Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2009 9:39:34 AM EDT
I found out AFTER I ordered a bolt carrier that it is for full auto. I ordered it from Midwayusa. It didnt say it on the webpage when I ordered it. There was some feedback from someone afterward on the webpage saying that it is a full auto carrier group. Will it work?? I am putting together a semi auto gun.

using:
rock river arms lower
dpms lopro upper
doublestar 16inch car barrel
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, and some people say it is preferable.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#2]
It will work, and most cosnider it to be superior.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 9:53:46 AM EDT
[#3]
its one of the upgrades people often do....keep it
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 9:56:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I run them in all of mine.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#5]
yes, but slightly heavier.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I run them in all of mine.

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#7]
it will work fine, and I prefer FA carriers.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#8]
legal- check
reliable- check

looks like you got something a little better than expected. Just make sure the key screws are staked good, what brand is it?
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#9]
yes, with the small exception of unmodified older colts
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#10]
yes, with the small exception of unmodified older colts
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 11:37:26 AM EDT
[#11]
First of all I have a full auto bcg in my go to rifle, which is an Armalite, and have no intentions of changing it.
OP you should use it and not worry about it. I am sure they will not kick in your door for having one.

now for the information found on bushmasters wesite..

A STATEMENT FROM BUSHMASTER REGARDING MACHINEGUN PARTS

The position of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) is that if your AR15 type rifle contains even one M16 component, it is a Machine Gun. If you own an AR15 from any manufacturer, check to make sure there are no M16 components in it’s assemblies. If there are, remove them immediately. Machine them to AR configuration, or replace them and destroy the M16 components. Refer to the illustrations below to determine if you have M16 components in your assemblies. If you have any questions about your parts, give us a call and we’ll be glad to supply you with the legally acceptable parts.
Sales of M16 components by Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC will only be made to the following categories of customers:  (1) Class 3 (NFA) Dealer,  (2) Individual who has a registered NFA weapon,  (3) Federal Firearms Licensee with a customer who has a registered NFA weapon.

AP

Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#12]
People should stop refering to them as "Full-Auto" bolt carriers.  We are just shooting ourselves in the foot.  They should be called "full length" or "fully shrouded" or something along those lines.  Refering to them as Full Auto or M-16 carriers will only be used against you when your computer is seized, David Olofson-style.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
People should stop refering to them as "Full-Auto" bolt carriers.  We are just shooting ourselves in the foot.  They should be called "full length" or "fully shrouded" or something along those lines.  Refering to them as Full Auto or M-16 carriers will only be used against you when your computer is seized, David Olofson-style.

Well said.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Just call them 'correct' carriers and anything else 'neutered' carriers.

There is no useful reason to have a 'semi', unshrouded or half  circle carrier.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 12:33:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 6:10:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Daniel Defense
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Good call on the full length or fully shrouded. I dont know which one sounds better. Maybe somebody at midway has that idea also, because they sure arent selling it any diferent.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#18]
From what I have seen there are only two other companies saying all of their bcg's are magnetic particle inspected (bush, colt) And only one is currently putting these fully shrouded carriers in their guns to start (colt).
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I finally got to shoot this build for the first time yesterday. Man it was fun. This was the first time I had put anything together and it worked!! Thanks for the replies about the carrier. The gun was ejecting the brass at about three to four oclock range and five to six feet away. Not a single problem.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

LOL!

It doesn't matter what the hell we "call" it.

If the ATF wants to, they can make a ruling about it or change their minds at any time they want.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top