BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
That's what I have and thinking about sending it to Leupold to get the M2 knobs installed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dobs013:

Early or Late?
View Quote
I think I'm trying to go for the early as far as the scope goes
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By js1977:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Early or Late?
It's correct for an early, reticle should be mil dot but no one can tell as far as that goes, so use what you like. M1 turrets aren't accurate but you can send the scope to leupold to have them switched out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]

It's correct for an early, reticle should be mil dot but no one can tell as far as that goes, so use what you like. M1 turrets aren't accurate but you can send the scope to leupold to have them switched out.
View Quote
Yeah I figured the same.  I really wanted a illuminated reticle, but I might just go with the M3 turrets and non-illuminated.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I figured the same.  I really wanted a illuminated reticle, but I might just go with the M3 turrets and non-illuminated.
View All Quotes

I would say if you want the illuminated reticle, which is nice to have, and leupold only charges around $150 to swap turrets I would go for the illuminated. You'll kick yourself on the ass later, especially with things getting harder and harder to find.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]

I would say if you want the illuminated reticle, which is nice to have, and leupold only charges around $150 to swap turrets I would go for the illuminated. You'll kick yourself on the ass later, especially with things getting harder and harder to find.
View Quote
True... I should have just purchased it back when I grabbed a scope for my Mod 1, because we all know if you build one, you're gonna want the other one as well... haha
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Early KAC rail on my MK12. This weekend's project is paint removal.

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Need to do a paint removal myself. Whats the best thing to use? Straight paint thinner and a mild nylon brush?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:10:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Need to do a paint removal myself. Whats the best thing to use? Straight paint thinner and a mild nylon brush?
View Quote
citristrip or kleanstrip and a nylon brush.. pressure washer is highly recommended.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ArpaioFan:

I think the only problem I have on the Brownells reaction rod is that it is too short to effectively clamp in the vise and does not have flats on the side for betting clamping.  I'm not sure if they keep it short to avoid patent infringement, but that is my complaint with them.  I have both the 308 and AR-15 ones.
View Quote
Yea I agree. I clamped the pri barrel nut clamp in the vise and had the barrel pointing down. Kind of a pain checking alignment that way. Would for sure be easier the other way.

The 1/2" square is nice tho.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
How many pieces?  What substrate?  What adhesive?  

I have a lot of labels/overlays made at my job.  I could probably get a shitload made for free if someone were to provide an art file.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

Thanks.
Also for those wondering. UID labels are $400.00 per order. I'm trying to find out what that includes.
How many pieces?  What substrate?  What adhesive?  

I have a lot of labels/overlays made at my job.  I could probably get a shitload made for free if someone were to provide an art file.
I'm getting a proper quote. I believe it is a metal tag of some kind. Not sure though
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jrs93accord:
I bought this back in 2009 for $7200 just as you see it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/Mk11-Mod-0n-197451.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/Mk11-Mod-0q-197452.JPG

I was told by Tom at KAC to never get rid of it. Supposedly, it is one of three that KAC (then Knights Manufacturing Co.) converted from a SR-25 Match in the early 1990s (around 1993-94).
View All Quotes

Be ready. An MK11 is going to run you close to 10 times mk12 glass and AEM5. I spent over 12k on my m110 with suppressor and I cloned that with an SR-25 ECR special release. The mk11 is the only one I don't have and I want it bad. 8600.00 is the best deal I've seen on one and that's with no can and no optic. I've considered selling my mk13 mod 5 to get a start on the mk11 but then I won't have an mk13. I'm just kinda waiting for now to see what pans out over the summer. Mk11 definitely the coolest or at least top 3 coolest guns period hands down.
I bought this back in 2009 for $7200 just as you see it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/Mk11-Mod-0n-197451.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/Mk11-Mod-0q-197452.JPG

I was told by Tom at KAC to never get rid of it. Supposedly, it is one of three that KAC (then Knights Manufacturing Co.) converted from a SR-25 Match in the early 1990s (around 1993-94).
Beautiful!!! What is the front sight attached to? I've never seen that. I'm going to have one I just need to figure out what I have to give up.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Paint removal? Y'all fuck'n up. 
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
View Quote
I gotta agree with Utah on this....an mk12 isn't right without paint
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Nah, I'm removing Great Balls of Fire's paint to get down to the base so I can lay a different color down and not have it on so thick mane. My Mod Juan will be coated to your standards hopefully
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#16]

