Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:02:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

Honestly, I'd go for a Leupold Mark AR 3-9 or something along those lines. TECHNICALLY the only clone optic is the Leupold TS30 or TS30A2 for that version of the Mk12.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pointman12:
So a friend of mine just bought a new PRI Mk12 Mod 0, and he isn't quite set on the optic yet. A believe a clone-correct Leupold or Nightforce would be out of his budget, but he isn't too worried on the optic being clone-correct anyways.

Budget is about $800 max (including rings, preferably less) and he wants it to be mil/mil and FFP. Any ideas or recommendations?

http://i.imgur.com/bW8m2vY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gg3FVTn.jpg

Honestly, I'd go for a Leupold Mark AR 3-9 or something along those lines. TECHNICALLY the only clone optic is the Leupold TS30 or TS30A2 for that version of the Mk12.

That's funny, because he actually just sold me a Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x20 for my SR-15 Mod 0 upper last week. That's certainly a possibility though. Another he was looking at was a fixed 6x SWFA, and also a Vortex 2.5-10x32, although that one is a bit more than he would want to spend after rings.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#2]

That's funny, because he actually just sold me a Mark AR Mod 1 1.5-4x20 for my SR-15 Mod 0 upper last week. That's certainly a possibility though. Another he was looking at was a fixed 6x SWFA, and also a Vortex 2.5-10x32, although that one is a bit more than he would want to spend after rings.
View All Quotes
So a friend of mine just bought a new PRI Mk12 Mod 0, and he isn't quite set on the optic yet. A believe a clone-correct Leupold or Nightforce would be out of his budget, but he isn't too worried on the optic being clone-correct anyways.

Budget is about $800 max (including rings, preferably less) and he wants it to be mil/mil and FFP. Any ideas or recommendations?

I just picked up a Vortex 2.5-10x32. Great scope for the money. The Mark AR's are nice too.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:05:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Suprised no one's jumpimg off about that uoper, and how you could have an original collar and still have the collar mounted properly.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 12:31:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pbjunkiee] [#4]
Ill just leave this here...

Feel free to rewind and watch the whole thing

SKIP TO 2:20!

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:15:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:
Suprised no one's jumpimg off about that uoper, and how you could have an original collar and still have the collar mounted properly.
View Quote

Swear to drunk you're not Bob?

I'm about to convert my Mod 1 ad to WTS instead of WTT. Nothing but retarded fucks hit me up.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:37:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#6]

Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

I'm about to convert my Mod 1 ad to WTS instead of WTT. Nothing but retarded fucks hit me up.
https://farm1.staticflickr.com/597/22144127625_de0f964607_b.jpg
View All Quotes

If you run into a retard, you run into a retard.

If you run into retards all day long, then you're the retard.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 8:56:45 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

I'd recommend a Vortex PST 4.5-10x32 PST.  He can get it mil to mil and it is in his price range.

Dan
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought this was a clone thread?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AGR1279:

I'd recommend a Vortex PST 4.5-10x32 PST.  He can get it mil to mil and it is in his price range.

Dan
View All Quotes

Dan

Link? I can't find one online anywhere...
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:15:53 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Dan

I'm pretty sure he meant the 2.5-10x32 PST. It's pushing his price range- Amazon has it for $778.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:30:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DontBuryMe:

I'm pretty sure he meant the 2.5-10x32 PST. It's pushing his price range- Amazon has it for $778.
View All Quotes

Dan

Ah, gotcha--I think that's his frontrunner so far even though it's fairly expensive. I like that one a lot too. We're both in college so $800 for an optic is a big purchase, on top of a $2k rifle
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Check auction and sell ads for a used Leupold,  too
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 1:00:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jax_Guns] [#13]
View Quote

Leupold Vari-X III and MK4 3.5-10x40s usually go for 600 and up used. They might not be 100% correct but were used on both the early SPR and the Mod 1 - are closer than the vortex or the Mark-AR.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By Jax_Guns:
Leupold Vari-X III and MK4 3.5-10x40s usually go for 600 and up used. They might not be 100% correct but were used on both the early SPR and the Mod 1 - are closer than the vortex or the Mark-AR.
View All Quotes

You can occasionally find a Mk4 2.5-8x36 M2 illuminated TMR for $750-900 used.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 3:31:43 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

But aren't those MOA clicks with a mildot reticle?
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

If you would've seen the shitshow you wouldn't have even posted that.

