Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 906
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nameless_Hobo:
How often are you going to be changing your battery, though? It's a minor annoyance, but that's all it is. What brand of mini-RD did you have? I can't remember.
I need to pick up a couple RMRs for various projects I've been pondering.
View Quote

Never, because it's not on the gun.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:01:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

This was after a few nights out in the desert and ~2,700 rounds without any cleaning; I preferred the HK much more over the M4A1
<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/ipG12iDhj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/673/G12iDh.jpg</a>

Dirty enough for you LOL??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
I still haven't seen you with a dirty rifle.

Agreed.....and none of his shit is broken.  I'm starting to doubt his status as a Marine.  

Haha I've had my fair shares of dirty rifles and broken stuffs
I'll believe it when I see your face and a dirty, dirty gun.

This was after a few nights out in the desert and ~2,700 rounds without any cleaning; I preferred the HK much more over the M4A1
<a href="https://imageshack.com/i/ipG12iDhj" target="_blank">http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/673/G12iDh.jpg</a>

Dirty enough for you LOL??

Better....but missing many drawn-on penii.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:16:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Glitchbumps
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone wanna trade a M4A1 RIS II FSP for a M4A1 RIS II? I like the look of the FSP better.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

View All Quotes
How often are you going to be changing your battery, though? It's a minor annoyance, but that's all it is. What brand of mini-RD did you have? I can't remember.

You sound like some of the special Eddies preaching KISS bullshit...
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

You sound like a Nancy boy.

In the end I'm going to run what I want to run, you should know that by now.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By voodochild:
Anyone wanna trade a M4A1 RIS II FSP for a M4A1 RIS II? I like the look of the FSP better.
View Quote

IM sent
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Block II with an Acog is the way to go
Package is perfect IMHO
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

I'm surprised that you gave up like that after such gnashing of teeth trying to find a micro.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 6:58:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#10]
I wouldn't call it gave up. Just not a great battery life and it's always on, (it doesnt turn off) leaving a high chance of it being dead at the worst possible moment, mixed with having to lose zero and bring 2 different screwdrivers with me to change it out. It's not in mil use anyways. I'm just going to wait
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a junk brand.
I've been debating between buying a MRDS and a RMR to try my hand at micro red dots.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#12]
How do you guys like the eye relief of youre su-230's
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been debating between buying a MRDS and a RMR to try my hand at micro red dots.
View Quote

Primary arms. I'd get the RMR or a MRD that loads from the side or rear so you don't have to rezero.

It is pretty cool having my block II to where it only uses 1 battery at the moment with the I.R. WML, still would prefer a TA31 with a piggy'd RMR though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mrindecisive:
How do you guys like the eye relief of youre su-230's
View Quote

Fine if properly shouldered.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:36:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AaronL15] [#15]
Changed the eotech out for an acog
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Nice I I love the acog with the block II
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:39:43 PM EDT
[#17]
well my block ii is out of commision.
My friend and i were gonna perm attach a surefire brake but we drilled damn near through the barrel removing the old flash hider.

you can see that the rifiling is damaged, so i chose to not go ahead with perm installing the brake.

Lesson learned, call me an idiot but i dont care, i have always wrenched my own stuff and ill be perming the brake on the new barrel when it comes in.

Im going to send the damaged barrel to adco to be cut to 10.3 and rethreaded, so looks like i will have a BBL for the MK18 i am waiting on approval lmao.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
well my block ii is out of commision.My friend and i were gonna perm attach a surefire brake but we drilled damn near through the barrel removing the old flash hider.

you can see that the rifiling is damaged, so i chose to not go ahead with perm installing the brake.

Lesson learned, call me an idiot but i dont care, i have always wrenched my own stuff and ill be perming the brake on the new barrel when it comes in.

Im going to send the damaged barrel to adco to be cut to 10.3 and rethreaded, so looks like i will have a BBL for the MK18 i am waiting on approval lmao.
View Quote

Well, we wouldn't have know if you hadn't said anything.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 9:04:17 PM EDT
[#19]
ah i am a good sport, and besides maybe my misfortuion will give you guys some laughs for the day.

Just ordered a 14.5 socom to repplace it so some good did come from this debacle

Link Posted: 8/1/2015 10:39:15 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Insight mrds for the top battery mount ( easy replacement and no zero loss .)

