Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:13:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#1]
Would any of you fine gentlemen happen to have a PRI wrench for the genIII locking collar available for rent?

Manged to snap the strap on my strap wrench trying to get mine off.  

Here's the stubborn whore:

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
Would any of you fine gentlemen happen to have a PRI wrench for the genIII locking collar available for rent?

View Quote

IM sent
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By Highlande2:
IM sent
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

IM sent

This thread never disappoints.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

IM sent

Beat me to the punch, I still owe you for that collar so I figured I'd at least get my wrench your way. I'm sure I can find something I can do for ya.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 3:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
Beat me to the punch, I still owe you for that collar so I figured I'd at least get my wrench your way. I'm sure I can find something I can do for ya.
View All Quotes

IM sent

We'll figure something out.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

IM sent

Dun Dun Dunnnnnn

This loses much of it's humor and charm without being able to embed videos.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I know there were a few guys here that were wanting pictures of the barrel of the non-Nobeske marked Hollands. I was able to find some time today to pull the handguard off of it. There were no markings that I saw anywhere on the barrel. I didn't back the barrel but off, so it's possible that there were markings under that, but I don't think it's probable. There were no markings under the ops inc collar either. Here are the pictures.

The bottom of the barrel

And a profile shot of the barrel
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 5:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Where can I get A1 grips? Do you guys use the old jacked up looking ones I see in the EE or is there a place to get new ones or replicas? What's the skinny?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#9]

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/xrGoCR" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5763/20637852833_c57f1a2b37_o.jpg</a>

View Quote

Is it just me or do the forward assist teeth on that bcg look like they were chewed by an alligator? What happened? Also completely other topic. What's best to care for an A1 stock?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Got FDE duracoat on the way, along with LMT ergo grip and KAC vertical grip courtesy of the EE.... Next weekend is gonna kick ass
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Samson-Dogg:

Is it just me or do the forward assist teeth on that bcg look like they were chewed by an alligator? What happened? Also completely other topic. What's best to care for an A1 stock?
View All Quotes

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/xrGoCR" target="_blank">https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5763/20637852833_c57f1a2b37_o.jpg</a>

I think the technical term for what you are seeing is "crud". At least that what it looks like on my little screen. Nothing a little love wouldn't take care of.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Where can I get A1 grips? Do you guys use the old jacked up looking ones I see in the EE or is there a place to get new ones or replicas? What's the skinny?
View Quote

Nice and NOS A1 grips pop up from time to time.  I ran across a reproduction A1 grip the other day for the first time. Damned if I can find it in my history, though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
Brownells has Mk12 mod 1 rails!!
View Quote

So does Lawmen's and Shooter's Supply.  If you are .mil or LEO it might be worth it.

Dan
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:

Nice and NOS A1 grips pop up from time to time.  I ran across a reproduction A1 grip the other day for the first time. Damned if I can find it in my history, though.
View All Quotes

I found a new in the box A1 grip but 70.00 for a grip is not what I had in mind. I guess compared to what these builds are costing a 70.00 grip is nothing though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 6:45:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RyanO20] [#15]

I found a new in the box A1 grip but 70.00 for a grip is not what I had in mind. I guess compared to what these builds are costing a 70.00 grip is nothing though.
View All Quotes

Kind of like the stock dilemma, if she's meeting the rattle can its not really an issue. If you don't like the feel of paint, go Ergo grip. That's my plan anyway. Then who cares if I painted my malted A1 grip.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By RyanO20:

Kind of like the stock dilemma, if she's meeting the rattle can its not really an issue. If you don't like the feel of paint, go Ergo grip. That's my plan anyway. Then who cares if I painted my malted A1 grip.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RyanO20:

The LMT ergo? Is there different versions? I see the first page says "original version"
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By Nikiel09:

I know there were a few guys here that were wanting pictures of the barrel of the non-Nobeske marked Hollands. I was able to find some time today to pull the handguard off of it. There were no markings that I saw anywhere on the barrel. I didn't back the barrel but off, so it's possible that there were markings under that, but I don't think it's probable. There were no markings under the ops inc collar either. Here are the pictures.

