Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:12:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
AXTS was considerate and asked for permission, whether it was necessary or not, in this business it doesn't pay to have enemies.

Unlike THESE guys that ripped off our selector design without asking here  

No contact info, no Made in USA label, they'll hear from us soon

Pfft! Their selectors are nowhere near as nice as the BAD-ASS.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:47:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a lot everyone.  When are these new AX556 lowers going to become available, and can they be had without ambi controls?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No problem, there are other parts that I didn't include, such as buffer, receiver sling adapter, lower parts kit (excluding the selector, trigger and hammer components are they were already listed and counted), and right side bolt release, so the numbers are not off by much

The receiver design is licensed by Magpul, so it's unlikely you'd find one like it, short of a four figure, original Magpul lower.  The Magpul lowers are not common, and the small volume production of the ar15.com billet lower will also make it somewhat rare, compared to the mass produced units.

I am not trying to convince anyone to buy it, I happen to think it can command more money than its asking price.  Given its pedigree, its value is more than the dollar amount

ETA: forgot about the Norgon ambi mag release, $90 something

I know you are not trying to sell me, but I am starting to come around. I am asking you for the parts count so I can figure out the total cost and now it is starting to add up. Also, the Magpul royalty is an issue I was not considering. I hate to admit, I woul pay ALOT, (not the going price) but a hefty premium for a Magpul.  So there is some value to the proprietary design, which I have always liked.

If I end up buying one, I am going to blame you...

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm getting a DDLES VM-1 Vltor MUR matching lower. I'll see what the quality is like when I get it. I'd recommend just sticking with a forged lower, but I don't think it makes much of a difference.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like the arfcom lower. They are paying magpul to use their design, so it'll be as close to one as you can get with out the hefty price tag. You can get them stripped for a pretty small price, but their built lowers are pretty nice for the options they come with. Of course I do like my magpul lowers more, but I guess that isn't here nor there.

Seriously. Plural?

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Sweet. This was the first and only Billet receiver set that interested me. I like it so much I went out and bought one. I just have to keep watering it with cash and someday it'll grow into a nice little SBR.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I like my Sun Devil lower, strictly for looks....not that it's better then any of the rest.
I also like the fact that it has a set screw that can help take up any felt sloppiness when it's assembled.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#14]

This thread was just brought to my attention; unless you designed the internal safety for the AR-15, our product shares no geometry with your item, and is a complete blank-page CNC item, drawn using AR-15 blueprints.

We haven't even handled one of your selectors.

<LINK REMOVED- NO FREE ADVERTISING>

––//––

Quoted:
AXTS was considerate and asked for permission, whether it was necessary or not, in this business it doesn't pay to have enemies.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Wow, Speaking of Unscrupulous, you're posting Speculation and Wrong Information as though it were fact, in an effort to Prejudice Customers against our Business? If you're focused on legal concerns, you just committed Libel.

As I mentioned, our part shares zero geometry with the product you produce, and is a blank-page design - I am glad to hear you're interested in Healthy Competition, because as an in-house manufacturer / designer we can not only destroy your pricing to retail customers, but to vendors as well. Not only can we compete on a price-point basis, our part is constructed from stronger materials, ensuring a part which will provide years of service.

Quoted:

Competition is healthy, we're all for that, customers are the ones (usually) that benefit because manufacturers will try to do one better than their competitor.  Outright copying of intellectual property is another thing altogether.  When Airsoft makers made a copy of our M16 selector for Airsoft guns, we chuckled, but were annoyed they didn't bother asking us for permission or license.  This is more serious, I'd venture to guess it's another Chinese made knockoff (if it were made in the US they'd plaster it all over the place), and we are not letting this one go.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Quoted:

Quoted:

They have an account here, heck they even created a thread (now deleted it looks like) giving away free levers.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:45:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I apologize, I had this thread brought to my attention; if Duffy would like to discuss it in a proper fashion he should create a thread, instead of hiding his thoughts on unrelated threads.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#19]
denny's guns
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 11:17:02 AM EDT
[#20]
LaRue, but I still have some under $60 lowers and can't justify the expense of a billet lower.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#21]
arfcom
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#22]
I like my Mega. Always been happy with all Mega stuff. I bought a Mega upper/lower and put a BCM BFH middy barrel on. Mega trigger. VLTOR flash hider. blah blah...  Had the Nikon laying around so used it. Works good for cheaper optics. I'll upgrade the optics at some point. I know I should have my rear sight back one more slot but I like the extra room for my booger hooks on the charging handle. lol!  When I get a better charging handle I'll move it.

All the billet lowers out there look like good stuff to me. Would like to try an ARCOM billet. I like my ARCOM forged lower with BCM upper on it very much so I'm sure the billet is some fine kit too.

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:42:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm very biased towards the ARF billet lower.  Unreal, for the cost.  Other billet lowers that I own, and compare it to are a complete Spike's billet set (sweetass set, too), and a Mega GTR-3H, which is getting the Mono rifle upper.  They're all nice, but what the ARF billet has is what I was looking for in a billet lower all along - the MP lower.

Spike's:

No pics of the GTR-3H yet, but it should be finished next month.  300BLK for that one.  Here's the closest I can get right now:
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#25]
ARFCOM Lower is it 7075 or 6061?

Who makes the ARFCOM Lower?
Link Posted: 8/16/2011 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#26]
If I was to build a billet based AR-15, I'd go with a Mega or Spikes Tactical upper/lower set.
Link Posted: 9/1/2011 4:23:46 AM EDT
[#27]
This one! Got the shipping notice today. Gotta love the serial #.............

Link Posted: 9/1/2011 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Wanted the Noveske lower that finally became available at Rainier Arms, but I'm leaning towards the AR15 one sold here. What sucks about it is that now instead of replacing the lower on an already built rifle I'll be making another complete rifle= More Money.
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#31]

Details man, details. Loving the roll mark.
Link Posted: 9/2/2011 10:33:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quentin Defense, Gilbert, AZ, by the manf info above the selector - same as those guys did for their own forum lowers.  Another special run they had Quentin do for them?
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#33]

This is a SMOS Billet Lower. Stubborn Mule Outdoor Supply. While I like LaRue, I don't like the billboards on the side. The AR15.com lower is actually really well done. They essentially assembled a lower identical to mine. Their lower borrows heavily from the Magpul design.

I'm considering an upgrade to one of Duffy's ATX lowers when they're released. Their bolt hold open feature is unique and appears to be a significant upgrade in manual of arms. Their 45 degree selector is the cats ass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quentin Defense, Gilbert, AZ, by the manf info above the selector - same as those guys did for their own forum lowers.  Another special run they had Quentin do for them?

No we did not have these done for the forum.

These are Quentin Defense, they are doing lowers for different branches of service.

Link Posted: 9/3/2011 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Just ordered the AX556 Lower....can't wait till October 3rd when they ship =)
Link Posted: 9/3/2011 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#36]
+1

Quoted:

Mega!

But I am biased

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top