Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2011 9:16:06 AM EDT
Is there a difference? Or is it the same product with a different name? Looking at this for my 14.5 spikes middy has approx. 160 through it. Could I just drop a new BCG in and shoot since it has so few rounds?
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#1]
NiB and fail zero are the same thing not sure what exactly BCM's ionbond does though
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:43:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Ion bond is a coating deposited in a chamber by vapor deposition. Nickel boron is a plating deposited by a chemical bath
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:49:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Didn't I hear they quit making ionbond?  BCM anyway.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well, they are no longer on BCM's website but if you got your monthly ARFCOM newsletter, you'd see that they have them in the store here now.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ion bond is a coating deposited in a chamber by vapor deposition. Nickel boron is a plating deposited by a chemical bath

So which is better
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, they are no longer on BCM's website but if you got your monthly ARFCOM newsletter, you'd see that they have them in the store here now.  

I just got home and read that, neat. :)

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok so the application process is different.

Is one better than the other?

Link Posted: 8/25/2011 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok so the application process is different.

Is one better than the other?

I read the newsletter and the additional information. The Ion Bond was reported as " Absorbs oil and retains lubricating benefits longer".
These other coatings may be slick and I own a Spike's chrome bolt which is very easy to clean and works great, but I like the idea of Ion Bond holding the lube.  Metal on metal is wear and tear
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 3:10:42 AM EDT
[#9]
NiB is better.  The Ion Bond retains lube, NiB doesn't need lube.  I still but a light coat on mine from time to time but I have shot many many rounds through it with no lube at all, in fact they suggest it.  It ain't cheap, but to me it's worth it for what I do with my rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top