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:01:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spooled] [#21]
Anyone intrested in trading their FDE FSP rail for a FDE M4A1 ris ii?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:49:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#22]

View Quote

Posted asking that SAME question recently and got ZERO interest! Ended up trading for an MK18 RIS II so I can start my SBR project. Just going to keep an eye out for an FSP FDE to buy I guess.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Yea didnt expect any bites but just asking before i chop up a post and make it a lo pro
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 12:50:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By Stickman:
Did ever of you check a few posts up on this page?

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Roadblock:

Posted asking that SAME question recently and got ZERO interest! Ended up trading for an MK18 RIS II so I can start my SBR project. Just going to keep an eye out for an FSP FDE to buy I guess.

Good luck!

Did ever of you check a few posts up on this page?

I believe voodoo is trying to aquire an fsp rail aswell

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#26]
He is... Everyone wants them all of a sudden. I had one back before they were cool and sold it to bu a standard M4A1 RIS II after burning myself on the FSP a couple times. Now I'd rather have one.

I almost ALMOST ordered one of the Brownells ones twice but then did not. Then I decided to order one and when I went to do it, poof gone. Wish I had, coulda just Cerakoted it or rattle canned.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:55:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Gleeeeeeetch.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Blorp.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#30]
He is... Everyone wants them all of a sudden.
View Quote

They started being issued in higher numbers and showing up in more pictures.  Became more "legit."  

::shrug:: had one.  Didn't like it.  Don't want one particularly badly any more than to say, I wouldn't turn one down or kick it out of bed - but I'm happy with my non-FSPs, and not really trying to hard to get one.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#31]
He is... Everyone wants them all of a sudden. I had one back before they were cool and sold it to bu a standard M4A1 RIS II after burning myself on the FSP a couple times. Now I'd rather have one.

I almost ALMOST ordered one of the Brownells ones twice but then did not. Then I decided to order one and when I went to do it, poof gone. Wish I had, coulda just Cerakoted it or rattle canned.
View Quote

There is a black FSP RIS II in the "new upper receiver " forum section....don't know or have any affiliation.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:48:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Roadblock] [#32]

Originally Posted By fastfoot:
There is a black FSP RIS II in the "new upper receiver " forum section....don't know or have any affiliation.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fastfoot:

Yeah but my guess is they want more than the $150.00 Brownells was selling them for, don't want one that bad.

Going to concentrate on this MK18 SBR thing for a while. I've always wanted a MK18 more than the M4A1 anyway, I just went M4A1 because SBR's were not legal here and now they are. I thought about keeping my M4A1 RIS II and just buying a complete MK18 RIS II upper but they are practically the same gun, just two different length, don't need both.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 6:09:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Augee:

They started being issued in higher numbers and showing up in more pictures.  Became more "legit."  

::shrug:: had one.  Didn't like it.  Don't want one particularly badly any more than to say, I wouldn't turn one down or kick it out of bed - but I'm happy with my non-FSPs, and not really trying to hard to get one.  

~Augee
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Augee:
He is... Everyone wants them all of a sudden.

~Augee

I'm the other way around, after doing the non fsb and trying it out for a while hoping to change how I didn't care for the set up I finally just parted it out to a few fellow cloners.

I'm now almost done w/t fixed sight RIS II and am looking forward to getting some trigger time with it.

Old pic of the non fsb RIS II that's now long gone.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:20:23 PM EDT
[#36]
gaston4 and I have come to an agreement for his FSP.  It's not FDE but who freaking cares it will get painted anyways or maybe hydrodipped if I knew of a place that did good work.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#37]
I've owned/used/like/enjoy both.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#38]
If you're using a 553; FSP is the only way to go.

Just looks right.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By coctailer:
Bah!!

Elcan or GTFO!!
View Quote

You buyin' us a round?
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:42:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#42]

Bah!!
Elcan or GTFO!!
View All Quotes

Bah!!
Elcan or GTFO!!
Can't argue.

That pic of your FSP was the reason I bought it from you.

Just looks right.
True, but an ACOG looks pretty good as well.  
http://36.media.tumblr.com/0a4a28b3001349a2b35ff0ff863998c5/tumblr_nnfkhzHLwH1rrcg2fo1_1280.jpg

You right.