The bottom of the barrel

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/Nikiel09/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsbzpgitlq.jpeg

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/Nikiel09/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsibc4pjlx.jpeg
View Quote
Interesting... 5SFG??
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:48:29 PM EDT
[#18]

The bottom of the barrel

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/Nikiel09/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsbzpgitlq.jpeg

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp70/Nikiel09/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsibc4pjlx.jpeg
View Quote
Thanks so much man! Been awaiting these pics. Looks like anything goes for hollands since that isnt marked. Awesome.

Yeah hes 5th sfg. I believe he just got back....so thats good to hear from ya on that note!

Any mk12 pics you wanna throw up in here is cool by us...we love new content >:)
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:10:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 44Echo10] [#19]
View Quote

Armalite has repro A1 grips, but they have an Armalite logo. Could be filled and painted.

Numrich has originals, as for condition... "Who knows?".

Dude, there is a Retro Forum.

I bought all of mine years ago, for cheap, when they were just old junk.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#20]

The bottom of the barrel
View Quote

That's a pretty meaty barrel profile, need to compare some stuff. Doesn't look like the Noveske Recon, doesn't look like a CLE Recon or anything. Maybe PRI spun them or had them done?

Oh, and you have an early SPR with wheel FSB too, right?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By Whhood:

I think the technical term for what you are seeing is "crud". At least that what it looks like on my little screen. Nothing a little love wouldn't take care of.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Whhood:

Correct.

She is a dirty, dirty girl.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#22]

That's a pretty meaty barrel profile, need to compare some stuff. Doesn't look like the Noveske Recon, doesn't look like a CLE Recon or anything. Maybe PRI spun them or had them done?

View Quote

I may shoot PRI an email and ask them about it. There are two of them that I've seen that are like this- both black instead of cerakoted tan, and neither have Noveske marked barrels.

I do have an early SPR with wheeled FSB. I need to source a Vari-X III for it, but I've been looking for awhile and can't seem to come up with one. I may end up settling for a Mk4, since it's all I need for it to be complete.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:34:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Thought this was interesting

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=555684396
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Was the mod 0 used in any significance in Iraq/AFG?  Most of my research has shown my that the mod 1 was used much more widely.  I have not seen many pictures of the mod 0 in the wild.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:03:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zakk101abn] [#25]

I may shoot PRI an email and ask them about it. There are two of them that I've seen that are like this- both black instead of cerakoted tan, and neither have Noveske marked barrels.

I do have an early SPR with wheeled FSB. I need to source a Vari-X III for it, but I've been looking for awhile and can't seem to come up with one. I may end up settling for a Mk4, since it's all I need for it to be complete.
View All Quotes

Quit hold'n out.... Pix man, pix.

Edit: And welcome back... Even if it will be a short stay...
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:07:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#26]

View All Quotes

The bottom of the barrel

Looks just like my WOA H profile. Maybe PRI had douglas do a run. Maybe we could call n check if they ever did such. Looks like they were phosphated....stick a magnet on that sucker and see if its SS or not lol

EDIT: pic thread page ownage.

Link Posted: 5/6/2016 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I see Fulton armory has some in stock. I think I'll order from them when I get a few things together.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 3:47:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_FMJ] [#28]
View Quote

Here you go: M16 A1 Grip
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Reposts:

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By dogesco93:

Was the mod 0 used in any significance in Iraq/AFG?  Most of my research has shown my that the mod 1 was used much more widely.  I have not seen many pictures of the mod 0 in the wild.
View Quote

Basically, the only cats who used the early SPR/Mod0 were ODAs and I think a few CAG dudes. Now, considering how many different units used the Mod1 (75th RR, some ODAs, NSW, USMC), I'd say it's fair to assume there were more Mod1s fielded than Mod0s.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#31]

I love those photos.  That's a sweet family.  

Does anyone know where to find a scope rail mount I've looked just about everywhere
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I know this is going to give a few purists a brain Aneurysm....