I think the only problem I have on the Brownells reaction rod is that it is too short to effectively clamp in the vise and does not have flats on the side for betting clamping.  I'm not sure if they keep it short to avoid patent infringement, but that is my complaint with them.  I have both the 308 and AR-15 ones.
View Quote
Yup, that's my main complaint too. I even use a milling vise that can put out some serious pressure, but the reaction rod will sometimes spin on me. I need to search someone out that can machine some flats into it for me but not compromise the strength due to the square socket in the end.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Yup, that's my main complaint too. I even use a milling vise that can put out some serious pressure, but the reaction rod will sometimes spin on me. I need to search someone out that can machine some flats into it for me but not compromise the strength due to the square socket in the end.
View Quote
Take a 1/2" impact adapter and weld it to a piece of barstock so it clamps in the vice.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

Early or Late?
You either have an early with wheel FSB and early HG etc, or you don't.

If you have a Gen III handguard and regular FSB, then you want a 2.5-8 or an older 3-9 MR/T if you can find it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Nah, I'm removing Great Balls of Fire's paint to get down to the base so I can lay a different color down and not have it on so thick mane. My Mod Juan will be coated to your standards hopefully
View All Quotes
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:32:07 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

I got one from Botach. They call it a "barrel spline socket rod". It has the flats milled in and worked perfectly for me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:

Take a 1/2" impact adapter and weld it to a piece of barstock so it clamps in the vice.
View Quote
Had thought about something like that, but I don't want it any longer than it is now. A set of soft jaws with 45 degree cuts would probably work best as I'd get 4 points of contact.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By dslmgk:

I got one from Botach. They call it a "barrel spline socket rod". It has the flats milled in and worked perfectly for me.
View Quote
Wish I would've seen that when I bought my Brownells one. Oh well, it's not like I'm building uppers for a living.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

If you have a Gen III handguard and regular FSB, then you want a 2.5-8 or an older 3-9 MR/T if you can find it.
View Quote
Well I was lucky enough to grab one of those recently made "early" wheeled FSB towers so I went with the LR/T 3.5-10 and I'll just switch out the turrets down the road
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:19:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#24]
View Quote
What do you mean "y'all"

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:27:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eMc9001] [#25]
RT was profilin' yo. That's a sexy Holland my friend.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Well I was lucky enough to grab one of those recently made "early" wheeled FSB towers so I went with the LR/T 3.5-10 and I'll just switch out the turrets down the road
View All Quotes

Your post was ambiguous when I read it. In that case you want an M3 turret, Illum Mildot Mk4 3.5-10. There are some great pics on the FB group on what you can do to mod the Retro HG to look more correct.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:07:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#27]
#urx
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:09:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Well done.

Scope and mount look great, too!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By sommere54:

Well done.

Scope and mount look great, too!
View Quote
Thanks brother, this is a sweet setup.

Aaron-you know the urx can't look this sexy
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By aaron580:

#urx
View Quote

Negative.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:30:22 AM EDT
[#31]

Negative.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:47:55 AM EDT
[#32]
i missed that chainsaw. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:27:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: edwin907] [#33]
What do you mean a MK12 doesn't look right without paint?
The only paint this rifle has ever seen was white, for arctic camo.

This is a night fighter Mod0, and the higher scope mount gives me more consistent night accuracy out past 500 meters.
It's probably me, not the rifle, but I shoot it equally well in daylight, and better at night, with the taller HOB
and a little ways back from NTCH. Plus, the A.R.M.S. base holds zero better than the 22 rings ever thought about.
I'm just one of those guys trained to prefer to fight after dark, as a matter of fact, I do everything better after dark!

For what it's worth, my Marine Sniper buddy said his spotter's rifle was identical to mine except for a CAR stock & A1 grip, and he
even ran the kill flash on the Loopy day and night!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Beautiful!!! What is the front sight attached to? I've never seen that. I'm going to have one I just need to figure out what I have to give up.
View Quote
That is the adjustable gas block that came on it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By edwin907:

This is a night fighter Mod0, and the higher scope mount gives me more consistent night accuracy out past 500 meters.
It's probably me, not the rifle, but I shoot it equally well in daylight, and better at night, with the taller HOB
and a little ways back from NTCH. Plus, the A.R.M.S. base holds zero better than the 22 rings ever thought about.
I'm just one of those guys trained to prefer to fight after dark, as a matter of fact, I do everything better after dark!

