Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2012 5:33:00 PM EDT
I just got my Yankee Hill low profile gas block and had a question. Where the gas tube slides in, should that hole run the entire length of the block? Mine does. But I'm sort of confused. On the stock front sight post, you insert the gas tube into it, and there's no hole that goes the length of it.

Now, when I align the gas block up on the barrel, the gas tube fits in, and if you put the roll pin thru the gas block, it aligns the vertical gas ports (b/w tube, block, and barrel) up just fine. The end of the gas tube itself appears to be sealed, just not one end of the gas block. Should I be concerned or is this normal?
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 5:36:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Normal.
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
It's fine
Link Posted: 5/31/2012 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#3]
It's fine! I have one and it goes bang every time!
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 6:38:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome!  Thanks guys!  I just got that, YHM mid-length free float, and Troy front flip up iron all installed yesterday!  I appreciate the the help!
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't matter much... the gas tube has a plug crimped in to prevent gas from going the wrong direction, and the crimp is aided by the gas tube roll pin.

In the plus column... it's lighter (but not much) being drilled through.
In the minus column... the blind hole provides another place for crud and water to enter and possibly live. Maybe.

Joe
Link Posted: 6/1/2012 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Meh, that'll just pack the end of the tube tighter.  Lol.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top