Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 1178
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

You should, what with all that money you made selling your 12th and everything else associated with Mk12s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mattyvac:
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
BA MOD H Barrels for $142 shipped! Use coupon 'save10now' and use the free economy shipping.

This is probably the best deal you'll ever get on a Mod H barrel that performs amazingly well. See group from yesterday below.

http://ballisticadvantage.com/16-inch-223-wylde-tacgov-mid-length-ss-premium-barrel-ops12.html

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ERtt1N62_CA/Vb5fM7v1yLI/AAAAAAAALf0/pzH2DQE4zKk/s800-Ic42/2015_08_02_14_19_26.jpg

Yup, just saw the email and snagged one for the wife's recceish build.

Since I have a pcs coming up I'll likely wait on mine for my mod H. Seems the ops version is on sale every few months or so. Or if my drill pay hits soon I'll treat myself.

I'm trying real hard not to press the checkout button

You should, what with all that money you made selling your 12th and everything else associated with Mk12s.

Meh. You'll live. It's going to a good home, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey guys so I just ordered the Leupold TS30-AS (#112633) with the Mk262 turrets.  I have a question though, at what distance do I need to zero the rifle in order for the distance markings on the scope to be accurate?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
BA MOD H Barrels for $142 shipped! Use coupon 'save10now' and use the free economy shipping.

This is probably the best deal you'll ever get on a Mod H barrel that performs amazingly well. See group from yesterday below.

http://ballisticadvantage.com/16-inch-223-wylde-tacgov-mid-length-ss-premium-barrel-ops12.html

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ERtt1N62_CA/Vb5fM7v1yLI/AAAAAAAALf0/pzH2DQE4zKk/s800-Ic42/2015_08_02_14_19_26.jpg
View Quote

Holy crapskies.  Great shooting and that's a fricking good price for a barrel that shoots........
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By djsity:

Hey guys so I just ordered the Leupold TS30-AS (#112633) with the Mk262 turrets.  I have a question though, at what distance do I need to zero the rifle in order for the distance markings on the scope to be accurate?
View Quote

Pick a yard line. Zero gun, then return turrets to the zero you just set.

Move to a different yard line, adjust scope, and confirm. It might not be dead on, but should get you MOM
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By djsity:
View Quote

You can read the manual when you get it, but it's set for 0 to be at 100.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok, I get it now.  Thanks for yalls help!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]

You have any pics of that rifle? What kind of mini RDS setup are you using?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:51:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

View All Quotes

Looks like a LT mount with a LT-137 half ring mount for the MRDS.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 3:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:00:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Davey_Sickboy] [#11]
Originally Posted By JJREA:

Holy crapskies.  Great shooting and that's a fricking good price for a barrel that shoots........
View All Quotes

Nevermind
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:07:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#12]
It seems sort of redundant to have someone e-mail proof of ID from their "mail.mil," especially since the new system specifies ".mil" or ".civ" in the address.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By Augee:

Yeah...

A lot of people may do it, and a lot of people may ask for it, but putting up on an open forum to do this is probably not the best idea...

http://www.army.mil/article/28452/photocopying-military-cac-ids-a-violation-of-federal-law/
Also... it seems sort of redundant to have someone e-mail proof of ID from their "mail.mil," especially since the new system specifies ".mil" or ".civ" in the address.  

~Augee
View All Quotes

Yeah...

A lot of people may do it, and a lot of people may ask for it, but putting up on an open forum to do this is probably not the best idea...

http://www.army.mil/article/28452/photocopying-military-cac-ids-a-violation-of-federal-law/

The photocopying of U.S. Government identification cards is a violation of Title 18, U.S. Code Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701 and punishable by fine and imprisonment.

...Although asking for military/government identification is totally permissible by commercial establishments, many government personnel are unaware of the prohibition on duplication of government identification.

Also... it seems sort of redundant to have someone e-mail proof of ID from their "mail.mil," especially since the new system specifies ".mil" or ".civ" in the address.  