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#33]
So greetings to all Arf-ers.  I just bit the bullet and signed up instead of just reading this thread and the old one when it was still active years ago.  I have a couple of Mk12's and am building two more.  I built my first mod 0 in '07-08, and my first mod 1 last year.  I have an early mod 0 waiting on a barrel from compass lake and a mod H waiting on my PRI handguard to arrive.  When I figure out how to post pics, I will put some up of the family.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#34]
let's go shoot tomorrow bruh
Originally Posted By Mongoose2004:
I know this is going to give a few purists a brain Aneurysm....

<a href="http://s830.photobucket.com/user/gamerpilot94/media/IMG_20160507_101551986.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/IMG_20160507_101551986.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s830.photobucket.com/user/gamerpilot94/media/IMG_20160507_101650479.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/IMG_20160507_101650479.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s830.photobucket.com/user/gamerpilot94/media/IMG_20160507_101719938.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/IMG_20160507_101719938.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s830.photobucket.com/user/gamerpilot94/media/IMG_20160507_101808474.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/IMG_20160507_101808474.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s830.photobucket.com/user/gamerpilot94/media/IMG_20160507_101935350_HDR.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/IMG_20160507_101935350_HDR.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 6:00:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfk] [#35]
Took the Mod 1 out shooting today. Went out to 300 meters. Did pretty well despite the wind.

Twenty round group in 1 minute prone, shooting off bipod and rear bag 300 meters.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#36]
After posting my pics earlier, I also decided to go pew.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:08:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#37]
Davey came down. he shot suppressed with the Mod D-ouche. Good times by all. Working on 700yds tomorrow morning. Hes staying and shooting again tomorrow lol. Yes this place is that good lol.

Some pics. I have a bunch more.

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:57:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 10:42:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnStoner] [#39]
FF RAS at Brownells

Mod 1 FTMFW

Code KL7 for $10 off
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Someone is selling some mod 0 parts at EE
EE link
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:04:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Samson-Dogg] [#41]
What is the differences between the original wheeled fsgb and the wheeled fsgb that PRI sells now ?
I can not tell any visual difference between the one I have and the picture of the one on their site. Unless there are some different markings.
Mine has: PRI
         New Brenen
         OH, zip code
Stamped on the front. I can't tell if the repo has that or not. Anyone have one of the repos?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Original on the top and new repo on the bottom

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By KOBK:

<a href="http://s196.photobucket.com/user/nashvillito/media/DSCF2983_zps29e947df.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/nashvillito/DSCF2983_zps29e947df.jpg</a>
View Quote

Thanks. That's an excellent picture. I see the differences now. I need to bookmark all the pages with comparisons of the handguards, top rails, gas blocks etc.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#44]

" />
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Which ERGO rifle grip is the correct Mod 1 version, the rigid or the rubber overmolded suregrip?  The ERGO site states the rigid model was purchased by US Military for MK12, so I presume the rigid version is the correct grip, right?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#46]
700 (ish) is up. Visible. Davey almost got it. Im at 24moa with the TMK.

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 2:06:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s19.postimg.org/r1i7vl8z7/20160508_125900.jpg</a>

View Quote

What power magnification is that?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#48]
i get like exact results

Originally Posted By Mongoose2004:
After posting my pics earlier, I also decided to go pew.

<a href="http://s830.photobucket.com/user/gamerpilot94/media/IMG_20160507_175622684.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz221/gamerpilot94/IMG_20160507_175622684.jpg</a>
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:08:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#49]

Thanks. That's an excellent picture. I see the differences now. I need to bookmark all the pages with comparisons of the handguards, top rails, gas blocks etc.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By KOBK:

<a href="http://s196.photobucket.com/user/nashvillito/media/DSCF2983_zps29e947df.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa253/nashvillito/DSCF2983_zps29e947df.jpg</a>

The links are all on pg1. Utah runs a tight ship.

Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By GuynamedDave:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GuynamedDave:

Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s19.postimg.org/r1i7vl8z7/20160508_125900.jpg</a>

Mark 4 @10x. Aka awesomesauce!

davey hit it once with the Mk308. I was all around it. Once i was 2" low. It is exactly 700yds @12deg incline from a leupold rangefinder. Its so cool! Wind gusts made it up to 2mil hold. I was at 24moa for the TMK.

Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top