BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 906
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#1]
His rear sight way out there is interesting. I wonder if it is zeroed out there or if it’s just being held there so it doesn’t get lost. One thing I noticed with the guys using the M203 is that none of them seem to use the sight for it. I guess they just eyeball it.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Glitch bump..
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MK318:
His rear sight way out there is interesting. I wonder if it is zeroed out there or if it’s just being held there so it doesn’t get lost. One thing I noticed with the guys using the M203 is that none of them seem to use the sight for it. I guess they just eyeball it.
View Quote

One of my guys hip-shot his 203 on first contact and hit the dude square in the chest.
Link Posted: 11/28/2023 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

One of my guys hip-shot his 203 on first contact and hit the dude square in the chest.
View Quote
Was the HEDP ok?

pic thread:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/28/2023 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Was the HEDP ok?

pic thread:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/316069/IMG_5649_jpeg-3043382.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Was the HEDP ok?

pic thread:

Nope, it went kaboom.
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 8:17:53 AM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes

I'd like to buy this guy a beer!
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/29/2023 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#9]

The Air Force exists just to be the asterisk attached to every standardized rule of cloning.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 3:16:16 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Dude went everywhere.

Link Posted: 12/3/2023 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have experience with the LMT 4 position receiver extensions? I've seen some comments that suggested they aren't great, but wondering if anyone has had a positive impression.
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Midazoslam:
Anyone have experience with the LMT 4 position receiver extensions? I've seen some comments that suggested they aren't great, but wondering if anyone has had a positive impression.
View Quote

I've got three builds with them and with the exception of the drainage holes in drilled in the slots you can't tell a difference between LMT and my four Colts.  Full disclosure though I have'nt beat the shit out of those builds either so there's that.............
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Are the ladder rail covers coyote or fde? I need to order some more but they need to match. ergo offers both fde and coyote and not sure which dd supplied with the rails lol.
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 4:12:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Is the Acog still decently in use or has most people switched over to lpvo's or EOTech with magnifiers? looking to get an optic this upcoming monday for my m4 build and trying to decide on what to get.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Frequency of use (just what I've seen)

Eotech>Elcan>>>Aimpoint>>>LPVO>>>>>>ACOG

I guess it depends what specific type of Block 2 you're going for
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 8:36:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Ok that makes sence. I havnt seen much in recent times so i didnt know if they phased them out. Side question, both tan and black eotechs are used from what i can tell is one used more than the other or is it just about 50/50
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 11:20:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Admral_Ben:
Ok that makes sence. I havnt seen much in recent times so i didnt know if they phased them out. Side question, both tan and black eotechs are used from what i can tell is one used more than the other or is it just about 50/50
View Quote

Tan.  Black is way less common.  Others will chime in but I saw black more often with Marines.
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Was the HEDP ok?

pic thread:
View Quote

thermal clip on on end of scope? what is that?
Link Posted: 12/10/2023 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By FilthyCasual:

thermal clip on on end of scope? what is that?
View Quote

skeet-IR
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 7:54:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By india13c:

Tan.  Black is way less common.  Others will chime in but I saw black more often with Marines.
View Quote

Black SU231s popped up randomly with Rangers and SF but they are definitely the minority
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Not a clone, but block II inspired.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#22]
So, I’m exhausted and feeling a little loopy, but I thought I had seen a peq-15a/DBAL A2 on some ITW pics but I can’t find them for the life of me anywhere. I thought it was on some USMC rifles but I’ve been wrong before.

Anyone have any? Is it even kosher on the Block II?
Link Posted: 12/24/2023 12:51:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TripleJ] [#23]
Attachment Attached File

My Block II-ish build
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 10:44:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Semafoor] [#24]
Did they also use the Aimpoint M2/M68 on the M4 Block II?
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got a damn nice Block II in both veriations but I've got a noice fun jaw dropper coming if CLE with ever ship my shit....................

Block II NSW RECCE 15.1 I have everything including the custom collar just waiting on that barrel.....................Oh fuck and yeah in 6mm ARC to boot.........
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Semafoor:
View Quote

Possible when Block II first fielded
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Semafoor:
View Quote

10th SFG, 2016

Not sure about this one date wise.
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 4:44:16 PM EDT
[#28]

https://i.imgur.com/ZjDfdDF.jpeg

10th SFG, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/Cq2pSHn.jpeg

View Quote

The carbine at the top of the bottom picture--would someone turn the AimPoint 90* like that to get the battery compartment in a different location, or is there some other purpose?
Link Posted: 12/27/2023 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Razzman1:

The carbine at the top of the bottom picture--would someone turn the AimPoint 90* like that to get the battery compartment in a different location, or is there some other purpose?
View All Quotes

