Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2012 9:06:25 PM EDT
I was in the market for a rifle case but didn't want to spend a arm & leg for it.  Decided on a Drago Case.  Purchased it at AIM for $59.95.  I am very pleased with this case.  Seems like it it well made & heavy duty.  There are so many pockets that I don't know what to fill them with.  Haha...  Snapped a few pics with my phone for you guys.

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks just like the voodoo one - lots of space.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
nice i got a od midway usa one that holds 5 mags and the rifle with another front storage section. its decent
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 1:57:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And my Condor.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:09:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got the drago single rifle case and like it too. Mine is tan, got it from natchez shooters supply. I wasn't fond of the dragon so it came off but the rest of the case is very nice.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 4:11:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Great thanks for the review. I to am intrested in this case.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 6:18:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It may look like the voodoo but the functionality is a lot different.

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 6:31:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Whoa, that's the case that is packaged with Sig M400's.  I've been trying to figure out the maker.  Thanks!  

Oh, and I concur...awesome case, well made.  Love mine(came with my Sig ofc).
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe the one I got from Sportsmansguide isn't a voodoo then?  It has the same pockets and straps.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 9:02:42 AM EDT
[#9]
What do you guys fill the other pockets with?  So far I have some extra mags, ammo & 2 pistols in them but there is still a lot of space left.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And my Condor.

As mine.....really like mine
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 10:01:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe the one I got from Sportsmansguide isn't a voodoo then?  It has the same pockets and straps.

Does your voodoo have the two zip pockets on the upper front of the bag,  one on each side?  

Link Posted: 5/4/2012 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks, I was looking at these.  I have another soft case with a bunch of pockets and I keep mags, GI cleaning kit, OTIS cleaning kit,  CLP, spare parts and some small tools, Mike Panone book, notebook, sling light and optic when notin use...
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#13]
looks just like my voodoo one.....
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 1:41:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Does it have spots to hold pistol mags as well as Ar mags ?
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#15]
The price is cheap, are they made in China?
That would be a big negative for me personally.
The Larue tactical cases I've been buying are all made in USA.
Link Posted: 5/4/2012 8:43:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does it have spots to hold pistol mags as well as Ar mags ?

The pockets are so deep you can hold a lot of different mags.  I have 3 Pmags in one pocket & can still fit about 3 more in the same pocket.
Link Posted: 5/5/2012 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#17]
It's almost identical as my ModGear bag that I got from Cheaper Than Dirt ($59.95 I think) except for the extra velcro strips on the front. The removable pouches, double zipper comparts, velcro hold-downs for the rifle, 2 inner pockets, etc. My buddy liked mine so much that he ordered one from them but got something totally different shipped to him. He called them to complain and they said that they have no control over which case gets shipped ??? Crazy...... Oh, by the way, put your rifle in it so that the optics are below the case's carry handles. That way you're not setting it down on your optics everytime you put the case down.
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 5:19:09 AM EDT
[#18]
One thing I noticed is that the way you have your rifle loaded in the bag.  I prefer to keep the optic up towards the handle of the bag to lessen the possibility of whacking the optic (i.e. a drop, bouncing around, etc.).  With the optic on the handle side of the bag, it will almost always be up. ;)
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 5:50:47 AM EDT
[#19]
I picked one up from AIM earlier this year.  Great Bag!  I picked it up to use at 3-Gun matches, which it does very well at!  I'll tell you though, you load that thing up with everything you need for a match, and it's pushing 50 lbs!

The 36 is a bit short though.  I kind of wish I had gone for the 42 instead.
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#20]
I have same one in black great case.
Thank god for China cause I picked it up cheap at a gun show
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 9:56:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Going on vacation, think I will get one of the 42" ones for the trunk, I can put a carbine, shotgun and G19 along their associated stuff in it and throw it in the trunk.  Never when a chance to shoot may come up.  My friend had one at a local 3 gun and he seemed happy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 4:21:45 AM EDT
[#22]
I believe the 42" is a single gun case not a double. I just took back the 42 at CTD because I didn't relise that. Oh they also raised their price. I noticed they raised prices on a lot of stuff this month.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top