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Geesh drug dealers are using nice guns now days! What a shame... I would love to have a full DD M4A1 RIS II.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/29681423/glock-with-former-ms-governors-name-recovered-during-swat-raid

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Just looks right.
View Quote

Correct
20150625_200139-01 by T B, on Flickr
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Picture I just posted in my new shooter thread...I love this rifle!

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:17:27 AM EDT
[#46]
For those of you interested in an FDE FSP RIS II, I'm about to toss a factory brand new complete DD FDE FSP Block II upper with an ADCO pinned SF3P in the EE tomorrow...
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:50:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:

For those of you interested in an FDE FSP RIS II, I'm about to toss a factory brand new complete DD FDE FSP Block II upper with an ADCO pinned SF3P in the EE tomorrow...
View Quote
Wow man, seems like you've always got something coming in and rolling out. When you said you were getting out of the clone game for a while, did that mean you're just moving on to more builds (KAC) and keeping all these cloned beauties, or did it mean you'll be bankrolling the new stuff with the clone hardware you've accumulated? From the Bank of Ryan comments I see in these threads I would've thought the former, but I remember you threw a pinned four pronged SOCOM bbl in the EE a little while ago - and now there's this with the FSP upper... I know KAC is expensive stuff, but I just couldn't handle getting rid of my block II babies. What gives?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:37:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:
Wow man, seems like you've always got something coming in and rolling out. When you said you were getting out of the clone game for a while, did that mean you're just moving on to more builds (KAC) and keeping all these cloned beauties, or did it mean you'll be bankrolling the new stuff with the clone hardware you've accumulated? From the Bank of Ryan comments I see in these threads I would've thought the former, but I remember you threw a pinned four pronged SOCOM bbl in the EE a little while ago - and now there's this with the FSP upper... I know KAC is expensive stuff, but I just couldn't handle getting rid of my block II babies. What gives?  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CloneDiseased:

I'm just not a big FSB fan is all. I'll still have a couple non FSB 14.5" Block II uppers. I never got excited to shoot this new FSB Block II I got a couple months ago...and never even mounted it to a lower.

Figured I may as well part with that particular upper to help fund the complete 14.5" KAC Mod 2 SBR I'm about to purchase. Every little bit helps. I also just purchased a house that set me back a ton, and my wife special ordered a stupid expensive couch yesterday. Some sacrifices must be made.

I continue to have a love/hate relationship with Block IIs as well. I've bought and sold so many different Block II uppers over the last few years that I can hardly remember them all. I always love me some Mk18 CQBR action though. Probably my all-around favorite 5.56 setup. I'll still be finishing my fourth one of those soon - SF4P, dedicated SOCOM RC and all.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#49]

I'm just not a big FSB fan is all. I'll still have a couple non FSB 14.5" Block II uppers. I never got excited to shoot this new FSB Block II I got a couple months ago...and never even mounted it to a lower.

Figured I may as well part with that particular upper to help fund the complete 14.5" KAC Mod 2 SBR I'm about to purchase. Every little bit helps. I also just purchased a house that set me back a ton, and my wife special ordered a stupid expensive couch yesterday. Some sacrifices must be made.

I continue to have a love/hate relationship with Block IIs as well. I've bought and sold so many different Block II uppers over the last few years that I can hardly remember them all. I always love me some Mk18 CQBR action though. Probably my all-around favorite 5.56 setup. I'll still be finishing my fourth one of those soon - SF4P, dedicated SOCOM RC and all.
View Quote
I'm sure I'm not the only one in here looking forward to seeing the finished product ...Block II CQBR is absolutely my favorite as well! Kinda funny that I only have one CQBR build and I'm working on a second 14.5". I'm building the 14.5" FSB simply because I landed the black RIS II from Brownell's for $135, and then scored a $200 colt SOCOM bbl. At those price points it was hard only buying one of each, lol. Now, since I planned on painting it anyway, and now that someone mentioned the black RIS II FSP was possibly kosher for legit M4A1 FSP clone purposes, I'm real glad that I didn't pass those sales up Where are you guys landing these 4 prongs BTW?

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:21:32 AM EDT
[#50]
FSP with ACOG is the way to go!

" />
Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top