Site Notices
11/27/2014 5:24:27 PM
11/27/2014 12:14:39 AM
  Previous Page
Page:  / 16
Author
Posted: 12/1/2009 5:11:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/1/2009 5:37:19 AM EST by chrisp929]
On another site whos name means stormrifle in german, it seems there is a manufacturer selling a plastic lower receiver called PLUMCRAZY.

One lower and internal parts kit for $89 !!!!!!!!!!

Anyone heard of these kids ?

Thanks

P.S. Is that fire control group plastic ? Not that it is a bad thing. The Steyr Aug trigger group is all plastic, even the hammer. I'm just pointing fingers in inquisition.

RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 5:17:13 AM EST
Plumstoopid if you ask me...
Butterknife
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 5:21:08 AM EST
OUCH!! That sucks!
chrisp929
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 5:23:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
Plumstoopid if you ask me...
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/jcrowl/290t2k6-1.jpg

NOW LETS BE FAIR ....

The lower above is a VULCAN ARMS lower. NOT a Plumcrazy lower.

As you were....
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 5:27:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/1/2009 5:28:01 AM EST by RDTCU]
Originally Posted By Butterknife:
OUCH!! That sucks!

Yea, it's a blackthorne/hesse/vulcan, no it's not mine...
"Plastic" lowers have never been a good idea in my opinion, without a significant redesign like the Cav Arms lowers
kells81
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 5:39:44 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/1/2009 5:40:29 AM EST by kells81]
Is that hammer, trigger, sear and BC made of plastic? The pins and springs look like real metal, but the major parts do not look right.

Prolly be a nice base for a 22LR dedicated project.
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 5:52:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By kells81:
Is that hammer, trigger, sear and BC made of plastic? The pins and springs look like real metal, but the major parts do not look right.

That's what i thought, but.....surely not....

The packaging says "reduced mass" fire control group...
PimpedGSG
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 6:01:19 AM EST
I have a curiosity to ask......that Hesse......how did it break? Was it dropped as a complete gun, did it break during firing? I always see that pic. No, a plastic lower doesn't seem like a durable one. But perhaps a carbon fibre or some type of serious strength polymer might work. I played Ice hockey with Carbon and graphite sticks, they took a pounding and never broke. Since the lower doesn't really heat up to a detrimental degree when firing, maybe those might work. Do we know exactly what this lower is made of...plastic is pretty general.
EdgecrusherXES_45
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 6:19:28 AM EST
IMO this lower would have never held up in Iraq or Afghan the M4's and M16's we had did well but a plastic one the first time we would have slammed it down or put to much stress on them they would have broke. For a 22LR I would imagine it would do fine but with a 5.56 round and racking off round after round I think it would start to give up. Granted they make polymer pistols but they have been tested and proven and until it is proven I would not drink that kool-aid. I want something that will hold up a little better and I believe Stoner designed it with an Al receiver for a reason. Just my .02
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. -Thomas Jefferson
cosmos556
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 6:25:09 AM EST
Got a link for us who aren't seeing it on sturm's boards
markm
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 6:25:17 AM EST
This guy was selling these things a few years back. I think the company was out of Lake Havasu City, AZ.

Lake Havasu is where the original Piece of SHIT Carbon 15 was hatched from.
We need to get over the romance of carrying a 1911 pistol, and get on to the business of shooting smelly bad guys in the face with a modern handgun.
chrisp929
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 7:04:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/1/2009 7:04:58 AM EST by chrisp929]
Originally Posted By cosmos556:
Got a link for us who aren't seeing it on sturm's boards

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=262273
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 7:09:06 AM EST
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
Originally Posted By kells81:

That's what i thought, but.....surely not....

The packaging says "reduced mass" fire control group...

Looking at the bigger picture, one of the selling points on the fire control group packaging is the fact that it's "NON METALLIC"
soooooooo, draw your own conclusions as to the quality and durability of the products that come out of that place...
fadedsun
Wanted war criminal from texas
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 7:49:40 AM EST
Unsafe garbage.

Cav arms is the onlycway to go for polymer lowers
Confucious say:"Do not break into house of man who have gun for every occasion"
AFA
Less whiners for a better America...
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 7:52:13 AM EST
From the listing:

"Lifetime Unconditional Guarantee. We have registered some of these as machine guns and put close to 9k rounds through one, with negligible wear."