~Augee

I hate it when a company advertises mil discounts, but to be eligible, you must need a .mil email.

Not everyone gets a .mil email. Im sure you can...but its like walking around in circles.

CarID lost a lot of my business over that. Pretty much told me to "go way" after I told them about the .mil emails.

They finally changed their ways and accept a DD 214. I sent mine in, only to find out that pretty much everything they have isn't military discount qualified

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah...

~Augee
View All Quotes
Yeah...

The photocopying of U.S. Government identification cards is a violation of Title 18, U.S. Code Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701 and punishable by fine and imprisonment.

...Although asking for military/government identification is totally permissible by commercial establishments, many government personnel are unaware of the prohibition on duplication of government identification.

~Augee

You are absolutely right. Just tryin to help fellow Mil/LEO with the info. And I think it was one or the other with BA, not both. There was a company that required both, but BA was cool with one or the other.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:38:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Augee] [#15]
No problem, not trying to play "forum police," just trying to prevent you from getting hemmed up posting on a public forum.  

It probably suffices to say "they offer a military discount," and let them contact them and see what they need to do to get it/get verified.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By dangerdan:
I hate it when a company advertises mil discounts, but to be eligible, you must need a .mil email.

Not everyone gets a .mil email. Im sure you can...but its like walking around in circles.

CarID lost a lot of my business over that. Pretty much told me to "go way" after I told them about the .mil emails.
They finally changed their ways and accept a DD 214. I sent mine in, only to find out that pretty much everything they have isn't military discount qualified
View Quote

Indeed, I was just commenting on the redundancy of requiring proof of ID through a .mil address if you already have one.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 7:59:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marios5469] [#17]
No one with spare rings for my Mod 0 build?
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By marios5469:
No one with spare rings for my Mod 0 build?
View Quote

Depends on whether you want non-leverstop #22Ms or are fine with the lever stops.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#19]
There is a USED TS-30a2 in the EE if anyone is looking to pay 100.00 over full retail
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:
There is a USED TS-30a2 in the EE if anyone is looking to pay 100.00 over full retail
View Quote

I know. I've been looking for one and saw that one. I'm still looking for one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:11:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: secretwheelman] [#21]

View Quote
It's "RARE" though.

So "RARE" in fact, that you can only buy one from at least 6 different websites right now.

ETA: There are currently 12 different places you can buy one within the first 3 pages of a google search for "ts30a2".

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By secretwheelman:
It's "RARE" though.

So "RARE" in fact, that you can only buy one from at least 6 different websites right now.

ETA: There are currently 12 different places you can buy one within the first 3 pages of a google search for "ts30a2".

View All Quotes
It's "RARE" though.

This is where I got mine.

http://www.tacticalwholesalers.com/Leupold-Mark-4-MRT-25-8x36-M2-Mt-Ill-MD-67920_p_210.html
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 10:30:01 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

It's "RARE" though.

This is where I got mine.

http://www.tacticalwholesalers.com/Leupold-Mark-4-MRT-25-8x36-M2-Mt-Ill-MD-67920_p_210.html
Wrong part#, but that's the one I'd buy If I were buying new.

Link Posted: 8/3/2015 11:11:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#24]
The 2.5-8x36 M2 Illum. TMR is basically the same thing as the TS30A2. The only things I'd doesn't have is the battery cap retention cord (gets broken anyway), ring mounting guide (not very useful), and 77gr 5.56 caps.

They come with .308 168gr caps instead. You can call Leupold up and try to get the correct ones, or see if they will exchange them. In my case, they exchanged caps.

I paid $750 for mine (new), and I made $200 bucks when I sold it years later

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:23:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RadOP] [#25]
Can anyone post pictures of their A.R.M.S #38 Mod rail (one with full 1913 non PEQ-2)  underside of the sleeve?  Buddy can't get his mounted to his upper for some reason.