Where's the cheapest place to snag my brake/collar? I'd rather have a long collar but would live temporarily with short.

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

I'd just as soon steer a late Mod 0 away from those. I mean, why throw in a percentage in when they are 0% correct for the late Mod 0? If we're looking at 0% clone specs, might as well line them up with something that helps get them into correct glass. An SWFA 3-9 or Mark AR 3-9 is the same as a 3.5-10 in terms of correctness. I just think the 3.5-10 looks wrong on Mod 1s and late Mod 0s.

The same goes with my Bushnell. Even a Mk4 3.5-10 is the same amount of "correct", in that a Vari-X is the right one for the early SPR. Or not having an Illum reticle, or a TMR, etc.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Where's the cheapest place to snag my brake/collar? I'd rather have a long collar but would live temporarily with short.

View All Quotes

Adco, unless you find one second hand
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#19]
any reason why i have to hold 5mils up for a 500m shot with 77gr ammo for approx 15deg incline when every book i read says it should be less holdover for an incline? im baffled. also at 500m i cannot hold a group to save my ass, on a rear bag and front bipod or bag. the last range was much easier but this uphill thing has be stumped

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Happy Thanksgiving, Mk12 monicas.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:33:16 PM EDT
[#21]
G

View All Quotes

Dan

I did.  Sorry for the confusion.

Dan
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#22]

G

Dan
View All Quotes

G

Dan

Dan
How about $300 and a leupold mk ar 3-9? Its not ffp but uonestly i never shoot under 9x unless its 75yds and tyen just aim dead on. The leupy is light weight and a has a bdc elev above the mil clicks on the turret for 55gr ball to get him started. I run 30mm rings and ggg delrin spacers for when i go legit my mount setup doesnt change. bang for buck is king on this sucker.

windows print screen

img upload

image free hosting
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 2:20:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By usnguns:

This.
View All Quotes

This.

Yes. And clone threads are expensive. Not everyone's ready to walk out and rock 100% clone correct parts in one fell swoop. While some of our regulars in here are still single, no kids, awesome paying jobs, etc., not everyone else is. Being able to drop $1200-$1400 on a TS-30A2 may be something that takes all year to justify. Hell, I put my fams in a pretty tight space by buying the early upper from KOBK earlier this year. All that happened right around when I lost a job, and took a lower paying one. Sometimes it's not just about having the cash ready to roll, but having enough to be able to pay it and not just go "oh shit my car broke and I'm fucked", and have to resell that same thing for less money because everyone in the EE wants to pay bottom price for stuff.

I'm just trying to put cloning in perspective here. It can be done many ways. Yes, some people can do it quickly and correctly all in one swoop. It's the expensive way, but some of you guys are able to drop $4000+ bucks without blinking.

Some of us put more of our money into some more correct parts, only to deplete the warchest. But, you've got a shootable rifle and want to enjoy it. I absolutely get folks wanting to pick up budget glass so they can actually get out and shoot their $2k-$3k rifle they just finished. I don't see that as a problem. Hell, I understand putting a "wrong" can on while you wait for an AEM5 to clear or to save up for one. I'd rather shoot a suppressed rifle with the wrong can than a correct Ops brake any day.

