Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:44:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Engineer5:

There's a used BCM Mk12 upper in the EE right now.
View Quote

Dude thanks I believe it to be a hell of a deal.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#2]
So I guess if you get an 80% lower engraved make sure you don't get the false happy pin engraving.....Just read in another thread determination was made that its a machine gun with it.....sooooo stupid
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
So I guess if you get an 80% lower engraved make sure you don't get the false happy pin engraving.....Just read in another thread determination was made that its a machine gun with it.....sooooo stupid
View Quote

holy shit that sucks so bad.  so stupid.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Do you have a link to that thread.  I've been waiting for updates.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#5]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_123/708639_Heard-from-the-BATF-today-regarding-seized-Sear-pin-engraving.html
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote

Yeah, I caught that thread earlier too.  I don't believe that one will hold up. Doesn't sound like an official determination by the Tech Branch, either. I expect several people to have letters outbound (and hopefully referencing approved fake sear pins (Troy, Colt (Walther) ) shortly.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 10:24:13 PM EDT
[#7]

PEQ 2-3 Hotness
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jhivfd24:

View Quote

Thats my old upper i sold to aaron.  Was unbelievably accurate, if you pick it up you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:27:06 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

What did it self for, he removed the price.  Hate it when people do that, I though there was a rule against it actually.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:27:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By deuc224:
Those Scopes from optics planet are going fast.  I saw when they had 23 but are down to like 5 now in 2 weeks time.  I had to snag one cuz ive sat on my clone for long enough, have had the AEM5 for a year already just sitting in the box.
View Quote

looks like 3 left...
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:20:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

What did it self for, he removed the price.  Hate it when people do that, I though there was a rule against it actually.  
View Quote

Think I saw it up for $950
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:34:39 AM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

You're right. There is a rule against removing the price.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:58:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aaron580] [#13]
I went back and updated everything again. For whatever reason my price and a couple other things got removed while i was trying to hilight a d add color from my phone, finally just gave up. I REALLY hate to sell that upper, but its a gun, they can be replaced eventually. I was in the process of soda blasting all the paint off the arms rings to do a tad more touch up on the humps. My mod 1 and other clones may even need to go into storage for a while here soon.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:06:29 AM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

You have got to be shitting me, thats the stupidest fucking thing ive ever seen. Looks like troy and colt need to update their retro lowers unless they can magically fet away with said bullshit. ATF spends their time looking for 80% machined lowers while dropping guns to cartels and designating 2 people to approve 1 nfa form each day. Perfect example of corruption sucking at the teet of the taxpayer
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:46:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I realize I committed blasphemy by posting a 16" recce at the top of the page, though it is relevant to the Mk12 Mod 1 discussion.

For my transgressions:

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:55:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:
I realize I committed blasphemy by posting a 16" recce at the top of the page, though it is relevant to the Mk12 Mod 1 discussion.

For my transgressions:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/294/31980002275_8e21d357bf_o.jpg
View Quote

All is forgiven my son.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:53:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

All is forgiven my son.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Great_Balls_of_Fire:

For my transgressions:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/294/31980002275_8e21d357bf_o.jpg

All is forgiven my son.

Hey, it's a beauty!
Love the camo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 12:13:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By aaron580:

You have got to be shitting me, thats the stupidest fucking thing ive ever seen. Looks like troy and colt need to update their retro lowers unless they can magically fet away with said bullshit. ATF spends their time looking for 80% machined lowers while dropping guns to cartels and designating 2 people to approve 1 nfa form each day. Perfect example of corruption sucking at the teet of the taxpayer
View Quote
Not sure about the Colt, but the Troy leaves the sear block in place and has "Replica" engraved on top of the lower (can't be seen when an upper is on it). I'm guessing that is what gets them around it. Or it could all just be bullshit, which is what I'm leaning towards.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Almost done just need a few more things upper was built by PRI.

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Not sure about the Colt, but the Troy leaves the sear block in place and has "Replica" engraved on top of the lower (can't be seen when an upper is on it). I'm guessing that is what gets them around it. Or it could all just be bullshit, which is what I'm leaning towards.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Originally Posted By aaron580:

If I read it correctly they are saying even if you have an unfinished 80% lower,once you engrave the fake sear pin it becomes a machine gun. That would mean the sear block is irrelevant. Although you know Troy and colt will get away with it. They have lawyers and a lobby to see to it. One could even believe the 80% lowers are being outlawed to protect a new found market??? The lack of common sense just scares me. Then the fact they think we are stupid pisses me off. Hopefully the HPA gets passed and the Hughes acts gets repealed, then add in trumps cut backs and hopefully they are all looking for a job. Wishful thinking but one can dream.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
I still have a couple painted #32's in the drawer.
View Quote

Shout Out to Secretwheelman for the hook up on the #32's

That's why i love this thread.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:04:58 PM EDT
[#22]
So here she is,  1/12

Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:24:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk101abn] [#26]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Zakk101abn:

Super jelly. Congrats! You gonna shoot it, right?