Never mind he got it..
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:29:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HaveBlue83] [#26]

page pwnage

Pile o parts right now.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:44:25 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By RadOP:

Can anyone post pictures of their A.R.M.S #38 Mod rail (one with full 1913 non PEQ-2)  underside of the sleeve?  Buddy can't get his mounted to his upper for some reason.
View Quote
The MOD and SPR look the same on the receiver end.

Are you talking about the front end?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:52:55 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RadOP:

He got it mounted finally. I've passed the Mk12 clone sickness to too many people.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 7:32:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:

page pwnage

http://s18.postimg.org/bzd8e9ftl/20150804_002219.jpg

Pile o parts right now.

View Quote

Yusss!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Somebody have a ARMS part numbers for the SPR rail and PEQ rail? I also assume the rails changed part # with handguard gens. Can't find it quickly but It might  be buried in here somewhere.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:25:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jax_Guns] [#31]
I know someone on here used an airsoft rail for a .22 build so maybe they might be able to answer. A friend of mine is buying a some parts from a guy that has a PRI FF Tube as well. For the price the guy is asking (cheap) I want to make sure it is not some piece of airsoft junk. Are the Madbull rails marked "for airsoft only" or something else that I can have him look for before be buys it. Unfortunately I am not going to be able to inspect it before he buys it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By PraesulPresul1:
Somebody have a ARMS part numbers for the SPR rail and PEQ rail? I also assume the rails changed part # with handguard gens. Can't find it quickly but It might  be buried in here somewhere.

Thanks.
View Quote

#38 SPR Mod 1 Swan Sleeve  

#38 SPR PEQ-2
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 11:53:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 02Overlander] [#33]

Originally Posted By Jax_Guns:

I know someone on here used an airsoft rail for a .22 build so maybe they might be able to answer. A friend of mine is buying a some parts from a guy that has a PRI FF Tube as well. For the price the guy is asking (cheap) I want to make sure it is not some piece of airsoft junk. Are the Madbull rails marked "for airsoft only" or something else that I can have him look for before be buys it. Unfortunately I am not going to be able to inspect it before he buys it.
View Quote

I used the Madbull GenIII clone on my 15-22 Mod H build but ended up swapping it out for a legit PRI GenIII to get the full length rail at 6. I did not have any issues with the Madbull & the build quality, as far as I can tell, is on par with my PRI tubes. Identifiable differences, the Madbull lacks the internal heat shield & the PRI / USA rollmarks on the ends of the side rails.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_159/1444892_Clone__Licensed_by_PRI__GenIII_Carbon_Fiber_Rail_Tube___Ideal_for__22LR_Mk12_build____165_Shipped.html

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:18:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4_Commando] [#34]
Video of Marines shooting suppressed mk12, they're not allowed to deploy their bipods

https://youtu.be/eXMnES-c-Sk
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:37:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dangerdan] [#35]

Originally Posted By nchapa:

Video of Marines shooting suppressed mk12, they're not allowed to deploy their bipods

View Quote

Looks like K-bay Hawaii - or the worlds worst range (ocean on the right, mountain on the left)

The no-bipod is a course of fire.

If you really want to hear something stupid, 2/3s Bn Commander when in Iraq in 2008 told them they couldn't use the suppressors

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#36]
I need to confess that this thread is always the first one I check when I get on ARFCom.

View Quote

. . . "on this course of fire". Probably just to simulate prone shooting where you aren't able to deploy it maybe?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#37]
If you really want to hear something stupid, 2/3s Bn Commander when in Iraq in 2008 told them they couldn't use the suppressors
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#38]

Looks like K-bay Hawaii - or the worlds worst range (ocean on the right, mountain on the left)

View All Quotes

That sounds like the Marine Corps I once knew...
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:
View All Quotes

My last Bn Gunner said the short barrel for the SAW was ineffective past 200m

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks!