We all know this is a clone thread. But I'd rather folks get out and shoot their hard earned rifles than sit around with no glass all year because someone else in the thread is grumpy, and gets offended by seeing a Mark AR, Vortex, or God forbid a Bushnell in this thread. Shoot first, get the correct glass later.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Yes. And clone threads are expensive. Not everyone's ready to walk out and rock 100% clone correct parts in one fell swoop. While some of our regulars in here are still single, no kids, awesome paying jobs, etc., not everyone else is. Being able to drop $1200-$1400 on a TS-30A2 may be something that takes all year to justify. Hell, I put my fams in a pretty tight space by buying the early upper from KOBK earlier this year. All that happened right around when I lost a job, and took a lower paying one. Sometimes it's not just about having the cash ready to roll, but having enough to be able to pay it and not just go "oh shit my car broke and I'm fucked", and have to resell that same thing for less money because everyone in the EE wants to pay bottom price for stuff.

I'm just trying to put cloning in perspective here. It can be done many ways. Yes, some people can do it quickly and correctly all in one swoop. It's the expensive way, but some of you guys are able to drop $4000+ bucks without blinking.

Some of us put more of our money into some more correct parts, only to deplete the warchest. But, you've got a shootable rifle and want to enjoy it. I absolutely get folks wanting to pick up budget glass so they can actually get out and shoot their $2k-$3k rifle they just finished. I don't see that as a problem. Hell, I understand putting a "wrong" can on while you wait for an AEM5 to clear or to save up for one. I'd rather shoot a suppressed rifle with the wrong can than a correct Ops brake any day.

We all know this is a clone thread. But I'd rather folks get out and shoot their hard earned rifles than sit around with no glass all year because someone else in the thread is grumpy, and gets offended by seeing a Mark AR, Vortex, or God forbid a Bushnell in this thread. Shoot first, get the correct glass later.
View All Quotes

This.

Completely agree, I ran a vx-r patrol 3-9 for a long time before I got my mk4 that I then traded up for a NF 2.5-10
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Look into the Vortex PST 2.5-10x32.  It's FFP and you can get it in mil gradations (what they call "MRAD").  Not clone correct, of course, but it's thematically similar to the Nightforce 2.5-10 offerings.  Street price is about $800 new, but I got mine for $600 in used, like-new condition.

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-viper-pst-2-5-10x32-ffp-riflescope-with-ebr-1-moa-reticle
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:59:15 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

This.

I get what you're saying, but to counter that, Mk 12 game is most expensive game. As someone who had to take close to 5 years to patiently assemble the parts for a spec Mk 12, it's hard for me to feel too sorry for people wanting to go 3/4 of a Mk 12  and still want to post their rifles in the thread. Most of thr last 5 years, I've had $50 a month to put towards parts.

From my perspective, If people can drop $2-3K on a Mk 12 but don't want to get a legit scope for it, seems like they can wait to post pics of it.

Just my $0 02
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 6:59:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shooterman017] [#28]
I'd rather shoot a suppressed rifle with the wrong can than a correct Ops brake any day.

View Quote

I'm glad I went ahead and snagged the AEM5 before I even started buying parts. I have my barrel, brake, collar, Gasbuster and bolt ordered. Saved a little money since a few items were Black Friday/Cyber Monday discounted. Maybe a couple weeks on the Form 4 left. Just need a rear iron.

And that said, I won't be buying glass or putting something else just to get by. I'll run my irons just for shits and giggles until I pony up for a Nightforce. And that will be after I build a dedicated lower for it, which the more I think about it, I want something Colt or an NDS. I just can't wait to get the upper together and get some trigger time on it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:35:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#29]
To the experts- have we ever seen a Matech on a Mod 1 or only KAC? I dont recall seeing any except the dude that posted his clone a few pages back. I have 3 Matech's and 0 KAC rears and a severe lack of fundage. So although not likely, I have my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BurtSaun1049:

I get what you're saying, but to counter that, Mk 12 game is most expensive game. As someone who had to take close to 5 years to patiently assemble the parts for a spec Mk 12, it's hard for me to feel too sorry for people wanting to go 3/4 of a Mk 12  and still want to post their rifles in the thread. Most of thr last 5 years, I've had $50 a month to put towards parts.

