Author
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:29:22 AM EST
Greetings all. New here to this forum and first post. I've recently purchased the above AR. I don't have it yet but it should come in this week. I'm looking forward to shooting this weapon. I've been a handgun/shotgun person for 35 years and have been looking at AR's for a long time. Of course by waiting until after Newtown I've paid more than I wanted. Now comes the problem of buying ammo, accessories and mags for a still somewhat reasonable price. Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated. By the way. A Bushnell Red Dot comes with the gun as well.
AmericanSoldier1989
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:31:47 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/2/2013 9:33:59 AM EST by AmericanSoldier1989]
Greetings!

Couldn't have bought at a better time.

ETA: as far as mags... you will need to be quick on the punch. People on here will post when mags are available. With that being said, you will have approx. 2 min. tops to jump on it and order them. Or you can just randomly look at sites for available stuff. Could also do the ole "Email when in stock".

Ammo..same thing.
"I believe that forgiving terrorists is God's function. Our job is simply to arrange the meeting."
- General Norman Schwartzkof
Stickman
Rainier Arms
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/2/2013 9:58:07 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/2/2013 10:05:11 AM EST by Stickman]
Originally Posted By EODTrainer:
Greetings all. New here to this forum and first post. I've recently purchased the above AR. I don't have it yet but it should come in this week. I'm looking forward to shooting this weapon. I've been a handgun/shotgun person for 35 years and have been looking at AR's for a long time. Of course by waiting until after Newtown I've paid more than I wanted. Now comes the problem of buying ammo, accessories and mags for a still somewhat reasonable price. Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated. By the way. A Bushnell Red Dot comes with the gun as well.

Don't expect the carbon to be the same as a standard AR15, in general they are not considered to be of high quality. From an EOD perspective, old dynamite found in a mine shaft versus new blocks of C4. Both are explosive, but one you are going to trust a lot more than the other. I'm honestly not sure why Bushmaster still makes those aside from being able to do it cheaply. On a brighter note, in the world of haves and have nots, at least you have a firearm. Aside from snapping stocks, one of the other issues seen is bullets gouging into the receiver just underneath the barrel extension. Once they start to make a hole, the weapon quickly becomes inop as it won't feed. A simple fix for this would have been M4 style feedramps into the polymer, but I think it would have made it too thin and have created more problems. It is just something to watch out for. I'm not sure if Bushmaster will cover that, everyone I know has just traded them in towards regular AR15s eventually if they used them for training or as regular shooters.

Get out to The Arsenal often?

Stick
sales@rainierarms.com
www.rainierarms.com
(253) 218-2999 Office
(253) 218-2998 FAX
www.weaponevolution.com

www.stickgunner.com
EODTrainer
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:34:04 AM EST
Thanks for the replies. I'm still having problems finding any ammo. The gun should be at the dealer this week so hopefully by next week I'll be on the range shooting the gun.
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2013 3:56:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/4/2013 3:56:18 AM EST by RDTCU]
Well, it will be light. Hope you don't have any problems with it...
TaylorWSO
Kool-aid
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/4/2013 4:02:04 AM EST

Originally Posted By EODTrainer:
Any suggestions on where to start would be appreciated.

read the faqs/stickies at the top of this and the ammo forum

shoot

take a class

shoot.

then modify with the needless stuff
Anything is possible, everything is temporary