Originally Posted By 02Overlander:

I used the Madbull GenIII clone on my 15-22 Mod H build but ended up swapping it out for a legit PRI GenIII to get the full length rail at 6. I did not have any issues with the Madbull & the build quality, as far as I can tell, is on par with my PRI tubes. Identifiable differences, the Madbull lacks the internal heat shield & the PRI / USA rollmarks on the ends of the side rails.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_159/1444892_Clone__Licensed_by_PRI__GenIII_Carbon_Fiber_Rail_Tube___Ideal_for__22LR_Mk12_build____165_Shipped.html

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 02Overlander:
Originally Posted By Jax_Guns:

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Wow. And you were expected to follow those fuckwits into combat?
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 2:16:59 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Pshh. BN stays in the rear with the gear. Might as well be pogues
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#43]

OFISHUL PRESS RELEASE

I'm going to start calling the Mod H the "APC", or Army Precision Carbine. Since it's not really a Mk12. I will edit the OP the reflect the change. Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#44]
OFISHUL PRESS RELEASE

I'm going to start calling the Mod H the "APC", or Army Precision Carbine. Since it's not really a Mk12. I will edit the OP the reflect the change. Thank you.

<a href="http://s584.photobucket.com/user/auberginewhisperer/media/tumblr_lkjxznLEeX1qzam51o1_500_zps1e55cd85.gif.html" target="_blank">http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/auberginewhisperer/tumblr_lkjxznLEeX1qzam51o1_500_zps1e55cd85.gif</a>

View Quote

Fuckn' liberals...
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#45]
page pwnage

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s18.postimg.org/bzd8e9ftl/20150804_002219.jpg</a>

Pile o parts right now.

View Quote

FAIL.  WRONG LOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.   That's probably not even the case...  A1's?????????    

Looks like you've got a good start!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#46]

OFISHUL PRESS RELEASE

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/auberginewhisperer/tumblr_lkjxznLEeX1qzam51o1_500_zps1e55cd85.gif

View Quote
So, the day before i assemble my Mod H, you remove the Mod H from the MK12 thread.

I.......am i being super trolled or did i miss something?

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

page pwnage

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s18.postimg.org/bzd8e9ftl/20150804_002219.jpg</a>

Pile o parts right now.

That doesn't look a Harris either, but we ain't gonna sweat the small stuff.

Link Posted: 8/4/2015 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#48]
So, the day before i assemble my Mod H, you remove the Mod H from the MK12 thread.    

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s7.postimg.org/jxr6hbs3v/2604c8c350d537bb08322a3ea7a94a0fcf8606b56e39ba1f.jpg</a>
adult image host

View All Quotes
OFISHUL PRESS RELEASE

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/auberginewhisperer/tumblr_lkjxznLEeX1qzam51o1_500_zps1e55cd85.gif

<a href="http://postimage.org/" target="_blank">http://s7.postimg.org/jxr6hbs3v/2604c8c350d537bb08322a3ea7a94a0fcf8606b56e39ba1f.jpg</a>
adult image host

We're sorry, this number has been disconnected or is no longer in service.

I guess your parts are now incorrect, should've built a mod 1.

He's just being a dillhole. Build that shizz. I do like his reclassification though
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I thought i had missed something lolz.

I gotta wait till the end of the year for an 80% A1 lower. Nds has their own forgings made and yet they are never in stock....go figure. I already got a line on a guy in MI to do the custom engraving tho.

Good eye on the bipod. Its a placeholder for a BR-S. I gotta get it together and shooting....then swap out for correctness as I go. Trust me i know every item that wont be correct and it keeps me awake at night.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#50]
I thought i had missed something lolz.

I gotta wait till the end of the year for an 80% A1 lower. Nds has their own forgings made and yet they are never in stock....go figure. I already got a line on a guy in MI to do the custom engraving tho.

Good eye on the bipod. Its a placeholder for a BR-S. I gotta get it together and shooting....then swap out for correctness as I go. Trust me i know every item that wont be correct and it keeps me awake at night.
View Quote

Clone incorrectness is a cold-hearted bitch, that's for sure.
Page / 1178
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top