From my perspective, If people can drop $2-3K on a Mk 12 but don't want to get a legit scope for it, seems like they can wait to post pics of it.

Just my $0 02
View All Quotes

This.

Just my $0 02

Then over 80% of this thread should stop posting as of this. There are extremely few truly correct rifles in this thread. I don't even have one. We really shouldn't do this again, I don't have the gas for it anymore. If we're going to play all or nothing and extend it to every single part for every picture posted in this thread, then anyone not running a Douglas and an A1 with the Mod specific glass would be picking up their toys and heading home.

There's a difference between buying interim parts along the way and upgrading to correct when you get the scratch, and someone who decides they are keeping non-spec parts forever and never intend to change them out. We're not talking Vltor billet uppers or YHM suppressors here. We're talking glass that cost about 80% of the cost of a PRI Mk12 Mod 0 upper, or 64% of a completed Mk12 Mod 0 package from PRI. That's a lot of value to recoup for someone whos already been scrimping and saving.

Parts can be replaced. Scopes can be upgraded. As long as there's clear intent to do so, it should be fine. This thread exists because us modern internet weenies have an innate need and desire to have some feedback and attention by posting our builds and getting words of encouragement. Many of us have succumbed to peer pressure to replace perfectly working Leupold 2.5-8s for TS30A2s, ditching leverstop #22s, replacing PRI SPR sleeves, buying AEM5s. No build here is perfect.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#31]

<snip>

View All Quotes

This.

<snip>

Correct glass is in his price range. He doesn't want correct glass.

A clone is a clone, and a bone is a bone. And if we don't get no clones, then we don't get no bones.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:00:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#32]

To the experts- have we ever seen a Matech on a Mod 1 or only KAC? I dont recall seeing any except the dude that posted his clone a few pages back. I have 3 Matech's and 0 KAC rears and a severe lack of fundage. So although not likely, I have my fingers crossed.
View Quote
Don't recall seeing a Matech, but you could always go "BUIS-less".

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:15:12 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Thanks homie.

I'll probably snag another 99051 and the KAC rear first because although expensive, way cheaper than glass. Just wish I had kept my taupe 99051 from my first Block 2. (What a dumbass for getting rid of)
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:17:54 PM EDT
[#34]

A clone is a clone, and a bone is a bone. And if we don't get no clones, then we don't get no bones.
http://i.imgur.com/TUfyVfz.gif

View All Quotes

This.

<snip>

A TS-30 for $800?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:34:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: usnguns] [#35]

View All Quotes

This.

I should probably just keep my mouth shut before I get in trouble.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#36]

Grumpy?  Haha.  Relax.  This is the internet.  There is a Black Friday sale on tissues of you want to keep crying.

In other news....here's my new Mk12.  Just waiting on payday to replace a few parts.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/Mobile%20Uploads/1127151929_zpsyys3oitr.jpg
View All Quotes

<snip>

Grumpy?  Haha.  Relax.  This is the internet.  There is a Black Friday sale on tissues of you want to keep crying.

In other news....here's my new Mk12.  Just waiting on payday to replace a few parts.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/Mobile%20Uploads/1127151929_zpsyys3oitr.jpg

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:40:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#37]

<a href="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/usngm2sw/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1127151929_zpsyys3oitr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/Mobile%20Uploads/1127151929_zpsyys3oitr.jpg</a>
View All Quotes

This.

<a href="http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/usngm2sw/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1127151929_zpsyys3oitr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j449/usngm2sw/Mobile%20Uploads/1127151929_zpsyys3oitr.jpg</a>

Well, actually you are kinda grumpy bro.
But you're still a saint for telling me where those Mk18 mod 0 lowers were as of 09 and what they were built with after they ran their mod 0 course. And sweet Mk12.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#38]

A TS-30 for $800?
View All Quotes

A TS-30 for $800?
Can you tell the difference between a ts30 and a 60150?