10th SFG, 2016

I could only assume that an armorer at some point set it up without paying attention and since it works just the same, it got left that way.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I turn mine that way. I’m a lefty and I like the cleaner sight picture.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:26:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HammerForged] [#31]
Hey guys, for those of you that have used full auto selectors on your clone builds. I have two Colts with the tick marks, but when installed(everything else is semi parts) I cannot charge the weapon on safe. Do I need to grind the materials from around the center of the safety?
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:44:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By HammerForged:
Hey guys, for those of you that have used full auto selectors on your clone builds. I have two Colts with the tick marks, but when installed(everything else is semi parts) I cannot charge the weapon on safe. Do I need to grind the materials from around the center of the safety?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/how-to-modify-FCG-for-semi-auto/123-714487/
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Thanks for that. So the fin needs to be removed to work. I hope.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:50:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthGuy] [#34]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#35]

10th SFG, 2016

View Quote

Thanks!! Now I know I can use a Aimpoint M2 on my clone build!
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

I've converted tons of them, just grind the fin in the center flat and your good to go.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

Interesting. I've got 2 builds that use a FA selector and neither needed any modding. One is a G trigger and it will fire semi in the full position (no auto sear, duh), the milspec one won't drop the hammer in full.
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#38]

Interesting. I've got 2 builds that use a FA selector and neither needed any modding. One is a G trigger and it will fire semi in the full position (no auto sear, duh), the milspec one won't drop the hammer in full.
View Quote

keeping or removing the fin only changes what happens in the third position
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 1:11:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#39]
Wrong thread. My bad.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Removing the fin allows it to fire in semi auto position is the only difference.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:46:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

Removing the fin allows it to fire in semi auto position is the only difference.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HipSh0T:

They work in all positions for me without removing the fin, except for the milspec trigger not dropping in the FA position.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#42]
I need some opinions. I have been running a sig msr 1-8 on my block ii for a bit. Just bought everything to build a ris iii identical to my block ii except I bought an atacr for it. Now I think it might be time to upgrade my msr on my block ii. I can get a nx-8 in fde reasonable for under 1500 brand new or a gen 3 razor 1-10 for 1900 new.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 2:35:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlesAFerg] [#43]

What's that (laser?) unit attached to the rifle with a GL?
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 8:58:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By tarheel7734:
I need some opinions. I have been running a sig msr 1-8 on my block ii for a bit. Just bought everything to build a ris iii identical to my block ii except I bought an atacr for it. Now I think it might be time to upgrade my msr on my block ii. I can get a nx-8 in fde reasonable for under 1500 brand new or a gen 3 razor 1-10 for 1900 new.
View Quote

The NX8 does better in a 1.93" mount, whereas the G3 Razor or the ATACR I prefer in a 1.54 or 1.7 mount. Having used all 3, I think ATACR is top of the heap, then Razor, the NX8. The caveat is that for shorter/lighter builds, the NX8 would be my preference based on footprint and weight.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 11:53:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By oldbrowndog:

The NX8 does better in a 1.93" mount, whereas the G3 Razor or the ATACR I prefer in a 1.54 or 1.7 mount. Having used all 3, I think ATACR is top of the heap, then Razor, the NX8. The caveat is that for shorter/lighter builds, the NX8 would be my preference based on footprint and weight.
View Quote

Thanks. I got a g3 and a atacr. I could only find one 1.7 and one 1.53 c1 mount unfortunately. I was hoping to find two 1.7 mounts. Now when everything arrives I need to decide whether the atacr or the g3 gets the 1.7 and which goes on the block II and which goes on the ris iii upper clone of the block ii. I'm thinking the 1.7 atacr on the ris iii and g3 1.53 on block ii. The ris iii is going in my new vehicle as my " car gun" but will be secure. And not stay over night.
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#46]
A little update. I added a Razor gen III to my block II. I'd still like to find a 1m7 mount for it. I tool the one I had on it off and put it on my atacr that will go on my ris III build.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By PA-Minuteman:
It's probably because I'm too tired to notice, but why is it wrong?
View Quote
Probably the non SF can
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 1:14:07 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 12:57:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WittyTiger] [#49]
Finally figured out how to post pictures here!

Does anyone have the issued pictures of the extended CH as seen in the second picture? It’s somewhere in the thread but been awhile and I can’t go through the whole thing a 3rd time
Link Posted: 1/12/2024 2:01:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By WittyTiger:
Finally figured out how to post pictures here!

https://i.imgur.com/V0OUoTC.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/coiwq3x.jpeg

Does anyone have the issued pictures of the extended CH as seen in the second picture? It's somewhere in the thread but been awhile and I can't go through the whole thing a 3rd time
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Page / 906
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top