I had suggested this idea to Magpul a while back, looks like someone else hatched it!! I mean if they have a lifetime guarantee I guess they are worth a shot.

SHTF Certified....
Forest
Save Cav-Arms!
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 7:53:57 AM EST
I wouldn't mind picking one of these up for testing. As another poster said it might work great for a dedicated .22 rifle
'98 Jeep XJ Owner

6.8 > 6.5
Logan09
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 7:56:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/1/2009 7:58:07 AM EST by Logan09]
To me, its the reason I don't buy a glock. I DON'T want a plastic gun! Its a good price, but I don't want my AR to look plastic. I'm sure they will withstand a lot of rnds through them, but If you drop it? Who knows?
markm
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 8:05:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By AFA:
I mean if they have a lifetime guarantee I guess they are worth a shot.

Keep in mind that OLYMPIC ARMS claims to have a lifetime warrantee too. They typically don't honor it, but it's there for people to feel good about.

A real lower is only 100-140 bucks... there's no reason to mess with this kind of junk.
We need to get over the romance of carrying a 1911 pistol, and get on to the business of shooting smelly bad guys in the face with a modern handgun.
fatebringer
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 8:14:04 AM EST
I'm surprised no one has brought up the videos that were posted about (or by) this company a few months back or mentioned the steak knife test.
cwebbcam
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 8:14:24 AM EST
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Unsafe garbage.

Please let me now what part of these lowers are putting people at risk. We need to get the word out before anyone else is injured. Please post all the info you have about the failures and related injuries. Keeping the details to yourself is just crazy!

Butt secks is a lot like spinach. If you're forced to have it as a kid, you're not gonna enjoy it as an adult.-PantherArms762
SIPCAT-C
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 8:30:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By Logan09:
To me, its the reason I don't buy a glock. I DON'T want a plastic gun! Its a good price, but I don't want my AR to look plastic. I'm sure they will withstand a lot of rnds through them, but If you drop it? Who knows?

plenty of "plastic" on the AR
engineer2001
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 8:33:12 AM EST
Originally Posted By markm:
This guy was selling these things a few years back. I think the company was out of Lake Havasu City, AZ.

Lake Havasu is where the original Piece of SHIT Carbon 15 was hatched from.

Isn't it also where all those Girls Gone Wild Spring Break videos come from?

Haha!

TaylorWSO
Kool-aid
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 8:33:56 AM EST
Originally Posted By SIPCAT-C:

handguard and stock? 2 pieces that really wont hurt you if they break, the rifle will still be functional even if they are removed. functional meaning able to fire
I use a flamethrower for home defense, it always beats the racking of the 870 and the "superior" wounding effects of the AR
RDTCU
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 8:39:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By cwebbcam:
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Unsafe garbage.

Please let me now what part of these lowers are putting people at risk. We need to get the word out before anyone else is injured. Please post all the info you have about the failures and related injuries. Keeping the details to yourself is just crazy!

Did you happen to realize that the FIRE CONTROL GROUP IS PLASTIC TOO???
If nothing else, this could lead to accidental discharges, doubles, or just flat-out failure...

They may not explode catastrophically in your hands, leaving a small crater where you stood, but they WILL wear faster and they WILL break easier than even the cheapest cast aluminum piece... (all quality receivers are forged or billet, so even better)
Market_Garden
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 8:42:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By TaylorWSO:

handguard and stock? 2 pieces that really wont hurt you if they break, the rifle will still be functional even if they are removed. functional meaning able to fire

Grip, magazine, sights now even. Let's face it, modern polymers are more than suited to tasks that were previously unthinkable. Now, I'm not saying that plastic fire control groups are a good idea (who knows, they may prove to work though) but the attitude that "I don't want a plastic gun" is stupid, and immediately makes me think of some old fudd that gripes about anything that's not a 1911, and how he doesn't trust "those plastic pistols."
SIPCAT-C
Link To This Post
Posted: 12/1/2009 8:44:08 AM EST
Originally Posted By TaylorWSO:

Agreed. Just saying it's not disastrous to employ the use of plastics on firearms.
Glocks are rugged as sin. ARs have fielded very well.

That said, this plumcrazy shit looks extremely suspect.
  Previous Page
Page:  / 16