I have 2 of 'em, and never broke that budget.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:44:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#39]
This page has AIDS.

Until every mofo in here gets at least an A1 lower (since thats what they actually used) with correct engravings on it this entire thread is fugged minus actual mk12 picts of actual mk12's in use.

Every time i see a friggin "correct clone" its got some wiggity wack ass a2 lower and i lol at it when these SAME mofo's wanna come at me with their "ur scope is incorrect" bs. Dude i know EXACTLY what aint spec. Trust me it bugsoo.

Lets just tear eachother apart. Fuck the fun of cloning and getting there. Fuck the sportsmanly like posting of picts of what we got so far. Lets all just gang up and hit this glass house of Mk. Lol

Like i said, this place is really cut throat sometimes for ALL the wrong reasons. Notice i been away from the thread? Its cause its getting that time of the month in here for a fuggin pisaing match and i just dont give 2 shits anymore. My non hacker 16" army precision carbine SPR ar gets beat apart by dan on the daily, and i just. Dont. Care.Anymore. Lol. Someone needs to remove the mod H off the title if it rubbs people the wrong way that bad.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:58:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
This page has AIDS.

Until every mofo in here gets at least an A1 lower (since thats what they actually used) with correct engravings on it this entire thread is fugged minus actual mk12 picts of actual mk12's in use.

Every time i see a friggin "correct clone" its got some wiggity wack ass a2 lower and i lol at it when these SAME mofo's wanna come at me with their "ur scope is incorrect" bs.

Lets just tear eachother apart. Fuck the fun of cloning and getting there. Fuck the sportsmanly like posting of picts of what we got so far. Lets all just gang up and hit this glass house of Mk. Lol

Like i said, this place is really cut throat sometimes for ALL the wrong reasons. Notice i been away from the thread? Its cause its getting that time of the month in here for a fuggin pisaing match and i just dont give 2 shits anymore. My non hacker SPR ar gets beat apart by dan on the daily, and i just. Dont. Care. Anymore. Lol

View Quote

Happens in all the clone threads my man. Especially in Mk18/CQBR. Also Dan is Dan, we just have to accept that. (I think he ate paint chips as a kid)

As far as the glass convo, the route I have always taken when building clones is buying the closest part that I can, and TEMPORARILY using that part, until I can afford to snag the correct part. I don't see anything wrong with that in any thread, as long as the end goal is to end up with the correct part. And when I say this, I mean such as using a PRI sleeve until one can snag an A.R.M.S. swan sleeve, or a WOA/B.A. barrel until you can snag a Douglas etc. Not talking pencil Delton barrels here.

So even though this is my first Mk12 build, I have a bunch of clones under my belt and my vote is cut them some (at least temporary) slack if their end goal is "until I snag the correct part" and not so much "here's my finished Mk12 clone with a pencil profile Delton barrel and a UTG scope" which at that point it's not a clone of anything, and they should definitely GTFO
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#41]
My junk is far from finished and full of "temporary". Doesnt mean its disqualified from being in here and it doesn mean i will refrain from posting it. It just means i dont enjoy coming in here much anymore as its a pissing contest to see who is "less incorrect" lol.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
My junk is far from finished and full of "temporary". Doesnt mean its disqualified from being in here and it doesn mean i will refrain from posting it. It just means i dont enjoy coming in here much anymore as its a pissing contest to see who is "less incorrect" lol.
View Quote

Lolskis. Even though I'm not really into Holland's I like yours quite a bit, plus you're an entertaining dude so I vote you stay even if your glass does get you kicked off the island.