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/Mod0-2.jpg
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/Mod0-1.jpg

For what it's worth, my Marine Sniper buddy said his spotter's rifle was identical to mine except for a CAR stock & A1 grip, and he
View Quote
Love you're mod 0 Edwin....it's what made me want to build mine. Still looks naked without paint
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:06:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edwin907] [#36]

Love you're mod 0 Edwin....it's what made me want to build mine. Still looks naked without paint
View Quote
I guess you're right, but I still prefer black rifles at night.
But, blondes are easier to find in the dark!

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#37]

I guess you're right, but I still prefer black rifles at night.
But, blondes are easier to find in the dark!

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/BLK3-1.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/SPRD760.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/AI12a.jpg
View Quote
Touché
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#38]

That is the adjustable gas block that came on it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/Mk11-Mod-0e-198599.JPG
View Quote
Damn, check that shit out. You've got a legit unicorn on your hands, bro. 
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#39]

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/Mod0-2.jpg
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab302/sniper907/Mod0-1.jpg

View Quote
You know, one of the guys in the FB group was a Marine DM, and he said he actually had a Mod 0. Other guys had Mod 1s as well. I might have to hit him up again to see if he ever found his deployment pics.

It's starting to look more like in various ways, the Mod 0 may have found its way to the Corps, not just the Mod 1s.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I need a favor...can someone point me to a photo of the original Mod 0 with PRI forearm?  I am trying to decide between the current complete PRI Gen II and Gen III uppers and can't find a definitive side by side comparison of the original Gen I and the current Gen II.  Is the PRI Gen II the same aesthetically as the first Mod 0's?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 31niner:
I need a favor...can someone point me to a photo of the original Mod 0 with PRI forearm?  I am trying to decide between the current complete PRI Gen II and Gen III uppers and can't find a definitive side by side comparison of the original Gen I and the current Gen II.  Is the PRI Gen II the same aesthetically as the first Mod 0's?  Thanks.
View Quote
Page 1 has a link to lots of pictures
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#42]

You know, one of the guys in the FB group was a Marine DM, and he said he actually had a Mod 0. Other guys had Mod 1s as well. I might have to hit him up again to see if he ever found his deployment pics.

It's starting to look more like in various ways, the Mod 0 may have found its way to the Corps, not just the Mod 1s.
View Quote
Well, his spotter was the court jester, to hear him tell it, apparently he was always swapping shit with everybody, even Air Force.
He even had a Schmidt & Bender on the Mod0 one time, sourced it from Army shooters.  Traded it for a better spotter, can't blame him there, sold off my MK4 spotter as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:43:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Night vision guys! What kind of optic/goggle setup is good to use with a peq 2a or 15? Im attempting to learn some about night vision before i drop a grand on a laser/illuminator and all the goodies. Don't need a 1k electronic paperweight just to sit on the side of my rifle
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By aaron580:
Night vision guys! What kind of optic/goggle setup is good to use with a peq 2a or 15? Im attempting to learn some about night vision before i drop a grand on a laser/illuminator and all the goodies. Don't need a 1k electronic paperweight just to sit on the side of my rifle
View Quote
Get a PVS-14, expensive but well worth it.
Bought mine many years ago, ITT unit, very very useful for all kinds of stuff.
It makes finding blondes in the dark ridiculously easy!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#45]
is there an option for Leupold turrets with 1/10 mil adjustments?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:23:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gunnut003] [#46]
double
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By drago6:
is there an option for Leupold turrets with 1/10 mil adjustments?
View Quote
I think that is what the M5 turrets are.

But no clone, no like.

I guess I will have to build others that are better in actual use.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:30:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

But no clone, no like.

View Quote
thanks for the info. i was thinking since my Mod 1 NF 2.5-10 is mil/mil with 1/10 knobs it would be nice to have my Mod 0/Mod H scopes have the same adjustments
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:32:28 PM EDT
[#49]
You suck, this is the best I could muster...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#50]
thanks for the info. i was thinking since my Mod 1 NF 2.5-10 is mil/mil with 1/10 knobs it would be nice to have my Mod 0/Mod H scopes have the same adjustments
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gunnut003:

But no clone, no like.

Yeah, it is nice. You're starting to think outside the confines of clone. But this is only acceptable for scopes. 
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top