Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:55:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blbennett1288] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By revottuneda4:
You guys ever get the urge to add up what you've spent on your clone build? Don't do it.
View Quote
I know I couldn't get back what i put into it lol

I am north of 4.5k but that includes the NF 2.5-10x24 and AEM5
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:56:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blbennett1288] [#2]
Originally Posted By tbturner47:

I found some chemical resistant Viton O rings. They're $6.38 for a pack of 25 before shipping
View Quote
Link?

never mind I found it
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Why are you guys fretting over this o-ring?

1" OD 1/8" cord are a dime a dozen.  $0.07 on McM 9452K29
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You guys ever get the urge to add up what you've spent on your clone build? Don't do it.
View Quote
Hell no, i dont care but i also dont wanna know.  Between the scope, suppressor, and NFA tax im sure its about 2k and i dont wanna know the extras.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:42:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cjwwd2] [#5]
Originally Posted By deuc224:
Hell no, i dont care but i also dont wanna know.  Between the scope, suppressor, and NFA tax im sure its about 2k and i dont wanna know the extras.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By deuc224:
I just added everything on mine up - including suppressor, scope, PEQ-2A, etc...$5k
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm at $4500 and I don't even have an aem 5 or peq-2 yet.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:00:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#7]
MOD 1 comes in at $3500 scoped and suppressed, but only the suppressor was retail priced

The Mod 0 gen 3, MOD O gen 2, and Second MOD 0 gen 2, are probably similar.

MOD H is a little less due to better deal on the scope.

The SAMR will come in at under $3000 complete, but I may bump the price with a G trigger, even though the spec is USGI M16A1 trigger/hammer

ETA: frick, I just quasi added up those totals......I am not adding up the rest of the clones, nope.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Well that was a mistake adding my Mod 1 up that is almost complete.  Just got the KAC rail two weeks ago of the EE. Still waiting on A1 lower from Brownells to be in stock to finish her up.  $3,060 without the suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:16:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh wow, with the AN/PVS-22 I've got all you guys beat by
a couple of country miles!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:18:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By rbgonoles:
Well that was a mistake adding my Mod 1 up that is almost complete.  Just got the KAC rail two weeks ago of the EE. Still waiting on A1 lower from Brownells to be in stock to finish her up.  $3,060 without the suppressor.
View Quote
I too am waiting on an A1 lower, and stock to go with it once I get one. I'm also temporarily foregoing irons until I can find a 99051 reasonably priced. This gun could easily run me into $3k plus territory if I got it all.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:23:23 AM EDT
[#11]
WARNING:  Lever Stops Ahead!

For those that lap their rings, would you say this is good to go?

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

Too new for my taste...

Here Is the scope that came in this day for me...kinda wish I would have got the second one also.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64672/image-199768.JPG

It is a 1995 date code but I might sneak it on a BHD Clone anyway...the '89 10x M3A seems kinda much even if correct on a 727.

Or it may just spawn into an M24 as it was originally designed anyway.
View Quote
http://thecounterfeitreport.com/product/162/
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Speaking of rings, this may be a really dumb question...

Is there a trick to torquing the arms rings and keeping the scope level?  Tightening the rings turns the scope.  I criss-crossed back and forth with what screws I was tightening, barely giving them a turn before going back to the other side, and like clockwork the scope would turn slightly in the rings.  I wound up torquing the shit out of one side to try to pull the scope level.  There's got to be a better way.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:28:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#14]
I place playing cards under the flat of the scope and between the upper reciever rail and tighten the screws moderately and add as many cards as I can. Keeps it nice and square when tightening it down star pattern.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
Speaking of rings, this may be a really dumb question...

Is there a trick to torquing the arms rings and keeping the scope level?  Tightening the rings turns the scope.  I criss-crossed back and forth with what screws I was tightening, barely giving them a turn before going back to the other side, and like clockwork the scope would turn slightly in the rings.  I wound up torquing the shit out of one side to try to pull the scope level.  There's got to be a better way.
View Quote
Criss cross, 1/4 turns, slow progress, something about walking to the cows instead of charging in...
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

Criss cross, 1/4 turns, slow progress, something about walking to the cows instead of charging in...
View Quote
I did exactly that.  Still took almost 30 minutes.  I'd crank on one side to pull level, then CRACK....way off level.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#17]
I actually ended up calling Arms because I couldn't find the damn torque specs listed anywhere.  Should have just asked here.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:51:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#18]

I did exactly that.  Still took almost 30 minutes.  I'd crank on one side to pull level, then CRACK....way off level.
View Quote
Then maybe 1/8 turn and the cards as suggested, I haven't got to doing the more expensive scopes yet, but I will probably lap them, finish on ARMS rings OR VALUE BE DARNED as I won't be selling them, but I value the scopes more than the rings.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By exhogflyer:

http://thecounterfeitreport.com/product/162/
View Quote
It's not a fake, I just didn't  wanna take a pic of the SN.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:46:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By daojag:
WARNING:  Lever Stops Ahead!