Edit: No attachment fasteners on the HG... Interesting.
View Quote

Same as one of the other known returns.

Some had none, two, three, and four.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#28]

What's the story on the short collar? Didn't the OG ops inc extend fully to the gas block?
Btw sweet as hell. Love the original spr stuff, and the peq is uber legit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RubiconJk:

What's the story on the short collar? Didn't the OG ops inc extend fully to the gas block?
Btw sweet as hell. Love the original spr stuff, and the peq is uber legit.
View Quote

It has a long collar, but it doesn't appear to be fully seated on the step.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:22:29 PM EDT
[#32]

looks like 3 left...
View Quote

and gone
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:59:27 PM EDT
[#33]

and gone
View All Quotes

looks like 3 left...

and gone

If you change the model number to 67925....i think that's it, they are showing 10 left in stock at a price of $912.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#34]
What is generally accepted for Mod 0 pistol grips and triggers?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Same as one of the other known returns.

https://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy26/Norseman1950/MK12%20Mod0/MK12Mod0002.jpg

Some had none, two, three, and four.
View Quote
Crazy, never noticed! Not the same cool, but my gen III didn't have any when I bought it. The epoxy failed, so my dumbass went and threw 4 screws in it, ended up sending off to PRI anyway to re secure...
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Gonna get me one dem 80% lower contraptions you people keep talking about. She needs new paint anyway.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:50:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Long collars in stock at Adco.
https://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails2016.cfm?inventorynumber=1574
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 9:12:56 PM EDT
[#39]
What is generally accepted for Mod 0 pistol grips and triggers?
View Quote

Check out page 1 it has everything your looking for
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Together again...

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e21/zakk101abn/IMG_9007_zpsa3jpaoo6.jpg
View Quote
  They look great!! What rail is that on the Mod 0?
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:03:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KGLaw] [#41]
Originally Posted By B191299:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By B191299:

ARMS #38 SPR MOD

Crazy, never noticed! Not the same cool, but my gen III didn't have any when I bought it. The epoxy failed, so my dumbass went and threw 4 screws in it, ended up sending off to PRI anyway to re secure...

Sounds like something I would do.  That's nuts, btw.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 11:31:50 PM EDT
[#42]
My MK12 is getting closer and closer....just about time to start ordering ammo.

I'm used to .308 rounds but .223 is sill a learning process.

I plan on mostly shooting 100-300 yds for the first month but will most likely make it out to a few 500yd+ shoots.
Should I start off with 77gr right off the bat or is that a waste of money if a majority of my shooting is 300yds or less? Or should I grab some cheaper/lighter stuff for now?

It's a 16" Bartlein barrel with a 1:7.7 twist.

I was thinking of buying a few boxes of various rounds below...
-Magtech 77gr OTM MK262 copy
-Fiocchi Sierra MatchKing 77gr
-IMI Razorcore 77gr
-Federal Gold Medal  77 Grain

Which brands/rounds would you remove or add from that list? Like I said, this is during the barrel break-in so I'm not sure if it's worth spending .90 a round on match ammo.
(I'm not going to get into the "it's a waste of time to do a barrel break-in" debate...I'm going off what Compass Lake recommends)

Like I said, my old .308 loved Federal Gold Match 168 and 175....ammo buying was simple.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:24:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Engel12626] [#44]
Disappeared for a couple months and had a hundred pages to read, but I'm finally caught up.

@Samson-Dogg
Have any of that Mod 1 literature left for sale?

Just now got the correct long collar and gas block put on the Mod 1. Been putting that off for a while because the old gas block I had on there was a bitch to get off. I WAS going to say that I'm done with it now, but I found a Nodak lower for sale locally and now the wheels are turning again.

Will be taking it out to 700 yards tomorrow! Furthest I've ever shot has been 300 so it should be interesting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:28:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Engel12626] [#45]

Was wondering if someone in here picked that up And that's one of 9, if you don't count the three PRI won't let go of.

Nearly jumped on it when I saw the ad, but then I realized I'd have to sell a car to pull that off comfortably haha. Did it come with the letter?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 2:29:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Regulatori:

I'm used to .308 rounds but .223 is sill a learning process.