One love. Actually 2 loves. The M4A1 and Mk12 of your preference.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#43]
My PRI tube came today.  Does this require a proprietary wrench for the barrel nut?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:49:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By spermgewehr44:
My PRI tube came today.  Does this require a proprietary wrench for the barrel nut?
View Quote

Standard USGI barrel nut wrench will work for the barrel nut. The locking collar for the forearm will need the proprietary wrench that's about $12.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JAR-SPR:

Standard USGI barrel nut wrench will work for the barrel nut. The locking collar for the forearm will need the proprietary wrench that's about $12.
View All Quotes

Thanks. Strap wrench for the collar work?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Never tried a strap wrench for it, always have used the proprietary wrench. Having said that, a strap wrench "may" work, but I can't say I recommend it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

That's all I've ever used.

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 10:50:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#48]
Can we not go full retard like the Mk18 thread.  That thread used to be  great, now to find anything useful out of that thread I have to read through three pages of what are you doing tonight bullshit.

" />

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#49]

Then over 80% of this thread should stop posting as of this. There are extremely few truly correct rifles in this thread. I don't even have one. We really shouldn't do this again, I don't have the gas for it anymore. If we're going to play all or nothing and extend it to every single part for every picture posted in this thread, then anyone not running a Douglas and an A1 with the Mod specific glass would be picking up their toys and heading home.

There's a difference between buying interim parts along the way and upgrading to correct when you get the scratch, and someone who decides they are keeping non-spec parts forever and never intend to change them out. We're not talking Vltor billet uppers or YHM suppressors here. We're talking glass that cost about 80% of the cost of a PRI Mk12 Mod 0 upper, or 64% of a completed Mk12 Mod 0 package from PRI. That's a lot of value to recoup for someone whos already been scrimping and saving.

Parts can be replaced. Scopes can be upgraded. As long as there's clear intent to do so, it should be fine. This thread exists because us modern internet weenies have an innate need and desire to have some feedback and attention by posting our builds and getting words of encouragement. Many of us have succumbed to peer pressure to replace perfectly working Leupold 2.5-8s for TS30A2s, ditching leverstop #22s, replacing PRI SPR sleeves, buying AEM5s. No build here is perfect.
View All Quotes

This.

Just my $0 02

I'm not trying to be clone police or poop on peoples' rifles. I really don't care about Gen 3 Mod 0's w/ PRI Swan sleeves, A2 lowers, non-lever stops, and other small things.

However, the signature things that make the rifles what they are--scopes, muzzle brakes, rails, suppressors, scopes, seem like they should be the bare minimum.

People seem to be going full straw man by acting like it's unreasonable to have minimum standards, when everyone knows there are rifles that don't belong.

Again, just my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:43:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#50]

I'm not trying to be clone police or poop on peoples' rifles. I really don't care about Gen 3 Mod 0's w/ PRI Swan sleeves, A2 lowers, non-lever stops, and other small things.
However, the signature things that make the rifles what they are--scopes, muzzle brakes, rails, suppressors, scopes, seem like they should be the bare minimum.
People seem to be going full straw man by acting like it's unreasonable to have minimum standards, when everyone knows there are rifles that don't belong.
View All Quotes

This.

You contradicted yourself by saying you dont wanna be clone pilice and then giving out YOUR own standards for an acceptable clone.....

If you are saying an a2 lower is less of a big deal than an incorrect optic....and this one thing is less incorrect than another.....well frankly wrong is wrong. U cannot be half wrong. So if you have an a2 lower mk12 clone and you are riding the chaps of someone with a bushnell optic.....then you frankly dont have a leg to stand on. Both clones have incorrect parts. Do we ban both or accept that both are on different levels of correctness because of parts availability and cost? we should critique less.........harshly. if you wanna go full tilt concourse stlye judged rifles in here....well be prepared to feel the heat from anyone.

Chenault, i am SO down for a happy mk12 page. Id post mine since this is a pic thread but remember its not clone correct so .........LOL.

Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top