For those that lap their rings, would you say this is good to go?

http://i.imgur.com/DU5xelJ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WLTwkLC.jpg
View Quote
Yes, that's fine...the ARMS rings (and most other rings in general) look like that after lapping.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:55:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#21]
Redacted momentarily.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Want a set of NLS 22H rings?

1.  Win this eBay auction right here
2.  Sell scope
3.  ????
4.  Profit!

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#23]
She's done.  Going to the range tomorrow morning.

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:37:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Badass. Wheeled fb front sight? Pri peq? Great picture taking!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:39:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By aaron580:

View Quote
It's their repro wheelie.  I had no idea they changed them to have a wheel again until I opened the box and went "wtf is this".
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#26]
It's their repro wheelie.  I had no idea they changed them to have a wheel again until I opened the box and went "wtf is this".
View All Quotes

Really? Do they print company name and addy on the front like the originals?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#27]
View All Quotes
That looks really good. I've always had reservations about the late model M 0s with A1 stocks, I don't think the lines flow like the early handguards but that looks really good.... like really, really good.  I may have to rethink some things.

Really? Do they print company name and addy on the front like the originals?
I don't think so and it's the wrong shape.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

That looks really good. I've always had reservations about the late model M 0s with A1 stocks, I don't think the lines flow like the early handguards but that looks really good.... like really, really good.  I may have to rethink some things.
View Quote
Which stocks are late mod 0 more correct with then? I have all the parts above the sleeve so im curious on variations...
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:37:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#29]

Which stocks are late mod 0 more correct with then? I have all the parts above the sleeve so im curious on variations...
View Quote
It's not really about being correct or not, I just like the look of the original PRI tube with the A1, I think my favorite late Mod 0 is the one Augee posted with the M4 stock.  Just like I said a couple pages back I think the Mod 1 looks best with the SOPMOD but there are many correct options, and of course the CAR stock looks great on everything.  I just put a SOCOM stock on my Mod H and I think it makes that rifle, I also just mounted up the NF 3.5-15x I just got in a KAC mount and it looks pretty sweet too but that scope is destine for another rifle, I just wanted to get the eye relief right.

I've been on the fence about building a MOD 0 in 6.5g to go with the holland or maybe switching the holland back to 5.56 but those pics of the A1 and GEN III may have pushed me over the edge.  I'd still have to find an A.R.M.S. swan sleeve though, I want to leave that in the factory grey finish and skilcraft everything else.

Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone looking to get rid of a mk12 deployment case hit me up, email or pm
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:00:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FreefallRet] [#31]
Originally Posted By blbennett1288:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By blbennett1288:

Yea, but its not as bad as my SR25, scope and SF SOCOM 762 mini.(around $6k)

I have wondered what my SPR upper would be worth since it has actually been to Afghanistan(not that I would ever sell it)
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:00:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By tbturner47:

I found some chemical resistant Viton O rings. They're $6.38 for a pack of 25 before shipping
View Quote
Check McMaster Carr (if that's not where you're looking).
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:01:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By edwin907:
Oh wow, with the AN/PVS-22 I've got all you guys beat by
a couple of country miles!
View Quote
Maybe, I think the guy with the m16 lower probably has a good bit in his as well.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:07:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Why are you guys fretting over this o-ring?

1" OD 1/8" cord are a dime a dozen.  $0.07 on McM 9452K29
View Quote
Boom, there ya go. Was having trouble finding the right size.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:26:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By FREEFALLE7:

Maybe, I think the guy with the m16 lower probably has a good bit in his as well.
View Quote
Well yeah, but his isn't a clone, it's the real thing!
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
I'm in the process of making a price list now. Lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JonnyMoses:
Anyone looking to get rid of a mk12 deployment case hit me up, email or pm
View Quote
There might be one in the EE still
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:14:30 AM EDT
[#38]
20 shot 2moa group using 77gr xtac.  Good morning.

Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:12:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

I just added everything on mine up - including suppressor, scope, PEQ-2A, etc...$5k
View Quote
Until you hit $10k, you're still well-below Mk13 and Mk14 clone territory...
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By mrsaturn7085:

Until you hit $10k, you're still well-below Mk13 and Mk14 clone territory...
View Quote
Mk12 clone with the correct lower is like $30k, probably still the most expensive.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Figured I would give you guys a heads up first. But I snagged one of those custom 1st gen front sights for the Mod0's.
Well I won't be using it. Going the Mod Holland right now.
So if anyone would like it let me know.

Link Posted: 5/3/2017 3:32:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Guys I need to post this again. Please be patient on the bore guides. As I mentioned I can get 7-8 out every two days and there are 70-75 of them. It's impossible to give out tracking numbers. It just takes away time that I could spend packing boxes. I get 8-10 emails on average from each person. I keep track of names,usernames,addresses,PayPal names in email and IM. I'm going as fast as I can. I promise they are coming. 8 went out yesterday and 8 go out tomorrow. I'm posting this because I don't want anyone to think I'm chewing their ass in an email I just need you to do the math and understand what's going on. 16 of these boxes fill my trunk. I think by Friday most everyone who has paid will have theirs on the way. There will be a few towards the end that get delayed till next week because I am going to my daughters college graduation but only a short delay. I get back Tuesday. Thank you for your patience.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:57:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tinman44] [#43]
Okay, I know the Mk12 was not issued with NV equipment but you see on here a few pictures of operators using a clip on NVD forward of the scope.  Also pics of operators with laser devices.  I also note a few of you have sprung for the AN/PEQ2 or 2A.  So here are my questions:  Since we're going back in time on our clones, is the AN/PEQ2A "clone correct" for that period...or are they're more recent pics with different laser devices.  Second question: Which clip on NVD was commonly used?  I think I saw a pic of one on a clone somewhere in this thread, but I'm not hunting back through 825 pp to find it.  I know there are some very knowledgeable guys on this thread who know the answers, just as there are in the Retro forum.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:15:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Helojumper2001] [#44]
Just a heads up if any cloners want an old wingless ARMS 38S- EX for their mod 1 build shoot me an IM. I'm going to list mine and figured I give the fellas in here a crack at it first.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By tinman44:
Okay, I know the Mk12 was not issued with NV equipment but you see on here a few pictures of operators using a clip on NVD forward of the scope.  Also pics of operators with laser devices.  I also note a few of you have sprung for the AN/PEQ2 or 2A.  So here are my questions:  Since we're going back in time on our clones, is the AN/PEQ2A "clone correct" for that period...or are they're more recent pics with different laser devices.  Second question: Which clip on NVD was commonly used?  I think I saw a pic of one on a clone somewhere in this thread, but I'm not hunting back through 825 pp to find it.  I know there are some very knowledgeable guys on this thread who know the answers, just as there are in the Retro forum.
View Quote
The PEQ2 is for sure correct. I've seen pics of mod-h rifles with Peq15's not sure what clip on nv and thermals. I do know they were in use from the start. If you look at some of the early SPR's with the mod sleeve that had the wide spaced rail slots they milled additional slots up front for use with clip on devices.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:07:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Not gonna lie, as soon as i finish the sig LVAW clone, ill be grabbing a NV for my mk12, it is probably the most desired piece after the LVAW no lie.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#47]

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4192/34257630942_eff4420512_b.jpg
View Quote
when amazing paint work makes me not give 2 fucks about all the wrong shit i see. i dont care. DSLR pics of a mod 0 kill it for me and im in love. 

this is my new fav rifle on here. i really need a Gen3 0 upper with no can. its my fav look. 
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
when amazing paint work makes me not give 2 fucks about all the wrong shit i see. i dont care. DSLR pics of a mod 0 kill it for me and im in love. 

this is my new fav rifle on here. i really need a Gen3 0 upper with no can. its my fav look. 
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4192/34257630942_eff4420512_b.jpg

I think this rifle has convinced me to do a gen III mod 0 with the A1 stock as well.

If anyone has a line on a swan sleeve hit me up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

Mk12 clone with the correct lower is like $30k, probably still the most expensive.
View Quote
An truly correct Mk14 clone uses a select-fire M14 receiver... I think that'll top an M16 pretty easily.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#50]
> Gets awesome bore guide from Samson-Dogg in the mail today.
> Realizes I'm still using a 2006 issued Otis kit and never actually bought a rod .

Is #22C-30 the correct one (to fit in 1700), or am I mis-remembering?
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top