I plan on mostly shooting 100-300 yds for the first month but will most likely make it out to a few 500yd+ shoots.
Should I start off with 77gr right off the bat or is that a waste of money if a majority of my shooting is 300yds or less? Or should I grab some cheaper/lighter stuff for now?

It's a 16" Bartlein barrel with a 1:7.7 twist.

I was thinking of buying a few boxes of various rounds below...
-Magtech 77gr OTM MK262 copy
-Fiocchi Sierra MatchKing 77gr
-IMI Razorcore 77gr
-Federal Gold Medal  77 Grain

Which brands/rounds would you remove or add from that list? Like I said, this is during the barrel break-in so I'm not sure if it's worth spending .90 a round on match ammo.
(I'm not going to get into the "it's a waste of time to do a barrel break-in" debate...I'm going off what Compass Lake recommends)

Like I said, my old .308 loved Federal Gold Match 168 and 175....ammo buying was simple.
View Quote

You should start reloading. This way you can always shoot match grade ammo. All my rifles get 77gr, 75gr, 175gr smk and Nosler.  If you believe in barrel break in...then don't waste your money on match ammo during that process. If I didn't reload, I would buy cheaper for steel targets/plinking, and shoot the good stuff for groups/accuracy testing. So you have an idea what she can do and you have a baseline for longer distances. Just my opinion. You have your genIII tube? What glass are you going with?
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 3:01:00 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

FWIW, I shoot the cheap stuff when I just want to make loud noises or when I want to bang on steel. I save the good stuff for when I feel like making tiny groups.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 4:26:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Regulatori] [#48]
Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:

You should start reloading. This way you can always shoot match grade ammo. All my rifles get 77gr, 75gr, 175gr smk and Nosler.  If you believe in barrel break in...then don't waste your money on match ammo during that process. If I didn't reload, I would buy cheaper for steel targets/plinking, and shoot the good stuff for groups/accuracy testing. So you have an idea what she can do and you have a baseline for longer distances. Just my opinion. You have your genIII tube? What glass are you going with?
View Quote

Yeah, I'm in an apartment without a lot of space. I could always get a small table/manual loader.
That makes sense about the ammo. Even 20 years ago there was so much arguing about break in for/against Gale McMillian's guide.

I was just going to shoot the thing and periodically check how bad it's fouling.
BUT....I HAD to stumble across the 3 page Compass Lake instructions buried in the packing...now I'm all questioning everything.  

Picking up the Gen 3 tube from a local member. Glass is NF 2.5-10x 24mm
Still curious how comfortable that scope will be on low NF rings + recce rail + ACE
I figure it's going to force me to have firm cheek contact to get a good sight picture/help in accuracy....the NF 24mm doesn't give you lots of wiggle room.  

What's considered the best of the cheap ammo right now?
There is a LOT of benchrest guys at my local range...I know someone will ask about the barrel as I'm cleaning it.

"I think it's Barsland...Bartland...something like that" with a stack of faded Tula ammo boxes next to me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 9:56:16 AM EDT
[#49]

Yeah, I'm in an apartment without a lot of space. I could always get a small table/manual loader.
That makes sense about the ammo. Even 20 years ago there was so much arguing about break in for/against Gale McMillian's guide.

I was just going to shoot the thing and periodically check how bad it's fouling.
BUT....I HAD to stumble across the 3 page Compass Lake instructions buried in the packing...now I'm all questioning everything.  

Still curious how comfortable that scope will be on low NF rings + recce rail + ACE
I figure it's going to force me to have firm cheek contact to get a good sight picture/help in accuracy....the NF 24mm doesn't give you lots of wiggle room.  

There is a LOT of benchrest guys at my local range...I know someone will ask about the barrel as I'm cleaning it.

"I think it's Barsland...Bartland...something like that" with a stack of faded Tula ammo boxes next to me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Davey_Sickboy:

Engel- the first 25 are gone. I have another list of 5-6 people that still need them. I've been waiting on case labels but if they are not done today I'm going to go ahead and mail the manuals and just send the labels in seperate envelopes when I get them. When I pick up the labels I will order 10 more mod 1 manuals so please email me your screen name, actual name and address so I can put you on the second list.

I live in an apartment too. Let me tell you how to make enough space. Ditch all your living room furniture. You don't need it. I have not had furniture other than the bedroom for 3 years. I have 4 benches in the living room. Yes one is for reloading. I can even mill out 80% lowers in the comfort of my living room. Priorities man!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2017 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Mate.
View Quote
I'll let you touch it 
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top