suffer as a result of Magpul leaving. Good on Magpul though for putting up a good fight and sticking to their morals.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#22]
The Village and Grand Targhee are awesome, help us outvote some of the liberals here in Jackson, plus we have an awesome shooting range.
Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hell Yeah we won't make em leave. All the California commies fucked up Colorado.

Here in Florida, it's the yankee transplants from NY that are starting to F**K up the Gunshine State...Mainly in South Florida tand Orlando though and those are the areas that won the state for Obummer...

IBTM

Link Posted: 3/8/2013 10:58:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here in Florida, it's the yankee transplants from NY that are starting to F**K up the Gunshine State...Mainly in South Florida tand Orlando though and those are the areas that won the state for Obummer...

IBTM

You're correct.  I say to them don't come here trying to change things...
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

IBTM

I know my dad's best friend a raging democrat lives there now, but he left MN not NYC.

As far as Colorado don't worry the Dems will run your state into the ground too, so your worries will soon go to your failing economy, and to many entitlements then you can riot and restart the place. I like the way ND wrote their state constitution, there can be no deficits. There has to be a balanced budget even if that means some entitlements get axed.
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 1:18:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IBTM

You're correct.  I say to them don't come here trying to change things...

Yup, but don't forget Tampa.  For every one conservative New Yorker or Jersey person that comes to Florida, 9 of their liberal relatives follow.  Just stay where you're at, you're now helping us.

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 2:00:05 AM EDT
[#27]
*DELETE*
Link Posted: 3/9/2013 3:06:17 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IBTM

They've been fucking things up here in NC too.... For a while now.

Link Posted: 3/9/2013 3:14:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Ban threads go into GD
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top