AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Bushmaster.

They're essentially the same thing since Freedom Group, as others have pointed out, but the Bushmaster will have higher resale when you decide to arbitrarily "upgrade" a functional rifle when you get sick of getting made fun of on the internet.  

~Augee

This, or in the 50% that hate both...

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Bushmaster
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Bushmaster.

They're essentially the same thing since Freedom Group, as others have pointed out, but the Bushmaster will have higher resale when you decide to arbitrarily "upgrade" a functional rifle when you get sick of getting made fun of on the internet.  

~Augee

Well That's it.  Anyone who owns a Bushmaster are not allowed to play with all the rich kids.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I own both.  I have what started as a Bushmaster ORC.  It has run flawless through thousands of rounds.  I have a DPMS Bull barrel upper that has run flawless as well on top of both a Spikes lower and the Bushy Lower.  It shoots 10 shot groups less than 1/2 inch at 100 yds with PMC bronze very impressed with the accuracy of the upper.  I just recently like just after Christmas ran across the DPMS sportical in WalMart and picked it up for $570 had there not been a panic buying spree going on i would have walked right buy but I seen it and said what the hell.  I haven't even taken the tag off the trigger guard yet.  Fit and finish are good nothing about the gun strikes me as poor quality but I have not shot it so only time will tell.  I am however not a huge fan of the slick side upper it just looks funny to me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This thread should be interesting, and you'll probably find that about 50% favor, one, 50% favor the other, and 50% hate them both

Not quite.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
bushy
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I've owned maybe 8 or 10 Bushys since 1986 and  have never had a problem with any of them.

I've owned 6 or 8 Colt's and never had a problem with them.

I've owned 1 LMT and had a problem with it.

I don't believe DPMS is using 4150 barrel steel like Bushy. They are still using 4140 as is Rock River and quite a few others.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 5:32:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bushmaster.

~Augee

Well That's it.  Anyone who owns a Bushmaster are not allowed to play with all the rich kids.

Being rich (I am most certainly not) has nothing to do with it.  I would pick a used high quality rifle over a brand new lesser rifle any day, at approximately the same cost for a savvy shopper.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 5:46:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I voted Shrubmaster.  Save a little more and buy a dd bcm better rifle.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 5:48:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I realize that the two do not honor respect from pompous asses that consider Rock River the bare minimum of acceptability to even be a member of this forum.

If it helps to garner even the slightest amount of respectability, I do own a Sig Sauer
M400.  

My income level allows me to afford whatever I want or need, I am blessed for this, but there are some that can not afford to put out for a RRA Pro-Series Elite?  Does that mean that forum members should excoriate them?

Bottom line, the gun stores around here are not jam packed with H&K’s, Sig’s, or Rock Rivers, the shelves are empty.  I simply wanedt to pick up an extra AR, and these were the two that I could come up with and I wanted some advice from forum members as to which I should buy.

Sure that is understandable.  Neither brand is that great.  Nobody should be excoriating you, by the same token don;t ask people's opinions if you don't actually want to hear them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Get a dartboard. When FAG bought both companies they moved the factory, replaced the workers and left the DPMS team in place. The disposed of Bushmaster team started - http://www.windhamweaponry.com/ - a new company building quality AR's in the old Bushmaster factory. All 3 companies produce AR's that work - DPMS has been innovative in calibers and available upper configurations. Bushmaster has been hit a bit by the bean counters of FAG/REM. Windham produces a limited number of quality firearms. Remember the M16/AR15 is designed to be simple in standard configurations. You really can make a bad decision in todays market if you stay with a factory model that has a good warranty. Bushmaster would concern me a bit as they are up for sale and who knows who will buy them.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top